Anyone Got Any Good Ghost Stories?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (21 posts)
  1. fairday profile image66
    fairdayposted 14 years ago

I know that not everybody even thinks that ghosts exist so I just want responses from those people who have some true ghost stories experienced by them, their friends or family members to respond. 

I will tell the latest weird thing that happened to me:

I live in a rural area and without much wind cover, my drafty house can get cold in the winter (will patch it up this year).  So I had an area closed off with plastic sheeting. 

One day this winter, I was doing an exercise routine and happened to be staring at the sheeting in a particular area when "whomp", the area got hit with some invisible force.  It was as though something went flying by me and didn't see the clear plastic sheeting so it hit it.  The impact left a pushed in area on the plastic sheeting that was circular with a two foot diameter.  It was bizarre to see and I was just lucky to see the impact.  That was it for that episode. 

Other than that, there is a graveyard about 300 yards behind my house and in this house, previous tenants and then myself had heard footsteps in the hallway every night.  Other previous tenants were too frightened to go into the yard at night and one tenant used to get regularly tucked into bed by having something/one pull her covers over her shoulders, which she  did not do because she didn't like blankets on her shoulders.  There was a man that had died in this house and I am sure I seen him in ghost form years later when I could see his ghostly image standing on a short ladder working on the ceiling.  He died while working on the house.

Anyone else have any creepy true stories?

2. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

You might wanna check my hubs on Nigerian Urban Legends.

3. Mrvoodoo profile image58
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

I've been debating this all day with some folks over at dogforum.com as I wanted some responses from dog owners about this.

Can dogs see ghosts?
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Can-Dogs-See-Ghosts

I'm interested to hear if anybody at HP has witnessed any unusual behavior from their dogs, that they couldn't quite explain.

4. profile image0
    dennisemattposted 14 years ago

OK!!! so, I have stories!!! sorry Mr Voodoo...cant use your link will try later..but I think Dogs, and Cats, can see stuff...Fiery...will go read your hub...I have read sooooooo many stories as a kid about South Africa and demons... so
    what about babies/little children?
    One day, my youngest daughter(who has quite a temper) was about 6, and was in her room upstairs and started screaming violently.
    I ran up, thinking she was in pain, to find her huddled in the corner weeping. I said "whats wrong?"
    she said.."that girl wouldnt let me go past."
    I said..of course..   "WHAT GIRL!!!????!!!"

"that girl!!!she looks  just like you, only a little girl, and she wont let me go by!!!"

YIKES

every full moon, my house is full of footsteps, and NOBODY IS OUT OF BED!!!!!!!!

1. Mrvoodoo profile image58
      Mrvoodooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'd be gone, lol, that sounds like something out of 'The Ring', shame you can't watch vids because I found one the other day that sounds a lot like that, it's almost definitely fake, but pretty cool anyway.

You're right though, I think children as well as animals are more tuned in to this sort of thing. smile

1. profile image0
        dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

TOATLLY. Oh my gosh, I saw the ring, right at the end, when they look at you...no joke..MY PHONE RANG!!!!!!!! I threw it at my husband and started crying. I am all done with those movies!!!I think animals just have differetn eyesight/sense. Kids still dont knwo real from unreal, so they dont have blinders on. We all could see it, just choose not too.

That pretty much sums up how I feel about it too, but although I'm dead curious about all this, I think I'm quite happy not seeing anything! (I'm a coward like that.) wink

1. profile image0

"dead curious"? thats the best thing Ive heard all day!!! I know, through and through, my house is haunted. I try to pretend I dont see anything, cuz I dont want them to know....I know, I will pro'lly get in trouble with god people here, but, I tried praying dude, it doesnt work....my husband saw his gaurdian angel once. And if you only knew him. If he says he saw it, hes not kidding, and he didnt imaigne it... this crap is real, believe it or not!!

lol, excuse the pun, smile  didn't I tell you it was late here, I've just turned off the lights and got into bed, don't go giving me the heebee-geebee's, or I'll have to sleep with the light on.  Makes me wonder what a guardian angel looks like, do they have wings?

You must have got pretty scared if you tried praying, I have too, that's what sparked off my interest in this whole paranormal thing a few years back, I don't know if you've heard of 'sleep paralysis', but fuck me that's some scary shit (at first anyway), I hadn't prayed in forever but the first time I had that I prayed my ass off, lol

1. profile image0

oh,. so you mean 3 am? I will not tell you all my stories about sleep ...uhh..not moving..I cant spell....yes, I have heard of it.(i wasnt joking aobut the tarot cards...) I will tell you my husband's angel was a strong, strong man. Yes, wings, not in a sissy way. just like, teeth on a dog. part of the creature. my husband says, he was at this house, he woke up, and looked in the doorway of the bedroom, and there was a huge man, kneeled down kinda like the thinker with his fist under his chin. Staring right at him. not moving and kinda surrounded by a glow. Somehow, he knew, wihtout a doubt, he was safe. he went to back sleep and that weas that.

Right, you've done it now, (actually I think I started this, but I'm blaming you anyway smile) I'm sleeping with the lights on, (you can call me a coward, I don't care tongue).

That Angel story is crazy, something like that must really affect you in ways I couldn't imagine, at least with the sleep paralysis I can tell myself it was all just a weird dream.  Yeah I remember your Tarot story, terrifying, lol.  I don't wanna hear anymore of your stories tonight though, but next time your bored online and it's a little earlier (it 4am now) I'll get you to spill some more for me.  Night. big_smile

5. Ivorwen profile image66
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

I've too many stories, to even begin listing them...

Grew up in a house that had footsteps in the hall.  Didn't ever think anything of it when I was growing up, because my dad said it was just the house creaking in the wind. 

Last night, I felt something press down on the bed near my feet.  I thought it was a child joining us, so tried not to wake up too much.  Then the covers lifted off of my feet and the coldest wind blew across them.  I was wide awake by then!  I could still feel something 'sitting' on the bed, when the covers dropped. 

I commamnded it to leave in the name of Jesus Christ, and felt it leave.

Sounds a lot like my first odd experience, only I couldn't move, very weird.

1. Ivorwen profile image66
        Ivorwenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

When I told my sister about it, she mentioned sleep paralysis, like you refered to earlier.

Yeah definitely sounds very similar, I've written a hub about it, and so have a few other Hubbers I've come across, but could you move?  If you could move freely then it wasn't it, but if you felt like you were being pinned down, more than likely it was, there's a scientific explanation for it, but I don't 100% buy it.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Sleep-Paralysis … -You-Sleep

*It's also known as 'old hag' syndrome.

Anyways gotta crash now, thanks for sharing your story, take good care. smile

I could move, at least I think I could.  I don't remember trying.  I was scared to move tho.  I will check out your story...

BTW  definitely thing dogs can sense spirits.  I rely on my dog to let me know about things, before they get to my house.

6. SparklingJewel profile image66
    SparklingJewelposted 14 years ago

It can take a while for your faith to bring about a stronger protective action...as far as praying goes to stop the ghosts from appearing.
    Gradual change is more the way of the "Universal Order". Keep praying/asking for Archangel Michael, or any angel you are most familiar with, to take the ghosts away.
    The whole reason things happen is for us to learn something...contemplate what it is you are learning...being without fear and strengthening faith, is always a part of every lesson.

7. Make  Money profile image65
    Make Moneyposted 14 years ago

Here's a couple of angel prayers for you.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Angel-prayers

I'd burn those tarot cards if I were you. smile

8. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

This is not good so close to bedtime,
    but I cant resist.

We were camping years ago,in a beautiful forest. We decided to camp further up the valley as it wasnt as crowded as the designated area.

We set up two tents ,my sons 5 & 9 had this little puptent ,so after dinner and a walk to check out the area we all settled down for the night...hotdogs, happy moods ,soon everyone was fast asleep.

I stirred in my sleep to find hubby checkin the tent as the wind had come up,and he heard the front part flapping around I automatically felt concern for the boys ,even though they were so close I drifted off listening to the sound of their breathing. As I woke a little more I could hear our youngest ,talking to someone...assuming it was hubby I didnt pay much attention.Hubby was no where near their tent, he had thought it was me!

But to this day ,we dont know who he was talking too!! he always said the same thing , just grandad ,he say go back to sleep ,its just the wind.

His grandad passed before any of my children were born!!!!they had never met each other !

He wasn't talking in his sleep?

A friend tells of a time her son was rescued from a dog attack by his grandfather who had died before he was born...

9. fairday profile image66
    fairdayposted 14 years ago

hey, mrvoodoo, i certainly believe that dogs can see ghosts.  in fact, i think that the best dogs are the ones that will let you know when a ghost is around.  if a dog will not bark or seems to cower from a ghost's presence, i do not consider it a very good dog.  some dogs are chicken of the paranormal and are therefore not the best guard dog.  keeping away intruders of all sorts is what i want my dogs for, living in the country as i do.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)