A Message--PLEA 2 ALL BELIEVERS 4 your benefit / consideration please!

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 140 discussions (497 posts)
  1. Shaul Stein profile image60
    Shaul Steinposted 14 years ago

GREETINGS UNBELIEVERS !!!
    I KNEW YOU WOULD COME IN HERE IN SPITE OF THE TOPIC !!! big_smile

Please DO NOT post until you read all other posts, thanks. big_smile

(So far this topic had 240 posts in 4 hours. Why? Because truth is a mirror.)

These people have no desire to listen to you or believe in The Lord God All-Mighty,
    no matter what you tell them and you all know it too.

Endless keystrokes have shown as much and I urge you to cease and desist in posting replies to them all.

They are all mockers, scoffers and reprobates who only come in here to prove as much. Many of them have said that is the only reason they come in here is to make fun, reticule, scorn and joke!!! Don't you all know what the scripture says in talking to such people? You are PARTAKING IN IT WITH THEM !!!

#13 THINKS HE IS MESSIAH AND GOD AND THE LIGHT AND DOES NOT BELIEVE GOD CAME IN THE FLESH IN THE PERSON OF JESUS THE CHRIST AND HAS STATED AS MUCH !!! THE RECOGNIZABLE ANTI-CHRIST SPIRIT !!!

#14 Does NOT believe Jesus was God either and does NOT worship Him as such.

You are all wasting your precious time, effort, energy and words on these mockers and scoffers who blaspheme the Holy One, The Messiah and Savior.

Messiah, Paul, Peter, James and John would have left off speaking to these long, long ago because they wasted no time on such people. They would rather speak to the people who had ears to hear THE TRUTH and shaken the dust from their feet as a testimony against the mockers just like Messiah said to do.

Any further discussions with these people is really flying in the face of The Holy Spirit who urges us not to waste time on mockers and scoffers!!!

When they post, do not reply at all, do not acknowledge the statements they make, they have no desire to listen and only want to make fun of our Sovereign Savior and KING!!!

Messiah did NOTHING for people who scoffed and mocked, He only answered to faith, not demands of "proof" as if He was a puppet. So stop being a puppet !!!

Yes, we are suppose to give an answer to them who want a reason from us as to why we believe, but those are the sincere ones.

None of these I am speaking of is as such.

Consider this a warning, rebuke, reproof, urging or concern. But consider it with seriousness from a fellow believer who has spent his last keystroke communicating to these who are wise in their own conceits.

I have seen some of you come to the same conclusions and yet you keep coming back to post, reply and argue with people who are deaf to The Holy Spirit.

Let the people on the list talk to themselves, ignore them.

It's not easy to resist a reply, but just give it time, it is wise.

They have proven what they want.

NKJV - 2Sa 22:27 -     
    With the pure You will show Yourself pure; And with the devious You will show Yourself shrewd.

NLT - 2Sa 22:27 -     
    To the pure you show yourself pure, but to the wicked you show yourself hostile.

NLT - 2Sa 22:28 -     
    You rescue those who are humble, but your eyes are on the proud to humiliate them.

NIV - 2Sa 22:28 -     
    You save the humble, but your eyes are on the haughty to bring them low.

They will try to provoke you to make a reply, do not cater to them anymore.

4 hours and already 240 posts....truth is a mirror.

I have not replied to a single person on the list and I will not until they want to learn something.

Here is a good example of one reply so far with someone who gets it.
    quote=sneakorocksolid. "We should state our position and always be ready with help or encouragement. If we determine it's not going anywhere productive then leave with an open invitation to answer civil questions any time in the future. I don't like 'Black-listing' it puts Christians in a position that could be interpreted as judging. People who are just plain insulting need to be ignored and should be by both sides."

Yep....that is what I am saying...the mockers and scoffers are to be ignored totally.smile

Cease casting !!!!!

To all believers,

Shalom

Shaul smile

1. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol Yes!! I come here for fun. So what ?? It's not my fault your beliefs are so funny ! big_smile

1. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Tantrun; I always thought that what ever part of whoevers personality that you represent has a chance????  YES ??? NO  You do have a good side

2. Jerami profile image58

A word to the wise is sufficient.
      When and if they are serious they should start a thread and invite conversation??????????????? yes  NO

3. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Misha"?

i'm shocked.

shocked, I say. roll

4. Vladimir Uhri profile image61
      Vladimir Uhriposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would like to congratulate to Shaul for telling the truth.
      I am disappointed that Sandra is on list. I thought always she is OK. But I do not have time to visit forum very often to discern. Also I like Marine, he is my favor one, friend. Shaul is right in many instances. Jesus brought hope, comfort, healing for those who are hurt, lost and they came to Him to listen. Two hubers attacked me said I am an idiot and that I am not educated. Somebody reported them to authority by I did not, even I was hurt. But I do not deserve rude treatment. One attacked me and I told him, I love him. By the way I try to tell them that it is truth that we Christians are hypocrites. Many time I was a big one. But being honest does not save anyone and bragging about honesty is also hypocritical.
      Why there is so much hate, I never seen it when this beautiful country adopted me.
      There is no fault on Jesus any kind. It does not make any sense to hate Him. They still do. It shows me they are wrong. I still love them and as Shaul said I do not have time to spent time with mockers.
      Shoul you have full right to say what is on you heart, brother. 
      If they believe or not, Jesus died for them and took their faults on cross. Unfortunately it is only faith to get full benefit.

Shaul Steinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the encouragement!!!

I did not point out anyone without pouring over hundreds of postings.

It took outright mockery, scoffing and ridicule to make the list.
        Many of them openly admit they do it too.

I tell it like it is man!!!

1. profile image0
          sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

From what I understand and believe you have mocked Christ more than even Mark.  Could you understand it?  Probably not because you are too full of yourself to see it. smile

I got dizzy and lost in that last mess. I do not feel that I have ever mocked what Jesus said. I disagree with what they INTERPRET Jesus  to have said!  Am I the only believer  that reads english

2. blue dog profile image59
          blue dogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i'll try to become more mocking, more scoffing and more ridiculous in the religious tent of hypocrisy.
          now, if you'd just add me to that godda-- list...

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
            Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to the list Blue Dog.  If you need any help mocking or scoffing feel free to ask.  Of course, to really fit in you have to perform a drive-by mocking or scoffing of a Christian.  Don't worry though, opportunities present themselves all the time here.

5. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
      GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Although I believe God exists...
      We have the freewill Shaul... anyone can do anything they want to do...
      You can win the hearts of the non-Christians with works and by preaching. Walking the talk is far more effective of showcasing God's grace and love...

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
        GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this
    6. mobilephone guide profile image61
      mobilephone guideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

what!? ME!? A NON-BELIEVER!!!? THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!! IMMAGONNA DO NERD RAGE NAO!!!

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Welcome mobilephone guide to the shun list hehe

7. chukra G profile image60
      chukra Gposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sir with humble im asking you who do you think you are to identify non-believers. when you can't make others, to feel GOD, how can you judge
      them. doesnt you realise its your fault. and how do you identify non-believers, base on the religion that they are practising. understand the the truth-- non-believers doesnt exist-- you created them in your mind and its not true. there are no living entity that do not love GOD. i knew and it is true. each of us love god. i am not christian and i am not attached to any religion neither, will you dare separate me from GOD, no one can do it. christians believe in satan's right. so let me explain in your way, you go and call the most strongest satan from your religion teaching that described to you. i will just wait and see how daring he will to separate me from god or god from me. let us check your most powerfull enemies strenght can shake me or not smile. so what you can do is KEEP YOUR MIND CLEAN.----------------------------------------------------I can be your soul but when it comes to god there will be only ME.--chukra G smile

8. darkside profile image62
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Seriously man, get a life.

Unplug the computer from the wall. Throw it out the window. Lock your doors. Go read your bible. Stay away from people who, heaven forbid, have an opinion.

1. chukra G profile image60
        chukra Gposted 14 years agoin reply to this

actually it will be the best thing for me to do smile

9. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So what do you a think of a person who is ranked over most editions of the Holy Bible?

Since when have anti Christs been ranked over Jesus words or the Bible?

I understand Jesus a lot better than you do and I am telling you he is within me.I am also the son of god exactly like Jesus is and my job is to wake up people like you to this reality. smile

Do you really think people are going to listen to your definition of god or mine?

10. LiamBean profile image80
      LiamBeanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You do realize that this is slander don't you?

1. Jane@CM profile image61
        Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"why is this allowed??"

Again, we have to look at hub staff for that answer???

Seriously thinking of packing up shop & moving onward...anyone care to join me.

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
          rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

report it, people who are serious about being here need to keep this site away from slander, which is what this thread is. now~~ back to work~~

11. Daniel Carter profile image63
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow. Member of my congregation and family would be shocked to know I'm on your list! LOL
      So many wild assumptions here.

I don't need to justify my beliefs or life to anyone, but I do have an opinion.
      Good vibes to everyone here.

2. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Shaul, you are a brave, brave soul. smile

1. Jane@CM profile image61
      Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So true, and in doing so are you asking people who DO and DON'T know any of these people on your list to judge?

2. Shaul Stein profile image60

Fear belongs under the foot. smile

3. atomswifey profile image57
    atomswifeyposted 14 years ago

Shaul I agree with you completely. As a result of this amazing text you posted, I will heed its advice and not be responding to the crowd mentioned in it.

Thank you my friend smile
    God Bless you!!

Shalom and Baruch Ha'Shem (Bless The Name YHVH) big_smile

2. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are new so I will forgive you for that thought but be careful not to bite off the hand that feeds you,just a word of wisdom. smile They are honestly very good people and just because they do not believe in the same thing does not mean they are bad. smile

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

atomswifey is a long way from new AE, she is yet another religionists with more than one identity. smile

1. AEvans profile image72

Oh brother I didn't realize it, do you know what the other one is?smile

3. Daniel Carter profile image63

Seems you retracted that idea of not responding, just a bit?
      I hope you can find peace, despite all the bad vibes. :-)

1. atomswifey profile image57
        atomswifeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Daniel!
        smile

If you will read on my friend smile
        I have stated that I do not want to engage in argument any longer, thats all.

To those that applies to are ones I have in the past argued with.

Not all on this list are ones that I have.

Fairbear and I have come to an understanding about it all and I pray that all here will.

Respect eachother that is as people of differing faiths, beliefs, etc. And not resort to the lowering levels that some have.

I am at peace my dear friend. smile
        I understand why I will be attacked at times both spiritually and personally.
        I am ok with it really. I just am refusing to engage in a verbal battle with those who are not recieiving me or the message.
        That is all I meant when I said that I agree with Shaul.

Not that I agree that any or all of those people should have been listed in the first place.

I guess I should have chosen a better word than that of "completely" then.
        Sorry for that all. smile

1. profile image0
          cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

atomswifey, i think the problem people have with you is you either a) come off as aggressive and smug or b) ignore honest questions completely. if you are going to prosthelytize in online forums, you should be prepared to defend it.

2. Daniel Carter profile image63

You and are I good. Let's keep it that way.
          In fact, for the record, I'm fine with everyone here. I like the diversity, thought provoking comments. Everyone holds their own mirror up and writes a reflection of themselves in these posts. If that's the case, then I don't have to take offense of what anyone thinks of me. It's much more about them than it is of me. So, though I may instill the fear of a junkyard dog in some believers, please just laugh it off. I asking you to question your own beliefs, just as you are asking me to question mine.

The truth is, that if our beliefs weren't questioned, we would never progress. We would never struggle for something better, never derive the truth, because we would be lulled into the complacency of a dull life where truth is meaningless and irrelevent.

So, if you can handle when I hammer on you so hard it hurts, then I should be able to accept the same.

You can't comprehend the light without the dark. No joy unless you understand sorrow. No faith, unless you realize there is also unbelief.

A little gratitude that we can each comprehend the opposites will reveal more to ourselves than any other thing. It is where the equations of the universe are understood not necessarily solved.

Darkness is not a problem unless light is required. Even too much light can burn.

The paradox is about accepting the opposites and seeing their value, not in condemning them.

We should all roll our own and smoke that for an eternity.

LOL

4. yoshi97 profile image56
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

Isn't the object of a mission to preach to those who don't believe ... as one can never make a believer of a man who already believes.

Many mocked Christ openly, and yet he preached on ... unconcerned by those who didn't care to listen, as he spoke to those who were ready to hear.

Feel lucky ... in Christ's day, believers were fed to the lions ... and yet they continued to preach. If you consider a forum to be a lion's den, then perhaps you were born in the wrong era ...

Here's my take, and take it for what you will. I see nothing wrong with telling people about God, regardless of whether his existence can be proven or not. What I DO see as wrong is people using the religious forum to pass judgement upon one another as Jesus (Messiah) said, "He who is without sin among you, let him throw the first stone at her."

Only one human being was ever born without sin, so not one of us is allowed judgment against another. If we are to speak the words of Jesus (Messiah) then let's live them more loudly than we speak them, for if we chose not to do so then we mock him with our own exhalation of breath.

A teacher teaches a lesson - he never commands that it must be heard ...

Jesus said that the blind can not lead the blind. Believers should find their correct path before they can lead others. Don't bite off more than we can chew. etc. etc. etc.

1. yoshi97 profile image56
        yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lest we forget, Jesus healed the blind ... he didn't pass them by for their lack of vision ....

He healed them because they believed on Him.
          He many times tested them to see if they had faith in Him BEFORE He did anything for them.

Messiah answers to faith, not mockery and scoffing!!!

YEA !!!!

Messiah spoke openly to all, but only took time to teach those who had an ear to hear in private. He did not waste His time on mockers ever.
      In fact God says He hates mockers and scoffers. You need to read the scriptures more.

Messiah did not try to prove anything to mockers or reply time and time and time again to them.

You preach to all until it becomes evident who the mockers and scoffers are.
      Then you take aside the ones who want to know more.

You cannot lead or teach people who mock. Teachers do not waste time on students who are not sincere.

This is not casting any stones, it is using wisdom to the wise.

I am judging what I hear, I am delivering them over to God and let Him deal with them as He says to do after so long a time.

You cannot make a donkey move if he does not want to. smile

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I could wink but I think its against the law lol

5. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

@ jerami
    I have a good side for those that deserve it. Like you my friend. smile

I mock those who deserve it

2. tantrum profile image61

back atcha my friend

smile smile smile

6. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

Wow and judgment lives on in those who call themselves believers!  Your a bunch of jerks... the most racist and segregated bunch of people who haven't a clue about what it means to be human lest you ask your unholy savor for forgiveness so that you can continue to makes yourselves look like bigger jerks than you truly are.

Your god would be so proud of your nonacceptance of those different from yourselves because you say your savior preaches acceptance and love and forgiveness but this is the way you treat people different from yourselves.

You might want also include in your list all the Jehovah's witnesses and Jews as well for not believing that Jesus is God who came in the flesh and do not worship him as such.

Unless you god Jesus also told you to stay away from people who accept and love Jesus but don't believe he is god too.
    Let me guess...

Jews and JW's are evil too right?  The next time you look in a mirror you could only ask yourself one question.  "Do you really know yourself?" 

Dual formed question if you would like to give it some thought.. oh wait just look for the answers in your Bible!

7. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Shaul did you just end your post with- Peace ???

Now even I know that was a very hypocritical thing to say, also the fact you have just broken the greatest commandment of all.

Love one another ,as I have loved you.

Most of those people above I call friends,and I really think before you remove the speck from their eyes, remove the plank from yours wink

I agree to love above all, love.
      But in that love as in our witness, when you drop the seed, you leave it to God to grow.
      Jesus said, to wipe the dust from your feet if they do not recieve what you have to say.

I think Shaul was mainly talking to those of us (as I have been guilty of this), who have chosen to argue endlessly with those not willing to receive the message.

Exactly and that is the reason why I posted the topic, because the list is made up of consistent mockers and scoffers who ridicule to no end!!!

I don't know but would like to think that he left after having the last word. but if not what the diffrence???

2. profile image0

I know it might be hard for you to understand but the message your passing on isn't the message you think you are giving.

The message I see over and over again is a lack of love, compassion, acceptance and or genuine understanding for humanity.

All the messages start off with "you have to" or "ignore them" or "they will go to hell" or "they don't know love" etc... and then you expect that people will just follow a crowed of people who call themselves believers who know darn well that if I don't agree with your sentiments exactly or act and say the same things you say then we are considered "anti-christ" or the devils helpers or something.

I see a better way, to really love and accept people would be to love and accept the differences in beliefs without worry whatsoever.

"Perfect love caste out fear... there is no fear in love."  But you preach fear and damnation all day long to us who fear nothing of the sort and then you expect that we should some how be instilled with fear based on what you believe.

I personally fear nothing of the sort because I do feel that love has been made perfect in myself but my words are my own but found in your bibles as well but you say it is from the devil because I don't believe that Jesus is God and I say that there is no better teaching then one that loves without fear.

While I disbelieve many things, I do live with certain things in the back of my mind.  One of those being: what if it were me?

You can say, what if that was Jesus?  I don't always think the nicest things or say the nicest things but I know that I wouldn't treat someone as less then what I am... animal, human, spirit, god?  Does it matter? 

I don't believe so but you might just feel as though you are being treated unfairly based on one thing.  I don't accept what you have to say about Christ and Hell or even Heaven but I do accept you as a person just like myself and with all respect; if you stop saying negative things about people who don't believe things the same as you then you wouldn't feel as though your being 'attacked'. smile

I said peace to the believers, just like Messiah did.
      Love one another was spoken by Messiah to believers in Him, not mockers and scoffers. God hates mockery, He does not love it at all.

I am talking to believers only here and will leave off speaking to your posts because you do not understand and nor do you wish to either.

I just have no time for it at all.

Wisdom does not speak but to the wise.

Who said you were wise?

1. mohitmisra profile image60

lol   lol   lol   NOT ME ,  NOT ME. smile

8. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

he did pass them by for lack of attitude

1. yoshi97 profile image56

Let's rewind ... he *healed* the blind so they could see. It says so in my bible, and should also say it in yours. It's as much a metaphor as it is an actual account of events. He showed through his actions how we as humans should behave and we (as a species) learn by watching others and seeing the rewards they receive.

Christ taught wherever he stood, never caring that many of those around him cared not for what he had to say. In fact, he taught the most to those who listened the least, as they grew to understand from his actions.

He never once did anything for the people who mocked and scoffed constantly.
        He rebuked them all the time !!!

Time and time again Jesus did NOT ONE THING for people who laughed, mocked and scoffed at what He had to give.

He left His own town because they had no faith!!!

9. Eaglekiwi profile image75

I read what Shaul posted and He is not my lord wink therefore he does not get to lead me period.

Wipe your feet? yes I know that scripture also.

Let me ask you this AW,how on earth do you really know who is saved and who is not?.

I think it shows little wisdom to judge a persons eternity or faith based on a forum analysis , or indeed judge at all.

By all means have an opinion.

Signed btw by a cool hubber moi smile

You cannot judge whether or not someone will be saved, but we can judge by seeing "their fruits" whether or not they are saved now.
      They clearly demonstrate themselves to be god haters, "if He exists" as they put it.

If one hates God, denies his existance, they deny themselves salvation. By their own admissions they are not saved.

They do not want any part of this "evil, psychopathic god". As they term Him. "This invisible little irrational entity".

These words ring clear and loud to those of us ministering the gospel as we do on here from to time to them.

I choose to not engage in conversation with them any longer in the religion forum. We can all just agree to disagree then. I think that is fair for both sides. And like Shaul said, Let God deal with each accordingly, as HE sees fit. It is not for me to judge them on any of it, just to spread Gods word and yes wipe the dust from my feet, if they do not recieve it.

Why beat them over the head with the gospel? They have already heard, the seeds have been planted. Let it go and let God, I say. smile

10. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

Thank you, I consider it an honor for my name to appear with these other fine people.  They are honest people because they dare to have an opinion other than those of "believers."  Once again, many thanks.

Randy Godwin

I agree. Many of the best hubbers are on that list. it's like a V.I.P. list

I wouldnt go that far tantrum ,cuz Im not on there lol , though I just may well be headin there at this rate .

11. Sanctus Vesania profile image60
    Sanctus Vesaniaposted 14 years ago

*Eats popcorn*

Hey,  I got plenty more!  Anyone want a bag?  You can't have a good show without a nice buttery bag of popcorn.

Got any band aids?

1. Sanctus Vesania profile image60
        Sanctus Vesaniaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Alas, no.

*sobs*

12. Precious Pearl profile image75
    Precious Pearlposted 14 years ago

We are called to love not to judge unbelievers.  And although I agree that we shouldn't debate and get into word wars with each other I don't agree that we shouldn't continue to speak our hearts and beliefs. I believe that even those that are challenging to us may be touched in some way and if they aren't it isn't because I haven't tried.  We aren't supposed to not be in relationship with unbelievers for how can you reach someone that you can't touch.  We are only to come out from among them when we are being influenced instead of the other way around.  Although I see your point about getting into senseless and hurtful word wars ... we control how, when and if we respond. I believe that there may be some who are truly seeking an answer and not answering isn't the response that Jesus would give to them.  And as for the others, He loves them and died for them just as He did you and me.  I wonder what would have happened if someone had decided to put us on a "list" as someone unreachable.  Thank God, He did't do that and I won't either.

I am only talking about the consistent, deliberate mockers and scoffers who persistently ridicule the gospel and we are told to stop casting pearls to them and I am not going against this command from Messiah.

The people on the list have proven they come in here to belittle the precious gospel of Messiah.

That is what this is about.

I will spend countless hours with those who desire to know truth, not a mocker, scoffer and incorrigible.

this is not about mocking the Bible. this is about mocking you, Believers in this thread, for your ignorance

He knows that Tantrum, he just wants to command the others to shun us.  Believers are big on getting others to follow their lead.  You know, the old "power trip."

They are sheep and the Lord is their shepherd

2. profile image0

YOU DO NOT KNOW THE TRUTH TO PREACH THE TRUTH. big_smile

1. mohitmisra profile image60

YET HE INSISTS smile

13. Shaul Stein profile image60

I will talk to the sincere all day long and go without sleep to do so, but I have no time for mockers and scoffers full of hatred for the Lord I love.

14. Eaglekiwi profile image75

But you , me ,they have the right to choose !
    And if you put conditions on loving them because they chose something different then you have not given them the freedom to chose at all ,have you ?

You cannot see the fruit of their actions at all? you read what they are thinking , that is not the same as 'action' ie fruit

An evangelist was preaching one day out in the hot sun , and all his supporters sitting inside an air-conditioned building.
    My sister who didnt believe in God , bought some iced lemonade and handed him to the preacher...fruit of her action.

If  I believed some of the posts on here from Christians ,because she didnt believe, her actions (fruit) would have been dismissed.

No God looks at the heart ,action baby is in the doing NOT the saying of it.

ONCE again, you are not listening, this is talking about mockers and scoffers.

Your sister did not mock and scoff, good for her.

I have nothing further to say to you. smile

I have seen you post and you mock at times when someone is being serious.

I have no time for this.

15. Randy Godwin profile image59

Wow, I suppose this is an actual "shunning."  I've heard of those but never witnessed the outcome.  Who are we supposed to mock and scoff at now?  I know I can't get through the day without my dose of scoffing or mocking Christians.  Oh yeah, we call it logic and science but you guys know it by the other terms.  But to be honest with you, I just couldn't stand the thought of spending eternity with you guys even if I did believe.

16. Shaul Stein profile image60

AGAIN...ALL believers, do not answer the mocker, the scoffer, the ridiculer.

Cease casting, do not reply to them, resist it.

Resistit !! resist it !! resist it !!! Don't talk to us any more!! stop it now lol lol

17. Sanctus Vesania profile image60

You keep saying that you're going to stop 'casting pearls before them (non-believers)' yet you keep saying this over and over again, for what reason, I'm not sure.  Do you secretly hope that by repeating this, the unbelievers will say, "Woops!  I believe!"?

I have given this answer to people who appear to have some faith.

I do not care what the mockers / scoffers think about it.

I am only talking to believers or those who at least have some sort of faith in God.

Please see the difference. smile

I have not replied to any one on the list nor will I.

Believers need to take time with the sincere, not the arrogant!

More arrogant than you, people, impossible !! lol lol lol

1. profile image0

Yes the judging continues as if he knows what is sincere in my heart and others.

2. Eaglekiwi profile image75

Tantrum why put us all in the same boat , we are all individuals are we not wink

2. yoshi97 profile image56

Then allow me to paraphrase your words into words that a creator might find more suiting ...

Though there are those that don't believe, do not allow it to sway what you have seen and heard. Truth is not the same for all, but in our actions (not our words) do we show that good overpowers all evil that abounds.

Those who do not believe, do so because they haven't seen proof. By offering our wisdom, rather than the steel of our swords, they shall see the true love of our creator and understand why we embrace him as we do.

We do not need proof of his existence as we have already received it. For others, that proof can only come from their own heart, not our witness we had for ourselves, as we too had to learn it for ourselves.

By not arguing for the existence of our creator, and instead, allowing one to believe what they will, we prove our faith to be solid, as we do not need to argue the existence of our creator any more than anyone need argue the existence for one's self.

So, we need not ignore those that refuse to believe, but rather, understand that the good lives they lead will perhaps someday allow them to see it for themselves.

And if they should never find the way, then we shall remember them for the good that they did while they were here, refusing to bear witness to any wrongdoings, as it is not for us to judge.

It is not they who stick the spear though our soul, but is an action of our own, perpetrated by a need to force others to enjoy the love we have grown to know. But it is only a serpent who tempts another - whether the precept be good or evil - and we chose to commune the good things with one another, rather than flick our tongues like a serpent, contending ourselves as worthy of deciding the creator's will.

So allow those to be non-believers who chose not to believe, for their own good acts display the betrayal against the blackness that refuses to allow them to believe. They can believe in science if they will, as the creator made all that science explains, and in believing in science over religion, they are thus still believers in another skin.

Show me a man who believes the heavens were created from one minuscule particle of matter, and I will show you a man who believes the creation occurred, without ever having witnessed it with his own eyes.

That belief does not come from the mouth of a non-believer - that belief comes from a man who can't find himself able to put a name to his belief.

Only a man who seeks purposefully to harm others is truly a non-believer, for his mind is too closed to the creator to hear his words and learn how to behave.

Shaul, the world is overpopulated with believers ... it's just that many of them don't know that they truly believe. And science doesn't defy a creator's existence, it offers proof, for we are incapable of creating the universe we live in, and yet, something did ... and that creative energy was the creator of all that exists, all that ever will be, and one day ... all that must end.

The non-believers you speak of are people who spend their lives seeking to understand creation without blindly accepting it occurred. We seek to understand the magnificence of it all, refusing to believe one entity could be responsible, as it was such a vast task to undergo. However, to marvel at a man's painting is to marvel at the man who created it ... and that's where disbelief becomes belief, without one ever knowing their role has switched hands.

Good deeds are an act of the creator, and no man is capable of them without the creator's hand showing them how - belief or no belief. As such, you will find few non-believers, but you will find millions who are certain that belief doesn't exist.

Again I say ... if you believe in everything around you, then you already unknowingly believe in its creator, which is why I can't understand the separatism between those who believe, and those who think they don't ... as arguably they both do, but in a different way.

Call the sky blue or call it light blue ... it's still a sky. By understanding what I have said, you might finally answer for yourself the riddle ... why do some refuse to believe ... it's because they already believe with a different mind, and you are calling for them to see through your eyes, when they already can see through their own.

For those that say they don't believe ... look to the heavens at night and ask yourself ... what created all that I see before my eyes? You can offer some theories and explanations, but in the end you are forced to admit it's mostly beyond your comprehension, which is why you continue to look up to the heavens ... to understand it all. The fact that you seek knowledge tells me you believe, as you are looking at the canvas, trying to understand the creator's methods and purpose.

God bless you, Shaun, and may you grow wisdom from what I have shared with you as hate is not the opposite of love - it's indifference, and by choosing to ignore others who you find unworthy you profess an emotion other than love ... and we know our creator is all about love.

18. yoshi97 profile image56
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

I'm a believer, and I will not turn my back on my fellow man. I believe in a creator, I believe in the findings of science, and I believe in the ability of mankind to grow to become something better than they were the day before.

I also believe that the unbelievers are touched by our creator as much as they believers are, and their disbelief doesn't prevent our creator from performing great acts through them without their knowledge or recognition.

Just because one does not believe in his creator does not mean his creator does not believe in him, and our creator acts through the hearts of all mortals, regardless of their predisposition.

Look at the many acts of kindness performed by nonbelievers everyday. Are they to be sentenced for their actions or their beliefs?

As stated earlier, cold-blooded murders have been performed by those who believed with all their heart that they were acting on behalf of God. If belief is all one needs to ascend to heaven, then I fear ascension, for many will make it to heaven who do not deserve the presence of the creator.

... by the way, my great grandfather was a methodist minister who lived to a ripe old age and I attended church with him daily as a child, so while I am not up on the many versus, I have stood witness to the many lessons that were taught.

You are not getting it....the only thing GOD does with mockers and scoffers is
      HUMBLE THEM !!!

The Lord draws near to the humble and resists the proud.

You do not study the scriptures enough to understand this.

You speak kindly, but lack wisdom in this area.

It says He laughs at mockers!!! lol

1. profile image0

In other words, you're saying Jesus is for the proud.

19. Jerami profile image58

Precious pearl's  post should be posted  at the beginning of each day like a morning prayer.  As soon as we as believers can get the story right there wouldn't be as many scoffers.

20. Jerami profile image58

Watch out for the self anointed. They may not know as much as they think that they do.

While still on the cross Jesus said  forgive them for they know not what they do

1. profile image0

Yes spoken to believers and non believers alike.  smile

Right, forgive them for they know not what they do.

The people on the list admit they know what they are doing.

Have some wisdom man, please!!!

You vacillate between agreement and mockery.
      To much wishey washey.

If you have something to say to me then say it now.

Come on Jerami, this is a direct command.  You don't want to be put on the list.

21. Shaul Stein profile image60

Let the people on the list talk to themselves, ignore them.

It's not easy to resist a reply, but just give it time, it is wise.

They have proven what they want.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've tried to follow this on the politics forum...it doesn't work...

2. profile image0

Yip!  And what have you proven?  smile

22. Randy Godwin profile image59

Listen to your leader believers.  He has taken it upon himself to command your ability to shun.  He is the only person for the job.  Don't believe me, check out his hub.  How can you not trust someone with such credentials.

1. profile image0

I got credentials from the highest authority!  You wouldn't believe it though. big_smile

23. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 14 years ago

This is the kind of stuff that makes christianity look bad, because they act bad. Tisk tisk.roll

1. profile image0

Alas an real agreement between a believer and non believer. big_smile  Now I can say Shalom. big_smile

1. profile image0
        Onusonusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

scoffers and the self rightious both must be humbled

1. profile image0

I agree! But God will do it.

1. profile image0

Could you imagine if others would just let it be like this?  smile

24. Jerami profile image58

to self righteously preach against the self righteous is a sin ? Yes. I pray not to do that. There are so many lines drawn that we are not to cross that it sometimes that someone seems that they painted the floor black

Read the proverbs I posted above to see the attitude of God on the proud, the froward, the crafty, the haughty minded.

You lack understanding.

I agree that I lack understanding. that is why I shudup once in a while for I know that no one learns while their mouth is moving

2. profile image0

Are you jealous that Jerami is more Jesus like then you?  I am far more ready to respond well to a fair tempered person then one who stars off preaching "ignore" the unbelievers in which case I have never had discussion with you Shaul for you to even put me on your list. 

Actually most of the people you put on your list are a make up of believers and unbelievers or believers of a different kind.  What you did was set people apart based on your personal judgment.

You say things with nothing to back them up with which means you lack a few things that seemed most important to chirst himself. 

Compassion,
        love,
        understanding,
        acceptance,
        humility...

yet seem most full of

Pride,
        contempt,
        arrogance,
        "lies"
        nonacceptance
        and lack compassion

or shall I just say "ignorant".

25. Shaul Stein profile image60

Before you read these below, please note that I included many translations to show the whole of the meanings of the original Hebrew as English words do not carry the weight of Hebrew word for word. You will see they get the same point across though.

These show a very straightforward and matter of fact kind of mindset.

KJV - 2Sa 22:27 -
    With the pure thou wilt shew thyself pure; and with the froward thou wilt shew thyself unsavory.

NKJV - 2Sa 22:27 -     
    With the pure You will show Yourself pure; And with the devious You will show Yourself shrewd.

To the pure you show yourself pure, but to the wicked you show yourself hostile.

NIV - 2Sa 22:27 -     
    to the pure you show yourself pure, but to the crooked you show yourself shrewd.

ESV - 2Sa 22:27 -     
    with the purified you deal purely,
    and with the crooked you make yourself seem tortuous.

NASB - 2Sa 22:27 -     
    With the pure You show Yourself pure, And with the perverted You show Yourself astute.

New subject:

KJV - 2Sa 22:28 -     
    And the afflicted people thou wilt save: but thine eyes [are] upon the haughty, [that] thou mayest bring [them] down.

NKJV - 2Sa 22:28 -     
    You will save the humble people; But Your eyes are on the haughty, that You may bring them down.

NLT - 2Sa 22:28 -     
    You rescue those who are humble, but your eyes are on the proud to humiliate them.

NIV - 2Sa 22:28 -     
    You save the humble, but your eyes are on the haughty to bring them low.

ESV - 2Sa 22:28 -     
    You save a humble people,
    but your eyes are on the haughty to bring them down.

New subject:

KJV - Job 5:13 -     
    He taketh the wise in their own craftiness: and the counsel of the froward is carried headlong.

NKJV - Job 5:13 -     
    He catches the wise in their own craftiness, And the counsel of the cunning comes quickly upon them.

NLT - Job 5:13 -     
    He catches those who think they are wise in their own cleverness, so that their cunning schemes are thwarted.

NIV - Job 5:13 -     
    He catches the wise in their craftiness, and the schemes of the wily are swept away.

ESV - Job 5:13 -     
    He catches the wise in their own craftiness,
    and the schemes of the wily are brought to a quick end.

NASB - Job 5:13 -     
    "He captures the wise by their own shrewdness, And the advice of the cunning is quickly thwarted.

RSV - Job 5:13 -     
    He takes the wise in their own craftiness; and the schemes of the wily are brought to a quick end.

YNG - Job 5:13 -     
    Capturing the wise in their subtlety, And the counsel of wrestling ones was hastened,

New subject:

KJV - Job 5:12 -     
    He disappointeth the devices of the crafty, so that their hands cannot perform [their] enterprise.

NKJV - Job 5:12 -     
    He frustrates the devices of the crafty, So that their hands cannot carry out their plans.

NLT - Job 5:12 -     
    He frustrates the plans of the crafty, so their efforts will not succeed.

NIV - Job 5:12 -     
    He thwarts the plans of the crafty, so that their hands achieve no success.

YNG - Job 5:12 -     
    Making void thoughts of the subtle, And their hands do not execute wisdom.

26. Jerami profile image58

I have always said that if believers will just stop believing false interpretations then we might convince ourselves enough to tell the story correctly.  some day???

27. Jerami profile image58

I agree that the scoffers should not take up as much of the believers time but even the dogs under the table get to eat of the scraps. and also we should not EVER to forget that       WE  AINT  GOD

Dogs are not scoffers and mockers.
      That woman who said that was not either.

You lack wisdom.

2. yoshi97 profile image56

And if the non-believers left, who would you preach to?

Sorry, but if the message here is to not speak to non-believers, then count me out. It's your religious forum, and you just found yourself with one less person in it that believes.

Good night.

You are not who I was talking to sory you misunderstood

You might believe, but a lot of believers lack wisdom.
        By your own admission, you do not know the scriptures well.
        You mix humanism with them all the time in your posts.

Go study the scriptures before you try to teach another.

Would you try to teach a teacher who has been a teacher for 30 years?
        And you can harldy even cite a passage from the book he teaches from.

1. profile image0

Teachers learn the best lessons from children. smile  Could you site for me where in the Bible it says that you have the authority to preach? 

And your lack of humanism is a dead give away that you know nothing at all about life, Christ, God the Spirit or love.

2. earnestshub profile image80

If the teacher was a narrow minded hate filled zealot? Bet your bippy!

3. Shaul Stein profile image60

Again you mis the point....it's NOT the non believers, it's specifically the mockers and scoffers........read your scriptures!!!!!!

28. Jerami profile image58

God said to teach by example he didn't say to talk em to submission

29. blue dog profile image59
    blue dogposted 14 years ago

not because i'm a "v.i.p." hubber, but for another obvious reason, i'm disappointed not to have made the list.  think you could add me on?  is it too late?

you religious zealots, like tex (with a little t on his red tractor) are shamefully ignorant of your so-called facts. 

as the song goes, "if god's up there he's in a cold, dark room."

you are now on the list as per your request.

30. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 14 years ago

It is the job of a Christian to emulate the teachings of Jesus, to me that means showing a form of tolerance and respect that is stronger than the chords of death. I konw I'm not perfect in all that I say......

31. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

The name of this thread is an indictment of religion.

By the way, has anyone noticed that the sock puppet can't resist replying himself, although religionists are not "permitted" to? lol lol

He's toooo proud ! lol lol

1. Misha profile image62
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Isn't this called arrogance? wink

Racism even wink

2. profile image0

Amongst other things. wink

1. Misha profile image62

Isn't arrogance explicitly named as a capital sin in babble?

1. profile image0

Like with a capital A. lol big_smile

1. Misha profile image62

cool. Guess i do remember something smile

32. Jerami profile image58

Tantrum knows who he is talking to and so do they

of course jerami !

33. profile image0
    Royal Diademposted 14 years ago

My Bible tells me to preach the Word of God, to all, to tell them that there is some one who loves them in a loveless world.  As long as a person is alive, he or she has a chance to learn of the Lord Jesus Christ and accept eternal life from Him. 

Matthew 10:7 King James Version
    7.  And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
    Remember in Acts 8 Paul consented to the killing of Stephen for preaching the Word of God, but it was the forgiving spirit of Stephen that cause God to forgive Saul known as Paul, and it was Paul who wrote most of the New Testament.  So there is always hope, no matter how long it may take, we do not stop  to witness and preach salvation, until Christ be form in them. 

Father I ask that you will cover this person with the blood of Jesus and open their eyes to receive wisdom, revelation and knowledge of the Word of God in Jesus Name Amen!  Show love not hate show love, people are hurting, maybe this is why they reject the gospel, never give up on a soul.

I don't want to be covered by blood !! yikes yikes

1. profile image0

But...but...but... we are running out of water.  Whateva shall we do? lol

nothing! quit bathing lol

1. profile image0

lol that stinks!

Paul did what he did in IGNORANCE and even said as much.
      Ignorance is not in question here as they know what they are doing and even say as much.

You obviously have not read what they say.

I believe in Matthew 10:7 King James Version
      7.  And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Stephen forgave them because they DID NOT know what they did.

Messiah said if you do something knowingly you receive the greatest condemnation.

A BIG DIFFERENCE !!!

No hate being shown here.....only wisdom to not waste words and pearls with people who trample it under foot.

You lack understanding too.

TOO MANY cHRISTIANS FOR GET WHO THEY ARE SUPOSED TO BE STUDYING.  PAUL SAID, TIMMOTHY SAID, MATHIEW SAID.... DON'T HEAR ENOUGH...jesus... SAID

1. profile image0

Ramen!

Well then go waste yout time telling the mockers what Jesus said.
          Go right ahead....start a thread on it and have at it.

Call it "what Jesus said".......go ahead, instead of mocking in here.

You can ask me what any of them said as I am not so stupid as to study just one....so back up.

34. Eaglekiwi profile image75

Sorry meant to say Prejudice

2 a (1) : preconceived judgment or opinion (2) : an adverse opinion or leaning formed without just grounds or before sufficient knowledge b : an instance of such judgment or opinion c : an irrational attitude of hostility directed against an individual, a group, a race, or their supposed characteristics

(Mark would be so proud of my Dictionary skills big_smile)

35. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Shaul this is also called judging others

Judging - Wrongly. There are at least three types of judging: 1) correct evaluations from a heart of love, 2) correct evaluations with a negative attitude, and 3) incorrect evaluations but of other people. Jesus was talking about the first type in John 7:24, 51. But we typically practice the second and third types. James describes one type of judgment that is wrong. It is called slander.

Do not speak against one another, brethren. He who speaks against a brother, or judges his brother, speaks against the law, and judges the law; but if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law, but a judge of it. (NASB) James 4:11

Conclusion: There are two key times when we must judge others: when we see another Christian committing sin (Matt. 18:15-17; Gal. 6:1) and when we evaluate a person to be a leader in a church (1 Tim. 3 and Titus 1:7-9). We are also to evaluate false teachers. Otherwise, how do we know to avoid them (2 John 10)? May our evaluations be righteous, objective, prayerful and with a heart of love. 

Here is the rest of it, http://www.neverthirsty.org/pp/corner/read/r00269.html

that is shameful to be placing others in the open for what they believe, it is not prayerful nor meant with a heart of love, it is meant with a heart of scorn which God does not find acceptable. Did Jesus go among the sinners and point fingers? Did he mock them? This is why those who do not believe would not follow or be lead to God because of things like this. sad

Except for the grace of ..God .. THERE .. I..  BE  Jesus said to the Pharisee  "WHY ya makin all them rools" ???

You are free to waste your time with mockers and scoffers.
      Read your scriptures and find out what GOD says about doing this instead of talking off the top of your head please. smile

My people perish for lack of knowledge and understanding says GOD.

I am only talking about these people who KNOW what they are doing, not those who are ignorant. I am judging them by their deeds and words.

You need wisdom sister.

I am not speaking against my brothers, mockers are not my brothers.

The words I spoke to my brothers and sisters were to warn them of what they do.

1. profile image0

Evans- knowing you, you wouldn't take what he just said personally.  Sounds like Shaul is in need of some real brothers and sisters.

I love you Shaul, you can be my brother if you want to, Jesus said it is okay for an unbeliever to love a believer. big_smile

2. tantrum profile image61

Of course mockers are not your brothers. Mockers are you mirror big_smile  Learn from them !!

36. Shaul Stein profile image60

NLT - Job 5:13 -     
    He catches those who think they are wise in their own cleverness, so that their cunning schemes are thwarted.

37. Eaglekiwi profile image75

Yea AE kinda already said that, insert sad face here.

I guess also the fact that Christ said how we judge others ,the same measure will also apply to us/them.

One thing I do know Im far more interested in having my name written in the Lambs book ,than on some list on a forum on the Internet.

Me too!!! smile

38. Shaul Stein profile image60

Agreed sir!!!

I am only taking about wasting precious time on those who knowingly mock and scoff....do you waste your time on those people?

NO. big_smile

Yes I do . I waste some of my time in you. You're so funny ! It's almost relaxing ! big_smile

1. earnestshub profile image80

Yes, zealots are rather easy to pick off. The arrogance drips from the page! lol

Ya might be able to pick us all off, but it wouldn't be so easy if we could get the story straight.

But they are to dumb to get it straight

1. profile image0

Or too drunk on blood or is it wine?  lol

It's the same I think big_smile  That's why some believers look bloody drunk lol

1. profile image0

lol lol lol

After some of these threads, its looking like a good idea lol

I truly believe that there is a streight story.  Thing is that we gotta rip out all of the added in pages of the story. Short and sweet story.

Yes, zealots are rather easy to pick. Their arrogance drips from the page! lol

Yes!!! Because I embrace them with love just like so many others do that is what Jesus would do too!!!! smile

He did not do anything for people without them having faith.
        He did nothing for mockers and scoffers...He was not a puppet.
        He walked away from cities where He was mocked.
        You lack understanding of the scriptures.
        Go study them more.

He walked away from the cities where He was mocked.... So why don't you go away from this forum ?? Don't you follow Him ?? yikes

2. Eaglekiwi profile image75

Whoaaaaaa...and Saul hunted Christians to torture, later he was converted and became Paul...it is you my friend who needs to open your mind more.

3. profile image0

Don't be so quick to write people off man, which is the greatest commandment?

If you can't talk about religion then you can always talk about how much the dallas cowboys suck.

lol Steelers all the wayyyy wink

But the greatest of these (commandments)is Love  big_smile

39. Shaul Stein profile image60

No replies have been made from me to the mockers!!!
    I will not do it. smile

lol big_smile lol big_smile lol

Jesus would not turn the other cheek and Paul defied Jesus times 3. Jesus is love not hate. smile

http://jdstone.org/cr/files/turntheothercheek.html

Did Jesus not say love your enemies? Matthew 5:44 Luke 6:27 Do not resist them who are wicked. Read it Shaul your are naughty and Jesus would not have done such a thing. smile

You do not know the scriptures sister.....go study.
        It was Peter who denied Jesus 3 times not Paul (I think that is what you meant) (Paul also never defied Jesus...go study) and Peter was not a mocker or scoffer either....huge difference.

I do not hate them....I just refuse to answer mockers and scoffers.
        ....go study please.

ESV - 2Sa 22:27 -     
        with the purified you deal purely,
        and with the crooked you make yourself seem tortuous

NASB - 2Sa 22:27 -     
        With the pure You show Yourself pure, And with the perverted You show Yourself astute.

Love your enemies, yes, and that does not mean I have to answer to mockers and scoffers who just want to waste time.....go study more.

Jesus wasted not time with people who did not want to learn and honestly seek Him.

You are speaking of another Jesus.

Last post to you....please go study.

You're still here! It's time for you to follow Jesus !! big_smile read the posts above, please ! big_smile

I study often and I erred on a name it does not mean I do not know my Bible nor the Lord are you calling all of these people perverted that you listed? Do you know what the meaning of perversion means? You have a long way to go and certainly you would not lead a single soul to Jesus you certainly are a babe in Christ and certainly do have a long way to go, may God give you the indisight to learn and not judge, love and learn how to love and not turn the other cheek as Jesus would never ever have done such a thing, you see my Lord (Jesus Christ) Holy Bible is a loving God so he would not do what you do and if you have had a chance to read the good book front to back you will realize that it does contradcit itself and that it has been written thousands of times although in Rev. It says nobody shall add to nor remove from people have to create there own laws King James was one of them. Stick your nose in deeper and your heart will grow with love. smile

a babe that doesn't follow his Father. What a shame !!! yikes

You say the scriptures contradict themselves?
            That is a lie and you believe a lie and speak it outright.
            Please find them all and email them to me.

I am not talking about English, send them to me in Hebrew or Greek.
            Or English if you want, no contradictions. Send them all.

Yes I know what perversion is.

And you calling me a babe is pretty funny as Messiah appeared to me the first of several times some 30 years ago.

"love and learn how to love and not turn the other cheek as Jesus would never ever have done such a thing"

Is that really what He said? "and not turn the other cheek" you have it backwards for the 3rd time in this thread.

And do you even know what it means to turn the other cheek.....I suppose you will now teach Hebrew idioms to me too.

Go study and then we can talk more.

Question:
              Could Jesus (god incarnate) have hated anyone when he spoke words of forgiveness and non-resistance to wickedness? Did he not say, "Love your enemies" (Matthew 5:44, Luke 6:27), "Do not resist him that is wicked; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also" (Matthew 5:39) and, alternately, "To him that strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also" (Luke 6:29)?

Answer:
              These verses are taken as representative of the extraordinary forgiveness taught and exercised by Jesus. However, the  sublime dictum to "turn the other cheek" was not practiced by Jesus himself. According to the Gospels, Jesus preached turning the other cheek, loving one's neighbor and praying for them, and forgiving those who wrong you. When did Jesus manifest such behavior in his personal relationships, during his lifetime, for others to emulate?

You need to read there is the verse there is the answer

No need to answer you as you have said I have a demon.

Just like they told Messiah....so I am in good company.

Jesus ignored people quite often.....like I will now do with you.

You are not Jesus but I see there is a possibility that you claim that you are and you certainly are not walking like him either. No reply necessary God Bless and I will pray for you as that is what Jesus would do. smile

3. profile image0

You afraid? lol  You could learn something from EA and Kiwi and Earnest and Mark and Misha and God if you really, really tried to. big_smile

He can't learn anything from me though sad he doesn't know how to laugh ! lol

1. profile image0

Yes all comments made with the intention of humor are the devils work... laughter shall be condemned. lol  If God is the greatest eva then I am sure he has to be the funniest eva, he did make Christians after all! lol

lol lol

40. Sanctus Vesania profile image60

Shaul this is ridiculous.  Thank you for informing us believers about those 'evil non-believers'.  Now you're just beating a dead horse into the ground.

We get it!  Some people don't believe.  Some believers think that by bashing the unbelievers over the head, some how they'll repent.  Most unbelievers think that quite a few of us believers are idiots.

You are not helping the cause.

Jesus warned that many people would be blind, and no amount of preaching the gospel, judging, shunning, or even loving them is going to convert them.

smile

How do you account for the many who were christians then left the church as non believers? Are you going to explain that they were not really christians? If so I do not believe that. I know many people who have dumped religion, even late in life who were involved deeply.

You might want to look at GOD'S opinion about mockers and scoffers.
      He laughs at them.

Find fault with me if you must, I was giving charge to my brothers and sisters to stop wasting time answering these kinds of people.

So what.

These people do not want an answer for the hope that is within us so stop GIVING ONE !!!

I'm sure God doesn't laugh at us. He laughs with us !! That IF he exists big_smile

I believe you have a jealous demon, hateful demon, mocking demon I wonder if you are Satan's disciple? why in the world would you go after others who have read the Bible for years and know there Lord and Savior? You young man need to bury nostrils so deep in the word and then come back and every Christian on here will pray for you including myself. Cleanse the demons and your words would be golden. smile

41. Eaglekiwi profile image75

Ohhhhh just quit it Shaul! abandon hate and get with the love programme.

On whose authority do you speak ?

42. Jerami profile image58

And when he was still on the cross and they were  mocking him he said  " father forgive them for they know not what they do

Shaul should read that. smile

Already answered you.....they did not know what they did.

These people admit they know what they do.

Now please, go study and learn something

you lack wisdom and waste your time with tantrum who has said he is God.

lol lol lol Oh kid you are toooo much ! lol

43. Jerami profile image58

The only person that needs help around here is everybody
    I'm everbody too

Sorry jerami, but I don't need help

1. profile image0

Does financial help count?  Cause if it does... count me in! lol

44. Sanctus Vesania profile image60

I can't speak for anyone who might have left the church, and then become a non-believer.  For all I know their unbelief might be genuine, or they may have gotten sick of the church.  I myself am pretty close to leaving church altogether, but not because I don't believe.  No, it's because there's only so much BS in a church I can take.

It is possible for someone to dump religion, and still be a believer.

I believe that I am a believer. Gotta be careful what we believe in.  I believe the red words

Not only is it possible to be a believer and dump religion is it also highly recommended wink

Type in red, oh King James version? because ..ok ne'ermind smile

I'm goina be really bad  I mean really bad.  I have often wondered !!!  Martin Luther really busted up the Church about selling indulgences.  Did today's churches put that on the lay away plan???  I'm not saying, Just curious??

45. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

I honestly sought God and I honestly sought Jesus and I honestly found that all religion is false and honest and real love comes from the heart not from descriptions found in a book.

I wish you would stop Shaul.  You do not love and you are what your book calls one who says they believe but does not otherwise you would love and appreciate the differences in people and embrace others with love and compassion because you understand.

But you don't understand and apparently you don't know how to read very well.  When you are wrong and your brothers and sister believers and non believers alike are telling you, you are wrong... then you are wrong.

46. Shaul Stein profile image60

3 hours and already 180 posts....truth is a mirror.

I have not replied to a single person on the list and I will not until they want to learn something.

You need to learn a lot , kid. such a baby !!! For your Christ sake !!! big_smile

2. profile image0

Would you like to learn something?  Isn't it your gods rule to treat others the same as you would like to be treated.  Therefor if you would like a person from your list to learn from you then you should also feel inclined to learn from them as well.

Whatever you think you know is a fraud and the most blind of them all would never know it.

3. Eaglekiwi profile image75

To note 3 hrs and 180 posts would indicate the mirror is reflecting the sin of Pride and Arrogance.

It certainly his but he is new in the word and he will learn God will guide the yearling one way or another. big_smile

But cant I just help show him the way a teeny weeny bit sis  big_smile
          I wont hurt much I promise lol

47. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

We should state our position and allways be ready with help or encouragement. If we determine it's not going anywhere productive then leave with an open invitation to answer civil questions any time in the future. I don't like 'Black-listing' it puts Chritians in a position that could be interpreted as judging. People who are just plain insulting need to be ignored and should be by both sides.

Yep....that is what I am saying...the mockers and scoffers are to be ignored totally.smile

He is also speaking about you.smile

People who are just plain insulting need to be ignored and should be by( both sides.)

Forgive him! Shaul is  only a kid playing he's a grown up ! He should go to study !! Seriously !! big_smile

2. Eric Graudins profile image60
        Eric Graudinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, I'm just an interested observer, so please ignore me too.

I'm continually amazed how threads like this grow like wildfire.
        This one has had 230 posts in 4 hours.

Nothing is ever settled.
        Nothing is ever learned.
        Nobody's opinions or thoughts are ever changed.

Just lots of same old, same old tirades, bashing, cutting and pasting, and general ill will.
        (With an occasional bright spot of humour, almost exclusively from a non religious person)

Bye now.
        sorry for the interruption.

Gee Eric, you have to be on the scoffer mocker list to post here.  Don't go gettin' cocky.LOL

1. Eric Graudins profile image60
            Eric Graudinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm up near the top of that list, but these days I can't be bothered gnawing through the straps. :LOL:

48. Shaul Stein profile image60

I have love, the kind GOD has, and HE does not tolerate mockery and scoffing at HIM.

Go study.

Go study !! big_smile  Nice 'love' example ! big_smile

2. profile image0

Luke 14:26 if anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he cannot be my disciple.

Sounds more like the Devil then it does the God of Love.

There are quite a few books contained in the bible.  One might note that there are only two, some might call it the Tree of Good and Evil.

For those who take from it learn of two things, Good and Evil.  Jesus says, "look for what is good."  If you judge people based on what you believe is bad than there isn't any justice or truth in you and you are not a wise or righteous judge and you are not a judge at all.

Jesus judges what is good because good judges what is good.  Likewise, evil judges evil because it takes evil to know it is evil and measure it's worth.

If you continue to judge what you believe is wrong then assuredly, the only judgment that could come against you is the one that judges in the same manor.

So it is to my understanding and my personal wisdom and divine intervention and "authority" to disclose to whomever wants to understand it, that all of the bible is true by two degrees and what you read and take from it is only a window into your own soul.

Internal damnation is brought forth not by any god or anything outside yourself but what you put out into the world in received back.  This is not a new age principal but has been with you since before you picked up the bible.

Jesus wants to turn the other cheek in hope of stopping the perpetual cycle "revenge" and there is no better way to stop the "madness" then to stop judging people for their inequities, their hardships, their misfortunes, their words, their mistakes of the past and put forth your very best effort to love in the eyes of good.

There are people out there who have no reason to forgive those who have hut them in the worst of ways yet they do and when I hear of these things I think to myself that if there really is a heaven... they deserve to go there.

But when I hear of those who cannot even accept someone because of a belief I think... I hope they are not disappointing to find out they didn't make it to heaven.

49. blue dog profile image59
    blue dogposted 14 years ago

gee, thanks for adding me, shaul, you're a swell guy.  i'm sure your god is looking down, smiling upon you. 

from his "cold, dark room." 

it has to be dark, and sinister.  what else could explain this thread,  with animals like you spouting your despicable self-righteous nonsense?

Welcome to the club !! big_smile

50. atomswifey profile image57
    atomswifeyposted 14 years ago

When truth and love thus go together, and yet the message of God is rejected and despised, it leaves men without excuse, and turns to a testimony against them

And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them.

Nowhere in scripture does it tell us to go back over and over and over again until they come to that knowledge.

The seeds are planted, they will either grow or not. To argue and debate endlessly is not making God anymore clear to them and not joining in further debate with them is not refusing them of anything except a further debate.

I have been contributing my thoughts and beliefs in the religion forum ever since I first signed up with hubpages. Which was not that long ago. But long enough to see that no matter what the discussion, topic, posts etc. There are those ones who continue to mock and blaspheme God, His Word, and His Son (Jesus).

Those that Shaul pointed out do this continually. No matter what manner or effort we engage with them.
    So it is "fruitless" to continue those debates with them.
    The seeds are planted, let God continue to grow them!

It is not as though we are stopping from ministering the gospel all together or even to them. They will see and can read what we write in posting topics, responding to other topics etc. But why continue to argue and or debate with someone who is not willing to receive what you say?

A good example is on the other thread Shaul started.(Something to realize? Imagine this and Imagine that? Do you know this)?
    As soon as he wrote it I responded as did earnest and tantrum. Look at what they had to say.
    Just take a look for yourselves.
    Was it on topic?
    Were they curious about it or asking any questions pertaining to it?
    No. They just mocked us, again, as usual.
    So we wipe the dust from our feet and move on.
    What is so wrong about that?
    They are constantly telling us anyway to stop spreading our garbage about God to them. This way they can find no argument with us now can they?

You asked for it. So why complaining ??You come over and over  again. So suit yourself !  big_smile

2. Sanctus Vesania profile image60
      Sanctus Vesaniaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nothing is wrong with that, but Shaul is not following his own advice.  Yeah, he claims that he's not talking to the unbelievers, but in doing so he's now passing his judgments to the believers. 

It's getting rather sad.

Saying to them to stop wasting their time on mockers and scoffers is judgment?

No, it is an admonition to do what Messiah said.

RIGHT ON!!!!!!

RIGHT ON TO NONSENSE !! lol

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)