jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

When God came with Hovercraft-spaceship: Ezekiel1.4-28.

1. James Agbogun profile image75
    James Agbogunposted 7 years ago

God may not be that entity with a Magic wand after all. It was as if a primitive man saw something that belong to the future, hence he could only explain as he did.
    Liquid nitrogen has the potential of crystallising a full human, as such, lot's wife might have been sprayed with a sister chemical. There are also instances when the israelites were rescued with fire and brine stone which may be closer to a Bomb.
    Every tool in our possession today, maybe a small Quota of the original nature of God. It is said that some scientists are Atheist. But when you look at the science involve in creation, one would wonder why those men chose otherwise. Today, scientists have not be able to name or characterise certain enzymes responsible for defined pathways in the metabolism of living systems.
    Initially, i doubted the Article. After a thorough Examination, it became clear that the truth may be close.
    Let us keep the Bias aside and examine this properly. The description may Just be of a Hovercraft-spaceship.

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

lol lol lol lol

Your bias is already apparent.

James Agbogunposted 7 years ago in reply to this

mark Knowles, i do not think you are right. I only wondered why?

Ah - so you are not a believer? You do not believe god created the earth?

It is said.......
            some scientists are atheist.......
            the science involved in creation........
            wonder why those men chose otherwise.............

No bias there. smile

2. profile image0
    sbeakrposted 7 years ago

i think fairly that you mention some remarkable points, james. 

bias may always exist, but it doesn't have to be relevant. 

mark's smarminess may always exist, but it also doesn't have to be relevant.

In this case though......... lol

3. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

You mean that you don't believe that Lot's wife was vaporized by a spaceship? Gee Mark...where is your faith? big_smile

1. lrohner profile image85
      lrohnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. James Agbogun profile image75

I do not think the issue of lot's wife being vapourised by a spaceship is part of the content.

3. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

She was vaproized? Oh I thought they just took her back to the mothership. lol

An intersting way of thinking of God...in a hovercraft ship? hmmm...well to each their own way of thinking I say. smile

4. Valerie F profile image60
    Valerie Fposted 7 years ago

As shocking as this might be to some, Mark and I agree on something this time! smile

I remember watching a documentary discussing the same thing, and I immediately tuned out when the narrator said something to the effect of, "Based on a literal interpretation of Ezekiel 1: 4-28, the vision had to have been of some helicopter-type vehicle."

If you take "faces" to mean sides, "wings" to mean rotors or propellers, "eyes" to mean landing lights or something like that, and "fire" to mean exhaust, you are not taking the passage literally, but interpreting it through a modern technological bias.

Is it not better we go to the passage and see the actual description?

5. Shaul Stein profile image59
    Shaul Steinposted 7 years ago

i can only imagine the people who lived in places in remote parts of the world must have thought when they first saw an airplane like 100 years ago. then going back to the village and telling people what you saw!! they would perhaps put you in a hole or something, however they deal with crazy people.
    then having this happen again when they saw a jet or how about a rocket and then a space shuttle, they must still be freaking out.
    or how about when we have dreams that we cannot describe very well but we do are best and if they were vivid dreams we get it real close to exactly what we saw. same with having a vision, it's not easy to describe things that are strange by using ordinary objects everyone is familiar with, but we do our best because we really are trying to share the new things.
    dreams and visions are like a burden of sorts, trying to tell someone about them and they are looking at you like your whacked out. lol
    it's even hard to tell ones spouse about them, esp if the dream / vision is even hard for you to believe, but you cannot deny it.
    a dream is when you are asleep and a vision is when you are awake i believe.
    some dreams can be as vivid as actual visions though.

just some thoughts smile

working