Could you live in hell and ever learn to be happy?

Jump to Last Post 51-66 of 66 discussions (134 posts)
  1. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

see now I can almost feel that delicious fire....!! mm...no place like hell!!

1. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

warmer than Toronto that's for sure lol

2. profile image0
    bloodnlatexposted 14 years ago

I guess that all depends on who you're with.  With the right people I could have a hell of a good time.

1. profile image0

lol

1. profile image0

Bloody Hell this is becoming a good time

1. profile image0
          bloodnlatexposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh hell, it is getting warm in here isn't it?

1. profile image0

hot lol

3. profile image0
    bloodnlatexposted 14 years ago

I mean I could play with fire all day and night!

4. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

It's a Hell of a place !

1. profile image0

lol

5. Daniel Carter profile image61
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

I thought this thread died a long time ago and look what all you brats are doing.....
    lol

I lived in hell for 50 years and decided it was enough. Now it comes and goes because I forget that I'm free of it. Old ways are hard habits to kick.

I think the older I get that hell is a choice, and I'm not going there again.

So I'll be damned if I'm gonna let my life be hell anymore.

Pass the flame-thrower, please.

6. aware profile image68
    awareposted 14 years ago

maybe hell is like Little Nicky hell. All cool and stuff.Or maybe  its like the Greeks thought . And both heaven and hell  are in the underworld . Heaven being in a better neighborhood  .Or better yet maybe hell is just a small town in Arizona

1. Daniel Carter profile image61
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think hell is in more than one location.
      Hell, MI is a favorite place because I like photos of the city's sign covered over in ice.

That's when Hell freezes over.

1. profile image0

well put mate xo

2. Flightkeeper profile image66
        Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So "when pigs fly" is still good?

1. profile image0

A OK Friend - all still good big_smile

2. Daniel Carter profile image61
          Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I'm thinking so. However, let's hope they don't. Or cows... Windshields would never be the same.

1. profile image0
            Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

little birdie in the sky
            whyd you do that
            in my eye?
            im sure glad
            cows cant fly!!!!

7. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

All right when did part of Hubville decided to relocate to Hell, Michigan? wink

8. Flightkeeper profile image66

Whew, I'd hate to make a conditional promise and find out I would end up having to do it!!!

9. The Grey Wolf profile image59
    The Grey Wolfposted 14 years ago

I believe that a total seperation from god would be ecstasy. I want nothing to do with him/her/it. As far as being happy in hell, I defer to Mark Twain when he said "Heaven for the climate. Hell for the company."

10. Flightkeeper profile image66

That's a good one Grey Wolf. Have to remember that. smile

11. Daveyone profile image59
    Daveyoneposted 14 years ago

I recently posted this on my Family Law blog and wondered if it could be of interest here?

This is a question I would like to pose on a general
    theme and not pointed at any single religion or belief.

During these times of financial hardship for many and society losing the respect it once had for previous generations, where is our moral and ethic guidance coming from? Are spiritual leaders vocal enough and if people do not visit them are they going to schools work places even shops and pubs to give guidance to the young we are very nearly losing sight of?

I feel the silence is deafening and there should be a Multi-Faith approach with a serious and strong message getting all ideas across to primary school children with a caveat that it is for them to decide what questions
    they should be asking and quite how to deal with things in life the right way for the benefit of all!
    Very often people will turn to religion to try and handle adversity or some tragedy that has occurred when hitherto they may not have felt the n as he was I did honour his wish and took from this that when you are alone and facing dire straits there may just be someone there to help! eed to pray or understand before and I often wonder why those very much worse off then us in 3rd world countries some, starving and looking out on a bleak landscape both physically and emotionally, still find it in their hearts to believe and hold on to hope. How do they afford religion when we seem unable to?
    My Father used to say never call the Lords name in vein, as being in the RAF during WW2 he knew when he called out he meant it and whilst I am not as religious as he was I did honour his wish and took from this that when you are alone and facing dire straits there may just be someone there to help!

12. sooner than later profile image60
    sooner than laterposted 14 years ago

Hell is death- so there can be no life.

13. privateye2500 profile image41
    privateye2500posted 13 years ago

I do it everyday!

14. awddude profile image58
    awddudeposted 12 years ago

Hell is too ambiguous to wrap logic around.  Understand this point thoroughly before proceeding. 

Unless you decide on a Christian hell, which I have heard is impossible to be happy in by definition.

15. Diane Inside profile image72
    Diane Insideposted 12 years ago

I already live in hell and you never learn to like but you do learn to tolerate it. lol

16. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 6 years ago

Hell in the astral plane is a place of negativity & lower consciousness.   Hell is a place of the lowest common denominator.   To interpret hell into the earth plan- many people live in hell everyday, mostly of their own making.  There are people who mindlessly & thoughtlessly make poor decisions & live w/the dire outcomes of such outcomes.  There are others who refuse to plan for the future, living for immediate gratification but subsequently suffer for their actions.   There are some people who have an inverse pleasure of "thriving" in negative, even abject situations, believing that such is normative.   

Then there are people who subject their precious children to hellish conditions because of their own selfish wants & desires.  There are people who have more children than they can support comfortably yet they continue to have children, raising them in severely abject socioeconomic conditions where deprivation & poverty are normative lifestyles.  There are people who are socioeconomically poor who don't have the resources to have children yet they have them anywhere-subjecting the children to hell.  There are people who love to be impoverished although they know that poverty decreases their life chances & quality of life.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)