jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (18 posts)

God and Money

1. fierycj profile image80
    fierycjposted 8 years ago

I'm a madman sometimes. I know. You don't even have to tell me. But here's the thing that kills me though. Everybody likes money, right. Everybody wants to be rich, and fart dough thru their anuses, right. So if you're into God and all that stuff, and you're supposed to be content with life and all. How do you balance it out, if you're an ambitious madman, who wants to pile up dough just for the hell of it. Of course you wanna do a whole lot of good and change the world and all the corny crap. But everybody says that phony stuff these days. I know I'm not making a lot of sense - I'm in one of my moods - but I still wonder, though. One of my best passages of scripture says, "Then shalt thou lay up gold as dust, and the gold of Ophir as the stones of the brooks." I keep thinking about it. I mean I have dreams where I'm swimming in a pool of gold coins like friggin Scrooge from wuchmacallit old Disney cartoons. I'm a madman, don't even mention it. I know.

1. Capable Woman profile image64
      Capable Womanposted 8 years ago in reply to this

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t107/Draconum321/Fail/fail.gif

2. mohitmisra profile image55
      mohitmisraposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Its all about balancing the spiritual and material, both are required.

"Money is also a part of god,
      Dont earn it by committing a fraud." smile

There have been sages or mystics who were so broke that they had a problem with their daily food and then there were mystics who were kings and ruled justly in an enlightened way.
      These kings had no attachment. smile

2. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 8 years ago

So now, what exactly is your question, or problem.... you want to be rich but you think you should not be is that it???????????

You are leaving yourself wide open here for comments look forward to reading them tomorrow, welcome back where have you been...making money eh????? nothing wrong with that

fierycjposted 8 years ago in reply to this

comments don't do no harm, Bren. Just comments. Did you get my message? Anyways, I'm not home yet. Been doing this little thing out of town. Should be back tomorrow or next, though.

3. alexd181 profile image59
    alexd181posted 8 years ago

Money is a lower level need, like shelter, and food. I think the problem arises when money becomes the focal point of one's attention, rather than something we require to sustain ourselves.

you're right, man. You really are.

4. profile image0

I got your message, hurry up back, did you see my message about the zebras..... Are you in bad humour

I saw your message...what do you mean, I'm I in bad humour, when?

5. profile image0

just at the beginning of this thread that's all, could not really understand it

oh. Hey Bren, i've got new hubs typed unpublished. I'll put it out when I get back.

6. Inspirepub profile image81
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

Check out the parable of the talents, fierycj. God punishes those who do not take what money He gives them, and multiply it by their efforts.

Jenny

That's what I just said. I wanna do good and all that crap. But i hate saying corny stuff like that - its phony as hell. If you wanna do good, just do it. Use your one talent and multiply the hell out of it without making headlines about it. Thanks, Girl.

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
        Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Be careful man - "Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

You want to watch out what those evil FSM believers tell you.

i'm never good with acronyms, man. What's FSM?

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
            Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago in reply to this

The One True God. You wouldn't understand - the vibrations are probably too high for you to attune to.wink

boring.

7. lxxy profile image59
    lxxyposted 8 years ago

Money is a falsehood invented by man to enslave man--God does not care about these sort of issues, I've been lead to believe.

Because Bernie made off....

working