jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

What's The Craziest Thing To Ever Happen In Your Church Or Place Of Worship?

1. fierycj profile image86
    fierycjposted 7 years ago

Check this mad stuff that happens sometimes in my Church. There's this old vet fella - highly respected and all in the Church. And whenever there's like a combined service in the parish, this guy likes to play the piano everytime. And its crazy really, cos this dude cant play squawt. But cos his so well respected and everything, no one says a word to him. Everytime a hymn starts or some song the guy almost pushes the Church pianist aside, and completely takes over the keyboard. And Gawd, you've gotta see it to believe. Its horrifying just listening to the guy make a mess of the notes. But I get a kick out of it though. You gotta watch the rest of us congregation as we're struggling to meet his crazy notes. Even the Pastor doesn't say a word. He just sits there watching. No one tells him, hey, man step aside please. NOBODY. That's some madman stuff. No kidding.

2. Inspirepub profile image89
    Inspirepubposted 7 years ago

Sounds like he's playing in tongues.

fierycjposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You do say the craziest things, Jenny. Lol.

3. Christa Dovel profile image89
    Christa Dovelposted 7 years ago

A pastor loaned a key to a bum, so he could use the churches shower and kitchen.  The bum made a copy of the key, and soon there was evidence of people having had used the place on a regular basis... but nobody knew who.

Then one evening, the youth group showed up to fin a bum camping out in one of the rooms.  Locks where changed after that.

That is hilarious.

4. 60
    Blackngoldbananaposted 7 years ago

I used to be a church secretary.  The roof caved in.  I kid you not.  We had bats in our belfry and the weight of their dung made the plaster give out.

Other than that, a few old ladies passed out now and then and the ambulance had to come.

Unbelievable. Looks like a scene from one of them madman comedy flicks.

5. 2patricias profile image60
    2patriciasposted 7 years ago

We used to have a minister who gave really long sermons.  One Sunday a lady 2 rows in front of me and asked the lady behind her (in front of me) if she had purchsed tickets for the summer garden party yet.  When the reply was 'no', lady in the front pew produced a book of tickets from her handbag and sold her some tickets - even giving change.   The minister carried on with his sermon as though nothing was happening.

that's funny stuff. Maybe the minister wanted tickets too. You never know. Lol.

6. bennyjet profile image61
    bennyjetposted 7 years ago

lol kicking the Bum out and changing the lock...hhmmm not very christian like!!! hipocrites