Who has the best argument about God's existence?

Jump to Last Post 151-169 of 169 discussions (639 posts)
  1. sooner than later profile image59
    sooner than laterposted 14 years ago

Jim,

you are quite the patient man. I admire your ability to remain reasonable in what would become "childish" conversation.

If I am not one of your fans yet, I am now.

sooner than later.

1. spiderpam profile image74
      spiderpamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have to agree. Hey Sooner!

sooner than laterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey pam, good to see you. I was down your way last week. Got a little hot there in Phoenix huh?

1. spiderpam profile image74
          spiderpamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yep~ and we got dust storm now smile

sooner than laterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ahh, I don't envy you.
            Well, we are getting some darn strong winds in the high desert, but no dust.

2. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Yes he does owe you an apology. This matter came up before and he did not listen then either.
    Very selective reading.

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah well, he speaks for god so I guess god does not apologize when he gets it wrong. wink

He has prompted me to write a book though. A hard book rather than an ebook.

He is a perfect example of why a belief in an invisible super being rots your brain and destroys your ability to think for yourself. He just is not capable of hearing what I am saying. He does not care if he falsely accused me or damaged me in some way. This is secondary to the Word. sad  And they are proud that all that matters is the Word. I do not count. How I feel does not count. All that matter is spreading the hatred.

Just imagine how advanced we could be - morally and ethically - if we had gotten rid of this notion that the reward is in the afterlife and we need to shout "Jesus is Lord!" until the heathens believe what we believe.

Look at the spider woman - dumping the same thing over and over - all wrong - to try and prove that millions of scientists and millions of pieces of evidence are all a lie to stop her from beleebing in Jeebus. sad

Sad - that is what it is. I admire your tenacity in the face of so many of them telling ypu you are worthless and there is something wrong with you for not believing what they believe.

I am out of here until the religionist Low apologizes for making false accusations.

Bet he cannot - what do you think?

1. aka-dj profile image66
        aka-djposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You've been "out of here..." many times before. Will you keep your word this time? lol
        If Jim does NOT apologize, and you come back, that makes YOU a liar,NO? I mean, that's how you define lying! hmm

LOL

Jim Low publicly accused me of doing something I did not do. Here on this forum. I guess in true drama queen christian matrydom I should  have started a new thread away from the ridiculous beliefs forum. But I prefer to be honest and up front instead. I know I know - that is not the way people who believe in Jesus like to behave. Thank you for reminding me why your religion disgusts me and many others.

Me a liar? LOLOLOLO

No wonder you are despised -

You just cannot see that being a judgmental hypocrite is guaranteed to get people to despise you can you dj?

lol

Oh well - as long as you get to be judgmental - that is what is really important huh? lol lol

But keep on calling me a liar so that I will prove what a liar I am by responding to you.

Then you are "right"

Like what it says in the bible about publicly judging others until they hate you.

That is what it says right?

That is what Jeebus taught you to do? lol

Now I am definitely out of here.

Call me a liar again and I will start a new thread just for you.

2. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

low jim may find apology too much for his massive ego. Like many other religionists he carries the only truth around with him and speaks without hearing others as they are not in agreement with his version of his god. Bloody hilarious! lol. smile

3. Jewels profile image82
    Jewelsposted 14 years ago

From what I am reading here, it is certainly NOT the religionists who have the best argument about God's existence.  Considering the thread is about arguing, I suppose both sides have won.  Then again, if the religionists have to argue about it, perhaps they haven't won anything, and lost much.

1. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this
  4. Jewels profile image82
    Jewelsposted 14 years ago

Whilst Mark Knowles needs no defense, he is big enough to defend himself, Jim Low is really out of line and ignorant not knowing that Mark Knowles doesn't need to lie.  He has never wavered from his stand for one and is way too mature to stalk any hubs incognito.  He would do it to your face, that's the kind of man he is.

Jim, if you are the kind of man you portray yourself to be (a God knower and lover), you perhaps would do well to lead by example, or be lead by the teachings of Jesus.  Just a thought.

Mind you, if you really are just here to argue, go right ahead, you're doing a good job of it.  Perhaps leave God out of it altogether, it's a bit off center regardless of what side you're on.

5. profile image0
    JimLowposted 14 years ago

Mark,

Now that I know what "specifically" you are talking about as far as my falsely accussing you, I will offer you an apology for that. While I didn't say specifically that it was you I did imply that I thought it was you who posted the comments I referred-to in the earlier post.

I do admit that I actually now don't believe it was you who posted the comments I referred to earlier. They were posted by a member "Hell-No" and the vile name-calling ones I had to disapprove were posted by an unregistered user named "Dan". I believe now that Dan and Hell-No were the same person. Some of the comments are still at the Hubs.

For those attack comments that I now know you would have offered directly toward me, rather than through another member name or unregistered name, I do apologise. <(no sarcasm, it's a sincere one.)

Now let's all move on.

Apology accepted.

6. Sufidreamer profile image78
    Sufidreamerposted 14 years ago

Fair play, Jim - my reaction was nothing to do with religion. You are man enough to offer an apology - for me, the matter is closed. Obviously, I don't speak for Mark!

Dan/Hell-No enjoys a certain notoriety on Hubpages smile

Now, we can get back to the brawling big_smile

7. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

I think I have the best arguement about Gods existance, and since it is the best ,there is no need to argue it anymore

It is me smile
    I am unique ,theres no one else like me, nobody, if ya searched the world top to bottom ,you would only find 'one me' big_smile

C'mon , do you really think I am an accident , that you you yourself just somehow ,magically formed ,evolved into somebody uniquely distinct from anyone else...?

Science is great!! but the one who thought of it first surely is the Mastermind smile

Kia Kaha Surfi wink

8. Sufidreamer profile image78

Geia Sou, EK

Hope that life is treating you well smile

9. Eaglekiwi profile image75

Hey Surfi , cool greeting that , now ya got me thinkin Souvlaki and whats that sweet sticky 'to die for' cake ?? baklava, naughty isnt it lol

Oh hormones , blame hormones big_smile
    (What was God thinkin') lol oh now theres a hub , hehe

10. Sufidreamer profile image78

mmmm...Baklava. Might have to have one, now.

We are having a national holiday, although I still have to work sad

11. Sexy jonty profile image58
    Sexy jontyposted 14 years ago

Hey don't laugh ......

God existence is true ......

I believe that as in mathematics quantity such as iota (i) solves many complex problems of mathematics ...... but it is an imaginary quantity, no proof for it's existence and without it many of the problems would be at halt .....

Same is with the God ..... problems around the world are been solved by him ..... but he is in our imagination ......
    no proof for it's existence, but without it many of our problems would not be solved .......

Without him, we could be almost problem-ridden. One less topic to argue about, and get killed for.

More like without US, the world (and God) would be problem-ridden.
        He's not the problem, NEVER has been. It's always us who create the problems.
        Oh, and the killing too. We do that. (Humans, I mean). big_smile

Humans  < God's creation.  (according the believers, not me ) Sowho's to blame ??

I agree with you on the rest. big_smile

To put it another way, "we are our own worst enemy". hmm

A very lousy Creation. Don't you think ? hmm

That's like seeing a rotten apple and saying, "what lousy fruit". It didn't start out that way. big_smile

It always has. It's in Man's condition.

If you read the Bible. since Adam & Eve, When this loving God decided to put the famous Tree in front of them  and watch them fall. big_smile

2. aka-dj profile image66

He was OK before the fall.

2. Eaglekiwi profile image75
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Somehow mankinds record doesnt quite show that we would all live peacefully if their was one less arguement sadly...
        To be honest Im convinced it would be quite the opposite.

Just thinkin on some places that have no religion ,well no obvious religion , and um they probably still eating one another ...plus wheres theres no law , there is lawlessness...

I just dont like my household,society,world having 'no boundaries' I guess

Anyway I really only came to say anyone wanna have lunch with me lol tippy toes out.

An you big boys quit arguing and do some work lol

lol lol Hi eagle ! I'll have lunch with you ! A virtual one, I mean !

2. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The sage Aryabhatta invented zero and mathematics by observing the laws of this universe or god. smile

Zero is a concept for enlightenment or god. smile

12. khrisna profile image57
    khrisnaposted 14 years ago

God do exist! need proof? God is nature. He lives in our heart. he is you and me because we are his sons. He is the truth and the kindness. He made this whole universe as his laws. You planted good things than you will dilatable good things and otherwise.

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Existence exists. To think that it was created by a "god" or a "creator" is foolishness. Such foolishness could only be created by man.

If you're looking for an answer how LIFE came to be, including nature...the MOON orbiting the Earth is the only reason the Earth can support life-forms at all.

13. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

@ cagsil

BTW, 
    HELLO ?! lol

14. Eaglekiwi profile image75

Ok great tantrum

Garden Salad and sirloin tip cheese burgers ( screw the diet)
    I want meat!! smile

If ya see Justine around ,can ya hit her up for the blue vein dressing and maybe some of her home made bread big_smile

If Badco shows himself ,I know hes good for some Cab Sav big_smile

Help Yourself

I said grace ,wink

Thanks for the lunch! It was great ! A relly nice break after reading  all the ----- posted in here ! big_smile

15. justintimee profile image60
    justintimeeposted 14 years ago

Also without light there is no color only darkness.

No one can touch or see gravity but we know, that it exist!

1. rhamson profile image71
      rhamsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well you can't see it with the naked eye. I like the comparison though.  It just leaves it open for science to dispute.

16. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

NOBODY!!

Happy halloween to all!!

17. R P Chapman profile image60
    R P Chapmanposted 14 years ago

Got to love a thread with all 634 posts so far when the correct answer was given in post number 2! big_smile

1. prettydarkhorse profile image61
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OH LOLOLOL

18. Kori Lee F.P. profile image82
    Kori Lee F.P.posted 14 years ago

The argument against there being a god is flawed because if you have one strange event, something unexplainable then the pure system of evolution or chemicals in the brain does not explain all events in time and space.  There are too many proven events that have no explanation. These type of "mystical" events point to a different reality.  Physics begins to sound strange when you try to include all events in space and time.  All you end up with is theories. Is light a wave or particle?  How can it change when it wants to- seemingly random?   So my arguement for something- beyond evoltion or what we have in place, begins here. 

The narrowness of the point-of-view promotes the outcome.  Quatum physics shows that the observer and the observed are interconnected.  As soon as the western mind understands that their is no objective reality separate from human perception then many things will become clear.  Their is more going on in this universe than our 10% brain activity is understanding.  The brain activity is provable.  The universe has not yet been completely explored. 
    Our western world view is flawed because we cannot include all experiences in our framework.  Quatum physics is on fast forward and the western-Newtonian machine clockwork world view is obselete.  Holographic experiments are already happening.  The Eastern world-view is not so problematic because most of all experiences fit into their framework.  I think it is funny that we use our technology, we are playing around with many new technologies but people think our consciousness is not moving at a higher rate.

Is it God or Consciousness?  Are we vibrating balls of energy?  How fast can I vibrate?  Does the Dali Lama increase his awareness with his methods of mediation?  Is this what we are talking about when we try to understand God?  There is a lot more going on that meets the eye. Dreams, Promonitions, mystical experiences, medicine men, - all these things do not fit into the evolutionary-scientific point-of-view.  You can explain it away like the Bible-obssessed believers- its the devil, it is chemicals- but they are all weak arguments because there are too many documented experiences everywhere, everytime, in all cultures.  This is the problem with both sides.

19. profile image47
    child of christposted 14 years ago

In answer to your question no agument is good enough, IT'S NAME IS DIUS, AND IN THE BIBLE IT CLEARING SAYS THAT THE COMFORTER SEND BY JESUS CHRIST ITSELF AND AS IT IS SAID IN THE REVELATION THAT THE ONLY ONE THAT KNOWS HIS NAME IS THE ONE THAT HAS IT ON HIM,SO WE GO TO THE HEBREWS, AND THEY WILL TELL YOU THAT GOD COULD NOT LIE BY THESE TWO IMMUTABLE PROOFS, ONE BEING JESUS CHRIST AND THE OTHER THE COMFORTHER THAT HE SENT, AND TWO  MORE IMMUTABLE PROOFS ARE FOUND IN THE NAME YAWEH,IF ANY ONE HAS WISDOM, CHECK TO YOUR HEARTS CONTENT WHAT THIS NAME IS

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)