jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Seperation 0f Chuch Is It Just Political Control Or True Seperation?

1. 0
    mdawson17posted 7 years ago

So often I hear every one fussing about separation from church and state! However is their really a separation or is it just a political way to get religious leaders to hush when needed?

Oaths are still taken with "So help Me God" Prayers are still said at political events and world crises!

Their are still assigned chaplains employed by our government and preforming their Godly duty in the very offices that demands separation! 

Again Let me ask is this man's way of trying to bottle God up and only utilize his power when it is needed or it looks right?

Is there really separation?

This thread has many questions and points please feel free to express as you are lead too!

2. dahoglund profile image83
    dahoglundposted 7 years ago

The constitution says nothing of "separation of church and state." It simply states that the government should not set up a state religion or favor one over the other.

3. rmcrayne profile image94
    rmcrayneposted 7 years ago

Maybe I’m naïve, ignorant or have any number of traits hurled around in the forums, but I’m surprised your thread didn’t get traffic. 

Drives me crazy, things like swearing on the Bible before court testimony. What about Koran, Torah, and if you are not a part of any organized religion with a holy book, then you just can't testify?!

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Once you get to know the Original Poster a little - you will understand why no one responded. He is a big fan of christian lovin' - you know the type - thrashing homosexuals for "choosing a gay lifestyle" and laying a guilt trip on women who "murder innocent babies." wink

He is not interested in discussing anything and has started lots and lots of threads to tell us what god thinks we are doing wrong. lol

1. rmcrayne profile image94
        rmcrayneposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks so much for the heads up Mark! Should have trusted my initial instinct huh? 

BTW, did you notice hubtivity of both hubbers ended last night w/ my query?  The more senior of the 2 posted a 'same person' snarky animated message on a different thread today. Ain't that a kick?

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
          Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I must admit I do not understand what they hope to achieve. All they do is reinforce my opinion about religion and people who believe in god.

I prefer honesty any day. I am not kidding myself I am being nice, or "sharing love," or any of the hypocritical stuff they fool themselves into believing. I just tell it as I see it.

Their user names often give them away - "InHisLove" and "QuietnessandTrust"  or they have a photo of a naked dead guy nailed to a piece of wood in their avatar. wink

1. rmcrayne profile image94
            rmcrayneposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, the illogic of it drives me nutty. 

I'd put my moral compass up against God fearin' Christians most any day of the week.  Especially the Southern bigoted variety I grew up with big_smile

4. atomswifey profile image70
    atomswifeyposted 7 years ago

The seperation of church and state offers protection for free religious expression.

That is the part most ignore in their debates on it. It guarantees our rights to express our beliefs.

If it had been intended for us to seperate our government completely from God, why then was the practice of prayer in school adopted? Why was there scripture read in school?
    Why do we and have we had our presidents swear on a Bible in taking the oath of office?

Were the founders going against the very ammendment of the constitution they themselves wrote?

Some people argue that they were "pressured" by "religionists"
    So in point of fact then, they believe that yes, our founders went against it.

The concept is clear as it is written
    Government shall not form or establish one religion over another and force it upon its people.
    and 2.
    NOR deny the free expression there of. period.