jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (22 posts)

Lets debate ,Conservatives v Liberals .

1. hinckles koma profile image79
    hinckles komaposted 7 years ago

Lets debate.  Choose your sword and explain why one is better for the world.

1. LEFT HAND OF GOD profile image60
      LEFT HAND OF GODposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Okay I have mine.

1. hinckles koma profile image79
        hinckles komaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

you are ready so which side are you on and why?

Well as the user name states, that is the side I am on. big_smile

2. Len Cannon profile image89
    Len Cannonposted 7 years ago

Neither term means anything.  When you try to lump everyone into two sides and then send them off to battle like an army then you let people view each other as absurd caricatures. Does Barney Frank have the same set of views as blue dog Charlie Melancon even though they're both "liberal?"

Is Olympia Snowe the same type of conservative Tom Coburn?  Is Michael Moore as liberal as George Clooney?  Liberal and conservative are a sliding scale not a group of people who think the same.  Sitting there and think that it's anything else leads to the people giving that all encompassing"liberals think this way" opinoin and "conservatives do this" even though that's not the case.

1. 0
      Marc Salyerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

How is Rush Limbaugh's world view different from Al Franken? Franken may differ in ways and agree in ways with other self described liberals but there are define distinctions between rock solid liberals and their conservative counterparts.

2. hinckles koma profile image79

iam a liberal. when i heard what was said about abortions by the conservatives, i didnt like it, and many other things that seperate both groups. Maybe if we both understand eachothers point of views better we can like eachother alittle more  than now. To me its like black and white, separate but equal.

1. 0
        Marc Salyerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

To you blacks and whites are separate but equal? Do you mean the races or the crayons because I can see where that latter would be universal but not everyone has the same sentiment about the first.

3. 0
      sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yea!!! That's one point for you sweety!

3. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Why would you discuss conservatives v liberals...under a religion & belief category?

And, you don't have to answer. It just doesn't make any sense.

1. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 7 years ago in reply to this

maybe it's a new religion. Has to do with people stating Obama was the Messiah somedays ago . lol

Well he seems to be some sort of messiah to some, no matter how naive they are.

2. hinckles koma profile image79

so who are the belivers libs or conservatives? Is there liberals you think in religion?

1. 0

Nah.

4. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

It's not the least bit black-and-white for me.  I'm generally Conservative, don't go to church, do think early abortion should remain legal, hate guns and hunting (but do think, in general, people should keep the right to have them) and think too many Conservatives have too little knowledge about what causes people's need for government assistance.  Still, I'm very much against "big government" and "The Nanny State".

1. Jeffrey Neal profile image87
      Jeffrey Nealposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hmm, I am almost completely on the same page, except except for being a little more gun friendly.cool

Interesting quiz here, anyone seen it? (go ahead, only takes 30 seconds) http://www.theadvocates.org/quizp/quiz.php

How'd everyone come out?
      I score Libertarian

1. comp3820 profile image80
        comp3820posted 7 years ago in reply to this
    2. 0

Hey! You whining liberal what you got against hunting!

5. comp3820 profile image80
    comp3820posted 7 years ago

I am a "conservative" and I generally stand for whatever that name entails. I believe that the population is split into several categories of people -> those who don't vote, those who vote for somebody because everyone else they know does, and those who actually know why they are voting.

When it comes down to this, you can see why Obama got elected, and now his poll numbers have dropped. It was simply because people voted without knowing really why. They couldn't have known why - Obama ran on hope and change, and nothing else.

I think there is a lot of mindless voting on all sides of the political spectrum, but when it comes down to the conservatives and liberals that run for office, the candidates are also split. There are those running for power/money/glory, and those sincerely wanting to make a change. Unfortunately, there is a good bit of the former in both parties.

Having said all that, a person can only vote in a politician according to what he says, and that is why politicians have gained a bad reputation - some will take sides without believing a word they say, and only end up ruining the reputation of the party they join.

6. LEFT HAND OF GOD profile image60
    LEFT HAND OF GODposted 7 years ago

I think whatever God thinks on a given subject.

1. 0

The odds aren't as good but it's safer!

Psalm 91 is where I stay.

working