jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

What do you think is the most important charity?

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
    schoolgirlforrealposted 3 months ago

There are a lot of charities out there. personally, I think as long as you give to one or more you are doing the right thing. but do you have a favorite?

I have given to babies of prostitutes (saving Moses) who are in danger
    I would like to help stop sex trafficking
    I have given to other charities

Do you have a favorite or think one is more important?

2. Aime F profile image82
    Aime Fposted 3 months ago

I think they're all important in their own ways and people are drawn to certain ones based on experiences, familiarity, preferences, etc. which is great because then the kindness gets spread around.

I make monetary donations to the SPCA and Canadian Cancer Society and I've volunteered with a bunch - I think volunteering is just as important as monetary donations when it comes to many charities, if you've got the time!

schoolgirlforrealposted 3 months ago in reply to this

That's great to hear that you donate and spend time helping as well. SPCA is for animals, right? I am trying to find a soup kitchen near me to volunteer for homeless people

3. Dr CHE Sadaphal profile image81
    Dr CHE Sadaphalposted 3 months ago

I have been giving to Feed the Children for quite some time. So many different charities do so many different admirable things that it is hard to rank them.

What I would say, though, is that researching a charity is imperative because for many, a tiny fraction of every dollar given actually goes toward those that the charity is presumably helping.

schoolgirlforrealposted 3 months ago in reply to this

I think I've given to Feed the Children. I know I got mail from them. I gave to one from Daystar.com also which may have had a similar name.

So, have you researched Feed the Children? How do you research a charity?

1. Dr CHE Sadaphal profile image81
        Dr CHE Sadaphalposted 3 months ago in reply to this

They give over 90% of every dollar donated to the children who need food.

4. NeverTie1 profile image71
    NeverTie1posted 3 months ago

Charity's are important but I believe that you need to check them out before donating to any of them.

You can find a lot of information about each one online, I always look them up before giving I want to know how much of my money is going to that charity and not in the pockets of others. That is very important, as there are a lot of charity's out there but please do some research before giving.

working