jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Is God Truly A Merciful Father?

1. fierycj profile image85
    fierycjposted 7 years ago

Is He? I mean the religious ones, especially Christians go on and on about how kind He is, and how loving He is, and how benevolent, God is Love and all that. Then the atheists on the other hand believe its all a bunch of bull, and their argument is that being that the world and the entire creation is entirely a screw up - we've got AIDS, Wars, kids dying, diseases, religious killings, etc In short, how could a loving, benevolent God and Creator of all sit and watch while all things go to hell. What's so loving about Him? Then the Christians shoot back and say - His ways are higher than our ways. His thoughts are too high and celestial for us to try and fathom out with our puny human reasoning - In short, that there's a higher purpose to everything.
    Most of the entire scriptures support this view. In fact, the scriptures are quite sympathetic to those who question the lovingkindness of the Creator. However, the issue of debate is - does the existence of evil and turmoil in the world eliminate the loving quality of God. Or is there a love plan behind His Most-high scheme of things. Or should we as the ancient prophets shut up and accept His will - being that we are mere clay in the hands of the Potter, as the prophet Jeremiah declares. Afterall, by His grace we are not consumed? Here's what I do, I let God be God, cos I see evil, I see woes, and I can rant against Him, I can hate him, I can curse and blaspheme His Name, but none of these things will take away from the metaphysical truth that is, and was, and will be - that God Is.

1. mohitmisra profile image59
      mohitmisraposted 7 years ago in reply to this

His ways are beyond the understanding of the human and yes its all a game of love, in fact a big joke referred to as the cosmic joke- the laughing Buddha-All is you. smile.
      Love and fear god both are true as there is a so called dark side to him .

2. HubChief profile image68
    HubChiefposted 7 years ago

To me God is an idea created by us so that we can get a shoulder to look towards. People may or may not have evidenced god. no offense to any religion.

I feel categorizing GOD on loving or hatered side is our defnition of human beings. My idea of GOD is that he/she is one power that keeps thls world's unknown secrets and is revealing them one by one through science, art, magic or whatever you call it.

I think GOD's created the points for us to follow and find him. Those who did are known as saints and those who never did are humans.

purely my ideology that got matured over past few decades while getting exposed to number of religons and belief.

fierycjposted 7 years ago in reply to this

But dont you see - these are your own personal thoughts. Everyone has his own personal thoughts. If there's a God - none of that changes what is. Get it?

3. HubChief profile image68

I think I said that I belive that it is an ideology that our forefathers created for us so that we get to the unknown secrets.

So is your point that he is not or he is. Sorry I am little slow in solving word indirect sentences.

I'm saying you've your thoughts. I've got mine. Everybody's got theirs. In the end what matters? God is.

4. HubChief profile image68

so who can answer that. I think what we believe is what our God is. that is why there are so many religons in the world. Isn't it. Coz we all believed in something that was introduced to us as GOD. Whether it is any form of scripture. There is only a portion of followers in the world for those scriptures.

So calling him merciful yes for those who are saved from big humanly panful tragedies, as they belive he did

and for those whose loved ones dies in any kind human created disaster, god is not merciful, he is cruel.

I am myself confused what to believe and what not. So I started picking the good quotes in all these scripts to make one for my ownself. Something that I call humanity, doing deeds that would help others and minimizing those that would harm.

If there's a God, He is bigger than us. All of us - in our puny attempts at understand life, creation,etc we can make up a gazillion idealogies . It wont change Him. Wont move Him. He is.

5. HubChief profile image68

can't agree with that more.

"if" is what we have in our mind. and therefore that "if" derives a lot of good deeds. Picking good deeds from all religons and following them religiously is what going to keep me happy.

On any judgment day, (if there is one), I am going to be questioned about my deeds (karma). All I just want to know which God is going to trial me and what he is really thinking when I am in front of him (if he thinks I am worth trial). Everything else is detail.

these are just thoughts as a human being not to deny or admit his existance, but using the power of thought that I have, I can make my choices.

Not making fun but it is a real serious thought for me entire this life. I am just one of zillions of his creation, if I am really, and "if" he is there, he is definitely much above all of this. and you rightly said no one can move him.