Quotes by Rabbis

Jump to Last Post 1-40 of 40 discussions (97 posts)
  1. Make  Money profile image67
    Make Moneyposted 14 years ago

In light that this thread was closed ...
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/19434

I think it is important to note that each day the True Torah Jews post a different quote by a Rabbi on the front page of their web site.

Today's quote is by Rabbi Elchonon Wasserman who has said this,

And on the Rabbi Elchonon Wasserman page of the same web site it says this.

2. ElElyone profile image60
    ElElyoneposted 14 years ago

I am glad the last post on that thread was this. wink

NOBODY can "get rid" of   ישראל
    Plenty have tried and concluded that what God has said is true.
    He is the defense of    ישראל

3. ElElyone profile image60
    ElElyoneposted 14 years ago

I love this one.

I am the Way, the Truth and the Life and no man comes to The Father but by Me.

Rabbi Yahshua Ha'Mashiach

Make Moneyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah I love that one too ElElyone. smile

I didn't post this as an attack against Jews.  It's more like defending them.  Myself and a lot of Christians know that true Torah Jews will be grafted back in.

2. Make  Money profile image67

I don't disagree with anything that you said above video lost.  But just like the true Torah Jews, you also are going to have to recognize what ElElyone said here for your own salvation.

Rabbi Jesus Christ the Messiah.

Today the True Torah Jews are quoting Rabbi Yissachar Dov Rokeach of Belz on the front page of their web site.  Here is the page for Rabbi Yissachar Dov Rokeach of Belz in case you read this tomorrow.

Peace be upon you.
      Mike

1. video lost profile image59
        video lostposted 14 years agoin reply to this

John 14:6 I am the way, the truth, and the life. no man cometh unto the father but by me.

Agreed,

Because every messenger is the way, the truth and the life in his time. The life of all the Prophets are detailed explainations of each and every verse of their testaments. Without watching, observing and following their way of life we can not even think about obeying Allah perfectly.

If Muslims want to reach Allah (God) then it is obligatory to follow the actions, sayings and teachings of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). If Jews want to understand and obey Allah perfectly then it is compulsory for them to follow Prophet Moses (pbuh).

Now if you read the context of John 14:6 then you will come to realize the main theme of the verse which is that if Christians want to understand and follow the teachings of Allah then they must follow the complete actions, sayings and teachings of Prophet Jesus (pbuh). The verse does not mention that Jesus said: worship me

Also if some one is a true Christian then he / she can not deny that Jesus Christ (pbuh) instructed to follow Muhammad (pbuh) when he comes. Have a look at the following.

One of the most comprehensive and decisive verses in John. chapter sixteen to solve the enigma of the Successor to Christ. For Jesus (pbuh) did truly say:

I have yet Many Things to say unto you, but Ye Cannot Bear Them Now.John 16: 12

The rank hatred of the Jews which lead them to slander Jesus and his mother is bad, and the over infatuation of the Christians for Christ is also bad. Muhummed (pbuh) the Messenger of God condemned both these extremes, and elevated Jesus (pbuh) to his true status, as the Messiah, a great prophet and reformer. Love him, respect him, revere him, follow him; but do not worship him! For worship is due to God alone, the Father in heaven: ALLAH!'

1- Islam is the only non-Christian faith, which makes it an article of faith to believe in Jesus (pbuh). No Muslim is a Muslim if he does not believe in Jesus (pbuh).

2- We believe that he was one of the mightiest Messengers of Allah.

3- We believe that he was born miraculously, without any male intervention, which many modern day Christians do not believe.

4- We believe he was the Messiah translated Christ (pbuh).

5- We believe that he gave life to the dead with God’s permission.

6- We believe that he healed those born blind, and the lepers with God’s permission.

This is true glorification — for,
        "He shall glorify me!"John 16:14

Historically, morally and prophetically, Muhummed (pbuh) the last and Final Messenger of God, "The Spirit of Truth," is the only one to guide mankind into all truth. He is pre-eminently the Natural Successor to Christ.

Further if you read the Bibles there are several other verses prophecising about Prophet Muhammad.

1. Shaul Stein profile image60
          Shaul Steinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i am only repeating what He said here so no need to take this up with me.

Jesus called Himself God and people did worship Him and He did not tell them to stop.
          any one who knows what it means when He said "before Abraham was I AM" knows that this is the term for God. that is why they wanted to kill Him. They even said to Him "you being a man claim to be God" so they all knew He had said He is and He was.
          Only God can raise Himself from the dead.
          He said no man comes to they Father but through me.
          it also says He is the image of the invisible God.
          He said "if you have seen Me then you have seen the Father."
          He also was a Jew and did not come to start Christianity.

This verse which you mentioned is one of the others commonly used to support the divinity of Jesus (peace be upon him). The verse is 

John 8:58: “Jesus said unto them, ‘Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.’ ” 

This verse is taken to imply that Jesus (pbuh) existed prior to his appearance on earth. The conclusion drawn from it is that Jesus must be God, since his existence predates his birth on earth. However, the concept of the pre-existence of the prophets, and of man in general, exists in both the Old Testament, as well as in the Qur‘aan. Jeremiah described himself in The Book of Jeremiah 1:4-5 as follows:

“ 5Now the word of the Lord came to me saying, 5 ‘Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.’ ”

Prophet Solomon is reported in Proverbs 8:23-27, to have said, “23Ages ago I was set up at the first, before the beginning of the earth. 24When there were no depths I was brought forth, when there were no springs abounding with water, 25Before the mountains had been shaped, before the hills, I was brought forth; 26before he had made the earth with its fields, or the first of the dust of the world 27When he established the heavens, I was there.” 

According to Job 38:4 and 21, God addresses Prophet Job as follows:

“4Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding... 21You Know, for you were born then, and the number of your days is great!”

In the Qur‘aan, Chapter al-A‘raaf, (7):172, God informed that man existed in the spiritual form before the creation of the physical world.

“When your Lord gathered all of Aadam’s descendants [before creation] and made them bear witness for themselves, saying: ‘Am I not your Lord?’ They all replied: Yes indeed, we bear witness. [That was] so you could not say on the Day of Judgement: ‘We were unaware of this.’ ”

Consequently, Prophet Jesus Christ’s statement, “Before Abraham was, I am,” cannot be used as evidence of his divinity.  Within the context of John 8:54-58, Jesus is purported to have spoken about God’s knowledge of His prophets, which predates the creation of this world.

4. video lost profile image59
    video lostposted 14 years ago

It's a generally accepted rule that when ever Jews lived in a scattered form as some of them are living even today, they remain unharmfull for mankind but when ever they combined together they always became a threat to mankind. As today Israel is the combined form of deviated Jews looking forward to false Massiah - Antichrist - Dajjal so was the Khyber at the time of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).

All the Jews which were killed and butchered just like Muslims in Palestine are the innocent ones. The real culprits are Freemasons, Zionists, Skulls and Bones etc who back this slaughter game just as they backed up Hitler (Rothschild) against the innocent Jews of holocaust who were generally against Freemasonry, Kabbalah and Antichrist

5. Shaul Stein profile image60
    Shaul Steinposted 14 years ago

John 1

1 In the beginning the Word already existed.
          The Word was with God,
          and the Word was God.
    2 He existed in the beginning with God.
    3 God created everything through him,
          and nothing was created except through him.
    4 The Word gave life to everything that was created,
          and his life brought light to everyone.
    5 The light shines in the darkness,
          and the darkness can never extinguish it.

Pretty clear..."and the Word was God"

6. Shaul Stein profile image60

John 10:31-33 

[31] Again the Jews picked up stones to stone him, [32] but Jesus said to them, "I have shown you many great miracles from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?"   [33] "We are not stoning you for any of these," replied the Jews, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."

why do you ignore this when i said it before?
    why would they want to kill Him for just saying He existed before Abraham when He clearly used the word that describes Him as God?

7. Shaul Stein profile image60

John 17:5  And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

real hard to counter that statement.

8. darkside profile image64
    darksideposted 14 years ago

Roger Rabbit: P-p-please, Eddie! Don't throw me out. Don't you realize you're making a big mistake? I didn't kill anybody. I swear! The whole thing's a set up. A scam, a frame job. Ow! Eddie, I could never hurt anybody. Oow! My whole purpose in life is to make... people... laugh!

Bugs Bunny: What's up doc?

White Rabbit: I'm late / I'm late / For a very important date. / No time to say "Hello." / Goodbye. / I'm late, I'm late, I'm late.

Oh, you want quotes by Rabbi's.

9. Shaul Stein profile image60

Luke 22:66-70  [66] At daybreak the council of the elders of the people, both the chief priests and teachers of the law, met together, and Jesus was led before them. [67] "If you are the Christ, " they said, "tell us."  Jesus answered, "If I tell you, you will not believe me, [68] and if I asked you, you would not answer. [69] But from now on, the Son of Man will be seated at the right hand of the mighty God."  [70] They all asked, "Are you then the Son of God?"  He replied, "You are right in saying I am."

pretty clear again

10. Shaul Stein profile image60

John 17 [10] All I have is yours, and all you have is mine.

God said he shares His glory with nobody.
    so if He is sharing it with this One, He must be God as well.

11. Shaul Stein profile image60

Isaiah 9:6-7 [6] For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. [7] Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. ...

right there He is called MIGHTY GOD !!!

12. Shaul Stein profile image60

Did Jesus Say He Was God?

The gospel of John, which presents Jesus Christ in His deity, is sometimes called the "I AM" book. Over and over again in the book of John, Jesus said, "I AM." To the learned Jew this phrase "I AM" was very significant. It was a claim by Jesus that He is God. Why? In the Old Testament when God called Moses to lead the nation of Israel out of Egypt, He told Moses to tell the nation that "I AM" has sent you (Exodus 3:13-15). "I AM" is the covenant God of Israel, YHVH. Therefore, the great "I AM" is the designation for God to the nation of Israel and Jesus' statement "I AM" is a clear indication that He was saying, "I AM God."

13. Shaul Stein profile image60

Did Jesus say He was God? Jesus claimed equality with the God the Father. "Jesus said to them, 'My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I, too, am working.' For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God" (John 5:17-18).

no doubt there!!

14. Shaul Stein profile image60

John 13:13

You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’
    and you are right, because that’s what I am.

more of Him saying He in The Lord.

15. Shaul Stein profile image60

Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!" Jesus said to him, "Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed." (John 20:28-29)

there ya go, He did not rebuke Thomas either.

16. Shaul Stein profile image60

And they came into the house and saw the Child with Mary His mother; and they fell down and worshiped Him; and opening their treasures they presented to Him gifts of gold and frankincense and myrrh. (Matthew 2:11)
    # And those who were in the boat worshiped Him, saying, "You are certainly God's Son!" (Matthew 14:33)
    And behold, Jesus met them and greeted them. And they came up and took hold of His feet and worshiped Him. (Matthew 28:9)
    # While he was blessing them, he left them and was taken up into heaven. Then they worshiped him and returned to Jerusalem with great joy. (Luke 24:51-52)
    # And behold, a leper came to Him, and bowed down to Him, saying, "Lord, if You are willing, You can make me clean." (Matthew 8:2)
    # While He was saying these things to them, behold, there came a synagogue official, and bowed down before Him, saying, "My daughter has just died; but come and lay Your hand on her, and she will live." (Matthew 9:18)
    # And behold, a Canaanite woman came out from that region... But she came and began to bow down before Him, saying, "Lord, help me!" (Matthew 15:22, 25)
    # Then the mother of the sons of Zebedee came to Him with her sons, bowing down, and making a request of Him. (Matthew 20:20)
    # And he said, "Lord, I believe." And he worshiped Him. (John 9:38)

more people bowing down to Him and worshiping Him

enough said !!!!!

1. darkside profile image64
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Really?

You gonna stick to that or will you continue your copy+paste campaign?

i am talking to video lost if you read along from above.
        you quoting bugs bunny and the like really is none of my concern but i am not going to take you seriously young man.

1. Pearldiver profile image66
          Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps the two of you could use a telephone.. or given your low grade of public input.... try a free chat site.
          Why not just write a hub to get your spammy point across?

2. video lost profile image59

LOL ...

Discussion does not progress like that, you took my replies on to yourself. Don't take it personal, if you are in a +ve mode of discussing the verses then put forward one verse at a time and then we will discuss it.

You are throughing these verses of Bibles as bullets of stain gun which did'nt hurt me.

i listed many many...pick one yourself and answer it. more on page #1 as well
        You said not to worship Jesus and I replied with a mountain of answers.
        i gave you overwhelming proof.
        smile
        cannot be refuted.

you have given a couple long answers, so no big deal to me. smile

So i choose to discuss the verse related to I AM. I think you agree with the interpretation and details which i gave you about the issue of I AM. And if you do not, then i think you started believing that Jeremiah, Job and Soloman (peace be upon them all) were also before God and so they were divine and God along with Jesus (pbuh).

17. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Rabbi Eli Horowitz....(At a circumcism) "The First Cut is the Deepest!"  lol

18. Shaul Stein profile image60

i am having a talk with the man and if you would, please allow it to be as it is, i am not bothering him nor he me.

if you have some productive input, please do.
    thanks smile

19. Make  Money profile image67

Rabbis is not the plural of rabbit, although that was funny. big_smile

Video lost Jesus Christ is truly God, the Great I Am.  You will have to recognize that for your own salvation.

Today the True Torah Jews are quoting Rabbi Samson Raphael Hirsch on the front page of their web site.  Here is the page for Rabbi Samson Raphael Hirsch in case you read this tomorrow.

Rabbi Samson Raphael Hirsch is quoted as saying,

"During the reign of Hadrian when the uprising led by Bar Kochba proved a disastrous error, it became essential that the Jewish people be reminded for all times of an important, essential fact, namely that (the people of) Israel must never again attempt to restore its national independence by its own power; it was to entrust its future as a nation solely to Divine Providence."

"This close connection with states everywhere is not at all in contradiction to the spirit of Judaism, for the independent national life of Israel was never the essence or purpose of our existence as a nation but a means of fulfilling our spiritual mission."
    "Land and soil were never Israel's bond of union..."

"For this (Messianic -- author) future which is promised to us in the glorious predictions of the inspired prophets as a goal of the Galus (exile -- author), we hope and pray, but actively to accelerate its coming is prohibited to us."

I think you did'nt read my previous reply to the I AM issue. If you say that Jesus (pbuh) was before God then you also have to believe the same theory for Jeremiah, Job and Soloman(peace be upon them all). As mentioned in your Bibles these were also before God. The problem is you people take verses of Bibles out of context. Bible is the most habitually misunderstood book of the world by the so called modernized westerners.

The pre-existence of the prophets, and of man in general, exists in both the Old Testament, as well as in the Qur‘aan. Jeremiah described himself in The Book of Jeremiah 1:4-5 as follows:

“ 5Now the word of the Lord came to me saying, 5 ‘Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.’ ”

Prophet Solomon is reported in Proverbs 8:23-27, to have said, “23Ages ago I was set up at the first, before the beginning of the earth. 24When there were no depths I was brought forth, when there were no springs abounding with water, 25Before the mountains had been shaped, before the hills, I was brought forth; 26before he had made the earth with its fields, or the first of the dust of the world 27When he established the heavens, I was there.” 

According to Job 38:4 and 21, God addresses Prophet Job as follows:

“4Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding... 21You Know, for you were born then, and the number of your days is great!”

In the Qur‘aan, Chapter al-A‘raaf, (7):172, God informed that man existed in the spiritual form before the creation of the physical world.

Now regarding the Rabbi you menitoned, I agree to some extent with Rabbi Samson Raphael Hirsch for the following. He said "Land and soil were never Israel's bond of union...". He said Our Sages say G-d imposed three vows when he sent Israel into the wilderness: (1) that the children of Israel shall never seek to reestablish their nation by themselves; (2) that they never be disloyal to the nations which have given them shelter; (3) that these nations shall not oppress them excessively (Kesubos 111a)."

The above three vows which God imposed on Jews are now being seen as some of them the deviated ones are going agianst these vows, they are trying from centuries ago to get rid of these vows and for that they made use of Kabbalah. Any human being whether it be Rabbi, if indulges him or herself in Kabbalah and it's pagan doctrines and practices is not a true Jew at all.

Rabbi Samson Raphael Hirsch also said that "For this (Messianic -- author) future which is promised to us in the glorious predictions of the inspired prophets as a goal of the Galus (exile -- author), we hope and pray, but actively to accelerate its coming is prohibited to us."

The above mentioned prophecy which the Rabbi is expecting is already fullfilled in the form of the first comming of Jesus Christ (peace be upon him). The fact of the matter is when Jesus (pbuh) came as a prophet, most of the Jews rejected him as they were expecting a kind of prophet who will make them exalted, who will eradicate the misery and poverty among them, who shall fullfill their worldly desires and give them a governing power over the world specially upon Romans. Only 12 deciples followed Jesus Christ (pbuh). Imagine, only 12 of the whole nation of Jews accepted him as a prophet of God.

After the supposed death of Jesus (pbuh) which was made to appear so, the Jews became divided. They even created a new religion named Christianity for them with the help and support of Roman Emperors of that time. Paul is the founding father of Christianity who diverted people for the point of salvation from the commandments towards the acceptance of divinity of Jesus (pbuh). This diversion consists of no base line.

In Matthew 5:17-18, Jesus stated: “17 Think not that I have come to abolish the law and the [way of] the prophets; I have come not to abolish them but to fulfil them. 18For, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the law until all is accomplished.”

However, Paul, who claimed to be a disciple of Jesus, systematically cancelled the laws.  In his letter to the Romans, chapter 7:6, he stated, “But now we are discharged from the law, dead to that which held us captive, so that we serve not under the old written code but in the new life of the Spirit.”

". . . If any man shall add to these things (or delete) God shall add unto him the plagues written in this Book." (Revelation 22:18-19) But who cares! They do not really believe!

20. Make  Money profile image67

Meet the Holy Trinity video lost.

Matthew 3:16-17 "And Jesus being baptized, forthwith came out of the water: and lo, the heavens were opened to him: and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove, and coming upon him.  And behold a voice from heaven, saying: This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."

--------------------

Today the True Torah Jews Against Zionism are quoting Rabbi Yeoshea Dzikover on the front page of their web site.  Here is one of his quotes.

"In my opinion, the benediction in our prayers against the informers applies to the Zionists, who defame us by alleging that the Jewish People is treacherous, G-d forbid, to kingdoms, and is in revolt against governments. THERE ARE NO SLANDERERS AS DANGEROUS AS THE ZIONISTS. In the words of King Solomon: "Thorns and traps on a crooked path, he who would preserve his life will keep away from them." 

Here is the page for Rabbi Yeoshea Dzikover in case you read this tomorrow.

Make,

If you read the whole 3 in Matthew 3:1-17 you will come to know that John was initiating or baptizing a group of people and reached a point where he said that begining or baptizing your lives by the hands of Jesus (pbuh) is far superior as compared to me. So Jesus (pbuh) came and initated or baptized them with the spirit of God which he saw in the form of dove. Also a heavenly voice came calling him the son of God.

Now tell me where in the above scenario the concept of TRINITY came from. Calling Jesus (pbuh) son of God does not mean the begotten son of God. When a pope or priest while addressing a group of people uses terms like my child, my children or my son does not actually mean the begotten children or sons. It's a way of polite speach which was also used normally at the time of Prophet Jesus (pbuh).

I underlined the Trinity in the above verse.  God the Father was speaking of Jesus when He said "This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."

Jesus says this in John 10:14 "I am the good shepherd; and I know mine, and mine know me."

Video lost I like that you are reading the Bible.  You may want to pray to God (Allah if you like) before reading the Bible for discernment to understand it.  If you are just copying and pasting these verses from an attack manual then here's a good online Bible for you.  Share it with all your friends.

God bless
        Mike

--------------------

Today the True Torah Jews Against Zionism are quoting Rav Yitzchok Dov Koppelman on the front page of their web site, who has a very stinging report on former Israeli Prime Minister Begin and zionism in general.

Here is the page for Rav Yitzchok Dov Koppelman in case you read this tomorrow.

Dear,

I am not attacking rather dicussing and if you are not in a mood of getting the knowledge then it's your choice. Only by saying that you understand the TRINITY does not justify your argument. You have to show how you understand TRINITY in that verse then we will move on to the next verse. And for your kind information the word TRINITY which the popes and priests cry about is not there in the complete range of Bibles despite the fact they have undergone so many changes through out history.

In contrast, this word TRINITY can be found in Qur'an.

(SURA NISAA) Holy Qur’ân 4:171:  O People of the Book! Do not go to extremes in your religion: nor say of Allah anything but the truth. Verily, Christ1 Jesus the son of Mary was no more than a messenger of Allah, and His Word which he bestowed upon Mary, And a Spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and his messengers. Say not "Trinity": desist: it will be better for you: For your Allah is One God: Glory be to Him: (Far Exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belongs all things in the heavens and the earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs.

21. Shaul Stein profile image60

i have something to say to the video lost.
    i find it interesting that you avoid like 13 passages.
    I AM means I AM and He said He is God that's why they wanted Him dead.

either worship Him or not.

Where does Jesus (peace be upon him) said in Bibles that i am God or worship me??? Not a single verse will you find in the complete range and flavours of OT and NT where he said these kind of things. In fact, Jesus (pbuh) said.

Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord – The Bible, Deut 6:4

My Father is Greater than all – John 10:29
      My Father is Greater than I – John 14:28

Also, you did'nt tell me whether you agree with the correct context based interpretaion of I AM which i gave you or you started believing Job, Jeremiah and Soloman (peace be upon them all) to be divine and God just like Jesus (pbuh).

22. Shaul Stein profile image60

Romans 3:31
    Do we then by [this] faith make the Law of no effect, overthrow it or make it a dead letter? Certainly not! On the contrary, we confirm and establish and uphold the Law.

i see Paul contradicting you here video lost.

23. Shaul Stein profile image60

No, not all “messengers” are Messiah, and none of them claimed “no man comes to the Father but by Me”    this is what sets Him apart. He is the ONLY WAY to the Father, nobody else.

24. Shaul Stein profile image60

@ video lost

until you deal with this, nothing more to talk about.

Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!" Jesus said to him, "Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed." (John 20:28-29)

25. Shaul Stein profile image60

The term He used I AM....means GOD

So you want some more explaination, let us analyse the same issue of I AM in more depth.

John 8:50-58

Jn 8:50 And I seek not mine own glory: there is one that seeketh and judgeth.

Jn 8:51 . Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.

Jn 8:52 Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.

Jn 8:53 Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?

Jn 8:54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

Jn 8:55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.

Jn 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw [it], and was glad.

Jn 8:57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?

Jn 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Jn 8:59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

After reading the verses above it gives rise to a mind boggling question that if Jesus (pbuh) was claiming divinity then why did he emphasize that he does not honor himself ??? In light of all the verses in that chapter in which Jesus (pbuh) says he isn't seeking his own glory and he does not honor himself but his father honors him, it would make it a contradiction to say that he is claiming to be God in John 8:58.

Hence proved on the basis of the context that Jesus Christ's honour is nothing in John 8:54, If you say Jesus is God then it means God's honour is nothing.

Now take it in further depth

John 8:58

Jhn 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Greek text of John 8:58 reads: Iesous epo autos amen amen lego humin prin Abraam ginomai ego eimi

There are two major arguments which are brought forth with regards to this verse: 1) Jesus said “I am”, which is a title for God in Exodus 2) Jesus had pre-existence thus he must be god.

Regarding the first argument, if saying “i am” makes a person God then many of us are gods, indeed even in Bible others have said “I am” yet Christians do not assert their divinity. In John 9:9 even a beggar said “I am” in a very similar context:

Jhn 9:9 Some said, This is he: others [said], He is like him: [but] he said, I am [he].

Greek text of John 9:9 reads: allos lego hoti houtos esti de allos hoti esti homoios autos ekeinos lego hoti ego eimi

In KJV we see John 9:9 ending in “[he]“, however this is an addition of translators, it is not found in the Greek Bible, hence “he” is in []. In the original Greek text, in both verses (john 9:9 and john 8:58) the same Greek words are used for “I am” : ego eimi.

If “I am” is used to assert divinity to Jesus then similarly a beggar must qualify as being divine since he said the same thing. The context of John 9:9 and John 5:58 is very similar, in both instances individual’s identity is being questioned, even more so in John 9:9, and they both form a similar reply. Why should Jesus saying “I am” mean he is divine but beggar’s reply mean otherwise?

Other argument with regards to John 8:58 is pre-existence of Jesus. However, the concept of pre-existence of Prophets and other men exists in the Bible. For instance, as i mentioned earlier about Job, Jeremiah and Solomon (peace be upon them all) had pre-existence in the Bible.

26. Shaul Stein profile image60

and all the places i quoted when people worshiped Him, He never told them not to.

did you not see them?

you ignore all the passages because you won't deal with it.

27. Shaul Stein profile image60

any reply?

28. Shaul Stein profile image60

any reply?

29. Shaul Stein profile image60

John 10:33 "We are not stoning you for any of these," replied the Jews, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."

any reply?

You again left the previous verse related to the issue of I AM. So do you agree with me on that account ??? Then we will move on to the next.

no i do not agree with you about it...they did not want to kill Him for any other reason then He claimed to be GOD in the statement.

Tell me what you dont agree about I AM ??? Justify your answer.

And the Jews did'nt killed Jesus (peace be upon him) rather it was made to appear so. Secondly, the Jews thought that Jesus (pbuh) was claiming divinity but the case was opposite.

He was and is GOD and allowed people to worship Him and i gave you many scriptures stating this. Did you just ignore them to your own destruction?

John 10:33 "We are not stoning you for any of these," replied the Jews, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."
            the opposite?

The Romans are the ones who actually did the killing, but the religious leaders wanted it that way.

You did'nt answered my question regarding I AM. And till now, you are un able to quote a single verse of your Bibles where Jesus Christ himself says worship me or quote me a single verse of your Bibles where the word TRINITY exists.

Thomas called Him LORD AND GOD in front of 11 other Apostles and Jesus did not stop him.

30. Shaul Stein profile image60

One last time video lost.

DO YOU WORSHIP JESUS ?

No

John 4:22
        You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews.

Romans 10:9
        That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Acts 4:11
        11 For Jesus is the one referred to in the Scriptures, where it says,

‘The stone that you builders rejected
              has now become the cornerstone.’

12 There is salvation in no one else! God has given no other name under heaven by which we must be saved.”

No other name period.

If you do NOT worship Him then you have NO salvation.

You turned your back from the true meaning of I AM which i gave you.

what about the commandments ??? for some aliens ???

1. mohitmisra profile image59
            mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Live and let live, allow the person to respect and believe in which ever prophet they want to as all speak the same truth and all paths lead to god.

That's Freemasonry

Live and let live- Mahavira.Great prophets words,listen to them as you would to Jesus or Muhammad.
                You behave like Usmanali with a different identity.

31. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Beauty! Two Opposing lunatics on the same page!!!!
    May the bulldust roll on!

32. Shaul Stein profile image60

more of Him saying He in The Lord.

33. Shaul Stein profile image60

Did Jesus Say He Was God?

The gospel of John, which presents Jesus Christ in His deity, is sometimes called the "I AM" book. Over and over again in the book of John, Jesus said, "I AM." To the learned Jew this phrase "I AM" was very significant. It was a claim by Jesus that He is God. Why? In the Old Testament when God called Moses to lead the nation of Israel out of Egypt, He told Moses to tell the nation that "I AM" has sent you (Exodus 3:13-15). "I AM" is the covenant God of Israel, YHVH. Therefore, the great "I AM" is the designation for God to the nation of Israel and Jesus' statement "I AM" is a clear indication that He was saying, "I AM God."

I am the son of god and me and my father are one-Jesus.
      This is an enlightened mans statement one who know he is the Light manifested in a human body.There have been many masters on this planet like Jesus.

Send video of you walking on water.

Send video of you commanding waves to clam down.

Send video of you being transfigured and shining like the sun.

For what?
          I am an enlightened poet who knows god and I have no ego or attachment to any prophet or religion like you do.I spread god knowledge today the way Jesus did in his times.He had no master and neither do I. smile

2. video lost profile image59

There are two major arguments which can be brought forth with regards to I AM verses: (1) Jesus said “I am”, which is a title for God in Exodus (2) Jesus had pre-existence thus he must be god.

Regarding the first argument, if saying “i am” makes a person God then many of us are gods, indeed even in Bible others have said “I am” yet Christians do not assert their divinity. In John 9:9 even a beggar said “I am” in a very similar context:

Jhn 9:9 Some said, This is he: others [said], He is like him: [but] he said, I am [he].

Greek text of John 9:9 reads: allos lego hoti houtos esti de allos hoti esti homoios autos ekeinos lego hoti ego eimi

In KJV we see John 9:9 ending in “[he]“, however this is an addition of translators, it is not found in the Greek Bible, hence “he” is in [ ]. In the original Greek text, in both verses (john 9:9 and john 8:58) the same Greek words are used for “I am” : ego eimi.

If “I am” is used to assert divinity to Jesus then similarly a beggar must qualify as being divine since he said the same thing. So tell me now do you believe the beggar to be divine and God along with Jesus (pbuh)???

Other argument with regards to I AM is pre-existence of Jesus. However, the concept of pre-existence of Prophets and other men exists in the Bible. For instance, as i mentioned earlier about Job, Jeremiah and Solomon (peace be upon them all) had pre-existence in the Bible.

Tell me right now, do you also believe the beggar and the Prophets Job, Jeremiah and Solomon are divine like Jesus and are God ???

34. Shaul Stein profile image60

Isaiah 9:6-7 [6] For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

35. Shaul Stein profile image60

No mistake about it.

read the posts above about Messiah.

Very big mistake if you believe he is the only master this planet has seen .
      Vedas- "Be still and know you are god."
      Man declared himself as god a long time before Jesus.
      Try being still and you will understand the meaning of the above.

36. Shaul Stein profile image60

The lie of Satan was "you shall be as god"

Jesus is not Satan but rather a great prophet:"The kingdom of god is within you" smile

"And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."
      (Luke 17:20-21 KJV)

are you GOD.....Are you Messiah too.....and?

Yes .

Do people worship you?

Have a look at my profile and you will understand who I am.

2. Shaul Stein profile image60

the kingdom being within you does NOT make you GOD.

God is within me my deepest essence is the Light or god.Do you understand the meaning of the Light?

Are you the Creator?

Do people worship you?

Yes called prophet by many and I teach that the master or god is within you.

You said you are GOD and Messiah.

Do people worship you?

37. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

"That's Freemasonry" Hello troll!

38. Shaul Stein profile image60

Are you the Creator?

Off course , god works through me.

I did not ask you that.

You said you are GOD and Messiah.

You are the Creator then.

People worship you then.    yes or no do they?

Called prophet by many , how many times do I have to repeat this?

you said "I am God and Messiah"

now it's just prophet?

There is no difference between prophet or messiah the representative of  god.

39. Shaul Stein profile image60

I know The Light of the world, I know God too.

Are you the Creator?

Do people worship you?

Have you looked at my profile? Do you know who I am?

answer the questions.

I have but you haven't looked me up.
          Lets put this up once again
          Franklin Top spiritual and Religious
          http://find.franklin.com/nav/ca/spiritu … r/ebooks/0

5-Holy Bible - The Illustrated King James Bible (King James Version of the Holy Bible, KJV): The Old Testament, The New Testament, and Deuterocanonical literature with illustrations by Gustave Dore. Includes a Glossary of biblical terms and Suggested Readin

6-Ponder Awhile-Mohit.K.Misra

7-Holy Bible, New International Version

do i know who you are?

yes, you are a nobody

May be , may be not? Could you ever write a book  and get ranked alongside the Bible?

writing books does not make you anybody....get over yourself....and your ego.

The prophets are known to be spiritual poets and write to uplift humanity,try it you will see how easy it is to get ranked with the Bible.
                  What are your qualifications? You need to get over yourself, throw your ego out of the window and only then will you understand Jesus.

2. mohitmisra profile image59

No way thats a lie cause if you know god you would understand he is called by many names.

40. Shaul Stein profile image60

do people worship you?

if not, you are not GOD or the Creator

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)