jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

When you die...

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 8 months ago

Do you really think you are going to be put in a room and judged by someone else?

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 8 months ago in reply to this

For $100 I'll ring back down in a few years and let you know the real answer.  If I can, anyway... smile

2. colorfulone profile image89
      colorfuloneposted 8 months ago in reply to this

What kind of room?   Who's the judge?

3. ahorseback profile image53
      ahorsebackposted 8 months ago in reply to this

If someone does believe it ,then  what is the point of your question , to get a reaction ,?  Certainly not to get an honest answer .      Typical  negative  forum  bait ?

4. Oztinato profile image84
      Oztinatoposted 8 months ago in reply to this

What an oddly phrased and convoluted question.
      Let me untangle it:
      1. you're aiming a question at a stereotype you have of
      2. mainly right wing backwoods christianity
      3. which you wish to mock by
      4. saying what you think others believe in a
      5. paternalistic manner to
      6. offend and demean for the purposes of
      7. needless controversy to
      8. make a buck or two.
      Whew! What utter silliness.
      Poins 3 and 4 in particular ethically undoes you as well as point 6, 7 and 8.
      The polite or scientific way to ask such a convolute twisted question is simply to say "do you believe we are judged at the end of our lives".
      You are obviously saying only fools believe there is any kind of judgement which contradicts both the scientific law of cause and effect and also the deepest strivings of thousands of years of esoteric thought. Are we (or you) superior to both science and religion? No. This might strike you as strange but you might not be more knowledgeable that all of science and religion.
      Do some people believe there is a"room" to be judged in like a court? Who knows.

2. Live to Learn profile image80
    Live to Learnposted 8 months ago

There was a time when I might have said yes; but not in an angry judgmental way. More of a chance to help one understand why wrongs were wrongs. To allow the individual to experience remorse which might not have been experienced during life.

Now, no. I don't think so.

3. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 8 months ago

I think that we all go through a life review.

1. Paul Wingert profile image78
      Paul Wingertposted 8 months ago in reply to this

If we go through a life review, it'll be done by our survivors who will judge us based on our life's accomplishments. If there is judgement in the afterlife by God, I'll give him a chance to explain himself and if he's the same god as described in the Bible, I don't want anything to do with him.

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image85
    Kathryn L Hillposted 8 months ago

~ it may be that we review ourselves and gain an awareness of what we did just now ... during life. We hold onto that awareness and self knowing / understanding within our blueprint until we are born to try again. Something like that.

As I imagine

1. Popit profile image82
      Popitposted 8 months ago in reply to this

I'm with you on that Kathryn.  That's why the same issues can crop up over and over in one life time.

2. benalla abdellah profile image58
      benalla abdellahposted 8 months ago in reply to this

I am with you too Kathryn, but i think at the end of life we will all be reviewed for all what we have done, and we will be judged by a holly spirit

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image85
        Kathryn L Hillposted 8 months ago in reply to this

It seems to me the holy spirit does not judge.
        The holy spirit knows everything and would never judge you, as it accepts you unconditionally.
        ~ why would it judge?
        ~ to what end?
        How does that work in your mind, Benalla Abdellah?
        If anything, the holy spirit informs you as to how to find true happiness / joy / bliss. (and holy spirit will tell you this in life as after life.)
        The amazing thing is that our self will is always taken into consideration.
        We can find true happiness or not.
        Our choice.

~ according to my surmising.