jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (25 posts)

Evangelist Blames Vatican for his Child Sex Conviction

1. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 7 years ago

Ok, I know this topic is notorious for endless pointless arguments, but for those of you who claim not to understand why some people want nothing to do with religion anymore, here's a good example:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32125909/ns … nd_courts/

Why is it that so many of these guys feel entitled to sex with 8 year olds?

It doesn't exactly win converts.

1. fierycj profile image85
      fierycjposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm puking my guts out.

2. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 7 years ago

What's nuts is apparently this guy had a whole camp of converts. I mean, he found enough people in the US who thought he seemed pretty cool, and he sold some kind of celebrity designer clothing too, so all these movie stars are walking around in his jackets and so on.

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Color me "not surprised"

Make Money will be along any time soon to point out that the communists were child abusers too - so that makes it OK. wink

1. fierycj profile image85

Why do you think Make Money would say a thing like that?

lol

OK - An evangelist this time. lol

2. profile image0
        pgrundyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It so often comes as a package though, you know?

Judgmental abusive dogma + child sex abuse = The One True Way.

That's why I left the Catholic Church. Screw your kids. Screw UP your kids. But keep going to Church and you'll be rewarded in heaven anyway.

That's just not cool.

3. Make  Money profile image73
    Make Moneyposted 7 years ago

I wonder why Bernie LaZar Hoffman aka Tony Alamo blames the Vatican for his child sex conviction.  He wasn't even a Catholic.  He was born to Jewish-Romanian parents.

1. profile image0

I thought everybody blamed the Vatican for everything.

I mean, it's always the Vatican or the Jews, so since he's of Jewish descent I guess that explains it. (If anything ever really does.) smile

1. Misha profile image77
        Mishaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

When it's not Vatican or Jews, then it's Wall Street Pam. Ahh, Wall Street is full of jews anyway, so I guess you are spot on lol

1. profile image0

See I'm not as stupid as you always seem to assume. I can get to the root of things once in awhile. smile

The sun shines even on a dog's ass now and then.

1. Misha profile image77

LOL I never thought you are stupid, seriously. smile

2. fierycj profile image85

gawd!

2. profile image61
      Mary O'Donnellposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Isn't amazing how everyone blames the Church for everything? I've been a Catholic for half a century now, longer, really, and in all that time only one priest was in my parish who was known to be a pervert. And I mean "known." Everybody stayed away from him, everybody knew what he was. Who are these "innocent" 14-year-olds who were so dumb? As for all the rest of the priests, they were good, holy men who took their jobs and I wouldn't have missed knowing them for the world. That's not to say I'm not disgusted, learning about these other creeps, but don't blame those guys for making you a pervert. Especially if you aren't even Catholic.

4. Make  Money profile image73
    Make Moneyposted 7 years ago

No nothing explains it.  No matter who does it.

5. Lisa HW profile image81
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

This moron (whatever his name is) pretty much sums up how and why this crap happens - he's a "prophet" (!!!!)  There you have it.  Who can question a "prophet" on anything he does or says....

I guess if you're a freak who is drawn to children, control, and getting money any way you can get it - it's nicer to call yourself a "prophet" than a "twisted, moron, perv".  Oh well, he can go preach in prison now.

6. Sanctus Vesania profile image59
    Sanctus Vesaniaposted 7 years ago

Wow.  I just love how he claimed that he went to jail for the gospel.  Pretty sure that Jesus never told anyone to screw children.

7. Valerie F profile image60
    Valerie Fposted 7 years ago

There are actually three things that bother me:

1. The actual crimes.

2. That someone would misuse religion as an excuse for his or her crimes and for copping a martyr complex when he or she receives due punishment.

3. That other people would use such crimes as an excuse to turn their backs on religion. You will not find any religion or philosophy that doesn't have among its professed adherents people who violate its teachings, sometimes on a colossal scale. If you're religious, you really love God, and you see that your religion's teachings are in and of themselves good, because some other screw-up violated those teachings is no reason to turn your own back on them.

1. Misha profile image77

Oh, not on every religion, just on your particular brand of it. smile For example, the only true religion - pastafarianism - gets more and more followers every day. smile

1. profile image61
        Mary O'Donnellposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Who's bragging about his brand of religion now?

And what's Pastafarianism? Can't be growing that fast if well-educated religious people don't know about it.

And no, these guys have no right blaming other people for their nastiness.

Pastafarianism is worship of the one true god.

Well educated religious folk tend to have already chosen their horse for the race. FSM is the one true god - once you open your mind - if you are chosen - He will touch you with His Noodly Appendage in a non sexual way (unless you prefer the sexual way) and reveal Himself.

But only to the Worthy. wink

Christians are necessarily closed-minded enough to prevent this from happening usually. Their loss - no stripper factory and beer volcano for them. sad It is sad really, but what can you do?

8. jenny88 profile image60
    jenny88posted 7 years ago

there are all kinds of people from all walks the do these horrible things
    but when religion involved almost seems worse - if that is possible!!!!

I hate these things and know what I would if i where in charge!!!! or the parents

jenz

9. fishmox profile image60
    fishmoxposted 7 years ago

Why do people get swindled by hustlers ?
    Because they are greedy, that's why.
    The hustlers operate on the assumption that everybody wants to make money, no less than a hustler told me this.

Why do parent's kids get raped by priests, pastors, and Sunday School teachers ?

Because these perverts hide behind the titles themselves, and the parents are stupid enough to think they can trust "holy men".

Hell, no.

They are fallen creatures just like everybody else, and subject to temptations and desires just like everybody else.

I don't care if ten thousand angels visited me to testify that Father soso or Pastor thisthat is a God-called man, I am NOT going to allow my kids with them alone.  Heck, you shouldn't even allow your kid alone with your parents.

10. Davinagirl3 profile image62
    Davinagirl3posted 7 years ago

This guy is a pervert, plain and simple.  Why is it so hard for anyone to take responsibility for their wrongdoings, anymore?

11. Valerie F profile image60
    Valerie Fposted 7 years ago

By that logic, you shouldn't even be alone with your own kids. Children are more likely to be abused by their own parents than by anyone else.

Generally, the problem is not with religion, any more than it is with parenthood, education, athletics, scouting, et ceters. People with an incination to hurt children usually gravitate toward vocations that put them in regular contact with children. Does that mean there's anything wrong with someone who wants to be a parent, priest, teacher, coach, or scout leader, and that we should treat them all like perverts?

working