jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Have Christians taken Abortion too far: Dead Or Alive

1. 0
    mdawson17posted 7 years ago

First of all I want to be bold and say I am a christian and believe in the christian laws and practices!

However as a christian I have often wondered when if we as a whole (The Believers") have gone too far in stopping the practices of Abortion!

The bible says in everything that we do we are to be Christ like and Christ is Love!

It is common to hear stories of so called Christian groups violently protesting against acts of Abortion!

I have also heard other stories of Christian's shouting and trying to attack Doctors whom practice in this field and then later these same Christians shortly claim the name of Jesus Christ; Is this being Christ like and further has the christian faith gone too far?

1. Valerie F profile image60
      Valerie Fposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It's common to hear these stories, because they are often repeated and played up in an attempt to discredit pro-lifers- most of whom actually do not engage in any violent protest. Also, sensationalism sells papers or generates hits, and quite frankly, a story about pro-lifers who combat abortion by feeding, educating, providing medical care for, or even taking in women in crisis pregnancies may be inspiring, but it's not as sensational as the story of the nutcase who gunned down an abortion doctor.

1. 0
        mdawson17posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree however being an active lobbyist and advocate; I have heard the inside scoop of such aggressive protesters and quite frankly less is said about violence in protesting(just like those pro-lifers whom truly try to educate feed and provide medical care)!

Equally both sides do not get heard; pro-lifers and those whom agree with the act of abortion.

however when a violent act has been shown we are stating to the media that the cause of pro life is a show so therefore as the media is notorious in doing they broadcast the "BIG STORY"

I personally believe that when we display any kinds of violence we lesson the impact of our point!

2. LondonGirl profile image93
        LondonGirlposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Most don't. But any movement is badly damaged by those who engage in violence.

2. torimari profile image80
    torimariposted 7 years ago

Plenty of people are proud Christians here and say it...it's not some bold feat but whatever.

But, the radicals who attack or even kill doctors who do abortion practices are hypocritical (especially ones that kill) because they are taking life from those who they may accuse of doing so towards unborn life.

It's not Christ-like. Christ's ways were more along the lines of civil disobedience...not killing folks.

I think Christ would be repulsed by such extreme behavior which gives all Pro-lifers a bad, ironic stereotype.

1. 0
      mdawson17posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Christ is saddened by such acts and truly I feel that those whom exhibit such acts will pay a greater penalty for their sin!

3. ionerice profile image60
    ionericeposted 7 years ago

Most Christians aren’t aware of the fact that in the Old Testament days God became an abortionist when he ordered the Israelites to rip out the unborn babies from the pregnant wives of their enemies.  God also killed or ordered the killing of many young children.