jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Who Is The Author Of The Bible?

1. snapcracklepop profile image60
    snapcracklepopposted 4 weeks ago

Some feel and believe that men are the authors of the Bible. Others believe that God is the sole Author of the Bible. What do you think or believe is the case?

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/vide … _E_1_VIDEO

1. 70
      paarsurreyposted 4 days ago in reply to this

Which Bible, the OT (the Jewish Bible) or NT, the Christian Bible? Please

2. Live to Learn profile image81
    Live to Learnposted 4 weeks ago

It's interesting that you would ask that question and then post a link to a JW video. Since the JW changed crucial wording within the book, to push their particularly unique ideology, I would say man wrote the JW Bible.

1. snapcracklepop profile image60
      snapcracklepopposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

It's interesting that you would comment on something that you really know nothing about. I already know that God is the Author of His Word the Bible even though He used men to pen His thoughts and words. My question is directed to those who believe one way or another concerning who the Author is of the Bible.
      The video supports my scriptural viewpoint  concerning who the Author of the Bible is and I have chosen to share it with fellow hubbers.

I don't expect you or others like you to agree with me when it comes to my beliefs and faith, that's your prerogative. I simply post what I believe in or believe to be based on God's Word the Bible.

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

If you already know, somehow, that God controlled the minds and pens of Emperor Constantine and his group or powerful church personalities, why do you ask?

But I would ask, in return, if God was the author (regardless of the tools He used), why are there so many egregious errors in scripture?  Did God make multiple errors?  Did He seek to deceive His people?  Has someone else after Constantine changed scripture?

1. Trichakra profile image60
          Trichakraposted 10 days ago in reply to this

What type of error are you talking about?

1. wilderness profile image96
            wildernessposted 10 days ago in reply to this

Start with Genesis and the tale of creation.   Then add in the tale of Adam and Eve, followed by Noah and the worldwide flood that never happened.

3. cheaptrick profile image75
    cheaptrickposted 4 weeks ago

Anyone with Any common sense Knows that Quinton Terentino wrote it just after he wrote 'Pulp Fiction' and if you look carefully at the similarities it's clear as a San Francisco fall day...there are even elements of 'Kill Bill' through out the OT...if you look at it the right way... smile

4. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 3 weeks ago

The texts assembled into the Bible were written by many different people.  Whether you consider them the direct instruments of God or inspired by God is a matter of personal faith.