jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

Is there anything bibicaly wrong with being a liberal Christian?

1. profile image0
    mdawson17posted 7 years ago

I have seen more and more now days that more fundamental Cristian has turned their belief to being more liberal. What is the biblical views of my fellow hubbers?

1. fierycj profile image84
      fierycjposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think most people like to play it safe. So they dumb down their beliefs to avoid confrontations or to be labelled a jesus freak or something. As for me, I wouldn't care what anyone taught about my beliefs. I would back it up anywhere. No kidding. A lot of people are just scared though. Its a shame really.

1. Mark Knowles profile image61
        Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

"Gripped by fear men go to the sacred mountains, sacred groves, sacred trees and shrines".

2. spiderpam profile image54
        spiderpamposted 7 years ago in reply to this

So sad, but so true it's easier in blend into the ways of the world, and we're going more and more of this pulling away from God to be more accepted. And those few Christians who refuse to bow down to man, and choose to stand up for God will persecuted, Look at the ex Miss Cali.

1. profile image0
          mdawson17posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Every one of you guys are right I could have not said it any better! Many Christians numb their beliefs so that they do not have to have a confrontation!

2. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

For several weeks I have noticed you are one of the most consistant at posting public debate in the forums. Clearly you feel the need to soapbox your beliefs daily in the forums; which clearly annoys alot of people, given some of the comments that appear on the posts.  I haven't posted too many comments in response to your daily trumpet calls; But I think I will change that for this reason: I am interested in understanding why a person who promotes himself as one who has helped a community of homeless people spends so much time broadcasting himself? You Clearly Seek recognition for the life you have.. Why do you expect that all members of this community should spend so much time stroking your ego?
    We all have our own beliefs. For example: I believe that on certain ocassions, the Romans got it right with whom they fed to the Lions!
    Instead of bleating in public forums about how others are treating you.... Why don't you step down from your box and spend the time where it is more appreciated?  Perhaps you could continue to help the homeless; instead of trying to help your ego develop beyond being obnoxious.
    Don't make the mistake of taking what I'm saying as a slur against religious issues: I am directng my remarks at the man who would have us believe that he is worthy of having his ego stroked. You do not earn respect by going on like a pissed parrot each day .. you only dilute the validity of your opinion! Get a Life mrdawson, a more balanced one.

You made your point. But the statement about being fed to the lions was uncalled for. Its not a pleasant experience. I'm sure you wouldn't like to be fed to lions.

1. Pearldiver profile image86
        Pearldiverposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Oh I'm sorry... Did you miss the relevancy of Androcles to that equation?  I do not fear Lions or Preachers!!

Well, good for you. And the christians were pretty brave too. The lions will still eat you up, though. He wont say, hey this guy is brave, i'll pass.

3. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

If you read the history of Androcles; you may find the true relevancy of the point that was made!

From all perspectives: Roman's, Christian's, Lion's & Slave's.

Not as interesting as the Old Testament or Emerald Tablets; but equally significant to any religious debate!

Sorry, not into history. Never been. It bores the crap outta me. I deleted the History Channel from my satellite. That's how bad I hate the stuff. So I'm not debating with you on History. No way!

2. Make  Money profile image74
      Make Moneyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Androcles, which may or may not have been a fictional story of a slave in the Roman Empire in the early 1st century BC who was supposed to have hid in a wounded lion's cave from the Romans.  Turns out Androcles fixed the lion's paw and they became friends.  Androcles returns and is captured by the Romans who attempt to feed him to the lions.  The biggest lion turns out to be the lion that got his paw fixed so Androcles survives and is set free with his lion friend.

So what is the relevancy?  It was supposed to have happened just before the Christian period.  But some early Christians were also fed to the lions by the Romans so maybe that is what the relevancy is?  What is the significance to a religious debate?  Did you just throw that fact in there in the middle of your rant about mdawson17?  On the other hand if you were saying "I believe that on certain ocassions, the Romans got it right with whom they fed to the Lions" to mean the Romans got it right when they fed the Christians to the lions, then I would have to say that was a pretty disgusting thing to say.

4. Prince Moses profile image60
    Prince Mosesposted 7 years ago

As long as they follow the Law of G-d then there is nothing wrong.

5. Make  Money profile image74
    Make Moneyposted 7 years ago

Personally I like the daily trumpet calls and I don't feel he is stroking his ego.  Carry on mdawson17. wink

working