Love defined?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (32 posts)
  1. Shaul Stein profile image60
    Shaul Steinposted 14 years ago

if you would please write your definition of love.

not really talking about how you act.

just your perfect definition of love.

what does it look like?

big_smile

***also, does love have rules to obey? smile

***also, can perfect love hate that which is evil. mad

***(these were added after 11 posts)

1. profile image0
      James Agbogunposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Love is obsession, passion, something you cannot do without. It makes no sense living your entire life without falling deeply in love.
      Love makes you to levitate, to sing in rapture, dance like a dervish and be deliriously happy.

Shaul Steinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

no wonder why God is so in love with His people. big_smile
        it even says He dances over us. smile

2. mohitmisra profile image61
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The basic fabric of our universe is love which unites.

2. Davinagirl3 profile image61
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

Love is unconditional.  Love is beauty in an ugly world.  Love propels all acts of kindness.  Love is the root of all good things.

nice big_smile

3. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

While I can't say it any better than Davina, I can say this. I thought I knew what unconditional love was. And then I had children.

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I had to laugh at this after spending yesterday with what seemed like hundreds of little tackers! So many busy people, all totally oblivious that granddad would rather sip champagne in conversation with a fine audience, than watch them poo! smile smile

1. lrohner profile image68
        lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOLOL! I take it the bday party went well. So, fill us in. What did you wind up getting them for their bday?

i posted it on the other forum.
          Binoculars
          jewellery and fake makeup.
          Went down a treat, sort of smile I scored a 50% but with twins and 2 presents that's 100% Yah! the ideas worked smile One crazy with the binoculars, other one parading around bejeweled giving everyone her Bette Davis eyes! smile they are so cute!!!!!

1. lrohner profile image68
            lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, didn't see the update on the other thread. You are the greatest grandpa in the world! Nice job!

2. Shaul Stein profile image60

lol   lol

4. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

http://principalquattrano.com/images/sfdomme001grey.gif

expected lol

5. goodfriendiam profile image60
    goodfriendiamposted 14 years ago

I believe love is one thing and in love is another

Love is unconditional= to love someone even if they don't love you, it just is what it is,  giving not expecting anything in return....

In love is to love, love above all else, is when we understand and run to and embrace the first one

which then in turn creates peace harmony and joy

http://www.blizzsector.net/writing-role … meone.html

this is a beautiful poem. you got to go read it...........

You understand it as I do. Doing the dishes for the one you love is good for starters. Sharing the load because that is what you love to do for them. smile

love is action for sure. smile smile smile

6. Tom Cornett profile image80
    Tom Cornettposted 14 years ago

Love is the meat of a good and evil sandwich.  smile

7. Valerie F profile image61
    Valerie Fposted 14 years ago

1 Corinthians 13: 1-13.

yeah, pretty hard to write something "better" big_smile

2. Make  Money profile image66
      Make Moneyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah this is very profound.  I remember when it was always faith, hope, and charity.  Now it is usually referred to as faith, hope, and love, which is not always the same.  Charity is always love but love is not always charity.

8. anjalichugh profile image69
    anjalichughposted 14 years ago

I didn't know what love is until I became a mother. I learned that 'love' goes beyond loving someone unconditionally. It is such an intense emotion that it can make one sacrifice everything (even life, if needed) for the loved one. It's truly a Nature's miracle. smile

nicely put and thanks for contributing. smile

9. Shaul Stein profile image60

well, is that the entire definition of love from everyone?

i know more of you have input on the topic yes? big_smile

10. Shaul Stein profile image60

well so far we have i think 13 people who gave an opinion.

12 are a serious, sincere and heart felt definition of love that would help us all to love better. big_smile

i am glad you all are participating and thank you smile

11. Valerie F profile image61
    Valerie Fposted 14 years ago

Actually, I don't think Shaul was being sarcastic. It really is hard to write a better, more specific definition of love including a list of what it entails.

1. Lady_E profile image61
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You've lost me on that one, Val. As you get to spend more time in Forums, hopefully, you will find out who "Shaul" really is and then you might understand the comments I made.
      Cheers.

nope no sarcasm there....i just meant that no other better way exists. big_smile

12. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I once read a book that analyzed all the different types of love we can have, and two characteristics remained in my mind:  It said that all love includes respect for, and admiration of, the other person.  That's not a complete definition, of course, but I do believe that no love is truly right when either of those characteristics is missing.

13. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

there are lots of different aspects of love

it is unselfish

it comes sometimes when you don't expect it

IT is blind

It is cosy and warm

Love never fails

14. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I'd say that genuine and whole love is "strong as steel", bigger than the Universe, and indestructable.

15. Shaul Stein profile image60

I like those additions. big_smile big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)