jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Relationship by blood of 2 Josephs, if there's any

1. nick071438 profile image55
    nick071438posted 7 years ago

Please point out blood relationship of 2 Josephs, if there's any.

I am referring, first, to Joseph who as a boy was sold as a slave to Egypt by his brothers and, second, to Joseph who became Jesus' foster father and Mary's husband.

Are these Josephs one and the same person? 

I believe clarification on this point will be welcomed by all persons regardless of religion.

1. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Joseph, sold to the egyptians ,in hebrew is Yehoshua
      Joseph ,mary's husband ,in hebrew is Yosefyah
      Anyway they can't be the same person. Different dates of birth
      Yehoshua aprox. 1700 BC
      Yosefyah aprox 50 BC

2. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 7 years ago

Appart from a theologist I don't think many people would care. It's rather irrelevant.
    You don't seem much interested as well,as you never answered back.

3. nick071438 profile image55

tantrum- good morning

thank you very much for your answer.  If it will not bother you so much, please refer me to any reading material I may read regarding the 2 Josephs.  Rest assured that I've full trust in you and your info given me.  I only want myself to be fully satisfied.  Again- my heartfelt gratitude- tantrum for your help.

1. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You can Google the names I've given you above. Or you can look them down in the Bible. Hope this helps. cheers!

4. darkside profile image81
    darksideposted 7 years ago

The first Joseph you refer to is written about in the Old Testament...

"The story of Joseph is told in Genesis, chapters 37-50" Source

The second one is in the New Testament.

Even a devout atheist who doesn't deny the Bible as at least being a historical document would know that they're not the same person.

And as Tantrum has suggested, I wouldn't get too hung up on it.

5. nick071438 profile image55

Tantrum, are you in the darkside?  Or darkside, do you have a tantrum?  Well. gentlemen. please don't get me wrong.  I'm just joking.  Thank to both of you for giving me the clarification which I have long wanted.  Guys like you are truly a help.  May the best of everything be unto you. Since the question has now been fully answered, I decide that the curtain of this particular query will now draw to a close.

working