jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (19 posts)

There is no hell, for God is love and justice...

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image63
    GeneralHowitzerposted 7 years ago

If God is Love, there is no place like hell to punish transgressors...

If we do good things because we fear God will torture us with the furnace of fire if we didnt, then God is no longer God of Love and Justice...

1. Daniel Carter profile image89
      Daniel Carterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

So then the Hitlers of the world get away with what they did, right?
      Something is wrong here. The picture you paint is way too narrow.

Your train of thought is incomplete from what I can tell.

How do bad people get to be forgiven then? What if they don't ever want to change from their evil?

2. atomswifey profile image70
      atomswifeyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It is not sin alone which dictates whether or not one is to be punished in hell.
      It is sin and disbelief. Not accepting the pardon that God gave through His love for us.

God is just and justifiably angry at sin. He hates it. He does not hate the sinner, He loves all.
      But He is just, and in that justice He cannot be blinded to the sins of man because of his love for man.

Sin has caused everything in this world that is wrong, that is evil. Sin corrupts, it kills, it destroys our relationship to God. It seperates us from Him.

If one then chooses to live a life apart from God, apart from His laws then one does deserve that punishment.

In His righteousness, His perfectness, there is no sin. There is no hurt, no pain, no suffering, no death.
      It is because of His grace that we get to be a part of that. That we are rewarded for our faith. In that perfection of love, His constant unconditional love, he saw it only right to allow us the opportunity to be saved.

If we ignore this salvation requirement How can God then, ignore the very laws and consequences He Himself wrote? Regardless of the love He has for us.
      He cannot. That would make Him a liar, and unjust.

People do not like to think of hell as an appropriate punishment of a loving God, because they do not understand what sin really is. How it develops and breeds, how it causes corruption, greed, evilness in the hearts of man. They also do not understand or even want to understand how they themselves are accountable or responsible to keep the laws God wrote. To believe in Him and LOVE HIM.

This, and more to the nonbeliever is just too much to handle. They then put the "blame" on God for their own disbelief in Him. Saying that He is not loving etc. for creating hell. Rather than recognize that it is their own sin which produces this disbelief in the first place and subsequently will inevitably end them up there.

3. atomswifey profile image70
      atomswifeyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

And what about God being so loving in providing a way out of that consequence, a way to avoid it altogether?
      What about Him loving us so much as to create heaven and have heaven be not only for Him and his angels, but for us as well?
      What about that loving God??

What about the choice we have to live with Him eternally for all eternity that is in the most perfect place that is so perfect that man cannot even begin to imagine how perfect it is!? What about that God????

2. aka-dj profile image79
    aka-djposted 7 years ago

Mankind does not have criminals, and there are no prisons. What kind of beings would we be if we locked people up in such nasty places as that?
    I mean teens offending for petty crime go to the same place as rapists and murderers. Not in this loving world.No way man. It can't be true. sad

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image63
      GeneralHowitzerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hell-fire thing teaching has made a lot of atheists, the thing about Lazarus which many Christians long believed was actually a parable...
      Those criminals we'll be deleted just like in the Computer hard disk where junks are placed in the recycle bin and their memories will be forgotten..
      Those who we're victims of these criminals will be given chance that's why there is what we call resurrection.
      God is a loving God, if he'll torture us when we doesn't obey him, is illogical and irrational.
      Because of fear of hell we do good things and be punished, then this is not the God I know.
      God love is enormous...
      Being a Christian is a lifetime commitment ...

1. aka-dj profile image79
        aka-djposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If you throw out one thing that just "cannot be", what else will you throw out next.
        A lot of people threw "salvation by grace out", and we now have religion. Most often referred to as "christianity".
        BTW, the Lazarus story was not told in the same manner as other parables. Even if it was, it still makes the same point. There is a separation between the good and the wicked, after death.
        If this was the one and only "teaching", you could be excused for tossing it out, but it's merely one of many.

3. 0
    Madame Xposted 7 years ago

Think Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, etc. God wouldn't be very "loving" without justice. Nobody's going to rot in hell for stealing a candy bar. But there is a place in hell for some. . .

4. 0
    Leta Sposted 7 years ago

Might behoove you all to look a little larger...but that's OK, smile.  This is why I stay outa the religion forums!

5. Paraglider profile image91
    Paragliderposted 7 years ago

Just wondering why this topic is in the knowledge exchange forum?

6. rosariomontenegro profile image91
    rosariomontenegroposted 7 years ago

Paraglider, I can't remember who started this subject, I think it was the fair bear, in religion. It was expressed in a different way, as the old traditional conundrum: a creator God cannot be simultaneously all good, all knowing and all powerful.
    This thread ended up talking exclusively about hell. I don't know where the suffering of children and the innocent went, nobody seems to have noticed.
    But even concentrating exclusively on hell as the paramount possible suffering, it touches a matter so disturbing and so universally affecting all of us --the existence of evil and suffering-- that it might one day appear in the entertainment forum ... anywhere.
    Actually "knowledge exchange" does not seem so inappropriate a forum for such burning subject, no pun intended.

7. GeneralHowitzer profile image63
  8. Lady_E profile image83
    Lady_Eposted 7 years ago

Well, that's your opinion based on no facts.

9. GeneralHowitzer profile image63

We'll i have some principles that opened my mind recently... I think I mispost this...

This is my belief as well as that of my new found sanctuary hope all of you well respect it though, hehehe i was just I guess overjoyed with the new changes taking place in my life recently and they're for the better. I'm walking the talk literally, and undergoing changes recently

I could've kept this by myself... I just tested how people views hell, that is the goal of this forum topic and this is the reason why I posted this in knowledge exchange...

thank you all for your opinions, point of views and principles...

almost all of us here I guess loves God but we have different ways of showing it.
    I reported this topic already hope it will be get rid off asap...

Im extinguishing this thread and hope you'll reply no more...

1. Lady_E profile image83
      Lady_Eposted 7 years ago in reply to this

wink  True - people definitely have different ways of showing it.

10. Jerami profile image79
    Jeramiposted 7 years ago

There is one truth.  If everyone has something diffrent??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/   who is correct  ?

1. Jerami profile image79
      Jeramiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm sure that most everyone has set bait in a rat trap.  Is that evil??

1. Jerami profile image79
        Jeramiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Where did the rat go?? Good thing...Bad thing ??? Tha rat is gone,  good thing ???

11. 60
    chucklinartposted 7 years ago

I don't know about all this God stuff, but I do know that it's no fun to be a crime victim in this world.

Closed to reply