there IS no God, ok?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 103 discussions (455 posts)
  1. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

NO God would champion religions that are populated with spectators instead of practitioners who are smug about their beliefs and who wear their faith like a "Members Only" badge.

NO God would allow famine-stricken nations with children crying out in their suffering, their mothers' hearts breaking, their fathers desperate, to exist on his so-called creation.

NO God would permit little children to be kidnaped, raped, tortured, beaten, abused, or to live in fear.

NO God would look the other way when animals suffer the most unimaginable torment and fate at the hands of the creatures he supposedly gave them to - Man.

NO God would give a book to the world so chock-full of conflicting content and glaring inconsistencies - It would be perfect, like God.

NO God would make Man jump through hoops to please him, then punish him anyway for a tiny thing like looking back.

NO God would give his "children" innate characteristics and traits, then punish them for acting on those traits.

NO God would command his children, or instill fear in them.

signed,
    the world's newest atheist.

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
      Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

All of the past gods have allowed these things to happen.  Not much use to us, are they?

2. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If man had just began life on earth, and his relationship with God had just begun, then we might be better equipped to understand. We might be better equipped to dictate to God what our requirements are. However he has been trying to convince us that we are not everything that we suppose that we are.

We are entering into the argument that man has been making with God way late in the day.  We read the last page of a book and condemn the whole concept of the book  ???

And we do this, not for the content of the book but, for all of the revues of the book that we have seen and heard.

Don't turn your back on God because his fan club sucks.
          I know that I have told my children that if you know better go for it, but don't blame me when it flies back in your face. 

Does that mean that I do not exist or that I did not love them when I let them go in their rebellion?

If I were new to my belief and was searching for answers, I do not think that I would find them in the mountains of interpretations being pushed by religiosity.

There is a Truth and no one can give it to you.
          Do not jump on anyone's band wagon.  Listen to the music but don't jump on the wagon.

1. profile image0
        cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

if you knew me at all, you would know jumping on bandwagons is not my style. thank you for your eloquence, however.

3. nikki1 profile image61
      nikki1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

My dear.. I for one am a Christian. I believe in the spirit of God. He fought for us. As well as his son. Jesus. On the Cross. I also believe in the bible. I feel for you to believe in this.
      God doesn't want his people to suffer. He wants us to succeed and brush our fears away, come together to figure out a way where no one suffers. I for one am a born again. He asks all of us to help one another. He gives us the tools so we can do what we need to do. He is only a spirit. He gives us strength so we can achieve our what ever. I for one recommand everyone listen to God/Jesus spirit.
      haveagreatday..
      nikki1
      Also, if you go to church ask a minister this. And see what he says. The issues you mention hurts God more than you know. By going to church. Together you with Gods strength.. can help with the issues you mention. That is why we have church/ community outreach in your town.
      I also forgive you for bashing God spirit.

4. LEFT HAND OF GOD profile image57
      LEFT HAND OF GODposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mankind had better get busy and repair everything in the opening post and stop waiting around for someone else to do it.

Or, they can stand there an point fingers at someone who they do not know and do not believe in. Which is easier, instead of doing something.

We should ask ourselves:
      "how many things do I say someone else should repair while I just stand there?"

We should ask ourselves.
      "do I do all that I can to put an end to the evil I observe?"

1. profile image0

don't you see that is why so many people don't believe in God? because they themselves couldn't just sit by and let someone beat the crap out of a sackful of puppies or an innocent child. and we are puny, weak, imperfect humans. God is like all powerful and everywhere and knows the beginning, middle and end of everything and does nothing. i am not blaming God for this world's ugliness - i ask why he has apathy for something he loves.

1. LEFT HAND OF GOD profile image57
          LEFT HAND OF GODposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You said there is not a god, title of the topic, so mankind can repair everything then.
          No need to question someone you do not believe in and if there is a god, he does not answer to mankind anymore than a judge answers to you in his court room.

People are apathetic, so ask them why they do nothing about evil, suffering and pain, forget about any god helping, see what you and mankind can do because they find fault with any supposed god.

If there is a god, he might say "hey, you do what is in your power to do and anything you cannot do, I will do and until you do all you can do I will do nothing"

5. nicomp profile image61
      nicompposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Argument from incredulity.

1. profile image0

actually this was not an argument, even though in your mind it does appear to be a logical fallacy. i was just expressing my feelings in response to some of the threads around here.

1. nicomp profile image61

Actually it is an argument, admittedly a weak one. When you start with "I don't see how", then you reach a conclusion based on your stated incredulity, you are making an argument.

6. sannyasinman profile image59
      sannyasinmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are not the first person to make these statements, and you certainly will not be the last.
      The basic answer to your questions is "God does not do any of these things. We do it all ourselves. God does not interfere because we have FREEWILL".

However, fuller explanations and individual answers to ALL of your questions, and many more, can be found in the "Conversations with God" books by Neale Donald Walsch. 
      Please note that these books have NOTHING to do with any religion.

1. profile image0

Hmm.

that sounds interesting. i will check it out. thanks very much.

(heh, ralwus smile

2. nicomp profile image61

And if we didn't have the free will, they'd complain that we didn't have free will.

7. Vladimir Uhri profile image61
      Vladimir Uhriposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I know your are disappointed. I am too. But God aloud what we aloud. He gave us free will and dominion over this earth. He set the pattern, how we will manage we will have. He cannot change His Word. I you change your word (like let say promise) you might destroy yourself. God has to keep His World. God is not manager of this planet, we are.
      We vote for example president or congress. What we voted we have. God will not vote for us. He will not believe or love for us, we have to.

8. megs78 profile image61
      megs78posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey Cossette,

What I want to say is not meant to be demeaning or rude, it is just something that is coming straight from my heart OK?

Even if we did invent God, imagine what the world would be like if we hadn't?  You think the world is horrible now?  can you even fathom the horrors and unspeakable crimes that may be committed if there were no Higher Powers 'so to speak' to keep us in even a little bit of line?

I know its hard to believe right now, especially when we are inundated with terrible happenings every moment of every day.  I know, I often question my faith as well.  But like my Grandfather once told me in my years of rebellion;

"Megan, I believe because it gets me to heaven if there is one, and if there isn't?  well, I won't know the difference will I?  I'll be dead!"

Though my faith is not based on a doubt that there is a heaven, it made me think all the same in ways that I had never thought before.  I hope this helps, because you seem to be hurting.  Take care,

Megs

1. profile image0

oh hey there! i'm not offended.

no i am not hurting at all, seriously! just asking questions that have no answer.

thanks for the nice comment.

9. paulhunter profile image58
      paulhunterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Cosette, Cosette" clam down there!! If there was a god,and he spoke to you, would he say that he belonged to any club?
      Everyone says"god does this and god does that" but god cant do any thing without the help or hindrance of you and I. Kind,regards Love

1. profile image0

i'm quite calm, actually. i don't know about my Christian brethren, however...

1. profile image52
          mikey9923posted 14 years agoin reply to this

hey paulhunter ..did u just say that God cant do anything wituout our help...lllolll where did you get your info from

10. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are right, no God would ever do this. But...
      There are Men and women, humans of power all over the world. Dictators, Presidents, Parliments, Kings, that are doing this every day. And "WE" as Humans are allowing them to.

It is not right.

11. Friendlyword profile image59
      Friendlywordposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Love
      I think you have God confuse with Religion. One has Absulutely nothing to do with the other. Religion teaches you fear and hate in the name of God.  GOD wrote his word on your heart. You know what is right and wrong and what is good and evil. You knew it from about the age of twelve. Just think! You are not gonna find GOD written on any page in any book.  You may find GOD again in the face of your first child or just looking up at the night sky. He's not in a book and he's certainly not in your logic. We being alive and spinning around out here in space makes no sense at all.  So just calm down, get to someplace quite and listen to GOD he's right there under your nose.
      http://hubpages.com/hub/A-Friendly-Word-on-Politics

1. tantrum profile image61
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh! that's God? I supposed I caught a cold !

12. rhamson profile image72
      rhamsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Could it maybe be that all of these things that exist are there to inspire us to overcome them?  In the process could it happen that we learn to confront and cure them?  And maybe in the end it draws us all closer to each other?

You cannot grow without doing something to make it happen.  Would it be better if God gave you everything and you would not have to work to change or understand anything?  I agree that the things you say are awful and my understanding of their existence is equally limited but is it Gods' will that they should be forever and always?

1. David Bowman profile image59
        David Bowmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So, we should just have faith?

1. rhamson profile image72

To quote a famous man "Faith without works is dead"

1. David Bowman profile image59
            David Bowmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

To quote another famous man: “Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence.”

1. rhamson profile image72
            2. underhiswings profile image61
              underhiswingsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen.

2. Vladimir Uhri profile image61

Exactly. The faith is active, it is action on faith. The work fallows the faith. When faith is wrong then work is wrong. When faith is right the action is right.  Vlad.

13. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ahh, you surely do protest a LOT about a God you claim to not believe in!

14. profile image0
      ellie1142545posted 14 years agoin reply to this

And yet there are Christians being persecuted against because of this....If you were to meet me today, and started talking, you would never know if I were a Christian, unless you asked....We open up, when asked about our Christianity, but believe actions speak louder than words.....

1. UpHisAss profile image60
        UpHisAssposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes - this is another truth teller. This one has never once started a conversation - ever. Always and only if she is asked. Well done. Excellent work. I will fight the persecution against you with all my strength. We need to fight, fight fight.

Nothing about her beliefs here:

http://hubpages.com/profile/ellie1142545

Nothing -only love for her fellow man. No mention of her beliefs. Never once will she start the conversation - but - if asked - will humbly announce her beliefs - quietly.

Well done - you Martyr you. Excellent work. Sorry you are persecuted when you never mention your beliefs.

Be strong. I will fan you. Thank you for quietly believing and never pushing. Ever. Not one thread started. Ever.

Powerful proof.

1. profile image0
          ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A half-wit gave you a piece of his mind, and you held on to it.

1. profile image0
            ellie1142545posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Talking to me?  I saw what he wrote, checked his site, and denyed him...So...What did I hang on to?

15. Lovly2008 profile image60
      Lovly2008posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Might be a dangerous thing to say there is no God unless you can prove it.  As to your questions of why God allows so many things, consider that maybe God is showing us what life on earth is like without his presence, having "free will" and disobeying Him. There are many people like you in the world who dont believe and want their way. This is how life is when you get YOUR way.

16. Real Estate Lady profile image61
      Real Estate Ladyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

God doesn't do all those things, sweetie. He gave us free will. And look at what we've done with it.

1. profile image0

hey there. nowhere have i ever said God does these things. he just doesn't see them...but since he is omnipresent, he has to see them and more than that, BE there when they are happening. what if America and her allies had looked the other way when Hitler was in power?

yes Man is brutal but he is also good and does what he can within his imperfect powers to right wrongs and seek justice. so why doesn't God who is perfect and almighty step in?

(i know...i sound like a broken record)

anyway you seem pretty nice. thank you for being so respectful!

2. profile image0
    zampanoposted 14 years ago

There might be no God,
    but there sure are Godesses...
    Thank God.

1. geminimoon profile image60
      geminimoonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL Blessed Be!!

3. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

No God is no good, most of the time. Some feeble human beings need a God to keep on living. If there 's no God, they will have to live in fear. And we don't want that . Do we ? big_smile

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Very Very True, this makes me think of John Lennon;

"Immagine there's no conutries, its not that hard to do. Nothing to Kill or Die for, and no religions too."

Fear and superstition starts it.

Jon

4. profile image0

I agree with you.
    "Nos quedamos mui esclarecidos"

oui, monsieur! big_smile

5. Len Cannon profile image87
    Len Cannonposted 14 years ago

Well, I'm glad we got that cleared up.

1. C.V.Rajan profile image59
      C.V.Rajanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Haha!  I liked it!

6. profile image49
    PirateGirlposted 14 years ago

Jeeeez let rip Cosette !

7. kephrira profile image60
    kephriraposted 14 years ago

maybe there is a God but Hes a bad God.

Oh God !! lol Then he's no good big_smile

1. profile image49
        PirateGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nahhhh if he was that crap he would be writing Hubs.

2. loveofnight profile image75
      loveofnightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

maybe there is a god and she's a bad girl

8. yoshi97 profile image56
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

If God did exist:

He would shake his head at those who professed their belief more than they proved it

He would feel shamed as we spent money on needless wars ... money that could feed the famine stricken children of the world

He would cry for the children that are kidnapped, raped, tortured, beaten, or abused ... as he would not be able to understand how his greatest creation could accomplish the most evil of acts

He would be frustrated at how his words had been jumbled together in a book, lost in interpretations that are confusing, contradictory, and meaningless to his flock

He would question why mankind continues to build monuments to him, and profess to know what he expects ... when all he asks for his tolerance

He would wonder why his children fear him, as he never meant for them to fear his beauty

... and then he would walk away, ashamed that his own creation never understood their existence. And perhaps ... he would start anew elsewhere, distraught by how his first creation had missed his message and billed him to be an angry, vile, demanding being that is all about obedience - not love

Ah yes, God does exist ... but he is probably God for another race now, as we squelched away all of our chances to prove we were worthy, as we grew more concerned with how to interpret his message to control others than we did to interpret it to make something of our own lives

signed,
    one of the few who watched God as he departed

9. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Why would he cry for our misfortunes? He knew everything before creating this universe. Remember ?So he couldn't be surprised.
    all the things you wrote  above, are some of the things why I stopped believing

10. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

I don't know Cosette, somebody cruel created the word 'lisp'. think about it.

11. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Why is everything blamed on God? There are demons here too! If God made everything perfect there were not be any indifferences and everyone would believe in the same thing. God is not the cause of it all we the people can think for ourselves that is why we has given us minds. We know what is right and what is wrong do we not? smile

No we don't. We learn. And by christian beliefs God ,who is all knowing, all almighty and all 'everithing ' is the creator of this world. so he's responsible. We are only the sheep in Jesus flock big_smile

1. Waren E profile image61
        Waren Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Even though he's all knowing,he's not responsible, he gave us free will to think and to choose for our selves and also the understanding to know right from wrong,Let me ENLIGHTEN you if I shoved a hand grenade down your foolish mouths and blow each of you to smithereens,I alone would be responsible for that, the FBI and the CIA would be coming after me not after GOD,even GOD would be preparing a swift Judgment leading to a hot little corner in the pit of ever rising smoke and flames,everybody is gonna get whats coming for them, believe it or not,say what you will now but understand this!
        even "death and hell we suffer in this life" who's evil works are being blamed on God will also be destroyed {"Revelations 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the {lake of fire}. This is the second death."}

First you say He does not exist /then you blame Him and say He is responsible!

How does that work? How can you feel hate and dread for a being after saying it does not exist!

Why care if he exist,what is your terror under the night sky,he gave you free will to choose Him or to choose everything else that seems better than Him, you are free to think freely...free thinkers!
        hating him is not going to help adjust your useless lives any better
        than it already is adjusted!

If you're going into the darkness at least be proud and bold about it ,I know I would be if that was my choice, and stop making the Devil laugh at your senseless pussbag assumptions and comforts here on the forum ! 

I REALLY hate cowards who beat around the bush,JUST SAY IT,SAY YOU HATE GOD AND THAT YOU WOULD HAVE NOTHING MORE TO DO WITH HIM, AND RELEASE YOURSELVES AND GET IT OVER WITH,NO ONE WOULD CARE,NO ONE, NOT EVEN GOD WOULD CARE,BECAUSE HE GAVE YOU {{{FREE WILL}}}SO WHY AGUE WITH CHRISTIANS,THEY WON'T CARE ONCE YOU MAKE UP YOUR MINDS!
        LOL LOL LOL LOL  LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!!!you LAMERS!lol LOL LOL!........................loL

FEEL MY MEANING YET YOU SAD PAGANS!!?!,!??!!

'First you say He does not exist /then you blame Him and say He is responsible!'
          I meant you believers think that, of course !
          and i don't hate God, as I can't hate something that doesn't exist
          And who's full of hatred here? It looks as you are, shouting in caps. Listen to yourself!!! So childish!  lol lol

2. Vladimir Uhri profile image61

They must blame somebody except themselves. But God loves them anyway. He said he will forgive their offenses of Him.
      It is not necessary also prove He is. Proof will not save anyone. Faith will. Vladimir

12. profile image0

tantrum
    You're a real believer
    hehehe

Well I sure believe in your fruit terrine or whatever it is that in your avatar! lol

13. Pr0metheus profile image57
    Pr0metheusposted 14 years ago

Sure there is.  But he's not all good - because good is a subjective term - and he's certainly not human.

lol lol so what's the point of a bad god. Is that what you believe ? Weird !!!  lol

14. profile image0

it looks like cranberries...

yes Prometheus beliefs are very fruitful lol

15. profile image0

you're so funny.

wicked, but funny smile

16. profile image0

it is a DIVINE strawberry pie.

17. profile image0

oOo...that sounds delicious.

18. profile image0
    thetruthhurts2009posted 14 years ago

Where do I begin to explain God to someone who does not know Him?
    First a foremost we must try to understand Isaiah 55:7-9 7"Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. 8For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. 9For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."
    I don’t know about you, but I wouldn’t want to serve a God I completely understand.

1)Religion has nothing to do with God. "Jesus is the most influential person who has ever lived. The difference between Jesus and religion is that Jesus is God's way to reach man, and religion is man's way to reach God." unknown No Religion will get you to heaven NONE The answer is Jesus Christ John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." It’s an exclusive group anyone can join. Even you!

2)People are starving because we are not feeding them, you're blaming God for a problem WE created and some governments have the means to feed their people, but they are corrupted by power and would rather let their people starve. We have free will and there are very sick people who don't really know God who do these acts, so why do you blame God for the actions of free men? Christians and others give to starving nations daily. What have you done to help the problem besides complain and blame God?  We call these people evil, But if there is no God  good and evil are subjective, but the only say what is bad because you know what is good, but if there is no God raping, killing  is no different then giving to poor or helping your fellow man. You can’t borrow God for morals and blame when people don’t follow God’s ideals. Believe it or not we have FREE WILL. If God did not give you free will and you were forced to obey Him this forum would not exist.  If you really want to follow atheism where it really leads I’ll show you your future in two words Friedrich Nietzsche.

3)We are in a falling state since the original sin of Adam. 1 Corinthians 15:22”For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.” Before the flood nothing ate meat because the world was perfect. Genesis 1:29-30 29And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. 30And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.
    After the Flood, we could eat meat Genesis 9:3 “Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. I have given you all things, even as the green herbs. But you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood.” ie no red meat(which is also a medical fact) and no cannibalism.

4) Regarding the bible If you don't know God how can except to understand His Word?

5)The old testament show that God does not tolerate sin, the new testament shows how you can escape God’s wrath(that’s why atheist tend to refer to the old testament always because if they stay atheist that’s all they’ll ever know of God is His wrath).  We all deserve His Wrath(Romans 3:12,Romans 3:23). Have you ever lied? That’s make you a liar.(Revelation 21:8 )  Have you ever stolen anything? That make you a thief.(1 Corinthians 6:9-10 ) Have disobeyed your parents? Have you hated someone? That make you a murderer.(1 John 3:15 ). You show me a good person I’ll show you a liar. The wage of all sin is death. BUT even though we are ALL sinners, God loves us  so much He came to earth as Jesus Christ to suffer and die for ALL of our sins. All we gotta do is repent ie turn away from our transgressions and trust in Jesus Christ alone for salvation. It’s simple ,but atheist still don’t get it “God uses the simple to confound the wise” It’s a free gift Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.  no "good" deed will ever be enough to repay God. You can't earn your salvation, no penance nothing the good works you see Christians do it not to earn anything it’s a natural reaction to being saved from hell and being the given the gift of everlasting life. This is the part atheist don’t seem to understand and God predicted you and people like you from the beginning of time. (1 Corinthians 1:18, 2 Peter 3:3-5)

6)Those who fear God don’t know Him. I as believer am in utter awe of His perfect love and amazing power that has transformed my life and that is where all fear dies. I’m saved by the grace of Jesus Christ. I am a sinner I’ve lied, stolen, lusted, coveted I’ve broken all the commandants and I deserve Hell, but because God so loved the world he gave came to earth as Jesus Christ to die on the cross your all my sins and yours We’ll never be able to pay him back, my good works are a reaction to the grace I received from Jesus, I can never pay God back for what he has done for me. I’m free!  Praise Jesus Christ!!
    Last Question Are you saved?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhKtWzZ_4IQ

Yay!!!!

That should do it. Maybe some more Youtube proof would help. I am joining your fan club right now - you are wonderful. Fantastic. !!

The TRuth Hurts. Love it - you are very, very, very good. DId I say Good I meant God? Joining now. I hope - really really hope you will allow me to be your fan.,

1. profile image0

i don't know why that's funny big_smile

i will read thetruthhurts' fabulous post and respond in a bit.

2. Randy Godwin profile image59
        Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I sure hope he allows you to join his fan club.  I've never observed anyone pee their pants on here before!

3. profile image0
        thetruthhurts2009posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You don't amuse me.

Does that mean I cannot be your fan? sad

1. profile image0

I cannot accept praise from anyone, the only recognition I want is from Jesus Christ on the day of His return, because I’m simply doing what He has laid upon my heart to do. I don't know what kind of game your playing, but if you really want to know about Him I'll be more than glad to tell you how I came to know Him and Why I know He is.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOJByUoU9yY

2. profile image0

actually, i was a practicing Catholic throughout my childhood. i had what i felt was an intimate knowledge of God and i loved Jesus and believed him to be the Son of God.

why not? what is wrong with being understood? doesn't that being children closer to their parents? the only ones who need mystery, smoke and mirrors are illusionists and street preachers. and why does the bible assume people who don't believe are wicked?

i was a humble servant of the Lord when i was a child and teen and never lorded my religion over nonbelievers or made them feel small or outcast because they didn't believe as i did. "religion has nothing to do with God"? that's like saying pregnancy has nothing to do with sex. the two are inseperable!

i am not blaming God. i am questioning whey he looks the other way. i wouldn't look the other way if i witnessed that. i would do everything in my power to stop it! and since he has powers greater than a thousand Supermans, why do nothing?

i am not talking about eating meat. i am talking about animal abuse, do you not know the difference?

there you go again, assuming ALL non-believers are ignorant of scripture, or don't know God. it's so easy to paint people into corners with labels, isn't it? i am SPIRITUAL but i don't believe in the Christian depiction of God...it's ridiculous. why not just say 'ok, that's cool' instead of 'you're going to burn in Hell' or whatnot. and it doesn't matter how good you are, how kind...if you are not "saved" you might as well forget about it, is that what you are saying?

i have never hated anyone but even if i did, how would that make me a "murderer"?

1. profile image0

1 John 3:15  “Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.” This is how I know you don't understand God's Word.
        There is no such thing as an ex Christian. Either you A)weren't really Christian then or you're B)not really and atheist now. I think you’re B
        When your parent told you not to do something did you always understand Why? And when you didn’t get you’re way didn’t you mad with them too?  It's the same way with Jesus.

1. profile image0

then why spell it out in the ten Commandments (thou shalt not kill). why not say 'Thou shalt not hate'?

that is true, i do not fully understand the Bible - do you? there are scholars out there who study it their whole life and still don't fully understand it.

gosh, thanks! roll

for your erudition, i was very devout. do you know what that means? the problem with labels is they are too specific...we are all made up of layers in many shades of gray.

ok. maybe YOU can tell me why your God looks the other way, or why he plays headgames with people. i really want to know! so far no one has ever answered this. is it because there in no answer?

1. profile image0

I wrote a hub on the ex-Christian deal please refer to that.
            Let me get this straight you hate God for punishing Lot's wife for looking back(disobeying God) and you hate him for my punishing rapist today? How much sense does that really make? Everyone we face judgment. EVERYONE. You may think they're getting away with something, but they are not God cannot lie when he says He'll punish sins He will.(Revelation20;11-15)
            You must first FULLY submit(to a Christian submit means to go under the protection of God) to God and His will then and only then will you realize whose playing head games with you... it's satan.

1. profile image0

i am not going to read your hubs. please post any narrative in which i say i HATE God.

please also post any content in which i commented on any discussion about "punishing rapist".

i have no idea what you are talking about.

1. profile image0

Pease tell me what is your feeling toward the God of the bible.  You inferred God allows rape I presume you want them to be punished, cause God cannot take away free will.

2. profile image0

If you won't read the answers to your questions why ask them?

19. profile image0

it was...
    oh my! Here comes the flood !

20. profile image0

smile

21. Pr0metheus profile image57
    Pr0metheusposted 14 years ago

wHen did I say he was a bad god?  I just said he wasn't good, because the term good is subjective.   He just is.   Thanks for the sarcastic insult on my beliefs.

22. Maira818 profile image70
    Maira818posted 14 years ago

haha! how ignorant!!. so, if there was a God then we would all be happy, happy, happy.... the reality of it is that there are evil things happening in the world, but as humans do not take responsibility, it is just easy to blame God for all.  hahaha ridiculous. 

pull the plug on atheists

1. profile image0

Long story short. Amen!

23. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 14 years ago

If there were no God then "Raiders of the lost ark" would have been a real crappy movie.

24. Cranoo profile image60
    Cranooposted 14 years ago

Satan causes these things, only for god there would be NOTHING but suffering!

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That would be the satan that god made, If you cannot see the madness in this you don't want too! :LOL:

.lol: lol Hi earnest !

2. profile image0

Haha, Earnest, god is love, but Satan is 30 and two sets to one up.

3. humbledhomely profile image35
        humbledhomelyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

this madness you refer to - that is free will.
        satan, God's creation disobeys him through free will.

but we all seem to want a perfect life where God controls all and makes thing good and good only, creating a place where evil does not exist, because it only exists through free will that God has allowed. Therefore God is at fault for giving man free will, and we'd be better off not existing or existing as puppets
        and robots.

lol

We will go on and on killing and destroying as long as closed minded people want to fight over who's god is right. It is simple. There is no god. smile

25. profile image0

God permits wickedness. that is true. instead of asking me a question, please answer mine. why does he permit wickedness?

1. profile image0

I did several times Free Will and Everyone we face judgment. EVERYONE. You may think they're getting away with something, but they are not God cannot lie when he says He'll punish sins He will.(Revelation20;11-15)

1. profile image0

oh

well i am not going to look up your scripture.

if you were walking down the street and saw someone kicking a sack full of puppies, would you try to stop him, or would you shrug and say 'they have free agency'?

if you walked on and saw someone molesting a child, would you try to stop him, or would you shrug and say 'they have free agency'?

do you see where i am going with this?

1. humbledhomely profile image35

what if both persons had a gun?

do you see what I did there?

you can't expect to waltz through life and be a hero  without the consequences.

the question is, does your mindset change when you consider them?

1. profile image0

if they had a gun????

seriously???

i would STILL intervene!!!!!

and no my mindset does not change.

2. Pr0metheus profile image57
      Pr0metheusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

especially if hes all good, all knowing and all powerful

3. nikki1 profile image61
      nikki1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

He doesn't like it either, however, he is a forgiving spirit.
      He is a loving spirit.

26. profile image0

where did you answer? seriously, i'm not seeing it. this is not deliberate on my part. i don't play games like that...

1. profile image0

You seem confused do you not realize you and I are too wicked.

1. profile image0

oh boy

try to remember even as i am typing a response you are responding and we are overlapping each other!

2. tantrum profile image61

Really ??? yikes lol

1. profile image0

bwahaha! big_smile smile

27. dohn121 profile image81
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

As a Buddhist, I believe that there is no God.  There is only suffering and a means to end suffering...

What kind of loving God allows so much suffering in this world? The 6 million Jews during the holocaust, the over 20 million Russians under Joseph Stalin, and Pol Pot in what used to be Cambodia...The list goes on. What God allows helpless babies, like my friend's baby be born with her heart and lungs outside her body?  She's innocent!  Or other babies that are born without arms, legs, or eyes?  And please don't tell give me that old stand-by about how His logic is higher than ours or mine and that we just don't understand but must trust him.  That trick only works when I was 4.  I follow Buddhism because it makes perfect sense.  Where is the logic in Christianity?

I urge everyone to read the Dhammapada to learn more about the teachings of Buddha.

1. profile image0

Joseph Stalin, Pol Pot and Hitler were all evolutionist who believed killing their own people would speed up the evolutionary process, and Hilter thought Jews were not evolved as the Germans and thus must be killed. That what you get when you take God out of Creation. Don't take my word look it up your yourself.

1. dohn121 profile image81
        dohn121posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why would God allow this?  What about defenseless babies?  Where was your God then during this spell of mass murder and suffering?  Where was your powerful God that allows Moses to part the Red Sea, turn water into wine, and smite the Babylonians but cannot stop the sufferings of millions for millenias?  Answer the question, don't justify the acts of hatred of the few.

1. profile image0

Why not? You use the evil actions of a few men dictate your belief in no God, If there is no God how do know killing is wrong is abortion wrong? Why? I know, but how do you know?

Again, YOU ARE NOT ANSWERING MY QUESTION.  What kind of LOVING AND COMPASSIONATE GOD ALLOWS THIS TO HAPPEN?  Even as children, we know right from wrong.  When I was 5 I stuck my hand into the fire place and knew instantly that it was dangerous and hot and that I should not do it again.  What you are suggesting is that we be reminded of the atrocities in this world by sacrificing the innocent that harmed no one?  Karma can better explain this.  What does your God explain?

1. profile image0

Define "innocent"?

eg. Babies

1. profile image0

babies go to heaven. They are are killed by actions of people who have feel will(women who are prochoice, abusive parent,poor nations) what part free will is not sinking in.

You are going off topic...Why does God allow them to be born so cruelly...Unlike you, I can answer this question.  What does your God say?

2. dohn121 profile image81

By the way, did I do this?  You must have me confused with someone else.

1. profile image0

TTH did this to me also. i think they have canned responses at the ready and then just insert them here and there yikes

1. profile image0

What? Pleas explain. I answered your questions, but you won't accept the answers.

1. profile image0
                  Onusonusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh, the irony.

1. profile image0

Do really want to start that up again. You deleted all the comments I made so no one would see I answered your questions. So please.

2. dohn121 profile image81

Thanks for that before...Please read the Dhammapada!  It's great.  I try to read it everyday.  The Juan Mascaro translation is probably the best adaptation.  You da best big_smile

1. profile image0

i will.

i am a seeker.

it's too bad no one understand this.

cheers. i have to go shampoo my hair.

1. profile image0

Atheist means- NO GOD
                    Agnostic means-NO KNOWLEDGE
                    a true seeker is an agnostic, but you claimed atheism is your opening so which is it.

2. profile image0

I answered the qustions in my first reply in this forum please refer back. You claim we get are morals from are parents, if that's what if our parents were immoral, my dad was. If there is a moral law there must be a moral law giver. If not moral law is subjective and I could kill anyone because those are morals as I view them.

Um...When did I make this claim?

1. profile image0

"Even as children, we know right from wrong." Stop with word the games.

2. humbledhomely profile image35

Say, what if a chemical allowed multiple births to be mutated and go wrong.

Is that still God's fault for allowing man to be intelligent and create useful yet harmful substances and releasing them into the environment without the public's consent?

Was it God's fault that the United States did nothing when escapee Jews from concentration camps informed them about what was happening in Germany?

Was it God's fault that Joseph Stalin assumed his role as dictator of Russia an ensue committing those horrid crimes?

Maybe we should go back to the perfect days when God ruled us and we had no free will to do what we wanted, that way we could never do wrong with God pulling our strings.

How does something make perfect sense in an imperfect world? Why can sense be perfect but the world cannot?

You're right on one thing, the Dhammapada  explains a lot, and seems to answer your own questions in the process, and none of it blames God.

28. humbledhomely profile image35
    humbledhomelyposted 14 years ago

Why does God "look the other way" when things go wrong? Why do you bypass the real problem which is man, and blame everything on God?

When someone murders a person, do you overlook that man with satan lurking over his shoulder and blame the death on God?

What is with your infatuation with man, to believe that we are perfect, nothing we do can go wrong, and when wrong happens it must be none other than God?

Why do you want God to hold your hand throughout your life, to clean up after all of your messes and pay attention to your each and every need and desires?

And I'm glad you've gone to church and participated in a religion, but that doesn't mean you've known God. There will be people who are practically born in religion and the church and won't go to heaven  STILL.

Sorry to be vague, in this world where you have to prove everything to make people believe you, where fact is simply one person saying something with anything he can call proof, and having other people "pass it on" in order to become "true", when fact is whatever we want it to be, as long as we're "right" tongue

with God you need to seek Him for yourself and your questions.

1. profile image0

actually, God never held my hand in life. and i asked him to in prayer. isn't that what we are taught - to pray?

anything i got in life...i got myself. i stopped asking God to help me a LONG time ago.

i am not infatuated with Man.

i wonder why a perfect all powerful God sits and does nothing when people suffer. if you don't want to answer the question, that's fine. i am interested in expressing my viewpoint and listening to people with some answers, not to trade volleys with someone that go nowhere.

going to the liberry tomorrow...thanks!

Oh I see.
        You want God to answer to you why He lets man do whatever his wishes? As in, why does man have free will?

Why do people suffer what?
        Hunger?

Why not ask why Americans dump millions of food each year and how we contradict ourselves by actually housing homeless and poor people (excuse the recession period).

Pain?
        War? Why one chooses to fight another battles (the leader) without knowing in full detail of the actual situation?

Disease?
        As in why do people make money off other people getting and staying sick?

Abuse? As to why our systems of justice are flawed and release the evil yet bring harm to the innocent? Or why the laws can't protect the people who don't have money to pay others to look "the other way"

Mind you these are few examples, but I wonder...

What is it do we suffer that we do not bring upon ourselves?, that is the question I ask if you actually want an answer, or just to find one that happens to suit you.

1. profile image0

nowhere do i say we are not responsible for what we are!!!!

i don't need an answer to "suit me".

i
          just
          need
          an
          answer.

so far no one on this thread who believes in the Christian God can justify his apathy.

What about the muslim god? Or the hindu one? Or the jewish one?
            why can't god be in all religions, as you've previously stated the two subjects are one in the same.

The irony in that you state you don't need an answer that you want, is that there are many posts giving you answers and you're not satisfied.

No, you don't want an answers, because that's what's already been given and will continue to be given.

You want satisfaction, and maybe you'll find it, or maybe you won't.

And if you do agree that we have brought upon us the suffering that we endure, why continue with this discussion.

Please tell me something we don't cause harm to ourselves with, for that is the only thing or things that you can bring up to complaint with God for, no?

For if man is to blame for what man suffers, why bother looking for sources anywhere else?

I'm a bit to confused as what you're seeking. You want answers, but you've refused them so far. You agree that we are what we bring, yet look for the problem somewhere else.

Tell me, instead of asking why God does what you say he does, what would you rather He do differently?

AND ALL THAT IT'S YOUR GOD CREATION ! I'm really fed up now !! Goodbye ! sad

rofl
            can you be so serious?

I'll assume you skimmed to protect you and prevent me from amusing myself.

But let me remind you, I've just written things that man has done to man himself, and you've blame that on God, therefore you would agree if I were to say you'd rather be a robot than have the free will which has lead to what I've briefly described, no?

Actually you have no say, your reply has made your decision for you.
            tongue

Man is God's creation, so I blame man's doings to God. I suppose he knew what he was doing ?
              I'm happy I've amused you. As your so basic you're very easily amused! big_smile

Oh come on, very great explanation I may say myself. You've impressed me, but to reach so low to prove yourself of something.

So, let me get this straight, because God created us and we're such a mess, it's his fault?

You're belittling yourself as well as you are I in order to prove something?
                sad

lol lol I'm not proving anything. And I can care less if you think I'm belittling me. Maybe i just want to be at your level. Trying to understand you. lol

Try an English class and you'll be on a good head start lol

'rofl
                can you be so serious? '
                lol joining your laughter

lol I'm never serious, when I comment on silly posts

sadly you've seemed to quote your own in the process, allow me to join you lol

lol lol  You can join me if you like. And if I seemed to quote myself in the process,That's your view. Maybe you're short sighted lol

29. ScarletRyan1970 profile image61
    ScarletRyan1970posted 14 years ago

Oh! I respect your views cossette but i have seen too much
    muchhhhhhh freakyyyyy stuff in the Australian Outback not to believe that there is no God.I guess i am justttt goingggg
    to playyyyyyy it safeeeeeeee.

1. profile image0

haha!! smile anyone can disagree i don't mind. that's what makes the world go 'round.

2. Eaglekiwi profile image75
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

there IS no God,ok contrary statement,but yours nevertheless.

Im inspired to create a post of my own , but theres already too many and I have a feeling it would only feed my procastination ,sigh, but if I did  it would read.

If you think there is no God, why is He on your mind again? smile

1. profile image0

*off topic* I remember that Xena show, it was good.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75

lol yea the pic is from my pirate day last week, cept she was in my folder ,so out she jumped lol...

30. Make  Money profile image66
    Make Moneyposted 14 years ago

"there IS no God, ok?"

Nope

31. hvsweetie profile image59
    hvsweetieposted 14 years ago

While I often question the existence of God, I cannot say that it is not beneficial to first believe in God and his simple preachings and then later change your mind. Religion has taught us morality... and that's any religion - not just Christianity. Without morality, where would this world be?

My religion is kindness.

32. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 14 years ago

Also job was speaking about rinosseruses, giraffes, serpents, and the Devil. still nothing pointing to Dinosaurs.

1. profile image0

The word dinosaurs was invented in 1842 way after bible was written, but the animals were there.The Behemoth Job 40:15-24
      The Leviathan-Job chapter 41, Psalm 104:25, 26 and Isaiah 27:1
      tanniyn (dragon) =dinosaur

behemoth= brachiosaurus

Leviathan=kronosaurus
      keep em coming.

1. profile image0

Doesn't prove anything, noone ever even thought of the big thunder lizards untill they were discovered by archaeologists. you still prove nothing.

1. profile image0

lol okay you still got some questions to answer!

1. profile image0

i already answered them twice. You just didn't accept the outcome.big_smile

1. profile image0

How many wives did Joseph Smith have?(give me the number) Is the doctrine and teachings for the practice of plural marriage still in your present-day LDS Scriptures Doctrines and covenants 132?

1. profile image0

I can answer and answer, and answer and he still asks the same questions. Broken record.

Now how did people get to the Americas? And give an answer directly from the Bible.

1. profile image0

All life's answers are on here aren't they?

2. nicomp profile image61

Strawman argument

3. profile image0

come on man lolol what did you get all that straw?

1. profile image0

That is a strange sentence, can you back it up with the bible?
                    Still avoiding my questions? how ironic.
                    I wonder why? Oh yeah! It's because they are stupid ones. wink

33. profile image0

hmm

bitter

obsessed with grammar

now who could that be, i wonder. what with all these alter egos turning up these days...

now, TheTruthHurts, i don't like labels. i consider myself a very spirutual person. i don't believe in your Christian god. i hope that explains it.

and i am not asking your god to explain himself - i am asking you, his "followers", "disciples", "believers", however you want to be referred to, to explain it.

pot calling the kettle black.

lol

34. profile image0

why not?

1. profile image0

I was trying to help, you "seeker", but nevermind then. Have a great day.

35. profile image0

thank you, you "believer". you have a pleasant day also big_smile

p.s. i don't see how dinosaurs could have been on the ark...two T-rexes, two Stegasauruses, etc. Then again i never understood how it had room for regular animals like whales, elephants, rhinos. etc...

Argument from incredulity.

2. profile image0

ever heard of babies, and why would water creatures need to be on an ark to survive a flood....of water?

1. profile image0
        sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol  OMG, are you kidding?  This was a joke statement right...right?

2. profile image0

well, Noah was tasked with snagging two of EVERY creature...i assumed that included sea creatures. so he took BABY animals?

that is the first time i heard that. what verse is that part in?

what about fresh water fish? how could they survive when waters flooded the earth, dilluting itself with salt water from the seas and rain?

there are many ways sea creatures can die...certainly not from drowning. if it rained for forty days and forty nights, there would be no sunlight, which would kill off plankton. other things would be affected including sea temperatures, currents, PH, etc.

what did those guys eat on the ark for forty days?

what did the animals eat?

where did they store all the food?

So the LORD said, "I will wipe mankind, whom I have created, from the face of the earth — men and animals, and creatures that move along the ground, and birds of the air — for I am grieved that I have made them." Genesis 6:7

what did the animals do that merited their death? they don't sin.

1. profile image0

Genesis 6:20"Two of every type of bird, every type of domestic animal, and every type of creature that crawls on the ground will come to you to be kept alive."a lion and a house cat are different species, but are the same kind. Noah did not gather every species, Common sense. Why would any smart man carry the oldest largest creatures to re-populate the earth. Come on. Btw the math add up perfectly the current earth population if 8 people survived the flood as the bible states. Do you realize how big the ark was there was plenty of room for everything they needed. Why do you put animals on the same plain and humans God made man in His image to rule over everything on the land. 
          If your rotten neighbor and your favorite dog were both drowning which would you save? I would save the man no matter how rotten, because he was made in God’s image. What say you?
          Read the entire book of Genesis and you'll have your answers you seek, and I gave you a source with all the scientific evidence in favor of the creation account and the flood account(Answers in Genesis), but you refuse to look, what more can I do.

1. profile image0

hee hee smile

better to paint me as a wounded soul than answer straight, thoughtful sincere questions with straight, thoughtful sincere answers.

1. megs78 profile image61

I take back the 'hurt' thing, and I am not praying for you and making you feel uncomfortable or weird right now.  Sorry if I misread your words, tis the brandy, as per Eaglekiwi...cheers smile

1. profile image0

no problemo smile

that comment was directed to TheTruthHurts, not you.

2. profile image0

If I didn't see pain I would not have responded, if prayer makes you feel weird, imagine how Christians feel when we read your words, because we know the God you don't. I'm not fighting you. Goodnight Cosett.

1. profile image0

where do you get this stuff from? i never said prayer makes me feel weird. do you just make this up and then type it in?

still waiting on that answer, i see.

no one ever answers any questions. they just attack people who ask them.

36. profile image0

Please dear god answer my prayer and protect me from your followers.

1. Flightkeeper profile image67
      Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL!

37. sannyasinman profile image59
    sannyasinmanposted 14 years ago

If God did not exist, we would have to invent Him.

1. R P Chapman profile image61
      R P Chapmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We did. Look at the fuss it caused! tongue

1. sannyasinman profile image59

No, no. God does exist. I've found Him. Two days ago. I've hidden him in the cupboard at the top of the stairs. Promise you won't tell anyone. OK?

38. profile image0

Hah! God must love stupid people� He made so many of them.

lol cool

39. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Cosette you have made a clear and accurate case against the bible and religion, I cannot argue with it.
    smile well said!

1. profile image0

thank you Earnest!

40. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

I just say they got the wrong god or wrong idea or something, something just got them all mixed up.  Of course ya'll know my thoughts about his so called god. wink

41. earnestshub profile image80

cosette wrote:

NO God would champion religions that are populated with spectators instead of practitioners who are smug about their beliefs and who wear their faith like a "Members Only" badge.

NO God would allow famine-stricken nations with children crying out in their suffering, their mothers' hearts breaking, their fathers desperate, to exist on his so-called creation.

NO God would permit little children to be kidnaped, raped, tortured, beaten, abused, or to live in fear.

NO God would look the other way when animals suffer the most unimaginable torment and fate at the hands of the creatures he supposedly gave them to - Man.

NO God would give a book to the world so chock-full of conflicting content and glaring inconsistencies - It would be perfect, like God.

NO God would make Man jump through hoops to please him, then punish him anyway for a tiny thing like looking back.

NO God would give his "children" innate characteristics and traits, then punish them for acting on those traits.

NO God would command his children, or instill fear in them.

signed,
        the world's newest atheist.

Any logical thinking person could not reason otherwise.

The psychology is clear. Any god who wrote or behaved in the ways laid out in the religious tomes would be deemed psychotic.

Religionists do not get the hurt felt by others when they claim that little children are tortured and raped because of the devil or, original sin, or whatever. All apparently god made!
    The human condition is the problem, and we are learning why... fast!
    Nothing to do with any man made gods, it is down to bad access to good brain chemistry!
    The human DNA is pretty badly made too and when the loonies  keep out of trying to stall science on "moral" grounds, DNA will be refined to promote the uptake of seratonin and dopamine to normal levels.

Simple test:
    Take mdma and then sprout about your god!

You will see the light again, only this time with your brain working more like it should!
    Religionists will not take drugs! They are immoral.
    The truth is they take them all day unknowingly, and the prescription drugs they take are mostly dangerous, but they have an excuse not to learn. It's called the bible. smile

42. earnestshub profile image80

If that is the case then your god is a fool! smile

1. Vladimir Uhri profile image61

I just wander who is really fool.

Well wonder no longer. smile

43. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Oh hell I forgot why I came again lol ( slaps side of head) ,waves hello and heads back out for a cheeseburger smile

1. profile image0

lol I know huh.  I just stop by for the laughs. smile  Have a cheeseburger for me. I am friggin hungry but cannot satisfy my appetite plus I got this migraine like head ache that wont quit.

I bet a cheeseburger would make it all better.  Pickles, tom and cheese only please. big_smile

Ohhhhh I hate those kinda headaches ,sigh's, I only seem to get them when tiredness and chemicals hit(food) at the same time,boom , friction on the nervous systems....throw in noise and idiots Im a strong contender for violence lol...

2 cheeseburgers comin up and a lime shake wink

1. profile image0

Thank you! I never had a lime shake before but it sounds like it could be good. smile

2. earnestshub profile image80

Hey! Easy on the cheeseburgers! I only came to hubpages to ogle your bodies! smile

1. profile image0

lol, virtual cheeseburgers only have like 0 calories.  They are the new in thing. smile

Some fantasies can make ya fat lol

2. earnestshub profile image80

Oh boy!!! Gimme 5 with double cheese, I'll get the coffees and soft drinks! lol

1. profile image0

Yeah, you know what screw 2.  I want five too!  http://images.chron.com/blogs/whitehouse/archives/cheeseburger.jpg

lol you beat me do it lol

ps. Shall I say grace or you ? wink

1. profile image0

Well our traditional family grace was "rubba dub dub thanks for the grub, Amen."  It drove my mom nuts! big_smile

44. earnestshub profile image80

I see no hurt, just an honest response to the many posts that state that there is a god. smile

hmmm, I see a little bit of hurt in her words, but maybe I'm off tonight...I did have a brandy before supper...oh yeah and 2 glasses of shiraz, damn, maybe I'm too drunk to be giving advice wink

45. R P Chapman profile image61
    R P Chapmanposted 14 years ago

ssshh, we're ordering cheeseburgers! tongue

46. Eaglekiwi profile image75

Ok that was wrong

http://pakistanifoodrecipies.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/banana-lime1.jpg

http://www.zvents.com/images/internal/4/5/4/0/img_170454_primary.jpg

I opologise to readers if these pics are offensive ,they are not necessarily the views of the company lol

1. R P Chapman profile image61
      R P Chapmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

proper laughed out loud smile

Good laughter -medicine for the soul big_smile

47. Eaglekiwi profile image75

Ok guys ,thanks for the company ,back to Bible study...( though Ive spied a side door ) wink

48. Eaglekiwi profile image75

Megs has got it going on big_smile

Ya wanna be my alter ego lol

smile  you're making me blush...

tis the brandy hehe

49. profile image0

omg haha smile

hey, Truth:

you know, the Hubble found *millions* of galaxies...surely there are creatures on some of those planets in those millions of galaxies. so God must have created them too...so where do those aliens go when they die? do they have the Ten Commandments too?

1. profile image0

You are without excuse it's simply a denial game now, I'm done playing. The hurt in your words led me to reply. I’ll be praying for ya. Praise God! Have a great evening.

2. sannyasinman profile image59

Great question. There can surely be no doubt that ET's exist. What do the religious believers say? Do they have their own ET heaven? Do they share it? Is there one heaven per planet, per race, per galaxy?

1. Maira818 profile image70
        Maira818posted 14 years agoin reply to this

i think you ask hard questions, and me as christian do not know the answer to all because i is not God.  there are somethings that only God knows.  we have limited knowledge in the very huge universe.  a thing i know is that God exists for me, because i have had an encounter him. might anyone deny my encounter to be genuine?

i have heard it all before, just because atheist have yet to experience an encounter with God, they close the mind and say "there is no God"  that is not very rational thinking...

pull the plug on atheist

1. profile image0
          lynnechandlerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There are a lot of unanswered questions in this thread. A thread that was started by someone who doesn't believe there is a God or he doesn't exist. Just because she or any of the others haven't stated that they had an encounter with God doesn't give you the right to come in here and say pull the plug on atheist.

She is asking logical questions, who knows maybe if someone could answer her in a logical path it might lead her to change her mind, it might not but without even trying to answer the questions you never no.

Instead again all we see is people wanting to attack the people who do not believe or are questioning his very being. Did you not have questions before your so called encounter with him? I bet you did.

Anyways, before another person comes in here to attack anyone it would do you all well to consider the questions that are asked and try to offer up an explanation for them that would logically make sense to the OP.

i am thinking you just read the last part of my post!  and who are you to tell me what i should say or not? not much as i could say what you should say here in the forum.. right?

pull the plug on atheist big_smile

pull the plug on yourself!

You said

'i have heard it all before, just because atheist have yet to experience an encounter with God, they close the mind and say "there is no God"  that is not very rational thinking...'

We don't need to experience any encounter  with God as we don't believe.
          So to think 'there's no God' is an irrational thinking? More irrational is to think there is lol
          And about you encounter with God, I'm not commenting, as for sure i will hurt your feelings
          And to say 'pullthe plug on atheists' is very rude an shows a terrible lack of  understanding.

see you are so closed to the idea of having an encounter with God, and now you go calling people close minded!   you contradict yourself.   hahaha:D

Lol: lol Where do I say that I'm close to an encounter with God ? I said I didn't need the experience .
              and about your encounter with God I said:

'And about you encounter with God, I'm not commenting, as for sure i will hurt your feelings'

So as you see I've said i wouldn't hurt your feelings. And you return to me calling me hypocrite.
              Thank you so much !I seethat you're a fine example of 'christian love '

Waiting for your answer lol

Here it is , in case you forgot

50. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

I want someone to explain to me how a 982 yr old man could build this ark to begin with and then gather all these animals? It's rubbish.

Oh and then you want to convince me that incest is a sin but hmmm well if only 8 people were aboard this ark and they were all related?

1. profile image52

LOL... I didnt understand either. But in noans time..There was way way way lesss sin in the world. So GOD created us to live forever. But as time went by more sin entered> so thats why nobody really lives that long anymore> rubbish maybe but look around us>>>

1. profile image0
        lynnechandlerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We ate from the tree of knowledge not the tree of eternal life so that explanation doesn't fly with me.

1. profile image52

yes your right !!but we still ate from it! and by doing so we sind! and that is when sin entered the world.. And awsome bible knowledge : )))

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)