Christians have lost free speech on Hubpages

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

Classic - I may have to copy this one down and keep it for posterity.

"Three times he was banned for spreading the love."

There is something awfully biblical about being banned three times. Give me a minute and I will think of it.......

1. marinealways24 profile image61
      marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Separatist

I meant that of the believers just to clarify. lol

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

actually as i recall, a few threads were snipped that had links in them to external sites so that is most likely why they banned you as you say. HubPages is very fair and they ban everyone equally when they violate the TOS.

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yep they sure do, I know exactly why I have been banned on both occassions...... and it wasn't because I didnt believe in god wink

3. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sadly he wasn't banned for his woeful ability with the English language. Ironic since this is considered a place for writers.

Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's a sin actually. lol

Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No fair - this has now been moved into the religion forum. It was not there when I was posting. It was in another forum.

I do not go to the religion forums.

2. Mark Knowles profile image59

LOL

I doubt my involvement will have anything to do with it getting deleted or not, religionist 999.

3. Mark Knowles profile image59

LOL

There is nothing wrong with posting links appropriately. And I have been banned for calling a spade a spade. Or in that case - a fruitcake. big_smile

Three times I was banned. Yeah verily was I banned for three times and three days each time. That would be 9 days - real days - not some interpretation of what a day means.

What are you trying to do here? Which religionist are you anyway? No offense but you all sound the same. lol

4. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

There is no rule against posting links in the forum, perhaps you need to seek clarification on the rules. I am an athiest, I have be banned twice, does this mean that Athiests have lost free speech on hubpages? No its means I broke the fucking rules. I dont know who you are, I know who you probably are <snipped - no personal attacks in the Forums>

5. profile image0

Mark Knowles is a political leader yikes There was me thinking that he was a real estate blogger. Just goes to show how people can paint perceptions of themselves online doesn't it? Does that mean that HealthTip really is Johnny Depp?

6. profile image0

Why should he answer an anonymous login, why not tell him who you are? Im sure that we already know, you have a very unique writing style, I guess we could call it shitsemiliteratebullshit if we were to give it a scientific name.

7. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

I think it means Mark Knowles is Johnny Depp. smile

8. Mark Knowles profile image59

And there he was - gone.

Again.

Oh well - at least I had the forethought to quote him so it didn't look like I was speaking to myself.

Again.

9. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

How does he disappear like that? hehe seems sneaky

1. Sufidreamer profile image79
      Sufidreamerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

God moves in mysterious ways smile

1. marinealways24 profile image61
        marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's called "taxes".

10. profile image0
    elliot.dunnposted 14 years ago

maybe the title of this should be "obnoxious Christians" have lost free blah blah blah.  i wrote a blog about this that maybe even mr. knowles would enjoy - i doubt it though cause i'm one of them darn tootin' religionists...i know my grubby god loving fingers...gross. hahaha i'm sorry - i know that Christians can truly be offensive and have in many ways rightfully earned all the crap they get here on hubpages.  but the lambasting is obviously on both sides.  either way, i'd appreciate your input on my blog "Christianity and Hubpages"
    curious about what you'd think mr. knowles.

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

But he isn't anti-religion, in that he doesn't insult people for holding a particular set of beliefs. He gets offended when people try and enforce their beliefs on others, quite rightly. Being told that you are going to hell isn't too pleasant, I was told by a so called christain to kill myself - thats not a very christian thing to say. Athiests are in a minority on this site, at least against 'Believers' as an entire entity, and that includes Islam etc etc.... and I (as an Athiest) and Mark (as an Athiest) get along just fine with 95% of them.

1. profile image0
        elliot.dunnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i was just poking a little fun.  i completely understand people being upset about those kinds of people. someone actually said that to you and calls themselves a Christian??? that's simply ridiculous.  as a Christian, i think our job is to stop being so obnoxious.  you would understand of course that an essential tenet of Christian teaching is evangelism, and as such Christians would certainly be hypocritical if they didnt try to share their faith. but we'll (they'll) never win people over with these tactics.  the armed to the teeth Christian simply doesn't hold any water any more.

i very much respect both you and mr. knowles despite what must be our immense disagreements.  the intelligent atheist, as you certainly are, effectively disarms the arrogant, hell-breathing Christian.  you're keeping us all on our toes! seriously though, i'd value your opinions on my blog - Christianity and Hubpages.  it puts forth better my thoughts than this can.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)