Opinions

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (58 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Scott.Lifeposted 14 years ago

What do you believe about God, The creator, The universe, infinite intelligence or whatever you believe. Please keep it to a paragraph, No questions just statements, and be civil. This is an opportunity to explore other options and share views not an argument for or against. No scripture quotes this falls to you to express your own idea and thought.

1. lrohner profile image68
      lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow, FINALLY someone we can discuss religion rationally with -- except for Davina, of course. Always the voice of reason! smile (Loved all of your posts and restraint, BTW, Scott and Davina!)

I was brought up Catholic and I do believe in God -- my version of God anyway. I believe he is just and merciful. I do not believe that I'm going to go to hell and burn for all eternity for not going to Mass on Sunday or eating meat on Friday or not believing everything that's in the Bible or whatever, whatever. I also do not believe that just because someone who does believe in the Catholic faith has gone to mass and confession or said the rosary or observed Lent that their obligation ends there. Although most that I've met think that doing that stuff gives them a pass on humanity.

I do not participate in the Catholic religion anymore because somewhere along the way, it appears to have become a 'business' and a place for priests to further their own agendas and practice power plays rather than a house of worship. And I've had lots of relatives that were priests!

I'm on the fence about Jesus, though. If I take a good, hard look at all of the 'prophets' out there, Jesus had it closer to right than any of them. And if he does exist, I'm relatively certain that he's pretty pissed off that Daddy is never going to die so he will never inherit the throne! smile

I also believe that no matter what God you believe in or what religion you practice or faith that you follow, if you live a good life and a life filled with service to others, that you sorta can't lose.

2. Real Estate Lady profile image60
      Real Estate Ladyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Great question. . .and great way to phrase it.

I believe God has a sense of humor, first of all. I also believe that, though He (for lack of another gender) is always with us, it's not until we truly listen that we can hear Him.

I don't think He is pushy or mean or vindictive or bossy. He gave us freewill and is just sittin' back and watching what we do with it.

I for one try to align my will with His. . .or subsume my will to His. Whenever I do that stuff just seems to work better.

Not all gifts in life were meant to be used.

3. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

well, just to add what i have already posted about God, i don't think God looks like humans at all. i think God looks like a star cluster or something. and i don't think God is male or female. i think God is genderless. i use 'his' when talking about God because that is just easier than going 'him or her' all the time.

i do think God created the building blocks (matter) of the Universe, but allowed the forces of nature and physics to do their work, and God does not intervene in any of Man's affairs, and there are probably many other planets with sustainable life out there, and God doesn't interfere with them either and never will.

what God does do is just exist forever, and is a sublime energy force that, when people meditate (not pray), they feel and embrace and find comfort in it. not because God does anything - they just draw on it like a parched traveler from a cool spring.

1. profile image0
        lynnechandlerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I like this explanation it fits where I am at right now.

1. profile image0
          cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

really?

cool.

i also want to add that I think Jesus was a real person but not the son of God. he was not a shaman or a prankster - just a very charismatic, gifted and influential young man with a good heart and kind spirit.

4. Eng.M profile image64
      Eng.Mposted 14 years agoin reply to this

my idea about God is that he is above our full understanding and he is descriped in some verses from Quran as the following ones:

God says:(He is Allah, the One and Only (1) Allah, the Eternal, Absolute (2) He begetteth not, nor is He begotten (3) And there is none like unto Him (4) ) 112

he says:(To Him belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth: It is He Who gives Life and Death; and He has Power over all things (2) He is the First and the Last, the Evident and the Immanent: and He has full knowledge of all things. (3) ) 57

yusufAli translation

Quran

1. underhiswings profile image59
        underhiswingsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"(2) He begetteth not, nor is He begotten"

Psalm 2:7 "I will declare the decree: The LORD has said to Me, 'You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.

Obviously God did beget Someone.

1. Eng.M profile image64
          Eng.Mposted 14 years agoin reply to this

may be a slave human son and not a biological one.

my understanding is that he doesn't need what we do.
          he doesn't need to be a father and he doesn't need to show his love by beeing a father.

2. mohitmisra profile image60
          mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The difference is that as long as a human is in this body his perspective is different as he identifies himself with his body.

On death when one is pure soul he understands he is not the body and his perspective enhances drastically .
          This is why in a way a human cannot be compared to god at the same time he is god.

5. rhamson profile image71
      rhamsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Belief in God is a personal choice.  You can't prove it physically and you can't prove it to anyone who has a closed mind.

I like to refer to a statement that was made to me early on in my search.  The notion that one can prove God exists is likened to the physical trying to understand the spiritual.  Just as an animate human cannot be explained to an inaminate object.  As an example we can make or create a peice of furniture from our own bare hands, that furniture will never know us in this plain.

6. mohitmisra profile image60

I merged with god , the Light and know god exists .
      The deepest fabric of this universe including all humans is god, a very fine light,love tissue supremely intelligent with no beginning and no end smile

7. Dgerrimea profile image61
      Dgerrimeaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am a materialist and a determinist with regard to the universe. I no longer hold a belief in any gods, and I adopted a very logical mindset on the rebound.

2. Davinagirl3 profile image60
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

I believe that God is the essence of goodness that keeps humanity from turning into a complete cesspool.

3. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

I don't know smile

1. Daniel Carter profile image61
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The more I try to know, the less I know and understand. So I'm with Misha on this one.

However, I only know that when I get into the stillness, I'm not alone and that I'm okay. Don't have any idea what it means. Maybe I'm not supposed to analyze it, just accept it.

4. Sanctus Vesania profile image61
    Sanctus Vesaniaposted 14 years ago

1. That their is no trinity (in that God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit are all three persons in one)  God and Jesus Christ are two different beings, but both with the same mindset.  The Holy Spirit is the source of their power.

2.  That ALL was created by Jesus, and for Jesus, all things created for His purpose, even that which we may deem evil.

2a.  That God created both light and darkness; and made peace and created evil.

3.  That mankind has no free will.  Yes, we can make choices, but they're all linked to something higher.

3a.  That 90 percent of mankind doesn't know what freewill really is.

4.  That God is not calling everyone in this day and age to be saved.

4a.  But He WILL save ALL eventually.

5. That God created the destroyer to wreak havok.

5a.  That God formed the crooked (fugitive) serpent at arm's length.

6. That God will use the simple to confound the wise of this world.

5. profile image0

I think it ironic that so many claim to just be expressing their opinion on faith and but when you give them a forum to do just that without arguing so few are interested. Is it the arguing that people really want?

Thank you for sharing your beliefs guys. This was just an exercise to prove a point to myself.

1. profile image0
      girly_girl09posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think you might be on to something, Scott!

2. Davinagirl3 profile image60
      Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I experienced the same thing yesterday.  My "love" thread didn't get half the posts of the "hate" thread.  For some people, it is all about contraversy.

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey we are all humans, aren't we? There is nothing better than a good fight wink

1. profile image49
          PirateGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A Forum is in definition a place of debate meaning an argument, to debate have differences. If you think different and want people to agree with everything you say don't bring it into a Forum !

1. Davinagirl3 profile image60

A person can have a civilised debate, though.  What we have been witnessing is not debate, it is more like school-yard fighting.  I have been debating since junior high, and I have learned to respect both sides of the debate.  When people start getting their feelings hurt, it turns into something else.

1. profile image0
              girly_girl09posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Totally agreed! Nothing better than a civilized, respectful debate. smile Like you said, not a lot of it occurring on the HP forums these days.

2. Misha profile image63

I think people like it that way. It shall pass, for certain people, but then others will come to the spot. We all learn and move on. smile

1. Davinagirl3 profile image60

I have learned this the hard way!

6. My Friend Shiyloh profile image58
    My Friend Shiylohposted 14 years ago

I have posted several topics that asked for answers to specific questions and they all went by the wayside because there was nothing to argue about.

I posted many topics about LOVE (topic of all my hubs) and those went right in the toilet.

I saw that need a while back.....now it's in vogue. big_smile

People just need to learn to engage in debate and reasoning in a manner that is slightly above high school.

~Shiyloh~

7. Jonathan Janco profile image60
    Jonathan Jancoposted 14 years ago

I am what most people refer to as a Luciferian. Many people confuse that with Satanism, but that is a gross misrepresentation. Lucifer was commonly referred to as the Emporer of Hell . . . it's supposed to be conqueror, not emporer. Lucifer, the Lord of Light, is sent to pacify the rebellion of Satan, the Prince of Darkness. They are exact opposites. Satan is not the opposite of God, because God is all of creation existing as a unified whole (the opposite of that is nothingness, which is terribly abstract). . . and we are cut off from God because of the Satanic rebellion. There are too many dark spirits inhabiting the physical world, so much so that dark energy threatens to destroy the universe. We can counter it only with light energy, the enlightenment of the spirit . . . and that is regardless of whether you are Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist or whatever.

1. quietnessandtrust profile image61
      quietnessandtrustposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So who is Messiah to you?

1. Jonathan Janco profile image60
        Jonathan Jancoposted 14 years agoin reply to this
      2. Daniel Carter profile image61

Satan is an image which represent man's ego. God, on the other hand, apparently has no ego.
        So therefore, it could be accurately deduced that you are an egotist. You operate out of your ego, rather than your awareness of who you innately are.

1. rhamson profile image71
          rhamsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is not jealousy a manifistation of ego?

1. Daniel Carter profile image61

Yes, that's correct. We all have egos. Calming the ego allows us to become more aware that we are not alone in the universe, I believe, and calming the ego also helps us connect more authentically with each other. It's where unconditional love is, I believe.

Satan, to me is a symbol of the ultimate ego. The enmity between God and man. So, the deduction (by me) that one is a "Luciferian" is about being a follower and proponent of the ego, which only keeps a rift between one's self and the awareness of God and relationship with him (her, it, whatever).

I think, from my own experience and life, that most negativity is a result of ego. Calming the ego puts us on a different plane of existence, which opens us to the idea of of an awareness and connection to God.

8. profile image0

Okay I admit I like a good fight, I mean debate, but Inviting someone to a fight then telling them that they are not allowed to fight back and must allow you to pummel them is ridiculous...

I believe in God and that Jesus was God taken physical form to experience man's suffering for him first hand. I also believe that the method of your life and the deeds you did will be the measure of your salvation not whose club you joined. That's like saying once you are saved you're in the clear and can go out and sin as much as you want.While the Buddhist who lived a life of service and love for all man will go to hell regardless. I just can't accept that. I guess finally I believe in God because I need to believe that something truly extraordinary is possible, and that we can reach towards great things and achieve miraculous goals.

1. lrohner profile image68
      lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I haven't said this in 25 years, but AMEN!

2. Misha profile image63

Absolutely. Yet you see it right and left, not only in religion, but in political forums too. They grow up eventually. Even here on HP I watch one hubber who made quite a progress in this regard. smile

9. shamelabboush profile image50
    shamelabboushposted 14 years ago

What I think about God can not be and won't be containd in this thread or in one paragraph!!!

10. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

I believe ...that the creator appeared to Abraham and he calls "I Am that I AM"  God. God chose one people out of all the nations of the world to express himself through. The old testament describes all of the details as to how that covenant was broken. The prophesies could have been called warnings unto the chosen people. YA better quit doing that or else I'm goina do this. 
        I believe that when the Messiah came, he was very disappointed with the religiousness of the priests.
        Jesus called them vipers and sons of the devil, for they twisted and "interpreted" the word of God to fulfill their personal needs forsaking everyone else.  Jesus asked them, why are you making up all them rules that you don't keep.
         I believe that the Beast that John saw rise up out of the sea are two forms of religiosity. 
         The two candlesticks (two witnesses) were sent down from   heaven to dwell within these two beasts.  Good and evil sitting side by side in the Churches. (BALANCE in the universe)  In the very last of days the two witnesses will be killed and the two beasts follows soon afterwards
         The 1260 days of the two witnesses and the 42 months of the beast are soon to be finished
         I believe that all of prophesy has been fulfilled with exception of the 7th trumpet and seventh vial.

I apologise if I have expressed my believers too strongly past and present
         I strongly believe these things.

You apologize? sad
      Did your Messiah apologize for what He said so strongly?
      Did any of His apostles?

11. profile image0

What do you believe then Quietness?

THE TRUTH

1. profile image0
        Scott.Lifeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are we talking empirical, religious, or media?

None of the above.
          I believe in THE TRUTH

1. Misha profile image63

Photoshop? it's a lie smile

12. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

Quietnessandtruth  I like to think that I am in your prayers as you are in mine.  Thank you

13. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

I grew up Catholic. Strict!  I think somewhere in elementary school I decided it (Catholicism) wasn't for me, because, except for the sermon, I had memorized everything else, so really what was the point in going to church. That feeling never left me.

Fast forward through a period of a hellish life full of misery, death & depression, I met my husband. He introduced me to Jesus.  I had NEVER been to a church that talked about Jesus.  It took a long time for me to accept Christ, but I did. I still have trouble with it all, but God knows me, knows my weakness & I am human after all and far from perfect smile

14. My Friend Shiyloh profile image58
    My Friend Shiylohposted 14 years ago

Love is without need.
    Love cannot be shaken.
    Love swallows up death.
    Love gives it's life to all.
    Love is Shiyloh Salom.

~Shiyloh~

15. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I believe that God is a being in Heaven watching over us, portecting us and loving us as well as guardian angels. But I also believe in other things like magic, fairies, crstyal magic, and I am always open minded and ready to listen to other ppl talk about their religion smile

16. profile image0

Ahh.. you're talking about that Jesus fella that we've been hearing so much about why not just say it then.

Which Jesus ?
      Who's Jesus ?
      Jesus fella ?

17. profile image0

I love how we express our beliefs by questioning anothers. There's some deep seated skepticism and fear in a mentality like that, where you can't even have an opinion of your own unless there's a way to disprove someone else's view first. For all of you that actually took the time and courage to answer the original question honestly thanks for playing.

18. profile image0
    Just Joyceposted 14 years ago

I'm late in replying but I'm new to HubPages and I'm going to use that as my excuse for being late to the party.

Posting the Nicene Creed entire seems the easy way out, but as a professing (and confessing) Eastern Orthodox Christian, it would be a fair representation of my church dogma. The (Really Abbreviated) Reader's Digest version is: I believe in the All-Holy and Life-Giving Trinity, dual natures of Christ, Christ's incarnation, death and resurrection, and in the importance of participating in the life of the church.

Sometimes, I find it easier to dispel the connotations that come with the label "Christian" (at least, that come with it in America) than to attempt the enumeration of Eastern Orthodox dogma, and explanation of Holy Tradition.

So, we, the Orthodox Church, and I, Joyce, do not ascribe to the Sola Scriptura idea, nor St. Augustine's notion of inherited guilt. We don't view salvation as something achieved through a single prayer, nor are all of us Creationists. We're also amillennialists, preferring allegory and metaphor to literalism. (Though, personally, I think the literal interpretations of both creation and the eschaton are better stories, i.e., more interesting literature when read literally, than their allegorical interpretations. That said, I'm also of the opinion they're allegorical - it's bittersweet.) Sacraments are of paramount importance and done every week, and we have (at least) seven of them - though, not each of them is practiced weekly, and baptism is for members of the church, infant or adult. And, our soteriology, view of salvation, includes the judicial/ransom metaphor, but isn't exhausted by it. Also, while we're pretty certain that the church is saved, we're not certain that everyone else isn't.

Also, I'd like to say that I'm glad to see a thread like this one.

19. quietnessandtrust profile image61
    quietnessandtrustposted 14 years ago

Messiah said

"I AM THE GREAT I AM.....AND I AM THE WAY~THE TRUTH~THE LIFE AND NO MAN CAN COME TO THE FATHER GOD EXCEPT THROUGH ME AND ALL ELSE ARE THIEVES AND MURDERERS AND ARE OF THE EVIL ONE"

So if you do not believe this, you are teaching utter lies.

1. mohitmisra profile image60

"There is no truth superior to me." (Lord Krishna, Bg. 7.7)

“The whole cosmic order is under me. By my will it is manifested again and again, and by my will it is annihilated at the end” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 9.8)

“Furthermore, O Arjuna, I am the generating seed of all existences. There is no being, moving or unmoving, that can exist without me” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 10.39)

"I am the source of all spiritual and material worlds. Everything emanates from Me. The wise who perfectly know this engage in My devotional service and worship Me with all their hearts" (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 10.8)

"Of all that is material and all that is spiritual in this world, know for certain that I am both the origin and the dissolution" (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 7.6)

http://hinduism.about.com/od/lordkrishn … rishna.htm

Christ-Krishna Connection
        Similarities in the Life & Teachings of Christ & Krishna

By Subhamoy Das, About.com
        Filed In:

1. Gods & Goddesses
           2. > Lord Krishna

"Krishna as Cowherd"

Krishna as Cowherd
        www.exoticindia.com
        Despite their differences, Hinduism and Christianity have great similarities. And this is particularly prominent in the case of the life and teachings of the two central figures of these world religions — Christ and Krishna.

Similarities in just the names of 'Christ' and 'Krishna' have enough fuel for the curious mind to prod into the proposition that they were indeed one and the same person. Although there is little historical evidence, it is hard to ignore a host of likenesses between Jesus Christ and Lord Krishna. Analyze this!

* Both are believed to be sons of God, since they were divinely conceived
            * The birth of both Jesus of Nazareth and Krishna of Dwarka and their God-designed missions were foretold
            * Both were born at unusual places — Christ in a lowly manger and Krishna in a prison cell
            * Both were divinely saved from death pronouncements
            * Evil forces pursued both Christ and Krishna in vain
            * Christ is often depicted as a shepherd; Krishna was a cowherd
            * Both appeared at a critical time when their respective countries were in a torpid state
            * Both died of wounds caused by sharp weapons — Christ by nails and Krishna by an arrow
            * The teachings of both are very similar — both emphasize love and peace
            * Krishna was often shown as having a dark blue complexion — a color close to that of Christ Consciousness

Similarity in Names
        Christ comes from the Greek word 'Christos', which means "the anointed one". Again, the word 'Krishna' in Greek is the same as 'Christos'. A colloquial Bengali rendering of Krishna is 'Kristo', which is the same as the Spanish for Christ — 'Cristo'.

The father of the Krishna Consciousness Movement AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada once remarked: "When an Indian person calls on Krishna, he often says, Krsta. Krsta is a Sanskrit word meaning attraction. So when we address God as Christ, Krsta, or Krishna we indicate the same all-attractive Supreme Personality of Godhead. When Jesus said, 'Our Father who art in heaven hallowed be Thy name', the name of God was Krsta or Krishna."

Prabhupada further says: "'Christ' is another way of saying Krsta and Krsta is another way of pronouncing Krishna, the name of God…the general name of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, whose specific name is Krishna. Therefore whether you call God 'Christ', 'Krsta', or 'Krishna', ultimately you are addressing the same Supreme Personality of Godhead…Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said: namnam akari bahu-dha nija-sarva-saktis. (God has millions of names, and because there is no difference between God's name and Himself, each one of these names has the same potency as God.)"
        God or Man?
        According to Hindu mythology, Krishna was born on earth so that the balance of good in the world could be restored. But, there are many conflicting theories regarding his Godhood. Although, Krishna's story depicts him as the ultimate Lord of the Universe, whether Krishna himself is God or man is still a contentious matter in Hinduism.

Hindus believe that Jesus, like Lord Krishna, is just another avatar of the Divine, who came down to show humanity in the righteous way of life. This is another point where Krishna resembles Christ, a figure who is both "fully human and fully divine."

Krishna and Jesus were both saviors of mankind and avatars of God who have returned to earth at an especially critical time in the lives of their people. They were the incarnates of the Divine Being Himself in human form to teach human beings divine love, divine power, divine wisdom, and lead the benighted world towards the light of God.
        Similarity in Teachings
        These two most admired of religious icons also claim to hold the completeness of their religions by themselves. It's interesting to note how alike each one spoke in the Bhagavad Gita and the Holy Bible about the righteous way of life.

Lord Krishna says in the Gita: "Whenever, O Arjuna, righteousness declines and unrighteousness prevails, my body assumes human form and lives as a human being." He also says, "In order to protect the righteousness and also to punish the wicked, I incarnate myself on this earth from time to time." Similarly, Jesus said: "If God were your Father, ye would love me; for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of Myself but He sent me."

At many places in the Bhagavad Gita, Lord Krishna said about His oneness with God: "I am the way, come to Me…Neither the multitude of gods, nor great sages know my origin, for I am the source of all the gods and great sages." In the Holy Bible, Jesus also utters the same in his Gospels: "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well…"

Krishna advises all men to continue working for the welfare of the state all through the life: "That man attains peace who lives devoid of longing, free from all desires and without the feeling of 'I' and 'mine'. This is the Brahman state…" Jesus too ensures man, "Him that overcometh 'I' will make a pillar in the temple of my God and he shall go no more out."

Lord Krishna urged his disciples to follow the art of scientific control of the senses. An expert yogi can withdraw his mind from old temptations of the material world and can unite his mental energy with the joy of inner ecstasy or samadhi. "When the yogi like a tortoise withdrawing its limbs, can fully retire its senses from the objects of perception, his wisdom manifests steadiness". Christ too delivered a similar directive: "But though, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thy shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly."

Krishna stressed the idea of the grace of God in the Gita: "I am the origin of everything, and everything arises out of Me…". Similarly, Jesus said: "I am the bread of life; he that cometh to me shall never hunger and he that believeth in me shall never thirst."

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ANY OF THE PROPHETS OR MASTERS OR ENLIGHTENED ONES.

20. errum fattah profile image61
    errum fattahposted 14 years ago

OH GOD!

21. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 14 years ago

God is everywhere & everything. 
    God sees all & knows all. 
    Can't keep secrets from God.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)