jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

How Great Thou Art!

1. atomswifey profile image69
    atomswifeyposted 7 years ago

I just have to say, I think God is so amazing and Awesome! I am so very much in love with Him I could just scream it! smile

I am so very thankful to Him for so many things. I thank God for adversity.

I want you all to know I came on hubpages a couple of months ago and stumbled into the forums. I was looking for other people of faith to talk to.

As a result I found myself confronted with adversity. I would often have long debates and futile conversations. Fruitless too I thought until something Amazing and wonderful happened. I grew an even greater understanding of Who God really is, what He really is, and how much He loves.

His love is so brilliant, so perfect, so unconditional, so magnificent that the human mind, the human heart cannot even fully grasp all that it is.

I was believer and I loved the Lord but never really truly understood how much He really loves us until hubpages and this adversity came.

I want to Thank God for this avenue of communication!
    God bless you all and oh uhm, post some thoughts of your own on here smile

1. mohitmisra profile image59
      mohitmisraposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Keep penning remember all the prophets including Jesus faced opposition but that didn't stop them . smile God bless you too smile

2. Daniel Carter profile image90
      Daniel Carterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks mucho.
      Sending good vibes your way as well.
      If you know darkness, you'll appreciate light.
      If you know sorrow, you appreciate joy.
      And so it goes...

3. Rhianni32 profile image81
      Rhianni32posted 7 years ago in reply to this

This is a good and joy spreading post. This is the sort of thing that does NOT make believers hated.

2. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago

The adversary causes the strife and relishes in the battles we have. He tempts the lost to be his spokespeople to cahllenge our beliefs. We have to be kind and patient, knowing it's not their fault.

The Lord helps me find the inner peace that gets me through the day. We should make this and every day the Lords!

3. quietnessandtrust profile image60
    quietnessandtrustposted 7 years ago

YHVH is my defense and I SHALL NOT BE MOVED. big_smile

4. atomswifey profile image69
    atomswifeyposted 7 years ago

Amen!! smile
    And God bless all of you!
    And yes "quiet",
    We Shall Not Be Moved!

5. 0
    SirDentposted 7 years ago

The Lord is not slack concerning His promise. Men break promises constantly, but God never breaks a promise. Adversity makes us strong. The above link is to one of my oldest hubs here. Read it if you want.

1. 0
      \Brenda Scullyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

i will give it a miss if you don't mind

6. Make  Money profile image70
    Make Moneyposted 7 years ago

Nice Hub Sir Dent.  I like your comparison with resistance to adversity and bodybuilding, spiritual weightlifting, with prayer being the answer.

Yeah atomswifey this avenue of communication as well as other online forums are good ways to bring all Christians into the one body in Christ as well as to share it with others.

7. 0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 7 years ago

is this for real or what i do not believe it

8. 0
    cosetteposted 7 years ago

atomswifey, have they ever conducted DNA tests on the Shroud of Turin?

it has a lot of blood on it still.

if so, do you think they would be able to trace back Jesus' ancestry all the way to God? i ask this because i heard that Whoopi Goldberg was able to trace her ancestry back really far with her own DNA sample.