Why are the religious so arrogant?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (132 posts)
  1. marinealways24 profile image59
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

-Why are the religious so arrogant in their beliefs and preaching when they truly know nothing?

1. UpHisAss profile image59
      UpHisAssposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think you are confusing "knowing more than you do without having to do any work," with "arrogance."

I mean - we have the Truth - and in my case - I have been convikted, which is the next step down from "prophet," and only one more to do.

I Know. You DO Not. Simple. Nothing "arrogant," about it.

marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol I wish you well in your promotion to prophet. Sorry to break it to you, prophets aren't real.

You do not have truth, you have ignorance, a contradiction to truth.

Only a simple mind would call life simple. You saying "I know" is the arrogance I am speaking of. You know nothing but what your ignorant "faith" allows you to believe.

2. profile image0
        ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don’t look now but I think there’s one too many is this room right now, and I think it’s you.smile

3. mohitmisra profile image60
        mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ego is the reason this person finds someone with knowledge arrogant.
        Even if your work is ranked next to the Bible and Quran this person just doesn't give a damn and thinks you are arrogant, strange world. smile

1. tantrum profile image60
          tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry but beingv ranked next to thebible and Q'ran doesn't mean anything to me, as I don't believe in words, only in action

1. mohitmisra profile image60

Its took years of action to do this. smile Ten years since I started writing. smile Then another 6 years of contemplation and meditation before that. smile
            Common Tantrum don't you think a lot of hard work goes into writing a spiritual book or Philosophical book?

Yes, But I didn't see you. allow me to be skeptic, because that's what I am smile

No probs this is what I like about you , you always come clean  even though we have a difference in our opinions. smile

lol I've just been called a hypocrite in other thread! But at last I got an apology smile

You have been nice to me so I cannot or do not have any complains against you. I have no complains against Mark as well as we are at peace now and no longer argue.Has he really left? smile

2. marinealways24 profile image59

If your book is ranked so high, why do you continually need to promote it in the forums prophet?

I will do as I please. smile I guess you do know we are in a religious forum .I will spread the god knowledge I have as that is my job. smile

You "believe" that is your job. lol Theres a difference.

So a person is ranked with the Bibles and Qurans and he is a  fraud and you will teach him about spirituality?
                What will you teach?

You miss the entire point of purpose for the religion and bible. They have nothing to do with a creator. You are too self absorbed in belief to see this. Meditate on that.

Religions have nothing to do with a creator? this is one of the most stupid statements I have ever read.

2. Vladimir Uhri profile image60
      Vladimir Uhriposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is nature of religion. smile

Hello Vlad, you are not the religious I was talking about. You are actually one of the few religious I have actually been able to conversate with. Thank You.

3. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Most arrogance is a cover for fear. Most fear comes from insecurity of self. I think while the religious are a part of this picture, we all are to some greater or lesser degree.

Thinking you know the mind and will of God is a pretty good cover for insecurity.

I feel insecure about a lot of things in life. I have more questions than answers. But I think I've found I can be at peace with a lot of things that I couldn't used to.

Always well thought, thank you for adding.

2. profile image0
        mdawson17posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Religion is an order and a way of displaying power through an order!

I am a very spiritual man! I went to Dallas seminary and was dedicated and called to serve in the ministry!

Realizing my calling as well as receiving my calling I began to serve on many committees in the church that I once was a member of! I soon realized that religion was a way of politics and fell very short of what God had called an intimate relationship!

I decided that any kind of religion was the act of worshiping man rather than having a "A one on One relation with God (Spirituality)" I stepped down from leadership and moved to minister in various other ways!

The act of worship is an act between one self and God however those who worship in religion worship the order and politics of Christianity and lack a one on one (Spiritual) relationship with our supreme being "God as we understand him"

In general if you are a politic you are serving your mission and will do all that it takes to serve it! It is the same in the practice of religion; many are trying to find their place in the particular chosen sect and feel many insecurities because they lack confidence in their spiritual walk and through their insecurities they have used arrogance as a tool in making others look less themselves hoping for a higher rank in the politics of their chosen religion!

God has called us to serve him; not man! Many have chosen to follow man and through their following they have found the act arrogance and self-consumption (Better than others) to be intimidating to bully others into their doctrine!

To be a Christian is having a personal relationship with God (As we understand him) not politically corrupting the minds of the lost with hate!!

You just stated religion is for political goals and control.

Religion is based and "interpreted" through the bible.

You understand the point of religion, still you refuse logic.

Man wrote the bible for control, not to define a creator. You already pobably know this, yet you refuse to accept it for what you "want" to believe.

1. atomswifey profile image56
            atomswifeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You wrote in another thread about absolutes, yet you make such absolute claims in this one.

Think about this if you will,
            God had the Bible written as instruction to free us from the bondage of sin, not to define religion. You already probably know this, yet you refuse to accept it for what you want to believe.

lol you are the one that is trapped in belief in your follower mind. You don't have the self-awareness to recognize this.

My belief is not based on prophecy. Your belief is.

My belief is always changing. Your belief is limited to religious boundaries.

Bravo, you took the bait. This is what the bible and religions purpose is. To keep the "believer" strong willed through "faith", no matter how much sense the opposition makes.

how much what? the opposition makes?? LOL now that is funny lol

The opposition to your belief. Is this so hard for your simple thoughts to comprehend?

Was it that hard to understand?

Oh yes and yes again
                    Can I join your church? You know the church of self?
                    Since you seem to hold the mysteries of the whole world in your hands and all.
                    lol

nah
                    I think I will keep my trust and faith in God
                    thank you smile

2. atomswifey profile image56

So you assert yourself to make more sense than God? Wow that is some ego you got there

You don't get it.

no I get it
                    You stated it very clearly
                    Your words, your thoughts are more sensible to believe than Gods.

2. mohitmisra profile image60

Most will have more respect for the great prophets and their teaching than for you, don't you get it, ? you are no one compared to these great masters whose teachings have become religions. No one will ever call you a master smile

4. profile image0
      elliot.dunnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

what's the standard of truth you're using to say that all religious people "truly know nothing?"

It's not just the religious people, it's everyone. The religious tend to have a harder time realizing it.

1. profile image0

i'm a Christian so i can't speak for non-religious people; actually i'll only speak for myself.  but could it be that non-religious people act very negatively towards religious people simply because religious people claim to have answers? is there animosity towards religion because its more confident in its assertions?

Hmmm, maybe it's because the religious are blind to understand that they have no answers, only faith and interpretation. Faith and interpretation contradict the little that we know. Do you believe 100% that you know the unknowns of life?

1. profile image0

this is getting pretty epistemological.  uh...in answer to your question you'd have to define what the "unknowns of life" are. obviously there are things we will never know but i think our list of unknowns may be different.  i'm enjoying this conversation marinealways...i like the calmer, intellectual side of these debates.  mudslinging never helps either camps.

One of my unknowns is the purpose of life. Why is there debate to this question? Why is there nothing known of the purpose of life on a large scale?

1. profile image0
                  Scott.Lifeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe the mystery towards life's purpose and meaning comes about because so many of us are looking for outside answers to inside issues. No one can tell you what your purpose is, only you know it, and only you can find it. It's not a big mystery what do you enjoy doing? What gives you satisfaction and a feeling of accomplishment and value? If you want to know the meaning of your life then start living it and stop trying to find the answers to riddles that really don't exist.

5. Kaabi profile image61
      Kaabiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Religion is a way to make people feel sure of themselves.  Frankly, I think all religion is ridiculous.  To think a God would focus so intensely on us, when we are such a ridiculously small part of the Universe, is just ridiculous.  Plus the evidence in the world, all the suffering and randomness, further shows that God does not involve himself with us.  Nobody can prove whether there is or is not a God, but it is pretty easy to prove he's not involved with us, from a logical standpoint.

1. profile image0
        \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

well earth is the only planet with humans on, so why would he not bother with us...

2. nicomp profile image60
        nicompposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Argument from incredulity

6. sooner than later profile image60
      sooner than laterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm not sure why we are. Why don't you ask Mark Knowles, he is a level minded soft spoken atheist that may be able to answer this question.

7. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm not like that at all big_smile

8. LEFT HAND OF GOD profile image57
      LEFT HAND OF GODposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I know that when I read The Proverbs it has thousands of wise sayings in it that are true in every society and accepted as wisdom, knowledge and understanding.

Not sure what you mean by "truly know nothing"...kind of a broad term and sounds arrogant. smile

Here is one. “Fools despise wisdom and understanding.”

I know that much, so I guess I know something, unless you can prove that proverb false? smile

There are many wise sayings in the bible. There are also many ignorant ones. I'm not really into debating bible quotes.

1. underhiswings profile image59
          underhiswingsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The way I read this, the guy has a point because you said
          "they truly know nothing"
          which was just proven to be a false statement. big_smile

Maybe you should go through the Proverbs and tell all of us which ones are the wise and ignorant ones because you seem to think you know something. smile

In the big picture, they are all ignorant for their assumptions of creation.

lol What is arrogant is the bible and religions assumptions of the unknown. Just as arrogant to believe those assumptions.

On the large scale of life's unknowns, "fools despsing wisdom and understanding" doesn't answer anything.

9. dutchman1951 profile image61
      dutchman1951posted 14 years agoin reply to this

There is a difference between the Words of Jesus Christ and Religion, or Church the Building.

Religionists are people who take way to much political license with Christ's words and make it out to be as they see it only.

They base there belief on God, yes, but work for acceptance into a like Group of fellow humans, not Gods words directly, but their felloshiped interpretation of those words as the only definition possible!

There armor is thin, and they can not afford cracks in it exposing them underneath. So the arrogance and stiffness make for an overlay to that armor, their Religionist interpretation of the Word.

It gets so called non-believers. (people who do not think like they do) away from them that way.

But- What it really does is expose the ineptness of there knowledge and there ability to show true "AGAPE Love" (Love for "ALL" Mankind) Love for each other, as Jesus asks us to do.

If you are aggressive, arrogant, with a closed ear, than you are protected in your own self interpretation of the Book. ( safe in your own world)

It is a defense against honest questioning, that those folks have not enough knowledge to answer, and it is wrong.

Its an attempt to chase you off, or make you join them and not question.

God says in the Book to always question him, ask him, talk to him. Not shut down, or close a door to him or to others.

Remember Jesus was the First non-violent revolutionary, he railed against Man made rules. The mockery of Money in the Temple. Against Those that thought they had him all figured out, those were the very ones he corrected most of all.

In the Book He is teaching us about ourselves, our human nature. We are "not" an all knowing God, we do not have it all figured out, we are not omniscient.

We do not know the true Beginning, middle and end of life. We did not create life, or this world or this Universe, we were born into it. Thus why are we making decisions for a Creator, and condemning others who don't see our view. Makes no sense to do that.

And Thus... you see through the Armor they display. The arrogance of self gracious armor prevents those people from seeing the truth about themselves.

They never face themselves. It is safer that way. When you think you are always right, then you do not have to make considerations about yourself!

It is warped and dangerous to your peace of mind, to be like that.

Remember, no one has to apologize for God,

The book is what it is, Believe it, or do not believe it as it is written, but don't add to it, only for your own arrogant point of view on either side of the coin, for or against

Some folks just have to spend lifetimes arguing their way only, (apologetics of the self) constantly blogging, talking endless self prophecy to prove their view is the only one.

They can not relax at all when they are self infiltrated in the mind like that. So the self arrogance comes spilling out.

Jon

Well Said. Thanks

10. profile image0
      Several Ninjasposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

I didn't say it was nice.

It got responses didn't it?

11. tksensei profile image59
      tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Interesting question considering there is nothing more arrogant than an atheist.

Especially this one.

Calm down prophet, I'm not an atheist.

Your prophecy fails you again.

1. tksensei profile image59

Then I wasn't referring to you, was I?

Did you not believe I was an atheist?

Didn't give it a thought one way or the other. Don't feel bad.

2. mohitmisra profile image60

You are not an atheist yet you say religions do not teach about a creator. Even an atheist knows that they do teach about god or a creator.

Ok prophet, don't contradict yourself.

Am I an atheist or no? Make up your mind.

Or, am I just stupid? lol

Dont know if you are a atheist or believer but stupid  for sure lol

You said you are a prophet.

Shouldn't your prophet powers tell you if I am an atheist or a believer?

Chop his head of and grow tall doesnt work . Show us your proof of knowledge smile You only fool yourself. smile

2. UpHisAss profile image59

This sounds like a personal attack. Are we allowed to make those sensei?

Absolutely not a personal attack. I hope you didn't take it that way.

I just said it sounded like a personal attack. Was I unclear?

Yes, that was a bit unclear.

"That sounds like a personal attack" is unclear?

3. marinealways24 profile image59

I agree that many of them are arrogant also.

I agree that anyone that assumes a creator or no creator is arrogant. How's that?

12. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Arrogance - Forgive them Lord, for they know not what they do! lol

1. mandybeau1 profile image58
        mandybeau1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I really have always wondered How they can say that they know. How are you PearlDiver Obviously not religious hahahah

lol

2. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Oh come on, it's not only the religious that are arrogant.  The atheists are arrogant as well.

lol I will give you that one! One comes to mind immediately. You know which one I am speaking of. lol

3. torimari profile image67
    torimariposted 14 years ago

Even though I don't believe in God myself I've found some atheists here and especially in real life to be far more arrogant.

Almost makes me ashamed to call myself an atheist. neutral

1. Valerie F profile image59
      Valerie Fposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't believe atheism is in and of itself anything to be ashamed of. Arrogance is neither a religious nor non-religious trait, but an all-too-human characteristic.

As long as religious people and atheists alike are human, we'll find arrogance on both sides.

However, what makes arrogance particularly grating among the religious is that it violates requirements to remain humble.

4. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

arrogance comes with a closed mind.

it could be anyone ~

Yep, I agree with that one.

2. cluense profile image72
      cluenseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are so right! God says to accept all and to unconditionally love all. However, I find a lot of individuals not accepting and loving everyone.

Therefore, I pose this question to you; If God could send his only son to die for sinners so we might have everlasting life, what right do we have to even think about judging or arrogantly condemning our fellow human beings?

Acceptance = LOVE
      Arrogance  = SIN (SIN to me is anything against the perfect love of God)

5. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

that is the problem..... these forums depict religion as everything the bible is not.   The teachings of Jesus, are as totally opposite to wars that go on in religion both verbally, and in reality.   Put's people totally off religion.  Sad really because it could be so good if it were practiced.  Jesus was never arrogant was he????

1. profile image0

no he wasn't but many would misconstrue his claims as being arrogant. He proclaimed himself the Way, the Truth, and the Life.  He firmly called himself the Son of God and the only Savior of mankind.  He referred to himself as God saying He and God were one.   but in practice, there was never a more humble man to walk this earth then Jesus.  pretty ironic how the Son of God remained completely free of arrogance and pride.  i wrote a hub about this kind of stuff entitled "Christianity and Hubpages" which answers some of these questions about arrogant Christians.

Why do most judge people who think Jesus is false? Why are people told they are going to hell for not believing? This fear tactic doesn't work on strong individual non believers.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Because Marine its what the Bible says ...but as I understand it most unbelievers dont believe the Bible ,so if I didnt beleive something it wouldnt worry me.

For example some believe I evolved from monkeys (or an animal) ,I dont believe that ,so it just doesnt worry me.

I try not to come across as arrogant ,but sometimes people its all a matter of perception smile

Thanks. No one knows that either. No one knows what we evolved from and why our minds are conscious to questions of life instead of being content with simply being alive. Since most unbelievers don't believe the bible, why do religious tell them they are going to hell when they don't believe in hell?

6. profile image0
    TMinutposted 14 years ago

I'm just finishing a book called The Mind & The Brain - the author discussed a lot of the frustration scientists had with the scientific community trying to get their research and conclusions accepted. No different than the religious community; "we already know what's true, don't try to show evidence otherwise", this book is obviously discussing the neuroscientific, biology, and psychology communities.

There's also just as much resistance to new thinking in child-rearing circles, education, medical, etc. I don't know why some people assume it's only in religion that people feel this way when it's so obviously a rather standard human trait. After all, not only are new ways hard to believe, you have to overcome the fear that you're being tricked, and it's just plain a major nuisance to have to rethink and reconfigure everything!

7. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

Better duck, EK. Some might deliberately twist your last line, a very good point/question, to read: "Jesus was arrogant."
    Which then will stick the label of arrogances squarely on you.

In other words, I believe there is some wilfull misunderstanding going on. Fingers in ears. La la la la I can't hear you! I'm right and nothing you say is going to change that!

1. profile image0
      \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

who is E.K.

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

MM I cant find where I posted anything ..wahhhhh..I must be goin senile big_smile

8. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

Oops.Sorry Brenda. I meant you. Brain disconnect.

9. profile image0

I think he meant the purpose of human life overall.

1. profile image0
      Scott.Lifeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh well that's simple then, the purpose of human life is to live and increase. I know I'm over simplifying but that's the point Man as a whole vastly over complicates a simple thing.

Correct.

10. profile image0

How funny would it be for my purpose in life to be to give a friendly smile to someone too depressed and annoyed by people to demonstrate his grand discovery of a way to eliminate all illness forever (or some such thing). He makes a deal with himself that if even one person smiles at him as he takes this walk, he'll do it. And that was it, I was just here to give that one smile. Purpose fulfilled, goal accomplished.

11. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

I am a believer, religious and I am certainly not arrogant I believe what you mean is " Why are some of the religious so arrogant?" :smile I of course am not offended about the question but I do know I am not arrogant. smile

12. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Who knows? I dont smile nevertheless someone will say Im arrogant because of what I believe..

I think some people become Christians and leave their brains at the door , lol or discover atheism and suddenly have all the answers.

My opinion is nobody knows everything.
    The main confict seems to be , freedom to believe in what you want without harassment or abuse.

By the way I cannot decide whose cutier in your avatar , he.she must be a very maternal pet smile

13. Sanctus Vesania profile image61
    Sanctus Vesaniaposted 14 years ago

Fundamentalist Christians and atheists have the same amount of arrogance, abit, about different things.  Atheists will come to a lot of threads spouting off about how there is no God, and how they are absolutely sure that they're right.

The fundamentalist religious folks here like to go around trying to 'save' people; usually by spouting off about how wrong the atheists are, and how they must accept God's love.

Atheists, no matter what you say, a believer is not going to just up and say, "Well, the atheists are correct!  There is no God!"

Believers, no matter what you say, an atheist is not going to just up and say, "Wow!  There really is a God!"

Just saying.

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

of course.

neither side wll ever be swayed, but a good healthy debate is fine. there are a few people who get crazy but that shouldn't halt the discussion if that is what people want to talk about.

1. mobilephone guide profile image60
        mobilephone guideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

drama, that's all

14. Sanctus Vesania profile image61
    Sanctus Vesaniaposted 14 years ago

The entire thing does call to mind William Blake's A Memorable Fancy from The Marriage of Heaven and Hell.

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

omgsh.......................!!!

(and we're just honeybees on the barren heath. buzz buzz buzz)

1. Sanctus Vesania profile image61
        Sanctus Vesaniaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm?

Actually, that part of the story always makes me laugh.

15. quietnessandtrust profile image60
    quietnessandtrustposted 14 years ago

I just came by to call tantrum a hypocrite and a septic.....(not skeptic)

I cannot speeeel the word apalogie so I cannot afford one. lol

16. rhamson profile image71
    rhamsonposted 14 years ago

I have been to a few churches and find that the tone of the parishoiners is set by the pastor.  Some pastors are very humble and likewise much of the congregation.  If you find an arrogant pastor then I guess you could find the same thing true.

Where organized religion takes a scary turn for me is when you have a pastor who wishes to separate his congregation from the "World" This gets confusing for some people and they interpret it to mean people of the "World" not their sinful habits.  Of course this is a simple example but is more common than you think.

Sometimes this borders on and sometimes crosses over to a cultist scale where the congrgation picks up the idea that they are the only ones who know the true way to salvation.  Oh yea I know there is a lot of flowery speech that includes references to the gospel and the ministry of Christ but it does become dangerous at that point.

I guess you can never overcome a humans' satisfaction with being right.  I think there in lies the problem.

17. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Who are you calling lost?

Gm Earnest.

18. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will reveal his true identity. marine, you sure know who to make a man think.smile

Morning Ralwus. Very Well said.

I try to make a point not to type anything I wouldn't say to a persons face. However, if everyone did this, some wouldn't be bold enough to say as they please. Maybe some need to speak in hiding for us to get their true individual thoughts.

19. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Arrogance is not limited to religion wink

20. thranax profile image73
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

The beginnings of arrogance is straightforward ignorance.

~thranax~

Nice one  smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)