What is different from animals and believers?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (34 posts)
  1. marinealways24 profile image57
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

-What is different from animals and believers? They both follow a script. Is there a difference?

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

animals are innocent. lol big_smile

marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I didn't expect that one. I can't argue it either. Brilliant!

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A better question might be What's the difference between animals and non-believers.....

but I agree with sandra rinck---on both...(animals are innocent)...

Do animals and believers not follow a script?

1. profile image0

Animals follow their instincts,  if you wanna call that a script...
          Believers actually deny much of their "animalistic instincts" in order to follow Christ,  because we were created with a higher decision-making capability than animals.

I meant that animals follow natures script. Believers follow the bibles script. We have the ability to individualize from the script, yet believers follow. This is where I am making the relation of believers and animals.

1. profile image0

What's your point?
              ....Believers follow, yes.  And it's because we know there's something (actually Someone!)  who's so much...MORE...than we are....

lol What's my point? My point is that your 1 system belief is the same as an animal mind. No individual thought! lol

3. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i agree, animals are innocent and therefore, not accountable for their sometimes violent actions. instinct is part of the 'script' for all living things, but Man ignores his instinct through rationalization, sometimes to his detriment.

Well said. And then believers get faith and throw rationalization and logic out the window.

1. profile image0
          sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You ever hear the old saying,'Lame as a Liberal.'

^^^^^^^

The believer.

2. atomswifey profile image56
          atomswifeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you can argue this point with God someday I am sure He will get a big kick out of your "logic". LOL

I would enjoy a debate with your government God. Afterall, he created the individual mind right? If he wanted everyone to be robotic sheep, he should have created all with follower minds.

1. atomswifey profile image56
              atomswifeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

debate and or argue with God? Ok if you say so.
              thinking themselves wise they became as fools...

Not thinking at all, they became ignorant robots of a government belief system.

Guess who's quote that is?

4. tantrum profile image62
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The difference is human mind
      animal follow their instincts
      Believers their dreams.

2. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

Everyone is a believer of something.
        Believers in a God try to follow directions as best as they know.
        If we are not going anyplace in particular,  any road will take us there. If we have a particular destination in mind we will need to follow a map.

Not everyone is a believer of a grouped belief. Not everyone needs a map to get to their destination. A map sometimes defeats the purpose of a free ride.

3. torimari profile image68
    torimariposted 14 years ago

Well, as we are animals...just with conscious and higher intellect...and animals have their tradeoff of smell, strenght, speed.

Anyhoo, animals, aside from us, behave in my opinion less barbaric, selfishly, and aren't so corrupt.smile Nonetheless, humanity is intriguing.

Well said, we do have higher intellect and consciousness and the ability to individualize yet believers choose to live unconscious through faith and grouped belief.

4. magdielqr profile image60
    magdielqrposted 14 years ago

Believers act by faith and not by instincts.

Believers seeking faith for something to believe is an instinct. Why do you think there are so many grouped and set beliefs? Believers are dependent on something to believe.

5. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

..You also said "unconscious"....

It's not uncoscious.
    It's a very conscious knowledge of God...

It's an assumption of absolute belief wrapped around the believers emotions to govern them.

6. LEFT HAND OF GOD profile image58
    LEFT HAND OF GODposted 14 years ago

Well now:

I am an individual who thnks in logical terms and learns things from many different experiences which lead me to conclude the truth in a given matter. smile

No truth is absolute. That may not be absolute.

How are you an individual with a grouped belief?

7. LEFT HAND OF GOD profile image58
    LEFT HAND OF GODposted 14 years ago

You ass / u / me ...me to have many things I do not.

You said before that you are a prophet. Your name is "left hand of God" God is defined from the bible. The bible is a 1 belief system contradicting your individual mind.

1. LEFT HAND OF GOD profile image58
        LEFT HAND OF GODposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nothing I have read and now believe from any book contradicts my individual anything at all. I prove things to myself first.
        Use logic to draw a conclusion.

If I am working on my car I read the repair manual to learn.

You still assume much about me and are trying to lump me into your belief so you can label it and move out.

I have no label and am even rejected by people who say they are believers.

Quit wasting time trying to convince me of something I am NOT !!

I can think like an individual or like a group, it depends on the situation at hand and what is the best thing at the moment.

In a fire~fight, group is good.
        Taking a piss, individual is good.

If you believe in an individual belief, why did you jump on the believer train to assault me for my individual ideas that the bible is a simple conspiracy to group belief? I didn't see your individualism to ask questions of my idea. All I seen was a believer trained assault. Protect the faith. I must say, I am very impressed by what you wrote. Sounds like you have a strong individual mind that has no need of a grouped belief. I simply don't understand why you define God in your name. God is defined from a grouped belief. Not an individual belief.

8. yoshi97 profile image56
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

If you are speaking of humans and mammals, then yes, they are quite different.

Mammals rarely feast on their own kind ... smile

Got me on that one. lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)