jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Why is God great?

1. topgunjager profile image61
    topgunjagerposted 7 years ago

i always hear people say that God is great, i wonder, where do we base God's greatness from? Is it because you believe that he created everything? If we base God's greatness through his results as a supreme being, being what the world is today, is he still great?

1. Pr0metheus profile image59
      Pr0metheusposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Well, assuming he exists, I don't think today's situation is evidence to renounce his greatness.  God created everything!

2. 59
      DrewAposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Not a number can be put on the amount of people who have died for a so called god/s to me this is not greatness. Evolution is the creator of all there is more fact to that than the bible for sure.

2. kess profile image60
    kessposted 7 years ago

You can base the greatness of God in numbers.

You think the greatest number ever.
    Then Add one that number is God...

When you are tired of adding then you should truly understand God's greatness.

3. prettydarkhorse profile image65
    prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago

If he created everything?? we must prove that He existed first, then the question is ??? If he truly existed? is he ever knowing,  Is he perfect? no beginning no ending?

What is he doing before the creation?

where does that leave the people, brainless?? No will to think because if he knew that it will happen to you, how does he allow it to happen?

Is he just there so that he can make fun of you? to experiment on us? to just watch us from a distance to suffer, come on we are responsible for our own life...

or he is just a figment of your mind....when nobody else can explain what is happening, it is just easy to answer, IT IS the will of god....

No logic and reason can justify the existence of GOD..

He is just created to have order in the world......you see religion is the opium of the massess...thats according to karl Marx anyway....

1. aka-dj profile image79
      aka-djposted 7 years ago in reply to this

The figment came thousands of years before I was born.
      How did I DO THAT?
      I AM amazing!  hmm

1. prettydarkhorse profile image65
        prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

yeah...you surely didnt have that figment, whatever the time the concept of GOD came into being, it was first came about because we cant explain what is happening....and we surely can just say IT IS GODS will...