jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 3 weeks ago

Do you contend that the afterlife is actual or a fantastical idea propagated by religion in order to assuage people that there is something....better?   To those who believe in the afterlife, do you strongly contend that the afterlife is a guide as to how to live your life?  To those who don't believe in an afterlife, do you believe that the afterlife is a distractor in living the fullest life?  YOUR THOUGHTS?

1. Claire Evans profile image91
      Claire Evansposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

I think some religious ideas may just come from experience.  Testimonies of Near Dear Experiences are quite compelling.  Scientists thinks so, too. 

http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/6 … king-study

Nobody should have any consciousness after clinical death, but people do when they have NDEs. 

To me, the afterlife is not a guide.  God is.  The Holy Spirit is on earth to guide us, not something to be guide us in the afterlife when it is irrelevant.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image85
      Kathryn L Hillposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

Here is there. There is here.

2. Pham Ryan profile image79
    Pham Ryanposted 3 weeks ago

Almost impossible to answer a question like this. No one that has passed away can tell us what happens, and we cannot come back to life after dying. Afterlife, reincarnation, etc is more of a assurance so that people would stop thinking about their death and what happens after.

3. Live to Learn profile image82
    Live to Learnposted 3 weeks ago

There is enough evidence for me to accept there is something after this life. What that something is remains a mystery.