laws of war in islamic jihad .

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (112 posts)
  1. turguman profile image60
    turgumanposted 14 years ago

many people asked about islam & jihad so i brought some scripts about it to let people know that islam not only was forgiving but also put the basis of modern laws of war this is not every thing there is more & more scripts but this will give the general idea about the whole thing

During his life, Muhammad gave various injunctions to his forces and adopted practices toward the conduct of war. The most important of these were summarized by Muhammad's companion, Abu Bakr, in the form of ten rules for the Muslim army:
        "Stop, O people, that I may give you ten rules for your guidance in the battlefield. Do not commit treachery or deviate from the right path. You must not mutilate dead bodies. Neither kill a child, nor a woman, nor an aged man. Bring no harm to the trees, nor burn them with fire, especially those which are fruitful. Slay not any of the enemy's flock, save for your food. You are likely to pass by people who have devoted their lives to monastic services; leave them alone."

These injunctions were honored by the second Caliph, Umar, during whose reign (634–644) important Muslim conquests took place. These principles were also honoured during the Crusades, as exemplified by sultans such as Saladin and al-Kamil. For example, after al-Kamil defeated the Franks during the Crusades, Oliverus Scholasticus praised the Islamic laws of war

commenting on how al-Kamil supplied the defeated Frankish army with food: "Who could doubt that such goodness, friendship and charity come from God? Men whose parents, sons and daughters, brothers and sisters, had died in agony at our hands, whose lands we took, whom we drove naked from their homes, revived us with their own food when we were dying of hunger and showered us with kindness even when we were in their power."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_mi … isprudence

1. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A  noble person like Muhammad is bound to have noble rules.

Like Krishna he married the wife's of his slain opponents in battles  giving them honour. smile

1. aka-dj profile image65
        aka-djposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's it, kill a man so you can "honor" his wife!

You have gone in a different tangent just because his name is not Jesus. If his name was Jesus you would have praised his actions.

Prophets have had to fight at times ,Jesus whipped the money lenders, was that fine with you?
          Obviously since his name is Jesus and you fail to see divinity anywhere else because you dont know divinity or god. smile

turgumanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

who`s wife what are you talking about ? what kind of books are you reading or who reads for you ?!

Be nice and I may answer your question since you have difficulty in reading. smile

2. profile image0
            sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jesus wouldn't do that so the comparison isn't relevant. Jesus threw the money changers out of Gods temple for their disrespect. Jesus never raised a weapon of any kind for any reason as far as I know.

Let me get this straight, Krishna kills his opponents then has sex with the dead mans wife and that does her honor? Oh, go stone yourself. No more hashish for you!

There have been warrior prophets in case you have never read about them.
              The dead mans wife would have probably got raped and lived a miserable life so he married them giving them honour.

Now do you get it ?

Ranked over the Bible my friend  , tell Jesus to stone himself before you tell me.

1. profile image0

Look, I just thought you were cute so I was trying to be nice to see where it might go. Ok!OK! Don't stone yourself but no more hashish!

Repeating this for you tell Jesus before you tell me. smile I speak the truth . smile

1. profile image0

You may be honest but many before you have not and we know how Islam feels about infedels. You are not bound to speak the truth to us and shareea law says its ok to decieve us.

You want to be accepted by Jews and Christians bring us the murders among you as an act of goodwill. I can promise you if the islamic community does this you'll get alot farther with main stream America. You know who they are ,we don't, help put an end to terrorism and the possibilities are endless.

2. turguman profile image60

well i have nothing to do with Mr Krishna i was talking about my religion

2. Pearldiver profile image69
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

The History of Saladin and his rival Richard the Lion Heart is very interesting as both were exceptional leaders and clearly had a great deal of respect for eachother. 
    It was writen that in battle; when Richard was seen by Saladin to have had his horse killed from under him; Saladin sent him a new horse so that he may continue to fight on horseback. 
    I think many leaders would have done the exact opposite. Perhaps, had opposing religious beliefs not got in the way... they would have been good friends? hmm

it`s ethics that no body cares for it`s old fashioned now when crusaders entered jerusalem they killed every muslim living in it everyone ( i wonder if we are terrorist why we always killed in large numbers by " non-terrorists" all the time ?!) they made mosques pigs yards & remove every script on the walls but when saladin intered he didn`t do the same & that was because he was a religious man

3. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

Did he say it was ok to fly planes into buildings? Or strap bombs onto teenagers to set off in hotels or markets? I missed all the outpouring of sympathy from Muslims after 9/11 or anytime a bomb is detonated in Israel, but I have seen Muslims cheer for the killing of innocents!

The human is a sadist irrespective of his religion.Atrocities have been committed by men of all religions and by athesits.

1. profile image0
        A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I know you are right but you seem to be praising the fact that a prophet gave you a set of rules that are not being followed. I am talking about Muslims denouncing these acts whether it occurs in Iraq the US or Israel, I don't see the outcry from Muslims against it!

I know Muslims who hate all this and say these guys are not Muslims as Islam is a religion of peace and Jehad is an inner battle .Some of my friends are Muslims and they are peace loving people.You cannot label everyone as a fanatic. smile

1. profile image0

You may know them but I have not seen them! I always here it is a religion of peace but I have not seen any evidence of it. I have seen plenty of evidence to the contrary!

Its hard to believe you have not met any nice Muslims who are non violent.

1. profile image0

I don't know if I have met any Muslims or not, I don't usually ask people what their religion is. I have met Arabic men who after 9/11 started wearing cowboy hats and speaking Spanish! Were they peaceful non violent men? They haven't done anything to me, but as I said I do not know their religion!

You cannot blame the religion but the greed and foolishness of man.

"Your glory is such,
                  Man asks for too much."

Sadly some believe they are doing the right thing and stupidly believe they will go to heaven by committing such bullshit.

i wonder why most americans see others sins & can`t see their own ! this is very dangerous specially for people who wanna rule the planet !
              man your country spelled blood as no other country did in the history of humanity since it was set up till now ! how can`t you see that! american heros only seen in films iam not saying that just to abuse i am just asking you not to be brain washed about yourselves, what did islam do to you or to any? , bin laden is not islam if you mean so ! you made him ! visit my hubs about palestinian children & you will know how ! , you wanna know what islam taught me " god raise fair nations even if they disbelieve & put down unfair nations even if they believe " i will stay stuck to such good words even if some people didn`t like this .

1. mobilephone guide profile image60
                mobilephone guideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

excuse me. i have skimmed your hubs about palestine children. i ask you this, are these videos excusable?
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkNE__TiMZo
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyATtyhQpnE
                religion aside, THAT is not acceptable
                if, this happens to be true, then i'm not surprised why a lot of children die.
                is this a black propaganda? it seems suicidal, half meant.

benefit of the doubt. enlighten us. tell me what you think.

do you really think that a child who lost his father or mother or both or his dear brothers need somebody to tell him to hate the killer ?! i show you the most hideous acts that a child may face in the history & you show me mickey mouse & puppet show ?!
                  ok i`ll ask everybody to view that hub & judge

http://hubpages.com/hub/children-of-pal … ht-to-live

watch this also about baised american media

http://hubpages.com/hub/Israeli-Palesti … -oppressor

a puppet show, in that kind of form, showed to every kid in the city... you don't think that's serious? isn't that called, brainwash? use your common sense.

if a kid watched that, they don't NEED a dead family to hate them.

hideous acts? in war, it's always hideous!

no he didn`t just like jesus didn`t say bomb whole towns full of citizens with tons of bombs & missiles & depleted uranium to destroy people`s future as well as destroying there current life

1. profile image0

What does Jesus have to do with this? Did I mention him? Are Christians the ones bombing villages or is it the Military which is made up of all religions including Islam. In your rush to defend Islam you seem to forget it was Islamic terrorists that attacked the US. What did you think we would do, bake you cookies!

muslims were killed too in 9/11 isn`t it ?!
          the difference is
          you voted for bush while we didn`t vote for bin laden !
          you invaded two countries & support the ugliest racism in the history , you invaded iraq killed hundreds of thousands (these are very high scores in fact , congratulations!) is this enough nooooooo let`s destroy their future depleted uranium will do the job for next 4.5 million years ( you breake your old scores again!).

1. profile image0

Probably a good idea to keep your Muslim lunatics in line or we wind up doing it for you, find Bin laden and bring him to us, we will make sure he gets the justice he deserves. Keep making excuses for Muslim terrorists and you will always be a victim!

big_smile truth hurts isn`t it

1. profile image0

Truth hurts? You are the one whining about Muslims dying, I'm just telling you how it could be stopped. If your goal is to keep thumbing your nose at us don;t be surprised when we swat your hand away!

whining ! big_smile i was just trying to give you the right image about yourselves & who should be called terrorists

& so as to be fair i know americans who refused occupation , some standed & sacrificed themselves defending palestinian children they didn`t need me to whine big_smile to be good people it`s something they were born with
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0aEo59c7zU

4. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

People that can see beyond their religions (and noses) are far and few indeed. hmm

Very true and sad. smile

well religions are made to keep lifes & if you read what i wrote religion make people more humane like saladin if some people were not that`s their own problem &  lack of religion won`t make them more good religion put limits to human illegal pretensions so if such people have no limits they will be more destructive

5. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

Anyway, about the rules and flying planes into buildings? Mohamed gave the thumbs up or what?

Muhammad existed fifteen hundred years back how could he give the thumps up?

A lot of wars have been created by Christians and you cannot hold Jesus responsible for it. smile

1. profile image0

I am not blaming Mohamed, I am asking if Islam is a religion of peace then why don't I see any Muslims denouncing Jihad? Thats all!

There are many Muslims who say Jehad is in internal war with oneself and not an outer war where you kill some one else.

The core of Islam is considered to be Sufism which propagates the onessnes of god and religions and is totally against violence and fanaticism smile

1. profile image0

Well they have brought it to my Country and made it an external war, I am not here to pick a fight with you, I was just astounded somebody was praising the fact that Jihad has rules but the rules are ignored!

I know you are not picking up a fight me me I can see you are a decent person. I am half a Hindu and half a Parsee but having read about the great prophet Muhammad and Sufism I cannot help but have immense respect for them.

1. profile image0

OK I appreciate the attempt at an explanation and wish you the best! Goodnight!

Welcome and goodnight.

2. video lost profile image58
          video lostposted 14 years agoin reply to this

JIHAD means to strive and struggle. There is a Sahih Hadith (sayings of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)) whose theme is that there are different types of jihad depending upon the situation.

when a person struggles against his/her own evil inclinations – it is jihad
          when a person takes care of his / her aged parents – it is jihad
          when a person goes to Haj – it is jihad
          when a person speaks a single word of truth in front of a tyrant ruler – it is jihad.
          when a person jumps into a battle field, killing the trouble makers and murderers in the land  - it is jihad.

it's your misconception which you got from international media. Jihad means to strive and struggle, it does not mean HOLY WAR. On the other hand, In some books of the Old Testament (for example, Joshua) commandments are given to commit horrible violence against non-Jewish peoples. Mass murder is commanded, with no regard for women, children or the elderly. This merciless savagery is totally against God's justice. Take for instance, the black history of CRUSADERS. Also the hisotory of SALAH UDIN AYUBI who when entered Jerusalam pardoned each and every non muslim whether Jews or Christians and let them with the fair choice of stay in peace or leave in peace.

Yes, cutting throats and killing innocents is not Jihad but DON’T put full stop there. Also the atomic bomb which the Americans used on Hiroshima, the massacre of innocent Jews by Hitler (Rothschild / Freemason), the slaughter of innocents in Palestine by the hands of Israel, the butchery of Afghanistan, Iraq and tribal areas by Americans can not be justified by any law of the world for only one person - Osama Bin Laden.

Almost 30 years back history shows that the militant muslims were first bought, trained and supplied with weaponry, money and food by zionists for their personal gains to control the whole world, for instance, Osama Bin Ladin who was an engineer in US and had a close relationship with Bush family, took the responsibility from US to start retaliation against Russia in Afghanistan about 30 years back with the full support from zionists and their agents in different territories.

It would have been so nice if you had defended the meaning of Jihad without trying to put some other religion down.

1. video lost profile image58

I cant hide the truth. If it's mentioned in Bibles then why you are ashamed of.

There are things mentioned in the Holy Quran which can easily be mocked at.
                Look at the good in all religions and prophets and understand the oneness of god.

3. turguman profile image60

did you read my topic it`s about what jihad is ?!
          how come you didn`t read it !

6. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

Re-defining words to fuel their own fear (inciting) upon others who have high respect for them ... to safeguard their own personal goals at the expense of others is abuse of powers, I agree on that. hmm

7. mobilephone guide profile image60
    mobilephone guideposted 14 years ago

I'll just leave this here

WTF IS THIS SHIT lololololool

fundamentalism totally gone nuts

1. maidouxixi profile image61
      maidouxixiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

honey..

i'm busy being awesome

1. maidouxixi profile image61
          maidouxixiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just missing u so much.  smile

8. maidouxixi profile image61
    maidouxixiposted 14 years ago

honey?

9. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Uh-oh, I am starting to think there is an anti Russian conspiracy on Hubpages. yikes

How having American tanks rolling through town is better than Russian?

1. profile image0

We have Hersey bars?

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL WTF is Hersey bars?

10. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

The whole idea of religion is wrong. It may have played some part in human life that was useful when people were as ignorant as they were in the times of the bible,

"Then the devil took him up to a very high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world in their magnificence,"   (Matthew 4:8 NAB)
    The flat earth statement above from the bible is a good indicator of how "clever" they were then, and you would need to eliminate or explain away most of the bible to make any sense of it.

No sanity here, just ignorance. smile

11. dutchman1951 profile image60
    dutchman1951posted 14 years ago

I read all of this and what came to mind was the history, no story, but history of what happend to the Town of Hamass, where the president day group takes it name from.

They said that when the army was through, the only thing you could hear the next morning was the erie sound of the central water wheel turning!

for historical accounts I have read about several Islamic Countries, and the commig to power of rulers, I have to ask?

What rules??????

This sounds more like a tale from a thousand Arabian Nights than the Koran????

The Prime Minister of Turkey at a state dinner made a statement, that Americans do not understand the inside man of Islam, that in war all that is respected or understood, is complete Victory.

So I would have to go with history here, and the Town of Hammas as an example. Destroy everything, kids, cows, women land livestock, everything!  Leave the water wheel spinning in the Morning Sun! That has been Islam so far???????

I would not want a Book like that to determine my orderd steps?
    I sorry sir, this is a good story, not history.

1. Strophios profile image60
      Strophiosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I can't seem to find any mention, historical or otherwise, of the town Hamas or what happened there. On the other hand, I did find that the organization Hamas is so named because it is an acronym.

As for history vs. scripture, shall I point you to the sack of Jerusalem in 1099 by the Christian crusaders? The crusaders continued slaughtering civilians even as they had to wade through blood up to their ankles to do so. From this I would deduce, by your logic, that Christianity must be an inherently evil and violent religion and that anyone quoting scripture that claims otherwise must not be truly quoting scripture.

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

True dat smile

Christianity is evil and violent just because they changed the word of God with their own hands.

Qur'an, Ch 7-The Heights, V 162
        162. But the transgressors among them changed the word from that which had been given them so we sent on them a plague from heaven. For that they repeatedly transgressed.

In contrast, if you have watched KINGDOM OF HEAVEN, reveals that even Non Muslims agree upon the peace of Islam. Also take a look at the following.

Antioch, the capital of the Roman East, also capitulated to the Muslims after stubborn (willful) resistance. The Roman Governor named Artabin, had collected a strong force for the defense of his province. Placing small bodies of troops at Jerusalem, Gaza and Ramalah, he had assembled a large army in Ajnadian. The Muslims who were deeply concerned at these movements of the Roman forces, withdrew their garrisons from various sectors and advanced to face Artabin. While withdrawing from Hems, Hazrat Abu Ubaidah, Commander in chief of the Muslim forces, asked his treasury officer to return the Jazia (Protection Tax) to the inhabitants, as they could not undertake the responsibility of the protection of their non-Muslim subjects there. The order was instantaneously carried out and the whole amount was repaid to the local inhabitants. The Christian populace was so much touched by this unusual generosity of the Muslim Conquerors that they wept bitterly and cried out “May God bring you here again.” The Jews swore (guarantee) on Torah that they would resist the Romans to the last man if they ever ventured (scheme) to capture the city. http://www.scribd.com/doc/19594197/Hazr … h-of-Islam

How can you say Christians are evil? Please stop this fanaticism. smile

12. earnestshub profile image79

Not only the Christians how about the Muslims?

Qur’an 9:123 “murder them and treat them harshly”
    Qur’an 3.28 Let not the believers take the unbelievers for friends rather than believers; and whoever does this, he shall have nothing of (the guardianship of) Allah, but you should guard yourselves against them, guarding carefully; and Allah makes you cautious of (retribution from) Himself; and to Allah is the eventual coming.

Also nice! smile

ya very ! specially when you tell us who`s ""them"" they are enemies during battles you can`t treat enemy during the battle gently big_smile! such little things make difference big_smile but you wont ask only uncomplete words will do for you

that`s what islam said about how muslim should deal with non-muslims

the second part is answerd

60:8 (Y. Ali- translation) Allah forbids you not, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) Faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for Allah loveth those who are just.
      60:9 (Y. Ali-translation) Allah only forbids you, with regard to those who fight you for (your) Faith, and drive you out of your homes, and support (others) in driving you out, from turning to them (for friendship and protection). It is such as turn to them (in these circumstances), that do wrong.

this is the general rule of jihad in islam & this is how we understand our religion be forgiving but not weak ( live free or die hard big_smile ) i think nothing wrong about that,
      some people will take the second half only we call them extremist but believe it or not most of non-muslims do so too !
      u still hate us now big_smile

1. earnestshub profile image79
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

turguman, I hate nobody. smile
        What I said of the bible applies to the quoran. You cannot apportion hate out like this, as there are so many hate statements in both books.
        Surely you do not have an "explanation for them all! smile

then try me smile i believe that religions came to fix it`s just people who bend good words to get bad things out of it so u cannot blam the script because people refused ( or even couldn`t ) understand it right

Oh you hate nobody, not even the rapists that's the reason Australia is pushing itself for competing the highest number of rapes in the world.

13. profile image52
    fernando_olhao359posted 14 years ago

fernandoleaodolhao, writes: unfortunately I do not know the Qu´ran very well, beacuse I´m a new Muslim,but these words sound very familiar and very wisely spoken through the prophet
    Mohammed (R.S.W.A.S.). Finally I enjoyed the debate and I´m looking forward to hear(read)passages taken from the Holly Qu´ran, regarding family and social issues.

1. profile image0

If you hurry I believe you can get your soul back, atleast part of it.

can you see souls smile , any way i gave him origins so he can navigate freely if it`s bad he will disover it himself isn`t it smile ?

1. profile image0

Look I want to see Islam come correct, I want the arab community to recognize Israel and then leave them alone, you're have to understand you're beating a dead horse. I'm all for good relations with everyone but the ridiculous logic has got to stop. My personal belief is we should be isolationists because we are very capable of handleing our own buisness. We don't owe anybody anything and we help more people than the rest of the planet put together. The lack of respect for us is a load of crap and we should tell the world to stick-it.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2520/3932809101_b542614d72_o.jpg

NOW TELL ME SHOULD THE ARABS OR THE ISRAELI ZIONISTS LEAVE THE INNOCENT ARABS ALONE

1. profile image0

You did tell us to stick it! And we have been sticking it to you ever since!

so u believe that who have the power who should take every thing wow !
                well i cannot convince you till you fix that point " we did not start this ! " they were living in peace in our countries why should we bear a western sin we didn`t do ?!
                muslims , christians & jews were living in the same country in peace since saladin till they decided to seize it !

1. profile image0

Because arabs don't play well with others.

1. Eng.M profile image66
                    Eng.Mposted 14 years agoin reply to this

or may be they didn't want to play .
                    who blame them ?

2. profile image0

Since when do you start a war, you're the attacker and lose but the country you attack is suppose to give back what was clearly won. Personally the arab worlds behavior has been so bad and rediculous I think you should give Israel Mecca and Medina as a goodwill jesture. Inturn they can help organize the festivals so you keep from trampling each other to death. Allowing them to be part of the festivities will be good for both sides a bonding time!

2. earnestshub profile image79
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The bible has this to say, the quoran is no better. Intolerance is taught in both.

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through.   (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

And some zealots take that literally! smile

you are most welcome brother my advice to you is to read origins  read it it self that will be most accurate read freely  , ask freely & think freely ,you have much more to read
      these are good original resources to start with

flash quran with translations & recitation ,and hadith
      http://www.quranexplorer.com/

Islam - Resources and information
      http://www.al-islam.com/eng/

i hope you enjoy it
      regards

14. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Why our Muslim friends are so fixated on rape? Don't they have any other interest in life? yikes

I am not fixated at rapes rather the point is earnesthub do not hate them. Earnesthub even want to invite all the rapists of the world at his home.

15. earnestshub profile image79

Tell you what sock puppet, you make up a new list of all the people you hate, you know the list.

I will make sure that none of those people come to your place for dinner ok? Should be the easiest job in the world. smile

I am sorry I do not have the required level of hate or vengeance as my motive for living, but you see I live in a free country with a free press, I can see flesh, gamble, drink, but more importantly this environment allows people to think independent of psychotic religious beliefs. smile

You and your country are not free at all. You people are serving, obeying and following Satan and his followers by doing the above mentioned dirts (gambling, raping, looting, abusing, molesting, drinking, accumulating, hoarding, disrespecting, adultry.......)

1. profile image0

I was all set to get onto you about your post but I remembered you're just an ignorant thug living in the 7th century.

2. profile image0

Oh and God wants peoples heads cut off and filmed as an advertisement on how to love your brother. Dragging people through the streets and hanging them from light poles is a true sign of an advanced civilization filled with wisdom! Then strapping bombs to women and children is a sign islam is all about equal opportunity! Celebrating when thousands die during a terrorist attack is just a cultural misunderstanding! You reallly need to pull your head out of your ass!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)