6 plus 3 equals 9

1. herrypaul profile image68
    herrypaulposted 2 months ago

Yet so do 7 plus 2, and 13 minus 4. The point is the way you do things is not always the only way to do them, or in other words, my opinion is not the same with yours, so we should respect other people's ways of thinking!
    And about my question: Do you agree with same-sex marriage or gay marriage?
    I do not mean to offend or push you. This is just the forum, a place where we can make or share an opinion even if you agree or disagree is not a matter to me. Yet in my opinion (I am a christian), marriage is sacred! (between women and men) because: what had been united God, it couldn't be separated (by humans), although you have chosen to separate and get married again, (believe it or not) yet in the eyes of God, you are still husband and wife. We, of course, have different perceptions( because I sure we have different faith), yet I believe there are some the same with me.

2. Travel'n Person profile image80
    Travel'n Personposted 2 months ago

Marriage is a civil partnership in our modern society.  It should not be governed by religion.
    No one is making you marry a man.  You can follow your own beliefs as long as you don't infringe on the rights of others to follow their beliefs.
    If you think our country should be ruled by a religious book, then which one?  Which religion?  Yours? (of course you would say that because you are right and others are wrong).

3. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 2 months ago

I would not marry a person of the same sex.  But then there are a lot of things people do that I would not - I don't go to bars to get drunk, I won't cheat on my wife, I don't participate in road rage.

The point is that there are lots of ways to do things and lots of things I don't care to participate in.  They are my personal choices, for my life, but do not apply to others - they will make their own decisions for themselves.

When you describe your personal interpretation of what your personal god says or wants, it does not apply to others.  You say marriage is sacred, but it is not so to others.  You say marriage cannot be dissolved, but it can to others.  Your perception is not theirs, and you cannot force your perception onto them whether you think that perception is from your god or not.

So gay marriage is fine...for others.  It's not for me, it's not for you, but you don't get to make the decision for anyone but you.  It is a philosophy that so many of the religious bent (whether Christian, Muslim or other) pay lip service to (Matt. 7:12) but fail miserably in applying to themselves.