Atheism Debate

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (52 posts)
  1. marinealways24 profile image58
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

I would like to open the thread to all of those who do not believe in God or a creator. I debated my religious idea of God of a God that would use logic. http://hubpages.com/hub/GOD-LOGIC I would like to have a logical debate of ideas. I will not relay bible versus as I am not religious. If you do not believe in a creator, what is your reason for thinking we are just coincidence or chance?

1. Lady_E profile image63
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would just like to know the pros and cons of being an Atheist.

marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lady E, Thank You for posting. I would also like to know.

2. darkside profile image62
    darksideposted 14 years ago

First up, there's a sub-forum for this sort of thing, because The Hubber's Hangout is supposed to be a fun place to chill.

Secondly, in the left hand side of the screen when you post a comment or a thread in this forum it says "Do not start threads for the sole purpose of promotion or posting links."

Angry atheist! lol Thanks for posting. This is not to "promote" anything. I simply posted to give an example of my logic. If someone doesn't want to read, they do not have to click as they do not have to enter a thread for something they do not want to debate.

1. tksensei profile image59
        tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

roll

lol

darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You've missed the point haven't you?

1) You assume I'm an atheist.

2) There is a sub-forum for this sort of thing.

3) You've linked to your hub. That is self promotion.

Were you forced to click? Was my title not clear? Did I not explain why I posted the link? Is anyone forced to click on the link? I was just kidding on the atheist comment hence the lol I appologize if you have been personally attacked or offended.

3. Inspirepub profile image73
    Inspirepubposted 14 years ago

Not only is there a Religion forum, it is currently home to a very active thread on this topic.

The Religion forum was created to keep threads like this out of the main forums.

Maddie (the official Hubpages moderator) may even move it for you.

Jenny

Why would I post a atheism debate in a religion forum when the religious do not believe in atheism? Is that logical? I do not want religious posting bible scriptures. This is why I didn't post in the religious forum. Thank You

4. darkside profile image62

Is the "Do not start threads for the sole purpose of promotion or posting links" not clear enough for you?

Am I writing in tongue? Is your sole purpose to be a hubpages tyrant? Is this all you have to do?

2. marinealways24 profile image58

As I have assumed you atheist, you have assumed me religious. So you want to use your unvaluable time to concentrate on accusing me of promotion since you have nothing of meaning or thought to add. Thank You

1. darkside profile image62

Does me pointing out the forum rules presume you're religious?

Are you trying to tell me that starting a thread to post a link to promote your lens is not in fact starting a thread to post a link to promote your lens?

I'm quite sure you assume i'm religious. I do not need you to write it to assume it now do I? Did I not explain why I posted the link? I wanted to save time and questions to future posts to speed along the debate.

This is an honest explanation as I have only earned about $3.00 off of around 75 hubs. I don't think my promotions are working out very well. This is hardly a promotion. How much money does a hub on religion or God make? Not very much.

That would also make you quite wrong.

My response, which seems to disgust you, is about starting threads for the sole purpose of promoting your hub. Not about a religious stance.

You do say in your first post "I am not religious".

To cling to the misguided belief about an assumption of you being religious is a failed attempt at trying to divert attention from the forum rules.

5. Inspirepub profile image73

Darkside,

There are no witchetty grubs under that bark, buddy - the top paddock is not entirely kangaroo-proofed.

Jenny

I think the avatar is the results of a brain scan.

6. marinealways24 profile image58

It is nice to see one has followers. I see this will be a tough debate if anyone adds thought.

7. Inspirepub profile image73

No grubs under that bark, Darkside ...

EDIT: we cross-posted ...

8. marinealways24 profile image58

It's pretty entertaining to me watching the simple minds focus on the simple.

9. darkside profile image62

Oh look, an online temper tantrum.

I don't debate from emotions. I write from thought.

10. marinealways24 profile image58

I found it pretty amusing how I could use the quotes to make my point. lol

The point you made was that you were having an online temper tantrum.

11. gamergirl profile image84
    gamergirlposted 14 years ago

marinealways24,

You have an empty point.

Let me make this easy for you -

Join the discussion in the Religion forum, which is a forum for discussing all matters of religion, belief or not, and if you looked at some of the topics and the posters there you would know that the atheists on Hubpages are very active there.

Now stop being a jerk and go to the Religion forum, and don't create a thread just to post your Hub link.

12. marinealways24 profile image58
  13. gamergirl profile image84

I hope I don't act like this at all when I'm 30.

14. marinealways24 profile image58

If anyone has anything to add in the main topic of the thread, please add.

15. gamergirl profile image84

A little difficult when you're spamming re-quotes.

I feel as I have done nothing offensive. I have answered all the questions that have been posed. I clearly explained why I posted in this forum instead of the religious forum and I clearly explained why I posted the link. The link is not going to make any money. I posted it to save time. My simple point is to understand the perspective of an atheist.

16. Inspirepub profile image73

gamergirl,

The message has been delivered clearly and politely, three times. It is an unwelcome message. The capacity to not receive the message is guaranteed to exceed the combined energy and patience of everyone who may try to deliver it.

At this point I would suggest refraining from adding fuel, and waiting for Maddie to get to this thread in her own good time.

Jenny

Are you God? Is your message the only choice? Who are you?

17. gamergirl profile image84

*shakes the etch-a-sketch*

You're right, Jenny.

18. marinealways24 profile image58

Wow, Simply amazing. Did I not explain things clearly? Am I writing in tongue?

19. profile image0
    SirDentposted 14 years ago

Please take your debate to the religion forum. You will get lots of replies there that you are looking for. Please refrain from linking to your hub also, it is a no no here. This is merely friendly advice no different that what others have told you from the start.

I reported the OP to the Hubpages team.

Are all of you truly this childish? Are all of you the hubpages lynch squad?

20. marinealways24 profile image58

It is truly amazing to me how so many people will click on a thread just to tell another they posted on the wrong thread.

I clearly explained why I did not post in the religious forum.

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It doesn't matter. Would you put fish and ice cream in the same container at the same time? There is a place for everything and everything has it's place. You will not get a reply to your liking here in this forum. This is the last time I will reply to you.

If you are religious, why did you click on an atheism thread?

21. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

Not another one of these. roll

22. Inspirepub profile image73

Relax, kmackey32, the point has been made.

There is no benefit in more people trying to make the same point.

It won't help, and it may well make the situation worse.

Let Maddie deal with it. That's why she's paid the big bucks ... smile

Jenny

lol you are quite amusing in your thirst for hubpages power.

Deal with what? What are you offended by? Did I not explain myself?

23. Zsuzsy Bee profile image86
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years ago

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/mybusiness/Smilies/notlistening.gif After this

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/3497/beatdeadhorsen.gif and this

http://www.freewebby.com/angry-smilies/banghead.gif The wall finally connected

http://www.freewebby.com/action-smilies/cheerleader.gifhttp://www.freewebby.com/action-smilies/cheerleader.gifhttp://www.freewebby.com/action-smilies/cheerleader.gifhttp://www.freewebby.com/action-smilies/cheerleader.gif

yeah

24. Inspirepub profile image73

Yes, Zsuzsy Bee, there is now a thread on this topic in the Religion forum.

How about we all stop posting here in the Hangout and go make contributions to the thread in its new home?

Jenny

1. Zsuzsy Bee profile image86
      Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jenny! That debate is not for me. I just popped in at the start of this thread to point out that it should be moved to the religion forums...then I got hooked on seeing denseness in action which in turn reminded me of Darksides horse. The rest now is as they say history.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)