jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Mother Natures Cruellest Joke

1. aka-dj profile image80
    aka-djposted 7 years ago

Assuming the evolutionists stance for a moment, why the "religion gene"?
    I mean, if there is no God, and we all evolved, why is it that the majority of humanity has a bent toward God, religion, spirituality etc. I mean, if we evolved with it, why do animals NOT display any of these traits too?
    She must be a cruel, mean "son-of-a-****" lol

I know! Maybe it was her way of causing us to war over it, kill off massive numbers of each other so that our population would not get out of control.
    Ok, so maybe she got that wrong.
    What do you think?

1. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Who is she ? this mother nature? Sounds like somebody's wife !

2. kephrira profile image61
      kephriraposted 7 years ago in reply to this

We have a lot of traits that animals don't, or at least most of us do...

1. ScarletRyan1970 profile image60
        ScarletRyan1970posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I don't think Animals would want any of our traits.
        They usually run when they see us coming.
        The wild ones do anyway.
        Where is Tarzon when you need him.

3. 0
      cosetteposted 7 years ago in reply to this

i think most people are indoctrinated early on in life. i don't think religion is a gene.

4. mohitmisra profile image59
      mohitmisraposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Animals are more in tune with mother nature and god. Dont forget humans are also animals, Homo Sapiens .

2. shamelabboush profile image56
    shamelabboushposted 7 years ago

So, to control us, mother nature has been keeping us fighting!!! Get real my friend....

3. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

Oh the Arrogance of Man. yikes 
    They have NO Understanding of the other animals that share the world with them.
    Motivated by power over the rest of the animals; they shake books at eachother and polute the atmosphere with their beliefs of new found arrogance infused with the ignorance of natural evolution itself and call it God! lol

1. shamelabboush profile image56
      shamelabboushposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Couldn't process all that information, but I am sure you're right smile

4. Jerami profile image77
    Jeramiposted 7 years ago

And maybe the rest of the animal kingdom understands and cooperates with mother nature.
        Man is said to have eaten the forbidden fruit that gives the propensity to think ourselves equal to God and therefore think that we should also understand things that are not in our abilities to do so.

5. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

I'm going to take a shot at answering the OP's question, and I think it's not about any "religion gene".  It's about brain development, and human beings happened to be the first species to have their brains reach the type of development it has.  Yes, genes are at the root of the programming with regard to which species developed in which direction; but I'm not getting into that here.  It isn't the point.  Your question has inspired me to write a Hub instead of making my guesses here.  I'm posting it now.