Are we loving people in sharing Gods Word which is truth and love?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (21 posts)
  1. atomswifey profile image56
    atomswifeyposted 14 years ago

Again, simple question

1. chukra G profile image59
      chukra Gposted 14 years agoin reply to this

his words is truth but dont claim your understanding will be true smile

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are we loving people in sharing Gods Word which is truth and love?

is 'loving' used as a verb or an adjective here? if a verb, i would say that loving them can still occur without 'sharing God's word'. if an adjective, i would say you cannot be loving even if you do 'share God's word'.

2. topgunjager profile image60
    topgunjagerposted 14 years ago

You'd be a real loving person if you take action of his words instead of preaching his words. You only need to ask yourself these questions; when was the last time you fed the hungry and the last time you gave shelter to the homeless?

3. DennisBarker profile image60
    DennisBarkerposted 14 years ago

Is that your gods word or mine? Can they both be truth and love? or are neither truth and love? maybe mine has mondays, wednesdays and fridays whilst yours has tuesdays, thursdays and saturdays. I expect they alternate on sundays.

1. TheLoanConsultant profile image61
      TheLoanConsultantposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think people should begin to consider the idea that perhaps there are varying degrees of truth. Maybe we should form a continuum for truth. What do you think? Ranging from Truth on one end, & fact on the other end. Take for example a principle of chemistry which states that WATER SEEKS ITS OWN LEVEL. This is true of water no mater the circumstances. But then you have a fact: ALASKA IS PART OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. This may be the case now, but there's no way of knowing if this will be the case 100 years from now. But I can assure you that there's is a strong possibility that 100 years from now WATER WILL STILL SEEK ITS OWN LEVEL. When we go about trying to better understand phenomena in our universe we discover principles similar to the principle of chemistry regarding water. If there is a God, is He not also some phenomenon that man is seeking to better understand? & if there is a God, wouldn't it be reasonable to infer that the principles concerning His existence would be just as stable as the principles of chemistry if not more? The principles regarding water do not change according to race, sex or geographical location, so why should the principles regarding God's existence change to suit people's preferences?

4. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I believe you have stated a lot of truth, but why believe in a god at all. Were you indoctrinated by a church or your family?

YES. I was indoctrinated by a church and my dad as a child. But in my teenage years I rebelled against what I was taught & quit going to church altogether. I didn't start really seeking God again until my early 20's. Of course the second time around I was less gullible than I was as a child and therefore I went about conducting my own investigation. I totally ignored the bible & just tried to figure out if we were made or if we just evolved from proteins & amino acids. Once I came to the conclusion that we were made, than I began to research other faiths. Although I didn't pick the denomination that my family brought me up in, I did choose the God of the bible. That was my journey, everyone has to conduct their own investigation. No one can choose for the next man, it must be a personal choice. I've always been the kind of person that likes to share with others whatever good thing I possess, be it food, money, etc, etc,. If there is a God and I do get to meet Him one day, & all that I have learned concerning Him is true, it would be very selfish of me to not share my experiences concerning God & what I've learned regarding His existence with other people. There is a part of me that still wants to live life vicariously & just fulfil all my selfish carnal desires. But these are only impulses caused by my survival mechanism to reproduce & perpetuate the existence of man; & futher, the pleasure derived from such gratification is only for such a short period. Its not worth the sacrifice to me, to give up the opportunity to live forever for some adolescent primitive behavior patterns. We are more than just flesh & blood we are spirit! We are not merely our fleshly desires but we are more than that! Our spirit also has desires and it is those desires that I choose to fulfill.

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your honest and forthright answer. I agree empathy towards others when we have love, wealth or enough to share is a great way to really live and enjoy it fully.
        I do not equate that with a god though. smile
        I used to be religious, but I arrived at different conclusions after much study.  smile

Yes, I agree with you that a person's act of kindness does not have to necessarily originate from God at that particular moment. This can be done without God, but also with Him. I have noticed that when people become extremely religious, as time progresses they tire and become weary of spiritual things. I try to be balanced in my spirituality, as to prevent myself from losing my zeal. I try not to be overly concerned with outward manifestations of my relationship with God. I'm more concerned with the inner, the causation. In my opinion, one's religion becomes their way of life. So in other words, a religion is a way of life. As long as this way of life doesn't violate any one's human rights religion should be a good thing. Whatever someone's way of life is concerning spiritual things we tend to call that religion. But when someone's way of life regarding their career or their investments, we tend to refer to these methods in other terms. But at the root of the whole thing it's all simply just a way of living; A CODE. When people become religious & zealous for God & for spiritual things if their RELIGION, or WAY OF LIFE, or CODE doesn't produce for them the results they were hoping for or expecting, they tend to get angry with God and depart from their religious practices. When someone is using a form of machinery they obey a strict CODE while operating it to ensure their safety. Most work related accidents are a result of someone not sticking to the CODE, regarding that particular process or environment. The same process applies to spiritual things. What are our daily practices & disciplines that increase our chances of being of godly character? These things do not come easy or automatically, it is a work of labor. Yes, some may make it look easy, but I assure you it is not. It is much easier to step out, but having tasted the Word of God you can never go back. It's too late for us! When I accepted that I need God's help & access to the anointing in order to even come close to a manner of living that is favorable in God's eyes, this path became alot more easier for me. Not to mention the fact that we have The Blood of Jesus & The Manifold Grace of God.

2. mohitmisra profile image61
        mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Our spirit also has desires and it is those desires that I choose to fulfill.

"One needs to merge himself with the cosmic will" Iqbal smile

Yes indeed friend. "If God is for us who can be against us."

5. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

atomswifey! You changed your picture! Cooool! okay just wanted to state that, now you all have fun discussing this one bye

atomswifeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol
      Thank you crazdwriter smile
      Yep its my son at the age of 4 playing in the leaves. I love this picture because it is so precious to see his extreme joy in the simple pleasure that nature offered him that day.

In the same series of photos my mom got into the fun as well and rolled around with him in the leaves. It was a great day to remember.

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Woohoo go mommy! lol Aaaa got to love nature that's for sure. Especially when the seasons change...not the weather! but nature lol

atomswifeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

boy thats true! I love the changing of the seasons but the icky weather that sometimes comes about from it can stay away!

This pic was actually taken in Southern California of all places where the changes as far as seasons are concerned are rarely witnessed. lol Unless that is you live up in the mountains.
          We were lucky enough at the time to have two huge walnut trees in the backyard of our home, which provided the leaves.

6. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Us poor So Cal ppl deprived of season changes lol. I use to look outside at our pretty peach trees in the summer then again in the fall and see some leaves change then look again and the leaves were gone lol and the sudden warm th to cold always gets me. My nose starts bleeding whenevr that happens. not bad but still bleeds lol. stupid Cali weather. I miss Hawai'i weather...warm all the time except some times hahaha

7. topgunjager profile image60
    topgunjagerposted 14 years ago

http://hubpages.com/hub/whoreallycares
    Hope this gives you an idea=)

8. profile image0
    Nia Lposted 14 years ago

Check out this hub <snipped - no links in the forums, please> Might provide some answers hopefully.

9. Jonathan Janco profile image61
    Jonathan Jancoposted 14 years ago

If the Bible really is God's word then God must be a tribe of primitive desert folk who promoted incest, beastiality, woman beating and child murdering. Oh yeah, and the whole 'eye-for-an-eye' thing. How loving!

10. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Me? Sorry no god for me. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)