jump to last post 1-42 of 42 discussions (133 posts)

Who is God ?

1. Eng.M profile image74
    Eng.Mposted 7 years ago

God says : ((When this message was delivered), (Pharaoh) said: "Who, then, O Moses, is the Lord of you two?" (49)He said: "Our Lord is He Who gave to each (created) thing its form and nature, and further, gave (it) guidance." (50)) Quran 20

YUSUFALI translation

Reference

1. mohitmisra profile image59
      mohitmisraposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Nice quote Eng.M smile

2. atomswifey profile image69
      atomswifeyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

God is love
      He is the very definition of love found in 1 Corinthians 13
      God is in everything, of everything.
      He is in the very air we breathe in and the heave of air we push back out.

He is all
      He is.

Nice words and very true. smile

3. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 7 years ago in reply to this

God is not the "god" of the Quran.

God is the Creator of all things,  the God described in the Bible.

And one of His names is Jesus as well.

The book of John tells us that.

It was Jesus who created all things.

So,  God is the Holy Trinity,  Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

2. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

Assuming you want to discuss this, here is my opinion.

god is a religious concept usually of a hateful and vengeful psychopath portrayed in first world writings that are so naive they display the sexist dehumanizing intent behind them clearly.

In a modern world where we understand that blind subservience is not the only way to think, it is just plain mad to believe in a god. The product of long term indoctrination. smile.

1. White Teeth profile image61
      White Teethposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Amen...

2. Eng.M profile image74
      Eng.Mposted 7 years ago in reply to this

in soccer game , fans always fight after matches and that doesn't make the game bad .

it's people who should be blamed .

if religions didn't exist you might have had this argument agains something else which differentiate between humans, something like the race .

3. Eng.M profile image74

well

God says:(Or were they created without there being anything, or are they the creators? (35) Or did they create the heavens and the earth? Nay! they have no certainty.(36) )

Shakir translation

ref

1. earnestshub profile image87
        earnestshubposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I did not hear any god speak, I just see another quote. smile

1. Eng.M profile image74

consider it as a quote then . big_smile
          what's the difference ?

It is a not true that god said it.

1. Eng.M profile image74

how do you know ? smile

It was written by men, not any deity, and it is full of hate and loathing, not the sort of thing a god would write. smile

1. profile image0
                  Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

So very true earnest so very true

Hello Crazd one! lovely to see you. smile

2. Eng.M profile image74

for the first argument , why can't God reveal to men what he wants to say .
                  and for the second one , how do you define hate ? and please quote a pure hate sentence from Quran ?

God is within man and the masters communicate with god and write masterpieces.God works through them , I understand you Eng.M and I think you are one of the most decent people here on this forum. smile

The hateful and controlling statements are why they are not holy or from a god. Hate is a human emotion that even humans can learn to control.
                    And  second.
                    Ishaq:327 “Allah said, ‘A prophet must slaughter before collecting captives. A slaughtered enemy is driven from the land. Muhammad, you craved the desires of this world, its goods and the ransom captives would bring. But Allah desires killing them to manifest the religion.

4. profile image0
      \Brenda Scullyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

you know what if that were my opinion i would keep it to myself especially in the religious forums..... but then who am i

A person with an opposing opinion? smile

5. TimTurner profile image79
      TimTurnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Couldn't have said it better smile

3. earnestshub profile image87

I would not deny that. There are so many in the quoran and the bible. smile

Yes there are many amazing lines in the Holy Quran and Holy Bible, great prophets = great words smile

Yes there are many things from the bible and quoran to be the best thinking of the time and were impressive.
        Early writings often have this or similar information which may even have been life saving in that time and place.
        To literalize the entire bible or quoran as the truth is another matter, and try as they may religionists can not explain away all the psychosis apportioned to their god in the only reference that they believe. smile

I agree there is a lot of wisdom in these books and then there is stuff which is not meant for our times.
          Then there is too much harshness in these books which I do not like, too threatening at times. smile

4. rosariomontenegro profile image89
    rosariomontenegroposted 7 years ago

Excuse me guys, I thought God was Earnest, Mark and Tantrum ... did I miss something during the weekend? Anyway, we at least have the Hubbers' holy trinity ...

Yeh! What happened to that? What a nasty! I have never seen anyone but the sock puppet do that! lol

2. lrohner profile image85
      lrohnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

LOL Rosario! And so true!

1. tantrum profile image60
        tantrumposted 7 years ago in reply to this

HOLY TRINITY

Yep! We're the man! lol

5. Eng.M profile image74
    Eng.Mposted 7 years ago

sometimes we don't agree with a writer just because we don't know what he means .

or because we don't understand everything in life .

6. Eng.M profile image74
    Eng.Mposted 7 years ago

God says (explaining some principle of Quran) : ( He it is Who has sent down to thee the Book: In it are verses basic or fundamental (of established meaning); they are the foundation of the Book: others are allegorical. But those in whose hearts is perversity follow the part thereof that is allegorical, seeking discord, and searching for its hidden meanings, but no one knows its hidden meanings except Allah. And those who are firmly grounded in knowledge say: "We believe in the Book; the whole of it is from our Lord:" and none will grasp the Message except men of understanding(7)) Quran 3

YusufAli translation

ref

that means most of the book is firm , right ans clear without mistakes .
    only some verses are controvorsial and not everyone could understand .

do you believe someone who mostly says right and good while sometimes you don't get what he means .

1. profile image0

How in the world did you get your text in red? wow a bright red at that.. lol

And where did you get the idea that god said anything? Your verses defend themselves. No proof of any god. smile

1. Eng.M profile image74

do your research and we talk then . lol

good day . gtta go .

2. Eng.M profile image74

I pay extra . lol / coloured keyboard

2. mohitmisra profile image59

"and none will grasp the Message except men of understanding-" only an enlightened one will relate with the words and meaning as he knows the Light for himself. smile

1. marinealways24 profile image61
        marinealways24posted 7 years ago in reply to this

lol

I love it.

7. Eng.M profile image74
    Eng.Mposted 7 years ago

catch you later .

you may show many sides I don't understand in the right way earnestshub .

take care all

8. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

lmao I want a colored keyboard....just not that bright red..I love the deep dark blood red thank you

9. earnestshub profile image87

I have quoted dozens of them from both the quoran and the bible. Religionists always have an explanation for the hate verses, the rape, the torture, torment and damnation! smile I'm over posting them.

10. profile image0

Hey earnest guess where I went to this weekend? I have a hub on it too. It was totally kick arse!

You still here CW? I had a PC crash!

I will go take a look at your hub now that the laptop is speaking to the wireless system again! smile

11. imadork profile image79
    imadorkposted 7 years ago

Me.

1. profile image0
      \Brenda Scullyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

try to keep the language sweet this time, let's chat

12. dumbeth profile image43
    dumbethposted 7 years ago

God is the creator of Heaven and Earth, he even created you because I know without him you wouldn't have existed. So trust and obey him always.

13. profile image0

Sorry Earnest but I Had left it was getting late and I needed my sleep. but I went to a kick arse place with some friends. we went to a Unitarian Universal Church where all is welcome no matter ify ou are religious or not religious. It was GREAT! I have never felt so more at home thatn I did there.

Ha! I read the wrong hub! lol I will take another look! smile

Nice hub! You know I don't do god, but that sort of church is a good idea! smile

1. profile image0

LMAO which hub did you read? and yea it is a great idea.

The visit to the haunted house! lol lol

14. profile image0

HAHAHA nice one earnest nice one but hey you can ready my scary ones too if ya want HAHAHA

I am trying to read all the good hubs I can, but gee there are a heap of top writers on here, and I try to read and reply to all comments made on my hubs by my fans as well. I wish I could type as fast as I can read though! smile

1. profile image0

You don't have to read my hubs...they ain't that great.

I eventually get to read a lot, it just has to fit in with family and work. smile

15. profile image0

I'll have to try and make a dent in your hubs tomorrow. i'm going to take one fan at a time and get through their hubs as much as possible big_smile lol If it doesn't kill me first lmao

There is a lot on mechanical things, a relgious one that you will hate, and a few true stories about my life, that may bore you stiff. smile

1. profile image0

How do you know I'll hate the religion one? and get bored with the others? I will read and be the judge of that lmao

There are a couple there I feel sure you will enjoy, the Australian stories, but take my word for it, unless you like to talk about internal combustion engine combustion chambers and fuel flow, you may find a few duds! lol

16. Eng.M profile image74
    Eng.Mposted 7 years ago

I don't wanna interrup but I am still waiting your response .

1-

2-

3-

you can't make conclusions according to media only .

I also don't know whether you made this verse up or came with it from a site .

a man needs to do his own research if he really wanna know something .  don't you think ?

Nothing wrong with my research or my memory either.
      What is this but hate and intolerance?

Islam isn’t in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant. The Qur’an should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on earth”

--Omar Ahmed, Chairman of the Board of CAIR (Council of American Islamic Relations), San Ramon Valley Herald, July 1998

Qur’an 8:12 cp. 8:60 “Instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers”; “smite above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them”

Qur’an 2:191 “...kill the disbelievers wherever we find them”

1. Eng.M profile image74

1)
        I am sorry but there is sir . you are claiming this passage is from Quran where it isn't . show me the reference ?

2)

I don't know this guy and I don't get what he means . I am talking about Quran .

3)

the right verse is :
        God says:(Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message): "I am with you: give firmness to the Believers: I will instil terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them." )8:12

and 8:60 you quoted is not with the same number .

they both encourge Muslims to fight unbelievers who formerly tortured them , prevented them from being Muslims and took their money.
        is there any mistake to be strong and nice .
        I mean you can't kiss someone who wants to kill you .

4)
        this one also was in a specific situation where the disbelievers attacked them first.

finally , mr earnestshub
        you may have certain ideas about Islam that you don't wanna change .
        you can't take verses of Quran about specific stories happend in the past and generalize them .
        also, you must read two or more verses beforee and after the one you are quoting to understand what is meant.

17. Eng.M profile image74
    Eng.Mposted 7 years ago

I will have to leave now . waiting your kind and wise reposne .

peace

18. earnestshub profile image87

As with those who follow the bible, it is you who are selective. there is an apologists explanation of all this hate.

There was war. Why? Fighting over who believed in the "real" god. The instruction to treat any human who did not believe as they did in the ways ordered by your gods, is the reason for the wars in the first place.
    Stupid argument. smile

1. Eng.M profile image74

I am sorry but you are who have no argument .

first you claimed religions are the main cause of wars including Islam .

you made up verses as they are from Quran .

then you changed verses from Quran , put others out of their context and select some parts of the verses for your purposess.

you say :

which completly implies to people problems not religion ones.
      people would fight for anything if they want to.

and say:

while in Quran , encourgements for wars are only found during war situations which is normal . what would you say to those who are under attack .

excuse me but even you are right . you have no strong argument to back up what you say. have a nice day .

1. profile image0
        sandra rinckposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Eng M. You know I respect you very much so don't take what I say as disrespectful but come on!  War is never justified.  Causes for war are always mans doing and it is always mans reasoning that finds some sort of justification for their actions be it self defense or otherwise. 

War in the eyes of love has never been justified so if all humanity would give up the notion that war is justified for any reason at all then one day perhaps it will stop.

Until the term "peace" can be understood for its truest purpose (in my heart meaning a world without war, hate, the need for justification etc.) then there will never be peace.

And the truest form of "God" will never prevail.

1. Misha profile image77
          Mishaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

do you mean "mans" as males?

1. profile image0

in general man as in humans. big_smile

2. Eng.M profile image74

hi Sandra

I know wars can't be justified but under siege or attack you can't deal with love with the attackers .

sometimes , wars are the thing that you can't avoid .

you would go to wars to protect families , beliefs and dignity . you don't wanna involve yourself into wars but you woud lose too many things if you don't .

1. profile image0

I understand but it isn't the point.  The point is both sides have to stop.  That's all.  It just has to stop. smile  Revenge, justice, "winning" the good "fight"... can't you see the irony? 

I understand that the "good" just want to protect what they love from the bad but you cannot expect a fire to stop burning if one continues to blow and the other keeps adding fuel. 

You can see the not so complex nature of the perplexed situation can't you?  Which is that the fire continues to grow by nature the nature of mans (human) ignorance which seeks to control or contain the situation all the while wild winds scatter flame.

1. Eng.M profile image74

I got what you mean .
              in wars sometimes you don't know or care who's good & bad . you just want it to stop . but don't we need to understand the whole situation such as why they are fighting and their goals in order to be able to stop that war .
              figters wont just stop fighting when they are told how awful wars are . treating people with love and mercy is the most important thing in life but sometimes they are not enough and strength but without hate should be there also .

19. profile image0

I read your religion one and liked it earnest so THERE lol

I saw the comment! Thanks crazd! It is pretty blunt tho?

1. profile image0

Somethings need to be blunt and I like it...I also put another comment on it about your response big_smile

I will look. smile

20. profile image0

sweeet

Finally got to it. Thanks smile

21. profile image0

glad you did hehe off to bed I go...gnight earnest talk to ya later

G'night crazdwriter, sleep well. smile

22. earnestshub profile image87

In many cases as in the bible they were not under attack! They were planning or doing the attacking. Revenge, hate.

Revenge and hate ,all over the Bible since Adam and Eve
      God's terrible revenge on Man : banning him from paradise

Yeh, about adam and eve. Who did their kids have sex with? smile

Ohhhh ! I can't reply!! I would be banned big_smile

And maybe the bible needs another re-write. smile
            although the church will have an answer, and I believe I have heard a few over the years. lol

I remember they are all from Genesis and speak about yet another set of rules, where we have sons of god and daughters of man, it just gets crazier. lol

2. Eng.M profile image74

I am discussing Quran not the bibel !

Easy swap, same stuff.

1. profile image60
          mikey9923posted 7 years ago in reply to this

hello just came into the coversation> it sounds good. what are we talking about now. Also iam a new hubber so not to sure how i respond to you. can someone tell me if they get this

2. Eng.M profile image74

swap the same stuff then . smile

that if you wanna make a helpful discussion to either of us .

23. Misha profile image77
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Goats lol tongue

That is funny Misha! lol

Maybe that's the explanation as why some people are such beasts lol

24. Misha profile image77
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Good, cause my first thought was WTF? such a sexism LOL

1. profile image0

lol

Not from Sandra Misha. Out of character. smile

1. Misha profile image77

I know, that's why it what WTF? smile

25. Sybil Marie profile image80
    Sybil Marieposted 7 years ago

The original question was Who is god? Man that is a huge question for one human brain (talking about my own here)smile to answer.
    I believe God is the universal creator. I also think completely understanding him ( though I don't believe God has a gender) is like blind men standing around an elephant. One walks forward and touches the trunk and says "The Elephant is like a big snake, another touches the ear and says "No the elephant is like a big blanket!" Still another touches the leg and says "You are wrong the elephant is like a big tree"...well they are all right aren't they, they just see their own little piece. Just my own thought smile

26. profile image0
    A Texanposted 7 years ago

Who is God?

A)Ronnie Van Zant

27. profile image60
    mikey9923posted 7 years ago

i would like to enter the conversation. im a new hubber and i dont know how to enter . can someone tell me if they get this

1. profile image0
      A Texanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No we didn't get it

2. Eng.M profile image74

especially in religion forums . the rules are 'No rules' .

3. earnestshub profile image87

Take a look Mikey, magic! smile

28. profile image60

very nice.. lol

1. profile image0

Figure it out?

29. profile image60

sort of. how do i stay on the page so that i can keep getting responces? do i use permalink

30. irenev17 profile image60
    irenev17posted 7 years ago

i will keep this a short as possible.
    first let me say blessed & peaceful Ramadan to those who follow.

to answer the question: Yeshua Hamashiach is G-d.

religion is man's interpretation of G-d.
    religion is law - law is a command of obedience -or else punishment, under covenant rule. It is slavery of men's souls, mind and bodies. religion is the work of false prophets who seek to gain reputation, power and control over the people of this world. but so it was written long ago, that such would come to pass. (sigh)

however, grace is choice.
    grace fulfills the law, the prophets, the covenant and the immortal reflection of G-d.

i find it fascinating that both Esau (the father of Islam) and Jacob (the father of Israel) believe in the same Creator.
    one sold his birth right for food, the other stole the birthright for pride. And to this day, they both war for the same thing: control of the blessing.

i think modern Christian's -at least by generality- miss the Truth about Him.
    The Pentateuch was written by Moses. It includes the house of Esau and Jacob. In fact, it refers to both as "great nations".

G-d is not a vengeful G-d under the New covenant. (Yes, many people disagree). He is a merciful G-d forgiving all sin PAST PRESENT AND FUTURE for ALL people.
    Thus the saying: It is finished.
    all things have passed away, all things are new.

Let me paraphrase if i may: Paul:
    where sin abounded, grace super-abounded.
    therefore, we come boldly to the Throne of GRACE...

1. profile image0

Thats very enlightening but I'm still gonna have to say God is Ronnie Van Zant!

31. irenev17 profile image60
    irenev17posted 7 years ago

gimme three steps?!

1. profile image0

There you go!

32. mymagicview profile image54
    mymagicviewposted 7 years ago

In my point of view God is a pure intelligence. I don't know if I can give here a link of my hub, but I think it's related to the subject and you can read my one hub on the same topic Who is God? What is the meaning of God for us?

1. andromida profile image75
      andromidaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Interesting answer.No matter who is God or even if  he really exists or not, he already lives in many people's mind.You can also check my hub   existence of almighty in jeopardy

33. earnestshub profile image87

A psychopathis, neurotic, psychotic who somehow manages to be bi polar as well! Read your bible! lol

34. profile image0
    A Texanposted 7 years ago

Who is God?

Ronnie Van Zant

35. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Hi everyone,

Some of you might have seen my post just recently on another "religion & beliefs", and know what I believe, but then again, some of you probably don't know, because I am fairly new to HubPages.

Let's begin by understanding one thing- GOD is a mythic figure and the "bible" or "quoran"(sorry if spelled wrong) are out-of-context history books filled with conjecture and contradictions.

If you're trying to find a reason for Why Humans Exist? It can be easily explained by reading a nifty little(1500 page) book, that isn't the bible.

Religion is simply a business, which allows greedy righteous over-zealous pompus people to appear as holy(sacred) positions, which shouldn't even exist in the first place.

You can quote whatever you choose from each and every entitlement book you have about religion and still have the wrong interpretation, because the books are the tools, the business "religion" uses to maintain their control of the masses. You, do not know....IF the bible or others were properly interpretated to begin with.....what if they didn't understand it and assumed it's meaning, to coincide with alternate motives?

Well, I think I'll wait for replies, before continuing, but thanks for listening.

36. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 7 years ago

Darn, I must have forgot to mention that I am God. big_smile lol

1. Misha profile image77

Goddess, to be precise tongue

2. andromida profile image75
      andromidaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

so cute Goddess.smile

We all knew anyway! lol

3. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hey sandra,

Did you know......You're not far from the real truth.

37. zadrobi profile image60
    zadrobiposted 7 years ago

God-- He's our friend!

1. profile image0

She... big_smile

2. Cagsil profile image60

God is your friend.

Did you have drinks with your friend lately?

Did you go to a ball-game with your friend, at any time?

Did you introduce your friend to anyone, so it could be verified, he was with you?

Most likely not....let's keep it real people.

38. sooner than later profile image59
    sooner than laterposted 7 years ago

I seriously pray for many in here. I am not a fire and brimstone preacher, but I must leave these discussions in the name of the Lord.

I have never seen blaspheme encouraged or laughable.

I do not want to take my comments further becuase I become judgemental.

The standards of God are not that hard to uphold. they are simple, and appropriate.

God be with you all.

1. marinealways24 profile image61
      marinealways24posted 7 years ago in reply to this

May government belief be with you!

2. Cagsil profile image60

Hey sooner, if GOD has been by my side, all of my life.....and he is guiding me toward whatever goal he has in mind for me, then it begs to question his motives....because my life, at least for the last 20+ years or so......have been like living in what you would call "hell". And, that's putting it lightly.

Personally, if GOD was real.....there would be more religious nations and religion would be incorporated into every aspect of your life, because you would KNOW "God" existed and not simply think of the possibility that he/she does.

As for Us being "evil" or "sinners", who are damaging "God's" words.....please....if it wasn't for religion...YOU wouldn't even think about GOD for one second.

If YOU weren't told a supposed "God" exists....you wouldn't be having this conversation. How ever, since you were a kid....You have been DRILLED in the Head...the ideology that a "higher" authority who watches over 6 Billion people, actually pays attention to things you do.

Please, even a insane, mental reject can see past the illusion.

As for you leaving, because you don't want to pass judgement? This is a load of B.S. You already passed judgement, by refusing to stand for your own belief?

So, that tells me....you're still skeptical about your belief.

And, that's for playing.

39. dyonder profile image78
    dyonderposted 7 years ago

god is one of those terms like 'love', 'hate', 'fear', 'sandwich': everyone has a different conceptualization (is that even a word?) of what the idea means but where one person thinks p'nut butter when they hear the word 'sandwich' another thinks ham & cheese, or another may even think panini. With all the billions of monkey brains on this crazy spinning ball it is simply audacity for one person, or any group of people, to believe they alone have liscence, and ownership of said domain, or of an idea. Personally I think the concept of god is simply the projection of our own id onto a chaotically evolving reality - superstition's always tried to explain what we didn't understand - for rationality's sake we've created the irrational to grasp the incomprehensible.

40. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

nice post dyonder.

41. marinealways24 profile image61
    marinealways24posted 7 years ago

The meaning of the word god is government.

42. aware profile image71
    awareposted 7 years ago

definition 5 in my dictionary says any deified object or thing .its my personal fave why its # 5 is Websters call. pretty simple a? that's how i think we should view it. in the simplest of terms.on a side note tho my idea of god is the coolest. but my god aint like butter for the spreading its mine alone. build a god make it a better god. cus dang . its sure in need of it

working