jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (25 posts)

why would God prepare fires for some people ?

1. Eng.M profile image74
    Eng.Mposted 7 years ago

may be..
    to purify them from sins they kept doing in life ignoring other people rights..

may be..

what do you think , seriously ?

1. Kelsey Tallis profile image79
      Kelsey Tallisposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think God fires some people because they're doing a lousy job.

1. Eng.M profile image74
        Eng.Mposted 7 years ago in reply to this

do you think it is fair?

Yes, if they can't do their job, they deserved to get fired.

1. Eng.M profile image74

who's the boss ?

Tony Danza.

1. Eng.M profile image74

is he perfect?
                or is she ?

2. profile image0
                Janettaposted 7 years ago in reply to this
    2. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think there is some truth in it.  I do believe that the entire Earth, and all its inhabitants at some point will be burned up.  The same way loggers burn area's of the forest or Mother Nature does herself.  To refine the earth. (earth also meaning people... made from the Earth etc.. dirt, you know what I mean)

I am certainly doubtful that God would burn people alive in it... but then again if there are people alive during this time and everything is getting burned up... well you would have to go someway. 

Really I think it is a metaphor for being made new.

1. profile image67
        Hell N0posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Your last statement is very close to the truth.  Visit my hubs for more info.

2. mohitmisra profile image60
        mohitmisraposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Nice thoughts Sandra, sorry I missed this smile

3. mohitmisra profile image60

In Ayurveda the Indian medicine system we are made of fire(pita), that is one of the five elements .smile

4. profile image61
      wanitakissposted 7 years ago in reply to this

heloo

2. Inspirepub profile image87
    Inspirepubposted 7 years ago

God wouldn't.

People would, in His name, but God wouldn't.

Jenny

3. David Bowman profile image60
    David Bowmanposted 7 years ago

I think it is absurd to believe that a deity so incredibly advanced enough to create a universe and living beings would find it reasonable to torture people in an everlasting fire for finite and sometimes petty offenses; such as simply not believing in him/her/it.

I myself am an "infidel" because I do not accept that any such being exists, but if I thought one did, I certainly would not believe it capable of such abhorrent behavior. I would be morally superior to such a being as would most of us. Punishments, like the ones that us mere mortals employ, are meant as a corrective measures. Hell is simply sadistic vengeance.

People need to start thinking for themselves and stop believing in childish fairy-tales that they were indoctrinated to believe as children. Hell is a scare tactic, period.

1. mohitmisra profile image60

We are in hell , we have fire in us and outside of us, we need that big ball of fire (sun) to live. smile

2. earnestshub profile image88
      earnestshubposted 7 years ago in reply to this

So is heaven. Apparently an omniscient, omnipresent invisible entity will not let you in if you don't "obey" him/her/it. Sounds more like Hitler than a god, unless the god is Zeus!

4. fierycj profile image84
    fierycjposted 7 years ago

I think we waste too much time trying to figure out why God does what he does. Truth is, if there is a God, and all we know about him, and His Greatness and all is true, then he can do whatever He wants, and all we gotta do is shut up. He owes us no explanation. I know it isn't a comforting thought, but thats just the way it is.

1. profile image60
      badcompany99posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Very nicely put !

2. mohitmisra profile image60

True he has made us and owns us and I have absolutely no problem with it, he loves me more than anyone could ever love me and I love him the same more than anyone or anything smile

5. pjh profile image60
    pjhposted 7 years ago

only people who hate God and everything about him will have a problem with the idea of hell-

1. profile image67
      Hell N0posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I have no problem with God.  I do have a real problem with people who teach such utter blasphamy.  Visit my hubs for more info.

6. waynet profile image49
    waynetposted 7 years ago

To keep them warm...central heating may not be an option!!

1. mohitmisra profile image60

lol   lol  lol

7. Rockwell Fitness profile image74
    Rockwell Fitnessposted 7 years ago

My 2 cents:

If you believe in God, and have been "saved", then there's nothing to worry about....

But if you choose not to believe, then get the hot dogs, marshmallows, and campfire stories ready.....

Your beliefs are your choice... The freedom of choice is our greatest asset.

working