jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)

Something for believers and non-believers to consider.

1. 0
    EnglishMposted 7 years ago

Satan is an ancient word for slanderer, and devil is an ancient word for deceiver. The celestial workers who are acting as either slanderers or deceivers, are acting under God's instruction. You must know that God is the Almighty, there is no living organism in the universe that can challenge the sovereignty of God. Archangels and Angels do as God commands, and nothing more and nothing less. Look again at the instances where a celestial worker is acting as a slanderer or a deceiver, and ask yourself, are they carrying out orders?

1. Jerami profile image77
      Jeramiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Every organism on earth has a set of requirements that must be accomplished in order for their survival. They have to follow the rules of survival, or they do not survive. We as a higher life form have a more intricate set of rules for our survival. when we forget these rules of survival we forget where we came from therefore how to return ?
      This was an over simplification but true. sorta

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Here is my thinking behind it- Rational or good actions increase prosperity, happiness, and psychuous pleasures. Irrational or bad actions undermine those values. While each individual's life and values are unique, certain basic actions never change in terms of good or bad actions. The rightness or wrongness of those basic actions do not vary according to opinion, or from person to person, or from generation to generation, or from culture to culture, or from solar system to solar system.

Universally good or bad actions are objectively based on the biological nature of human beings and are definable in absolute terms. But other actions are amoral and cannot be judged in terms of good or bad because they are a matter or personal preference determined by individual differences. Universal morals are objective. They are not based on opinions of the author or anyone else. Universal morals are not created or determined by anyone. No one can deem what is moral and what is not moral. The same moral standards exists for each and every human being throughout all locations, cultures, and ages. Those standards are independent of anyone's opinions or proclamations. Moreover, two and only two black-and-white morals standards exist. Those two moral standards are:

(1) Any chosen action that purposely benefits the human organism or society is morally good and right.

(2) Any choose action that purposely harms the human organism or society is morally bad and wrong.

Feelings and emotions, on the other hand, cannot be considered as standards, absolutes or morals. A person's life-style, desires, needs, and preferences can vary greatly without altering that person's character or without making that person morally right or wrong. Still, moral absolutes do exist. And following or violating moral absolutes determines a person's character and self-esteem. The two morals absolutes essential for prosperity and happiness are"

(1) Integrated honesty for knowing reality
    (2) Integrated efforts for increasing productivity.

Habitually violating either of those two moral absolutes preclude genuine prosperity and happiness. Related to those absolutes are the following moral issues:

MORAL - Honesty - self esteem and individual rights
    IMMORAL - Sacrifice - use of force and ends justify the means.

Still more-

Sense of life: A sense of life is an integral part of everyone's subconscious philosophy and psychology. Every person has a fundamental view of sense of life. While usually existin on the subsconsious level, a person's sense of life largely determines his/her major actions. Sense of life falls into two opposite categories:

(a) an objectively rational, self-interest, benevolent, individualistic sense of life that is characterized by:
    1- the knowledge that conscious achievement is the hightest value.
    2- the knowledge that the conscious mind is competent to know reality.

(b) a mystically irrational, altruistic, malevolent, anti-individual sense of life characterized by:
    1- the belief that non-man-made values (e.g. nature, universe, the cosmos) and mystical "values" (e.g. God, the State, society) are superior to man-made values.
    2- the belief that the conscious mind is incapable of knowing reality.

The altruistic, malevolent sense of life finds virtue in sacrificing real, individual values to unreal, mystical "higher" causes such as God, the Fatherland, nature, society. That altruistic, malevolent sense of life keeps one from acting in his/her long-range best interest to achieve power, prosperity and happiness in order to produce competitive values for others. Those competitive values, by nature, require a rational self-interest, pro-individual sense of life combined with effort and honesty.

How you can rationalize any belief that contradicts your basic fundamental life is ridiculous.

If you think you are seeking guidance, so you can live?

You're again mistaken- You need NO external authority to inform, teach, preach or tell you "How" to live or by "What" standard.

Self-guidance is best at all costs. Anything else negates all reasoning for your independent free will and a consciousness/awareness.

1. earnestshub profile image88
      earnestshubposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Well covered. I agree with this. I would further state that many people never become conscious enough of their sub-concious needs to ever make any real personal decisions. smile

3. Jerami profile image77
    Jeramiposted 7 years ago

That all sounded pretty close to right!

1. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You say close to right?

Just curious, what do you think is different?

Just asking.

4. underhiswings profile image60
    underhiswingsposted 7 years ago

Satan, evil and deception has but one place and that is under my foot.

He has no authority in my life, none.

1. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Nothing wrong ever happens to you ?

1. underhiswings profile image60
        underhiswingsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

All things work together for good to the people who are called according to the purpose of God.
        To those who love Him, He causes all things to work His purposes out in their lives and no other authority has power over them.
        Wrong? Right? Circumstances?...are all working together for good and are opportunities for good to come about.
        I do not look at things as "good news" or "bad news"
        Just NEWS.

My profile says where I live.

1. tantrum profile image60
          tantrumposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes. It looks like you're virtual. big_smile  Living in a psalm lol

5. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Hey Earnestshub,

Check out the conversation I've got going in Can You Grasp Life and What Role You Play? forum.

We started last night, and I can only guess we'll continue, when he comes on.

There are only six responses in forum, but man are they long.

1. earnestshub profile image88
      earnestshubposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Cagsil, I will go look. smile

6. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

And, thank you.

7. Jerami profile image77
    Jeramiposted 7 years ago

@ Cagsil   Actually was saying well done.  Would have to look very closely to disagree with anything.   
      I may need a little bit of clarification though concerning  "other actions being amoral and can not be classified as good or bad"?
      and self guidance ALWAYS being best course of action at all cost. I'm not sure if this can be said to be an absolute truth for everyone??   some people get lost in their own closet.
       except for my confusion on these two points; two thumbs up.

1. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hey jerami,

Thank you for the two thumbs up.

Let's see if I can help you get over the other two hurdles you talking about.

Self-guidance is always best. Absolutely, because to give up your individual control over your thoughts or actions, is detrimental to your survival.

If someone controls your actions- you can not eat, unless they let you.

If someone controls your thoughts- that oppress your human consciousness, into your subconscious and it's not suppose to be there. You would be auto-toy for who ever you gave control to.

That defeats your ability to control your existence.

You are alive, you can make honest rational thoughts and then act on them. This is also how you can differentiate between good or bad, and immoral and moral.

You give up your ability to choose what is right or wrong, then you give up your own life, so others can use you at will for whatever purpose they see fit.

As for your other statement about other actions which are deemed amoral?

Amoral is not either moral or immoral.

Actions like feelings and emotions, which cannot be considered as standards, absolutes or morals.

Does that help?