How Do You Attain Godhood?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (56 posts)
  1. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

Assume its possible. How do you figure it can be done. I have for a long time played around with fictional concepts on how this might be possible. Those of you who read my Godhood hub understand what I mean. I find the topic to be quite intriguing, and I envision endless possibllities in it, both as a Writer and a Film Director. Pls, kindly Throw in your theories on how this can be.

1. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The only way you can attain Godhood is convincing everybody that you are. Then if everybody believe you, you are God. For references search in 'religions', 'gurus',etc. big_smile

2. mohitmisra profile image59
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Meditation, one pointed concentration focusing between your eyebrows.

3. profile image0
      Ghost32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Theory:

1.  Find someone who's done it.  Don't necessarily have to call him/her/it a guru or sensei or avatar or whatever, but the "being" has been down the trail ahead of you, knows where to point.

2.  While seeking said trailblazer, remember that anybody who claims to have done it most likely hasn't.

3.  Even so, one necessary assumption must be that it can actually be done.  Tell few, as most nonthinkers out there will crucify you upside down (or maybe burn you at the stake, or impale you ON the stake) for daring to think it's a possibility.

4.  Once the 'Blazer is identified,  listen to the Rules of the Game as  posted by said guide but remember to test everything. 

5.  Practice patience and persistence (along with, apparently, alliteration).

6.  When Godhood (or any reasonable facsimile) is finally accomplished, keep your mouth shut, as nothing enrages the slave masses as readily as the mere thought of a free man (or woman, or it).

1. mohitmisra profile image59

Sorry but one cannot keep shut once he has attained enlightenment but has to share this knowledge with the rest of humanity .You are correct some will not like you for it but on the whole humanity will benefit from the knowledge you share

4. Lady_E profile image63
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I can't even assume its possible, Mon Ami.
      As you know, there are some Sacred things one shouldn't touch, or else....

1. profile image0
        fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

For sure. In some tales, some have been ushered into a realm where they're no more. Spooky, huh.

5. Haunty profile image74
      Hauntyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There is a vow that Buddhists take. It sounds like this:
      Even if enlightenment is unattainable, we vow to attain it.

1. profile image0

I know about that stuff. Buddhist monks in history have long been obsessed with attaining divinity...

2. arunjain1989 profile image60
    arunjain1989posted 14 years ago

I have also had this fantasy of attaining godhood and i dont know why but i firmly believe it is possible.If we could just explore our inner strenghts.May be it is possible through meditation and penanceor some other way which we still dont know of.But I think it is possible as most of religious and self improvemnt books says "believe in the power of soul" and "soul is equal to god".

1. profile image0

Interesting. In history, there has been quests by gurus and sorcerers of various sects embarking on forbidden missions to attain this godhood.

1. profile image0
        dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

MAKE A HUB!!!!! Whats a forbidden mission? OK, I mean, I know what it means, but tell me the story!!! I did not know about this and it sounds cool and I think you could add it to your myth series...

1. profile image0

Actually I'm already doing that. But I have this problem, some tell me I'm eccentric, but I dont know, I can never get myself to write one thing at a time. Like now I'm working on too many hubs - one on this Godhood, one on the Myth series, another on a favorite director, but my mood just keeps swinging, my mind keeps burning, its crazy. The forbidden mission is really cool, that I promise.

3. profile image0
    dennisemattposted 14 years ago

sorry, I really think you can only be GOD-LIKE, in that, Gods are not humans, and you'll always be a human. I was wondering where you were. I was going to start a thread..BOOM! what happend to Fiery? but, there you are, now I dont have too.  smile

1. profile image0

Never too far away, Goddess. smile

4. profile image49
    CabinGirlposted 14 years ago

You don't !

5. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Would you develop a 'godhood sense' account CJ..big_smile lol

1. profile image50
      badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I thought he already had smile

1. tantrum profile image60
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe it was banned ? big_smile

1. profile image0

Eaglekiwi, Badcompany, and Tantrum = Crazies! smile

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
            Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol boom badda boom muaahhhh CJ wink

2. profile image49
          CabinGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

God only knows smile

A Googley god? lol

1. profile image49

Is that what they call them in NZ, how cool smile

OR THIS~~> http://nexuslex.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/funny-dog-pictures-googly-eyes-googling-google.jpg lol

1. profile image49

Lol love it smile

6. Eaglekiwi profile image74

Nah CJ ,Didnt God say ..Have no other Gods before me?

There ya go , plot in the making wink and

BOOM!!

1. profile image0

You should read my short story hub, The Keeper and The Godhood and let me know what you think, Kiwi. smile

7. Eaglekiwi profile image74

He looks like hes just peed lol

1. profile image49

I wonder when FJ does a pee does he get a burning sensation smile

Shizzle my dizzle hmm yikes

2. profile image0

You mean if I've got it bad like you? Nah, I'm clean through and through. smile

8. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Um...who says he/she/it has to share?  Whoever 'tis, I'm not buying it (until or unless, of course, I'm blasted with the Divine Directive--most likely your point exactly).  big_smile

Yes that's what happens  ha blasted with the divine directive. big_smile
      Becomes ones job. smile

9. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

Very interesting, you guys. I was also just thinking, what if again, it was possible, and God allowed it? What if He made a way for a mere mortal to attain Godhood? Every religion or concept of God has some form of teaching that subscribes to man attaining some form of divinity. For instance, scripture says...we are partakers of the divine nature. Divine nature is Godhood, but does partaking in it entail acting in it? Or is there a rank to attain to? Steps to take?

Three stages of life- man then god-man and then god.
      Every human has the potential to attain godhood.

Or is there a rank to attain to? Steps to take?
        Meditation and gaining enlightenment- fusing with god the Light your source.

10. aka-dj profile image67
    aka-djposted 14 years ago

Start a church in your (neibour)HOOD, God will come to the church, and "voilah", Good in the hood, Godhood. Easy. big_smile

11. My Friend Shiyloh profile image58
    My Friend Shiylohposted 14 years ago

My friend says:
    Partaking in the divine nature is to be consumed with divine love.

Love has no need to attain a title.
    Love is not concerned with it's place.
    For nothing is greater than love, love is not a title.
    Love does not seek to attain for itself, rather love desires to give.
    One can spend a lifetime seeking titles and gain them, yet have no love.
    When one is about to pass away, they do not wish they had a greater title.

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How do you define divine nature Shyloh?
      Love is the answer at so many levels, maybe I missed one or two? smile

1. My Friend Shiyloh profile image58
        My Friend Shiylohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My friend says:

Sacrifice     Giving     Owe no man anything save love.

Divine nature is love.
        Divine nature has no fear.
        Divine nature cannot be moved away from loving.
        Love is content in all things.
        http://hubpages.com/hub/My-Friends-Love

12. kephrira profile image59
    kephriraposted 14 years ago

I have one on my godcoat.

13. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Charles Manson attained Godhood and look where it got him and his followers, it isn't nice to play with mother nature. big_smile

1. profile image0

Well, his followers were drunk with his wine of delusion! Manson didnt get it too bad, I hear he's eligible for parole soon.

1. AEvans profile image71
        AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Now that is a frightening thought! sad

1. profile image50

It is, even if he is older he still has those eyes, the eyes of the Devil !

Yes he does and he scares me to death!! They should have given him the electric chair years ago for the heinous crimes he committed. smile

2. profile image50

I wonder does Fiery have the same beard as Manson ?

1. profile image49

Do you think he even shaves yet ?

That is an interesting question, mmmmmm.... hey fiercy what do you look like? smile

14. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

His background makes a case for better parenting. Charles Manson had a truly terrible childhood and I feel that was the beginning of his loss of reality. His reality would have been a constant nightmare. His mother once sold him for a beer.

15. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

Some people treat their positions of power, no matter how big or small, like they are gods, but that is about as close as anyone will get.

I would doubt Manson will ever be sane enough to be free with a childhood like that.
      Psychology still has few answers for sociopaths.

1. SweetiePie profile image82
        SweetiePieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What I find creepy is people saying they find Charles Manson intriguing.  Some people like to go out the desert to visit where he used to live with his little commune.  How weird is that?

Maybe they should be feared as well! smile

16. nikki1 profile image61
    nikki1posted 14 years ago

Frinz.. ;-D
    By practicing "random act of kindness", showing people respect even when they are jerks. Inspiring others, going to church and getting involved.
    Hugs to all..

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)