Assume its possible. How do you figure it can be done. I have for a long time played around with fictional concepts on how this might be possible. Those of you who read my Godhood hub understand what I mean. I find the topic to be quite intriguing, and I envision endless possibllities in it, both as a Writer and a Film Director. Pls, kindly Throw in your theories on how this can be.
1. Find someone who's done it. Don't necessarily have to call him/her/it a guru or sensei or avatar or whatever, but the "being" has been down the trail ahead of you, knows where to point.
2. While seeking said trailblazer, remember that anybody who claims to have done it most likely hasn't.
3. Even so, one necessary assumption must be that it can actually be done. Tell few, as most nonthinkers out there will crucify you upside down (or maybe burn you at the stake, or impale you ON the stake) for daring to think it's a possibility.
4. Once the 'Blazer is identified, listen to the Rules of the Game as posted by said guide but remember to test everything.
5. Practice patience and persistence (along with, apparently, alliteration).
6. When Godhood (or any reasonable facsimile) is finally accomplished, keep your mouth shut, as nothing enrages the slave masses as readily as the mere thought of a free man (or woman, or it).
Sorry but one cannot keep shut once he has attained enlightenment but has to share this knowledge with the rest of humanity .You are correct some will not like you for it but on the whole humanity will benefit from the knowledge you share
I have also had this fantasy of attaining godhood and i dont know why but i firmly believe it is possible.If we could just explore our inner strenghts.May be it is possible through meditation and penanceor some other way which we still dont know of.But I think it is possible as most of religious and self improvemnt books says "believe in the power of soul" and "soul is equal to god".
Actually I'm already doing that. But I have this problem, some tell me I'm eccentric, but I dont know, I can never get myself to write one thing at a time. Like now I'm working on too many hubs - one on this Godhood, one on the Myth series, another on a favorite director, but my mood just keeps swinging, my mind keeps burning, its crazy. The forbidden mission is really cool, that I promise.
sorry, I really think you can only be GOD-LIKE, in that, Gods are not humans, and you'll always be a human. I was wondering where you were. I was going to start a thread..BOOM! what happend to Fiery? but, there you are, now I dont have too.
Very interesting, you guys. I was also just thinking, what if again, it was possible, and God allowed it? What if He made a way for a mere mortal to attain Godhood? Every religion or concept of God has some form of teaching that subscribes to man attaining some form of divinity. For instance, scripture says...we are partakers of the divine nature. Divine nature is Godhood, but does partaking in it entail acting in it? Or is there a rank to attain to? Steps to take?
My friend says: Partaking in the divine nature is to be consumed with divine love.
Love has no need to attain a title. Love is not concerned with it's place. For nothing is greater than love, love is not a title. Love does not seek to attain for itself, rather love desires to give. One can spend a lifetime seeking titles and gain them, yet have no love. When one is about to pass away, they do not wish they had a greater title.
His background makes a case for better parenting. Charles Manson had a truly terrible childhood and I feel that was the beginning of his loss of reality. His reality would have been a constant nightmare. His mother once sold him for a beer.
You know I used be this stern Christian believing that life would not be if it was not for God, Christ; and the Holy Spirit. Now after watching some of the "So called Christian" hubbers post slanders comments...
Let us see the context of the verse John 10:3023 And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch.24 Then came the Jews round about him. And said unto him, Howlong dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ,...