Is Shaul Stein Really A Believer?

Jump to Last Post 1-31 of 31 discussions (95 posts)
  1. AEvans profile image74
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

I have spent a little time on a thread where Shaul has turned the other cheek on believers , mocked non-believers instead of embracing them.

No need to answer you as you have said I have a demon.

Just like they told Messiah....so I am in good company.

Jesus ignored people quite often.....like I will now do with you.

His statement is above when I clearly pointed out on his thread what the word of God was,now he believes he is the next best thing to the Messiah and nobody but himself is a believer with the exception of one. I am not her to push my beliefs whatsoever I am trying to understand as a Christian why another believer is not embracing the Book if they believe and why they are judging others, the Book I believe teaches me to love, forgive, not judge, not backslide, not blasphemy it does not teach us to place other people's names on the forum and call them mockers! My book is the Holy Bible! So my question after the great debate ," Is Shaul Stein really a believer? Or is he trying to gain knowledge? Another believer would not ignore another person and a teacher of God would give others knowledge what he is saying certainly is not Godly so without argument can this question be answered?

1. chukra G profile image60
      chukra Gposted 14 years agoin reply to this

non-believer doesnt exist. believe me.

AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I do.smile

1. chukra G profile image60
          chukra Gposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thank you smile

2. atomswifey profile image58
      atomswifeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I will answer this way:
      I do not believe the ones Shaul stated are mockers because you he stated they were.
      some of the ones that I have encountered on here are mockers because if you read what they have written they do mock and blaspheme God, His word and His Son.

So I ask you, is it right for us as believers to do and back and forth argument about to God to someone who calls Him a psychopath? A small, tiny, invisible nothing as he does not exist?
      Should we fight over these words?
      No.
      All shaul was pointing out was that we are not to argue with them. Those that are not seeking, those that choose to come into debate with us for the sole purpose of arguing, mocking and blaspheming God.

How do we know that is their sole intention?
      Read their posts.
      Are they asking questions?
      sticking to the topic?
      Not so, they go way off topic to mock and blaspheme.

Not all and not all the time but most and most of the time.

In those cases when that happens, I as a believer have chosen to not engage with them. Wipe the dust from my feet and move on.

I find it a bit ironic for anyone to jump into an attack on Shaul as being a fellow believer and seeing this the way he does and yet, nobody has the inclination to defend or otherwise engage the nonbelievers when they mock and blaspheme God and His believers.

When they call God a psychopath and His believers, ignorant, dumb, crazy, lunatics, irrational, etc etc etc. Where are all of you then? Do you jump in say, "wait a minute here, that is wrong!..." No I don't think so, since rarely has this happened to me while I was being attacked for my beliefs.

There are some who agree with me and state their beliefs next to mine. But to accuse the nonbelievers of any wrong doing in their mockery, blaspheme etc. I have yet to see.

I can only judge on this as I have defended not only my own beliefs but others as well. And too I have witnessed though rarely, other believers, like myself being defended.

But yet, in here we see where one makes a thread and is jumped on immediately for it form both sides. AND WHO IS THE ACCUSER OF THE BRETHREN I WOULD ASK ALL OF YOU!

Jesus said, we know them by their fruits. We can in that regard "judge" people. We can judge based on what we see. And what I have seen through reading their own admissions of not just doubt, but arrogant and blatent disbelief. Arrogant and blatent disregard for anyone introducing truth to them about God or His word, or the salvation message through His son, Jesus. That is the truth!

3. Daniel Carter profile image63
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just find it excessively odd that Jesus hung out with the reprobates, outcasts and sinners, and shunned the portion of society that claimed they were the righteous ones (Pharisees and Saducees), and yet, somehow the general Christian believer fights that to the extreme. They can't be tainted by such, I guess. Must condemn. "We" won't listen, so they condemn? (Seems that way, at least.)

How did this behavior become Christian behavior?

If this is who God really is, why do I want to know him? I forget. Sounds like he's more like a devil to me.

The more that some of our community here hiss and scream and wring their hands and tell me I'm going to hell, the more people like me are provoked to disagree, and then there is the argument, because they have to be right at all costs, which means arguing and bad feelings, etc. Where is the love in all that? I can't see it. LOVE??? Among believers??

Strange psychodrama, this religion stuff. So not rational. It's justification for any person to act like foolish, childish, and very, very badly.

That's what I think, which really, in the end isn't important. I just need to act consistently with my own values and principles. That's what it finally comes to in the end, I believe.

1. Daniel Carter profile image63

BTW, I'm actually not a nonbeliever. I just don't buy in to the crap of most believers, nor do I think that the universe runs the way most believers say it does. I just don't know. There isn't enough evidence for me make a conclusion, and so it's just a journey, and there are lots of interesting people along the way.

1. smokenchic profile image61
          smokenchicposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I like your answer. smile

2. profile image0
          Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

the univers goes towards the left...or was it the right? lol just kidding. Good answer Daniel I like you! smile you are cool in my books!

Thanks, my friend. You are Ever Groovy in my book as well. Love what you have to say. Keep it up! Waving with the cheerleading squad for you.

Hmmmmm, I'm feeling a few regrets about spilling all this stuff, only because it feels rather personal. Nonetheless, I may be hard hitting at times, but it isn't an attack on a person, it's the hard hitting skepticism about irrational beliefs that will never add up in an eternity. What if railroad really does run a different direction? Wouldn't you ultimately want to find out? I think that's what believers and nonbelievers are saying to each other. Why is that so threatening?

2. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

He isn't a believer, just someone who wants his opinion heard and not care about others opinion's

I figured as much and his words are not necessary now he is defining the word mock he certainly is not 48.big_smile

3. profile image0

Is that what he said his age is? 48? Couldn't be lol

I was going over the thread and he said he was 48 young I find that hard to believe especially by his maturity on the forum. lolololo smile

1. mobilephone guide profile image59
        mobilephone guideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

divide by three, that would be 16.

You are quite smart indeed I never thought about that. big_smile
          So he is not supposed to legally be on here until he is 18. smile

4. profile image0

I think Mobile might have something there lol

5. mayhmong profile image77
    mayhmongposted 14 years ago

Thanks for clearing that up!

6. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

We have a show in Australia asking "Do you know more than a fifth grader", and they usually know more about the world than the adults. In the case of Shaul they would need to reduce that to 3rd grade for science. He knows nothing about it, and would be better to just say so, than arguing with those on here who do have a real science education. smile
    As far as religious beliefs even as a non believer it is easy to see how most people fall outside his narrow confines. smile

So true he is a nimwit.smile

7. profile image0

Yep if no one sides with him then they are to be shunned. Looks like msot of the people on hubpages are on that list. woohoo party and he ain't invited

8. Sanctus Vesania profile image59
    Sanctus Vesaniaposted 14 years ago

Is it ironic that as I type this I'm listening to Voltaire's "God Thinks"?  How appropriate that the song fits so very well.

'God thinks all people like you are hateful
    God thinks all people like you are an embarrassment to creation
    Self righteous, judgmental, first to throw the stone
    And you're using His name for your own agenda.'

If he was a believer he wouldn't be posting messages as the ones he did, and then spend most of his time tossing out judgments which amount to nothing more than, "You don't believe as I do, go study Bible, you are ignorant."

1. profile image0

AMEN Sanctus!

2. AEvans profile image74

I agree with you and I would love to hear that song.smile

1. Sanctus Vesania profile image59
        Sanctus Vesaniaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't know how to embed videos, and this is really just the song.

Enjoy!

God Thinks

9. profile image0

I notcied that Shaul has gone quiet...ooooo lol

1. profile image0
      wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ran outta red ink!  lol

2. mobilephone guide profile image59

no, he just doesn't have anyone to reply to. he blacklisted almost everyone.

1. profile image0

this is true...so sad he has no friends here anymore

1. mobilephone guide profile image59

he'll be back, on another account.

10. AEvans profile image74
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

That should teach a 16 year old a lesson! lololo black listing people child's play, and Sanctius thank you for the link to the song! smile

Welcome!

Now that was very good!!! I certainly did enjoy it. smile

Glad you liked it.  smile

I really did and when I visit WLY tomorrow I am going to upload it. smile

11. profile image0

He posted his stupid message to link to his other post about the list in another religious forum. oh how sad

I didn't realize that it certainly is sad.

12. profile image0

ugh don't ruin it for me mobile lmao yea I know he will...and we'll be ready lmao

13. profile image0

okay off to bed. night guys and don't behave lol

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

goodnight smile

14. Colebabie profile image61
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

AE, thought you were going to sleep? smile

15. Montana Farm Girl profile image60
    Montana Farm Girlposted 14 years ago

I did have to comment on his post... very disturbing!!

I agree and he hasn't stopped as of this morning and to think when he first started I became a fan he is a strange one along with atomswifey.smile

1. profile image0

Maybe they are one in the same?

16. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

shaul stein is a believer of his own flaws. He's a believer in Error and Mislead. So a new branch of Christianity has been created in this forum !! hallelujah !!

17. profile image0

Coool! one I don't want to be in nor respect. lol

18. profile image0

*gasp* the other one got closed so we can't comment anymore sad lol

1. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes! Because I'm a SLMan lol

1. profile image0

LMAO okay fine I'll blame you for getting it closed lol

2. profile image0
      rednckwmnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

NO WAY!! Religion threads get closed?

Well, sh**, ya'all! That just completely nullifies the compliment to gain such notoriety with Shaul in the other thread. Dang howdy.

But my, my, my that was a good rant. I'm glad I found it before they shut it down.

We could be devils and copy and paste *certain* portions in subsequent new threads, eh?

(Devil that I am...)

lol lol Why not ??

Um, because I'd MUCH rather lay blame on someone else....LOL
          Are you up for it, Tantrum???
          (just kiddin')

2. profile image0

lmao go for it

19. profile image0

Yep apprently they do rednckwmn...guess someone got their feelings hurt and it got closed.

20. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Gypsies..... Pack up and move to a more Holier thread.... Our host here is a sweetie instead the host of that other thread; whom I believe is the angry mistake of a Rabbi's cut of the wrong appendage! lol

1. profile image0

Oooo Pearl there is visual I didn't need about the rabbi and snip snip.. lol

2. Daniel Carter profile image63

[GASP!!!]

[Feigns shock and disgust]

I think that I shall never see
      A twig de-leafed so shamelessly.

21. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Well exactly.... Yet some still wish to waggle their BS and fall apart when it is returned. How sad... hmm

22. profile image0

Yes Pearl it is sad...it is...but hey it is always good for a good laugh right? big_smile

23. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Kidding too lol I'm not going to get banned for someone as atomswifey ! big_smile

Ahhhh, c'mon. Purdy puhleeeeeeze?

LOL

Me ? yikes......yikes big_smile lol cool

Tantrum, you know I'm just pullin' your chain! I'm always looking for someone to blame it on!! LOL You rock, my man. I wouldn't ever want you to go away. I'm just teasin'. (But you knew that.)

cool

24. profile image0

lol don't worry guys we have had our fun and I'm sure others will post something like that again.

25. profile image0

lol tantrum you don't have to don't worry. We don't want you to get banned either. we would miss you. Oh did yuo see? Atomswifey is now going after me..how cute is that? She made a stupid comment I commented back and now she put my comment in her new thread about the sky being blue. How cute! LMAO NOT

she's an undercover troublemaker ! lol

1. profile image0

Yea wouldn't be surprised. lol oh well I'm done with her..she bores me now

Yeah! She's getting really boring. Same thing all the time!

26. profile image0

yep...that is what happens with stale bible thumpers and those who think they are right all the time. lmao

27. Valerie F profile image60
    Valerie Fposted 14 years ago

You know, is it really nice to devote a thread to judging a certain poster's character and relationship with God? That strikes me as the sort of behavior that would only prove to Shaul he's right to establish and add to his blacklist.

I mean, who wants to be bothered with a bunch of gossips who talk smack about people behind their backs?

1. profile image0

We weren't talking behind his back...he just wouldn't actually listen or read the posts

2. tantrum profile image60

Shaul stein  and atomswifey  know perfectly well what I think of them. So why are you acting so ignorant and offensive and rude ?? I never talk behind backs.  You should apologize ! sad

3. tantrum profile image60

You make me laugh !! lol lol .lol:

28. Valerie F profile image60
    Valerie Fposted 14 years ago

I wasn't specifically accusing you, Tantrum.

Really ?? yikes Well I was talking with another hubber , just when you wrote your post. So....

29. profile image0

LMAO Hey Daniel aren't you supposed to be working? that was the last thing you said to me on the other thread that got closed. lol

I PRETEND to work and the PRETEND to pay me.
      wink

1. profile image0

OOOOOOH I want a job like that LMAO

smile
          Me too...except, I want one where I pretend to work and they pay me big bucks. That hasn't happened yet. Amway didn't seem like a good alternative for it either...

1. profile image0

Yea the big bucks sounds better to me

30. atomswifey profile image58
    atomswifeyposted 14 years ago

I find it rather interesting that the thread naming some unbelievers gets taken off reply and yet this one targeting a member in a very personal way remains open. hmmm? funny.

Interesting isn't it and I have requested that this one be closed myself no longer a debate. smile

1. profile image0

you did AEvans? aaaa we are just talking now. sad

I did but we will be able to meet in another thread we do not need anymore conflict regarding the topic see you in a little bit. smile

1. profile image0

Okay AEvans as long as we get to flap our jaws together lmao

We will !!! big_smile

2. Daniel Carter profile image63

Perhaps there aren't enough complainers here?

BWAH HA HA HA HA....

(Gotta laugh a little. Not worth being mad....)

I'm certainly not upset but the whining is beginning and I do not have enough cheese to give. lolololo ((( Big Hugs)) smile

2. aka-dj profile image65
      aka-djposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just noticed that. "Closed to reply"???
      I haven't had a chance to post on that thread, so I will "vent" here.
      I am glad that Shaul named those he named. The list had a few new namesI wasn't familiar with. The thing is thet he is spot on. They ARE mockers, and I had been contemplating exactly what he suggested us to do. Not respond to their (often stupid and nasty) comments to believers.
      If you, or anyone else thinks they are seeking knowledge, you are mistaken. Their posts show what manner of intent they posses.
      But, that's just my opinion. I am entitled to it, aren't I? big_smile

Yup.

1. atomswifey profile image58
          atomswifeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Isn't freedom of expression a great thing?! smile

31. profile image0

So Daniel...what is your job anyways? back to more important things then people blabbing about nothing...

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)