jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

"Friendship of the world is enmity with God." - bible

1. 0
    zampanoposted 7 years ago

Hey Evolution Guy.
    No need to take the kid seriousely.
    He's maybe just crossing through a bad period.
    I'd add, no need to take seriousely whoever exposes pure rethorical, mystical, methaphysical arguments.
    Evolution is rather than turn around in circles like fish in a bowl, turning around in spirals.
    This way we never reverse back to the same point.
    Think positive, think spiral.

1. Evolution Guy profile image61
      Evolution Guyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I am not taking him seriously. I am pointing out that starting threads for the sole purpose of promoting yourself is against the rules, and I am of course wholly against his particular brand of hate mongering.

He is here to spread conflict and arguments - that is what he wants to do. Now that is negative thinking. wink

2. 0
    zampanoposted 7 years ago

positive. smile

3. 0
    Fear Godposted 7 years ago

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." - Jesus

1. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 7 years ago in reply to this

This is to do with cutting of peoples ego and ignorance. smile

2. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm sure he did that! You only have to look around.big_smile
      nothing new !
      And yes I'm an enemy of God.
      If God is how you describe it
      Thank you for making me a HAPPY  & FRIENDLY ATHEIST ! big_smile

4. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago

lol wt?

Ok trusting the caffienes kicked in , Im gonna wade in...big_smile

First of all clarify 'friends of the world' not another persons version ,but your perception of what it means please.

Thanks smile

The word 'friend' is like the word 'love'

I dont call a stranger a friend ,but someone else does.. is either of us wrong?

I enjoy ice-cream,but I dont love icecream. I love my kids ,and I dont always enjoy them lol..

I will wait for your defination to my above query.

1. aguasilver profile image88
      aguasilverposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I don't know about our young friends interpretation, I would guess from his profile pic that he is a mite severe in his belief at the moment, it happens to many, me included!

IMHO the verse refers to the fact that when you start living a life that shows Christ, you will inevitably offend and distress those who do not want to be made aware of the radical message that Christ preaches.

I mean He made some pretty radical statements:

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

That's a real divisive statement when you are speaking to people who think that all roads lead to heaven/nirvana/paradise (basically take your pick) - and even more so when you are speaking to folk who think that NO ROADS lead anywhere!

"Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me."

That's another sure vote winner that modern politicians would never want to make.

You see Jesus made a whole lot of very non politically correct statements and had no fear or compunction in offending people, He cared less about what people thought than where people were heading.

These forums are just a continuation of that preaching, and those who get offended and strike back or try to 'crucify' the messengers are simply doing the same as the world has always sought to do - silence the message.

But God said that His words would not return void, so 'we' just keep preaching it, and 'they' just keep refuting it, and the word continues to go out to the world, and this place is a fine platform to reach many people.

But I do agree that the chap should have read the rules before spouting off, like the rules say, your profile will take anyone interested to your pages and hubs.

5. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago

A better example would be ..How can a man serve two masters?