jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

I am scared to watch Muslim Nation !

1. Ggarner profile image78
    Ggarnerposted 13 months ago

Being a Non Religious person, it is very difficult to understand the extremist nature of a Religion. Why is it that only one form or his Specific Religion on the Globe of Earth is so different from others that it scares me.
    There are countless discussions around on the Social Media, Books and other websites on whats right and whats wrong but no one can ever step up and Questions there own community.
    My point is simple- Why are women not allowed to grow in this religion. And I shall be glad to generalize the whole discussion by Muslim dominated countries. Be it the African nations, or the Middle east or the South east Asian countries, Woman are only seen covered from the Top to Bottom in a Burkha or a Hijab. Why cannot they be independent like the European or the Western or the Latin countries. Why is it that men in specific have so much control over the females that every Religious norm, every law is written to outshine women and keep them wrapped in Darkness.
    They cannot love, they cannot choose, they cannot go around, they cannot decide and they cannot make a living : All they have to do is be born to serve their husbands for life.
    Why is that these Muslim counties do not have literally scholar women, who can be scientists or Doctors or what not. Why is it that Males who follow this religion have degraded Humanity and called it all in the name of their Gods.
    Females, being which lesser muscle power cannot even step up and question. Even if they do, either their men would stop them or even if they agree, the men of the society would punish the men who agreed to help a female.
    It is like a vicious circle which never ends and these countries even in the era of the best of technology and civilization choose women as Breeders and not as Soulmates or companions.

Shame on them !

1. arksys profile image91
      arksysposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Everything you describe is true but you blame it on Islam even when it is more to do with the culture of those countries and not Islam. My sister is a scientist and has completed her Phd in biochemistry. I have worked with many females who have done and are currently in the middle of their Phd and live in the countries you are talking about. No one can stop them if that is what they want to do... Learn to separate culture from religion and then point at the wrong.

2. Oztinato profile image84
    Oztinatoposted 13 months ago

Religion or politics can be used as an excuse for oppression. In such cases the religion has seperated from its real function of compassion. This sort of thing can happen at any social level even in families. When others want ti bully or oppress everything becomes an excuse to do so.

3. IslandBites profile image85
    IslandBitesposted 4 weeks ago

The most prominent Muslim female leaders are former prime minister of Pakistan Benazir Bhutto (served 1988-1990 and 1993-1996), Indonesian President Megawati Sukarnoputri (elected 2001), former Turkish Prime Minister Tansu Ciller (served 1993-1995), former Senegalese President Mame Madior Boye (elected 2001), Bangladeshi Prime Ministers Begum Khaleda Zia (served 1991-96 and 2001–06) and Sheikh Hasina Wajed (first elected in 1996), former Iranian vice president Masoumeh Ebtekar (served from 1997 to 2005), Malian president Cissé Mariam Kaïdama Sidibé (elected in 2011), current President of Kosovo Atifete Jahjaga (elected in 2011), and current President of Mauritius Bibi Ameenah Firdaus Gurib-Fakim (elected in 2015).

1. Quilligrapher profile image87
      Quilligrapherposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

A truly enlightened post. Thank you!

2. arksys profile image91
      arksysposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Thanks for sharing ... @IslandBites.

It doesn't end just at politics though... links to some scientists.

http://muslim-science.com/muslim-scienc … mic-world/

and some in the Olympics.

https://mic.com/articles/127163/meet-th … .Q53kCiZ9O

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/olympics/ri … qnzxf.html

I know a muay thai club in Islamabad Pakistan also goes out to teach women how to fight and even sends them for competitions in Malaysia. All the gyms and sportsclubs have special and dedicated times for women. some of them allow both genders to exercise at the same time.

It didn't all just happen ...