jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (16 posts)

Your 1 Virtue

1. shakeelz profile image59
    shakeelzposted 7 years ago

Write about ur 1 virtual deed so that others got inspired and start to do good deeds

2. janni321 profile image61
    janni321posted 7 years ago

I often give money to the needy ones

3. 0
    dennisemattposted 7 years ago

ummm, I am raising my kids to be respectful, honor others, and be loyal and truthfull...does that count?
    speaking of kids...I have to go now, they want me to go see a play they are putting on...

4. goodfriendiam profile image60
    goodfriendiamposted 7 years ago

to trust their own judgment when it pertains to life in general or otherwise and to not believe everything they hear.

5. Davinagirl3 profile image61
    Davinagirl3posted 7 years ago

I taught a woman to read.  She was 36 years old and she confided in me that she couldn't read, so I taught her.  It was very rewarding.  The experience with her inspired me to start teaching adult education classes.  I got into HIV/STD education, but it was that experience that inspired me to teach adults.

1. 0
      dennisemattposted 7 years ago in reply to this

thats really neat. It must be hard to teach adults, without them getting emberassed. I used to clean houses for elderly people, and sometimes I had to help them with stuff, like....flushing the toilet. cuz thier hands woudlnt do it, arthritis and such, and its hard to do these things that a person knows they should be able to do, without them loosing their sense of dignity.

1. Davinagirl3 profile image61
        Davinagirl3posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I taught her one on one.  She didn't want to disclose this information with many people, but I taught my STD classes for a non-profit organization in my town.  It is rewarding teaching anyone, I just have a knack with grown-ups.

6. Ambition profile image74
    Ambitionposted 7 years ago

i have somewhat helped a psycho recovering from a very embarrassing state; that embarrassing that he could also commit suicide or do bad to his body.

7. LeM22 profile image78
    LeM22posted 7 years ago

I teach because I love it, and love the kids, but I'm "poor."

8. Lady_E profile image82
    Lady_Eposted 7 years ago

I modestly say Helping different people. I also do a lot for my students outside the classroom.  I've taken a student to the housing office and spoken to the Housing Officer cos she had probs - she was given accommodation. I've taken a student to the job centre, who was interviewed briefly over the phone and got the job. I would pick up a heavily pregnant student up in my car on my way to work.... the list is endless - but its a Joy. smile

9. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

I'm not sure anything I've ever done/been has inspired anyone else to do/be the same; but I do know that being a kind person has resulted in having children who grew up to be kind people.  That may have to do as far as my "inspiring" anyone else goes.  The world has three more kind people in it now - so that's better than nothing (as far as "inspiring" goes), I guess.  smile

10. Make  Money profile image70
    Make Moneyposted 7 years ago

I sponsor a foster child from India.  But I think I'm getting as much out of it as he is.  It's cool reading his letters.  He likes school and to play cricket.  It must be rewarding to be a parent.

1. earnestshub profile image87
      earnestshubposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It is, but it is rewarding to help out other kids too.
      I respect your love for the child. It is the stuff that makes us look at the world and see what we can do for kids, then do it that really matters.
      I have sponsored an eighteen year old student who lived with us, then twenty years later took on a little boy from China. Fortunately my family was very inclusive and both boys have gone on to do big things. I think my selfishness helped me a lot. I do love people to love me!

11. fierycj profile image84
    fierycjposted 7 years ago

Woooow...hubpages sure has a lot of good people.

12. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I will give one the benefit of the doubt even if warned they are bad news tongue big_smile

13. 0
    isis_dreams2002posted 7 years ago

i have done a lot of community work volentary and just try to help people when i can