jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (13 posts)

why not ?

1. Jerami profile image76
    Jeramiposted 7 years ago

I would like to know what the general cosiness is, concerning this question.
           Your vote will be greatly appreciated.
       For those that believe.....
    Why not believe the words in the bible that are said to be spoken by God, Jesus Christ, and Gabriel, first and foremost, above any other ??

Some think that I must be an anti-Christ for suggesting such a thing.
       I believe that it is the right thing to do regardless of what others think of me.
       I'll betcha that God, Jesus Christ, and Gabriel will agree with me on that issue.
       Now what we do with this information is a diffrent issue.
       We can start "why not 2" for discussion of that issue.

I would greatly appreciate a vote on the issue as stated.

Thanks

1. mohitmisra profile image61
      mohitmisraposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Jesus Christ will see the truth in all holy books , he is no whacko. smile

God will feel sad for you for your lack of understanding , don't expect him to side with any one prophet or religion as that is against his principals as all are equal for him smile

Jeramiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I do not know where my lack of understanding lies with my believe that God, Jesus and Gabriel would want for us to believe what they said above and foremost above all others!

@ Daniel  I think that you said what I intended to say. God, Jesus , and Gabriel said these things that is said that they said. And it was written. And then people take it upon themselves to interpret Gods and Jesus's  word and say that God told them to do it.
           2nd Peter 1:20 says that we should not interpret prophesy in scripture

Understanding end time prophesy requires that we understand the Books of Daniel and Revelation. Insert one single interpretation and some understanding is lost.  Interpretate something in each chapter and any recognition of truth is lost.

We can read these books and interpret NOTHING  and it all makes sense.

The Lord gave us the end time prophesy because he wants us to understand.
           We should read the Book of Daniel as if we are children interpretating nothing. Understanding what is written as it is written and only then should we continue to Revelation.
           There is no hidden knowledge hidden in scripture that requires a genius to translate for the rest of us
           If we can understand these two books we then see the rest of the New Testament in a diffrent light.

2. quietnessandtrust profile image61
      quietnessandtrustposted 7 years ago in reply to this

2 things Jerami:

1- Get a spell check on your computer or buy a dictionary because it makes you sound ignorant !!!

2-Cut to the chase and tell us all which words you find in the scriptures where anyone disagrees with God, Jesus Christ, and Gabriel....just tell us man.
      Was it Paul, Peter, James, John, Isaiah, Moses, Jeremiah, David, Jude, Job ???????

Make your list an check it twice and post it. smile

1. Daniel Carter profile image91
        Daniel Carterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Point number one seemed awfully harsh and arrogant.
        Point number two wasn't as difficult to take.

Perhaps this is why I have a hard time accepting and trusting so much of what is written similarly. It feels like it's all being shoved up my nostrils. I don't want anything to do with something that feels that way.

1. quietnessandtrust profile image61
          quietnessandtrustposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Well he has made it clear before that he could care less about spelling and expects others to figure it out and I think it is rude and ignorant to do on purpose is all smile

1. Daniel Carter profile image91

I missed that part. If so, thank you for being kind about it. If Jerami is lazy about this sort of thing, then it is a bit of an inconvenience.

2. Daniel Carter profile image91

Oh, and, about Jerami's question.
          As I understand it, men wrote the Bible. God, Jesus and Gabriel didn't write a syllable of it. Men wrote it saying that's what they each said.

My take is simply if God, Jesus and Gabriel really did say what is written, I'm perfectly fine with it. The problem arises regarding personal interpretation of the original writers as to what was said and then goes on to translations, and other possible introduction of errors.

I'm not saying it's not the word of God. I'm just saying that historically, this description I offered has a pretty high accuracy rate.

That being said, let me reiterate one more time: If God, Jesus and Gabriel actually said what's in the Bible, I'm completely fine with it.

3. underhiswings profile image61
      underhiswingsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Next you will be doing a cut, copy and paste of your own Bible dude.

What is your hang up about the other overwhelming amount of passages where GOD spoke through people and they wrote it down? Are they now liars?

You tread thin ice with boots on fire. smile

I have called no one a liar except for those false interpretations that are calling Jesus a liar.
           And you are offended!!!!!!!
           Is this a confession that you think Jesus a liar because you interpret the the desciples to contradict the Lord????

1. underhiswings profile image61
          underhiswingsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I have seen your posts before and you know you have some issue with some things some of the Apostles wrote, deny it all you want, but you are the one that keeps making this an issue man.

2. profile image60
    crandallheatherposted 7 years ago

I, for one, view the Bible as one big long metaphor. Every religion out there has a few things correct in it and a LOT of things completely wrong in it.

But, when you think about it, every religion out there (excluding Satanism) is trying to teach the same morals and values. They just have different ways of teaching them.

I'm not quite sure that any specific person in the Bible is taken more seriously than any other. Most Christians seem to believe that the entire Bible is the word of God.

I am not sure that any specific person in the bible is taken more seriously than another.

I would think that a Christian should take one more seriously than another !!  The entire New Testament is suposed to be about the teachings of Christ ...SO... what is wrong with taking those words that God and Jesus as having said more seriously than all others ?
         Doing this will bring us to a different place on understanding. This is why most Christians do not want to do it.

working