jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Have You Ever Cursed Anyone?

1. delivite profile image60
    deliviteposted 7 years ago

A petty thief attacked a preacher's wife one day. Out of anger, the preacher rained some terrible, better-imagined-than-experienced curses on the thief -- he stole the wife's phone, anyway.

Question: Was he right to have cursed rather than blessed?

Have you ever cursed anyone?

2. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

Here is a true story.
    We had a clergyman in our city who apparently hated kids.
    Because of his attitude the kids gave him a bit of stick so he came outside to abuse them in the foulest most sexually disturbing manner you could imagine.
    The kids got it all on video and it got splashed on the 6 o'clock TV news! lol

3. 0
    poetlorraineposted 7 years ago

here's another one...

I used to be a florist, and had to go into a church at night to do the arrangements for the next day.....  The vicar of the church was a lovely man, and i had been in there loads of times before, and he had always been so kind...

However, it seemed that i had gone just as he had locked up the church.........  I wish i would have had a video with me, so i could have recorded his language.  He thought i had gone to the car to get the flowers out, but i was stood behind him listening.... I swear i have never ever heard words he used come out of any one's mouth ever before. 

He wasn't even embarrased when he saw I was there, I just told him i didn't not think i would be calling him in my hour of need, especially if it was after 6p.m. and then we both laughed about it.   They are human and busy i suppose....

4. rmcrayne profile image95
    rmcrayneposted 7 years ago

I'm fond of calling crazy drivers mud-sucking SOBs.  Does that count?  I also know how to say absolutely vile things about one's mother in Turkish.  Also a favorite with crazy drivers.

5. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago

of course i do everytime I am mad, but they are all laughing at me, maybe because it is in my native toungue and I am here in the US now, mind you if i translate my native curse to english, they would be the same, they are all pertaining to a mother..i dont know why curse sometimes concentrate on the mother like mother _____. son of a _______. it is the same in my native toungue.P___ina where ina is the mother. or the F word, we also curse the same but in th enative toungue or its equivalent . I am just thinking why not the father also like father_____ or son of a _______.

i dont think it is bad to curse at times,,,,,it is just an expression of your exasperation....and yes clergy people are humans too...

6. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 7 years ago

I'd loved to, but I would be banned

7. Paradise7 profile image87
    Paradise7posted 7 years ago

I use the "f" word when I get frustrated with a mechanical object, any thing that needs finesse to work it, because I have none.

The objects fortunately don't register swears, so I don't have to put coins in the swear box to give to the poor.

The coins in the swear box to give to the poor are only for swears directed at a human being, and that swear box does occasionally get a work out after a day in traffic, or driving anywhere.  The lack of finesse with mechanical objects, like a car, isn't assisted by the lack of finesse of my fellow drivers on the road.