All seeing

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (65 posts)
  1. heller profile image60
    hellerposted 14 years ago

If God is all seeing and all knowing how come he has produced such crappy subjects and specimens.

Appendix operation, diabetes,cancer to name just some.

also

Isn't he a bit of an absentee landlord - since no one has actually spoken to him apart from some be-knighted people for a few thousand years.

1. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe his blind, and deaf?  or maybe he's a sort of ameba. Who knows what happens in the twilight zone !! big_smile

2. quietnessandtrust profile image59
      quietnessandtrustposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like blame to me.

God cannot be blamed as He committed no offense and is not accountable to humans.

Humans make choices all the time that cause their life to be crappy.

Disobeying God is like a cancer (sin) and the cancer has eaten away at us from the first act of disobedience.
      Once it was in the bloodstream, it only got worse.

Evil seeks to dominate us, we must master it.

He still speaks to people, they just do not listen well.

1. Jerami profile image59
        Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Does a kernel of corn blame God when it falls to the ground, ferments and produces a stalk of corn with two ears and thousand kernels of corn?

2. yoshi97 profile image57
        yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mother Theresa (a modern saint) suffered many health problems in her later years (mainly revolving around heart problems and pneumonia). Did she disobey God and earn a cancer? I think not.

God doesn't punish people with disease and health problems for their disobedience. People suffer because there are various microorganisms that have plagued mankind since its inception and they are fighting to survive as well ... sometimes killing us in the process.

That's not to say we don't often bring about our own maladies - smokers get lung cancer, drinkers get liver problems - but to say this is punishment from God is reaching beyond the obvious truth ... we do sometimes suffer for the bad choices that we make.

Also, to say our creator is perfect and should have made us the same is an improper judgment to make. After all, if I were a creator I wouldn't want my creations to be perfect, as then they could never strive to make more of themselves.

Indeed, I would make them deeply flawed and would then sit back and relish as I watched on to see which ones worked past their flaws to become better than I had made them.

As for us ruining the world ... another misnomer ... but only when you look at things from a proper perspective.

The Earth was barren and lifeless before life came to be, and it lived quite a few years without us. Since we have set forth upon the planet we have done a lot to damage the ecosystem, but nothing to destroy the Earth itself. It's not the Earth that is threatened by our existence, but rather, the other living things on this world that seek to exist beside us.

If we were to launch every nuclear missile tomorrow, we could possibly destroy all of humanity and 80%-90% of all life on this world (though I believe that figure to be quite high). Also, we could send the Earth on a runaway greenhouse effect, baking the Earth and destroying much of the life as we know it. But still ... life would go on as extremophiles would continue on.

Also, the Earth would continue to revolve around the sun ... but without us.

As a species, we like to think we control the Earth's destiny ... when in fact, we truly control our own ... and we better act quickly, or a day could come when we finally hit the extinction list.

3. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So it appears that this mess is being blamed on God? Did we forget that Satan was a fallen angel of God? If someone truly believes in God then we do not blame him, and it is not God who creates these diseases it is man who has sinned and to make a long conversation short, how about blaming it on Satan? big_smile
      I believe in God you should read my hub "A Wing and a Prayer", I know there is a God and I am a Nurse, so instead of being mad at God which Satan wants all of us to do blame Satan he is the root of all evil. smile

Everybody is free to believe what they want. I'm happy for you if this is what makes you happy. it doesn't work for me though smile

1. AEvans profile image71
          AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I can respect your thoughts I felt the same once myself. smile

4. anjalichugh profile image68
      anjalichughposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I heard someone tell me once...."Its 'Evil' that creates all the pain in the world; God is the one who heals." This in fact motivated me to write a hub on this subject <no links please>
      Please don't take it as a promotional post as I didn't want to repeat all that I mentioned in the hub. smile

5. mohitmisra profile image61
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We are in hell and its a game we are playing with ourselves.The kingdom of god is within" Jesus - so you are god playing with yourself.

2. NiceBlogger profile image60
    NiceBloggerposted 14 years ago

I think that we did that,we created diseases to make profit.If some people are that ignorant and don't see that this world is being destroyed by us is that's not God fault.
    Just think for a second what a human can do for money,just think and you'll have your answer.

the answer is that God created man as his own image, so It's all said.  I don't believe in that kind of God, because i can't imagine any divine  being, being so lousy. And the world is being destroyed because of us? then is your God's doings ! If you believe in him

1. atomswifey profile image57
        atomswifeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

God created man in His own image being 3 and one in the same:
        Body, Mind and spirit
        Father, Son and Holy Spirit
        God also created man with free will as He has free will.

God did not create man imperfect. Man brought on that imperfection once he sinned.

3. quietnessandtrust profile image59
    quietnessandtrustposted 14 years ago

We are NOT in our original image any longer.
    Because of not following instructions, we started to die.

thanks God ! lol

4. NiceBlogger profile image60
    NiceBloggerposted 14 years ago

I believe in God and you got all that wrong.Any human has freedom to do what he wants,but we as a specie we ruined this world.
    Murders,rapes,destroying animals environments,people get rich and others dying because of poverty who fault is that? God? I don't think so,we are a horrible specie and we do becoming more evil each day.

You are free to believe what you want. If believing that makes you happy, I'm not going to stop you ! smile

2. profile image0
      annvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Murders,rapes,destroying animals environments,people get rich and others dying because of poverty who fault is that? God? I don't think so"

I agree with this part.

5. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

I guess God could have(If He had chosen to) created us us to be perfect and mandated us to be forever perfect without any choice in the matter.
    None of us would have been bad or sick. There would have been no  poverty, depression, terrible accidents and no reality TV.

1. rosariomontenegro profile image67
      rosariomontenegroposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Rochelle, I think this is exactly what several people are trying to say, starting a million posts ago: that if a God existed that were a good God he should've created us perfect as supposedly he himself is perfect.
      The hint about "without any choice" doesn't have meaning in this context. God didn't have any choice neither in being perfect, so what's wrong with that? Everybody would be happy and truly in his image, without any other choice than bliss. Just like him.

6. quietnessandtrust profile image59

Seems like blamers like to say

"I want my freewill !!!"

but then when they ruin their life and others......

"it's the fault of God!!!"

If God makes you perfect / robot....

"no, I want my freewill !!!"

I'm perfect and not robot. I don't believe in God, so I don't blame him. I'm my own creator and I'm happy with what I achieved

1. Valerie F profile image60
        Valerie Fposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Any mortal human who thinks he or she is perfect... isn't.

Narcissism or out and out hubris aren't redeeming qualities in anyone.

Ican'tcare less what you think. I'm a happy person and happy with myself. And I'm very narcissistic. and happy with it too.

1. earnestshub profile image80
            earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Truth is we are all narcissistic.

7. Shaul Stein profile image62
    Shaul Steinposted 14 years ago

How strange!
    I posted this a few days ago and nobody really wanted to talk about it because it took away the ability to blame.

What a shame.
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/20512

8. Shaul Stein profile image62

THIS TAKES ALL THE BLAME AWAY TOO !

If we had the choice right now, this very day!
    To chose between what is set before us.

And we have to make this choice again tomorrow and everyday after.

1) *Life and living?
    2) **Knowledge of evil and good?
    3) Would you want to know more or have life and live?
    4) Would you be happy to live or curious to know what you did not know?

*Knowing that you can live forever without the extra knowledge and that you could multiply and fill the earth and rule over it all like a king and queen.

**Knowing that you will know more, but not live as long.

Pick one.    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/20502

9. Sanctus Vesania profile image61
    Sanctus Vesaniaposted 14 years ago

Funny all of this, "Let's not blame God!"  which is the right idea, but for the wrong reasons.  God has no hand in evil?

Isaiah 45:7 - "I form the light and create darkness.  I make peace and create evil.  I the LORD do all of these things.

Romans 8:19-21 19For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

20For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

21Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

God created Satan to be a perfect angel?

Job 26:13  13By his spirit he hath garnished the heavens; his hand hath formed the crooked serpent.

Isaiah 54:16 16Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.

Genesis 3:1  1Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

People love to say that God rules as good, Satan rules all evil.  By saying this, they are effectively raising Satan up to the same level as God. 

Cliched, "read the Bible" but you'll find several areas where God uses Satan, and an assortment of evil spirits to accomplish His will.   

Indicates to me that God is ALL seeing and ALL Knowing.

you say

Cliched, "read the Bible" but you'll find several areas where God uses Satan, and an assortment of evil spirits to accomplish His will.   

What a terrible God !!!! Now I see why the world is what it is !!!! yikes

2. Shaul Stein profile image62
      Shaul Steinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And did we have a choice to obey the instructions given
      "do not touch the tree" ???

"Eat from all the rest but not that one"

So why the Tree was created.??? such a masochist God !!

1. Shaul Stein profile image62

As a test. What, you never took a test?

masochist tests like that ? No,never.

People takes tests all the time that can kill them.

maybe they're stupid

2. Jerami profile image59

If you were to build a creature and have the intention for it to have free will how would you know if the experiment were succsufull unless it expressed its free will by disobeying you?

That's a good one !! jerami. but he should have stopped right after the test smile

I don't know!  Maybe it was kinda like  the first Pandoras Box?? And he didn't want to flood the world yet? I know nothing

Don't think too hard jerami, it's not worth it. Just be happy with what you believe. Don't pay attention to others, smile

I'm better now.   Also
                I do not believe in either or   
                There is an ounce of truth in most things

Ofcourse it is !!! just stick to your beliefs. that's the best you can do , jerami ! smile

2. Shaul Stein profile image62

Oh no that would go against your freewill and individualism

no that would go against your idea of damnation ,which you are so proud to believe

2. rosariomontenegro profile image67

God didn't have freewill. God didn't have any choice in being perfect, so what's wrong with that? Everybody would be happy and truly in his image, without any other choice than bliss. Just like him.

10. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

If I were omniscient I would have many other choices, and would certainly have built a better DNA for starters. smile

DNA was changed when disobeying happened.

lol lol lol

11. yoshi97 profile image57
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

I just had a horrid thought ...

God planted the tree of knowledge in the Garden of Eden and told Adam and Eve not to eat from it

Now, as God is all-knowing, he knew Adam and Eve would disobey him. So, was it a test?

If so, God already (being all-knowing) knew we would fail the test. As such, we were set up to fail, as the tree never would have existed had he not created it.

So, did God want us to have knowledge?

Well ... he did drive Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden, but he didn't kill them and start over - which he could have, after all he is God

So, God *does* want us to have knowledge and is more interested in that than he is our own perfection (otherwise, he would never have tempted us with the tree)

An interesting argument, no? smile

If we were set up to fail that would eliminate the choice to obey.
      A set up is a trap.

He knows we can chose a 100 different things and He knows the outcome to them all, we decide which one.

Then He says....good choice or bad choice.
      Then offers other choices based on ours.
      Including a change of direction.

God didn't have freewill. God didn't have any choice in being perfect, so what's wrong with that? Everybody would be happy and truly in his image, without any other choice than bliss. Just like him.

Oh but He does have freewill, He even says as much.
          Man was created good and in paradise....all great!!!
          You can be perfect and have freewill...not a problem.
          They made a choice to do their own thing.

What?...God is not free to do as He wants? lol

God didn't have any choice in being perfect, any test to prove his free will.
            Everybody should've been created like him, without the choice, like that they would've been happy and truly in his image, without any other possibility than perfection and bliss.
            Just like him.

Messiah is, was and always will be perfect and He was tested and tempted when He came to earth.

My scriptures say to count it all joy when you encounter various trails, so I do not think your understanding is of wisdom.

Man (Adam) was created and tested. He was also called the son of God and he failed, Messiah is called the 2nd Adam and He did not fail EVER. smile

One disobeyed, One did not.

Are you on purpose distorting the meaning of what I say? I hope not. In that case, it means you didn't understand my words, even though they follow the thread of the impossibility of a creator God simultaneously all good, all knowing and all powerful.

We are talking about the God previous to Creation. Not of an incarnated God that came to solve the problems of his own creation. I hope we are clear about this? So, previous to Creation: God didn't have any choice in being perfect, any test to prove his free will.
                Thus he should've created everybody like him, without the choice, like that all beings would've been happy and truly in his image, without any other possibility than perfection and bliss.
                Just like him.

Just to speak more openly about this subject. I respect your beliefs, but you have to accept that you cannot spread them among us through the use of logic nor the mere repetition of words of authority. You cannot invoque for us the authority of a being we think it's an existencial impossibilty, let alone of the book authored by him and interpreted by yourself.

Nevertheless I accept that in your beliefs as in any other religious beliefs there is an immense territory called mistery, the ineffable, the inexpressible that far surpasses anything that can be logically read or literally read in any holy book (including my own holy scriptures).

In that area of your beliefs I accept that truth could be found. But then, I accept this to be true also in Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, Animism, and other belief systems.

To be clear. I accept that truth might be found in your belief system.

I don't demand that you accept that truth could be found in mine, I just beg you in the future to remember what I'm telling you right now.

12. Shaul Stein profile image62

Messiah endured everything because He had His eye set on the joy that was coming. big_smile

He endured everything because he hadn't any choice. God didn't give him one, remember ??

1. yoshi97 profile image57
        yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

According to one's belief, some say Jesus actually *was* God in human form. If that's so, then the whole dying on the cross scene makes no sense, as Jesus says at that moment, "My God, My God, why have you forsaken Me?"

As such, if he was truly God in human form, did he really endure anything?

This has always confused me, which is why I can accept Jesus as being God's son, but I can't accept him as being God himself - for if he was, the death for our sins loses all meaning.

1. atomswifey profile image57
          atomswifeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jesus was God is in the flesh.
          A big part of God but not exclusively ALL that God is.
          Being that, God is not flesh and bone as Jesus was.

God did sacrifice His son, and also Himself through the crucifiction. God demonstrated His greatest love for us in that.
          In Jesus asking that question to God the father HE was demonstrating what we all feel at times. That in suffering we sometimes wonder why it is God has forsaken us. When in reality, God has not.
          He is never failing.
          Sometimes the answer to ending ones suffering comes at the end of life. Sometimes it comes at healing. Sometimes it comes at the knowledge that we are saved. And in that knowledge we know and believe that one day ALL suffering will end.

God used Himself, in the body of Jesus to demonstrate to us all that we can live a sin free life. We can live a victorious life. Jesus led a victorious life. They took his body, but could not touch his soul.
          That is and was His victory over sin, death and the grave.

Through that and in knowing and believing that, we too have the same power over all three.

But the crucifiction in of itself was God intervening on our behalf. Knowing that we are prone to sin God reconcilled Himself to us through the ultimate sacrifice.
          No more need to sacrifice animals which were considered to be pure etc.
          God gave us the ultimate sacrifice of one being like oursleves in body yet apart from ourselves in purity.

Jesus did suffer the most horrible and ghastly torments imaginable. It was mans evilness being poured out on Him in great quantity. God showed there too how far into sin man had come. That man thinking he was so just, so right would torture and kill someone so very innocent and pure for crimes he did not commit.

Jesus took all of that sin, every sin upon Himself. He then offered Himself up as a LIVING sacrifice for all the world to see and hear about.

The miracle of Him being raised from the dead shows us that we are not bound by the constraints of sin nor the constraints of death or even life in the sense that we know it to be here on earth. That death is not final. That life goes on, for all eternity either with God or apart from Him.

13. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

If you don't delete this post you're going to be reported. A lot of hubbers do, when they see someone doing what you did. So it would be better if you delete.

14. quietnessandtrust profile image59

It's better to just tell the title and we can go find it ourselves.
    Posting your own hubs is a big no no no no no !!

15. Sanctus Vesania profile image61
    Sanctus Vesaniaposted 14 years ago

If you want to get technical, I didn't have the choice of eating or not eating of that tree.  Being non-existent and all that wonderful stuff.

One man's sin brought down all of mankind, whether they willed it or no.

16. world of the wise profile image67
    world of the wiseposted 14 years ago

Who told you God created such deaseses.
    They are all caused by poor lifestle and some guys in labolatories.

1. Sanctus Vesania profile image61
      Sanctus Vesaniaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

1 Col 1:16

16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

I know, a lot of people love to replace 'All' with 'some'

2. tantrum profile image61

Who created those people in the first place ? If you're a believer the answer is : God.

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

and if the answer is god? Circular logic! smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)