IDIOTS..........

Jump to Last Post 1-41 of 41 discussions (125 posts)
  1. chukra G profile image61
    chukra Gposted 14 years ago

if you are an ATHEIST, whatever info that has been installed about god in your brain is wrong,that is why you are atheist, if you are a BELIEVER whatever info about god that has been installed in your brain is wrong too,that is why you called yourself as believer... we humans are idiots that is why we are still killing each others. humans are virus to earth

when dark is absent of light.
    atheist is absent of believers.(its mean none of you are a believer)

1. Paraglider profile image87
      Paragliderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, I am neither atheist nor believer. The Rationalist position is that neither stance is necessary. But I'm not about to join your little select club if the best you can do is call everyone else an idiot.

1. Sue Adams profile image95
        Sue Adamsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hear hear

2. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Humans are virus to earth.
      That's why it's so silly to believe in a God so virulent . lol

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
        prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol!

dont want to be called an idiot, I am a flower

A flower and a horse together?

yes paraglider, I am a horse and a flower too, how are you?

In pretty good shape, for a piece of wood wink

oh cmon (you are not like that) am singing in karaoke now, join me here, am waiting for your 100th article now...

I'm waiting for inspiration smile

oh ok,(what kind of inspiration?), some thoughts for a new article, gentle loving,   but I will check everyday if you have posted one already, \

you have lots of nice articles, put them together and publish it,,,,

3. profile image0
      Poppa Bluesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We humans are many things, but idiots? I wouldn't say we were idiots. We are after all the most successful species to occupy the planet, in spite of our flaws and every species has their flaws.

1. profile image0
        cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I always find it interesting that a perfect "God" (the Christian god) would "intelligently design" something as flawed and imperfect as humans. we break down and get sick easily, are prone to rages and deep depressions, etc.

plus if I were going to design living creatures I would have made them so they would never break down or have to do things like shave their legs or go to the bathroom or have 'that time of the month'.

1. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

WTG Cosette!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol  lol  lol
              lol  lol

1. profile image0

big_smile   it just makes sense....

4. Lady_E profile image62
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

....and what's the verdict if you are a Muslim and Microsoft Islam has been installed in your brain?

5. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No disrespect, but this makes no sense at all!!!

6. starme77 profile image77
      starme77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is calling people idiots a God thing or what ? I guess the bible must say somewhere that its o.k to call people idiots - I don't know  but as crazy as that book is - i'll bet it can be rationalized in there somewhere

1. Lady_E profile image62
        Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Chukra is not a Christian and the Bible is not a crazy book. wink

It may not be 'crazy', per se, but it isn't based on any facts, either.

And, just in case- if you ask me to provide proof 'god' doesn't exist....I would say that anything outside of reality is what doesn't exist.

On top of that- if the 'bible' or any other religious text, didn't exist....you wouldn't believe in this so-called 'higher' authority.

Now, would you?

2. starme77 profile image77

O.k maybe the bible isn't a crazy book - bad choice of words, It's a man made book - put together from beginning to end by man , there are 360 some odd versions of "The Bible" and all say diffrent things  - hmmmmmmmmm does that give ya a clue?

1. profile image0
            elliot.dunnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

do they really all say different things? how different are we talking?

1. starme77 profile image77

A wonderful friend of mine - a homeless man with cancer - read every single one of em and said the king james version was the worst of all - he dosn't believe all that man made book stuff either and he read em all
              read em and see what you think

2. Cagsil profile image70

lol  lol  lol

I find it interesting that the "bible" tells people not to judge, yet you can rest assure that those who follow a 'religion' of some sort, are willing to make that leap too and say that those who don't believe are fools.

Contradiction!

Sounds like something a mystical entity would do. So much for perfection.

lol   lol  lol

7. profile image0
      elliot.dunnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

an attack on epistemology, even more so an attack on truth.  my understanding is that you're essentially saying that not only can we, as idiot humans, not perceive truth, there is no objective truth.  would you say there is objective truth?

8. profile image0
      Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow! I just love being called an idiot. I'll see if I can remember to fan you, but I might be too stupid to carry a thought that long smile

9. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

actually, your right.  all humans by definition are idiots whether they choose to believe it or not. religion was always intended to bring peace and prosperity within humanity.  even according to the ten commandments, it teaches forgiveness and "thou shalt not kill."  however, we kill in the name of religion all the time.  in fact, its a statistical fact, that more wars are started over religion than anything else. 

yet religion is supposed to bring about harmony and the best in us, not the worst. 

then we get into technology aspects of man achievements, and what have we really done?  nothing to be quite frank.  sure, we made a few strides here and there, but its nothing that won't benefit humanity if we keep going down the road we're going.  we have so many inventions on how to kill each other, but we don't have anything to benefit mankind in case of real catastrophic events.  like did you guys know that astrologers predict in 2037, there's a meteor about the size of texas heading this way towards earth.

for those that don't know, thats the same size of the meteor that took out the dinosaurs a million some odd years ago.  in case you were wondering.  yet instead of building the technology to either repel that thing or space travel to evacuate to another inhabitable planet.  we're investing millions into nuclear bombs to blow each other up, just because most nations don't all believe in the same ideals.

Astrologers?? I won't hold my breath wink

1. Jewels profile image82
          Jewelsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm an astrologer and I won't hold my breath either.  But do you mean astronomers?  Just checking.

1. profile image0

oops.  sorry, it thought i put down astronomers, but i guess i didn't.  my bad.  i guess i really need to be more thorough in my spell checks.  lol.  anyway, i heard about it on the science channel about how astronomers predict a meteor to hit us around 2037.  in fact, the armaggedon movie was based on that.

1. aka-dj profile image65
              aka-djposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The Book of Revelation alludes to something similar. Only, NO DATE given.
              I would definitely hold my breath, but I doubt I could last more that 30secs. big_smile

The difference is, of course, that astronomers have to see the meteor first, then work out its trajectory. Astrologers can just ask Pluto...

Prophecy works by "seeing" in another way than telescopes. big_smile

2. profile image0

actually scientists have discovered this meteor a while back as science has continued to evolve my friend with satelite photos and such.  in fact, the meteor is called apophis.  here's a link if you wanna read up about it.  trust me this is no joke.  humanity needs to get its act together and say forget all this religious difference and start to work together for the greater good.  otherwise, we're all going to freaking die.  here's the link for anyone that doubts my claim.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2005/ … n.research

Sorry for sounding a bit cynical, but what IS the greater good? And what will it matter if we ALL die at the end? hmm

2. profile image0
    Minnalousheposted 14 years ago

Why So Serious?

Do you think your insight hasn't been installed? Why or why not?

chukra Gposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile not serious. why can't humans learn to use their brain smile.

1. shanekruger profile image61
        shanekrugerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

humans should remember one thing "use your head before it is useless"

3. marcofratelli profile image77
    marcofratelliposted 14 years ago

I'm not human, i'm a tree, so therefore I am not an idiot.

1. profile image0
      Am I dead, yet?posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Marco, I must say I love your comment bits here, and also your 'tweets' I laugh so hard--you don't even know. Just popped in here to say just that! I love your hilarious tweets! w00t!

1. marcofratelli profile image77
        marcofratelliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hehe, thank you so much! smile

4. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Not a lot of room to move is there? smile

1. marcofratelli profile image77
      marcofratelliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Um... no! lol

Your options to escape idiocy are:
      a) be a plant
      b) be an animal
      c) be an alien

you are nice smile

1. earnestshub profile image80
          earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would accept the title of idiot. We humans are as thick as two planks sometimes, or at least this human is! lol

1. Lisa HW profile image62
            Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Idiot" I can go with (for me, as well).  "Viruses" - no.   lol

5. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

chukra, well that's an unpleasant view of humans.   lol   I like to think I contribute a little something to this life.  I don't kill anyone, and I do use my brain.  Most of the other human beings I know are pretty much like I am, so maybe it depends on who we hang out with or what view our individual brains take.  The people I know aren't "viruses to the Earth".  Caring, good, peaceful, people are, I think, part of the vibrancy of life on Earth.  Some people may be "viruses", but the rest of us are working on that.   smile

6. profile image0
    Minnalousheposted 14 years ago

I don't mind being an idiot. It would be far scarier to think of what we know now (2009) as something passing for intelligence. Unless one believes in finite intelligence, we'll always be just a minuscule ratio of the known to unknown. Perhaps we have other purposes besides being ... "knowledgeable?"

1. cheaptrick profile image74
      cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree,we occupy a miniscule position on the continuum of perception,awareness,and consciousness but human arrogance requires that any thing out side of our understanding be Humanized which gives rise to all sorts of myths and supernatural explanations.seems to me its OK to just say"I Don't Know!"

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We a seem to be in full agreement on this. smile

7. zadrobi profile image60
    zadrobiposted 14 years ago

I sense irony in this thread

8. The Rope profile image60
    The Ropeposted 14 years ago

Generalizations are easy...(see I thought this one up in less than a second)...

9. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

lol again

1. profile image0
        Home Girlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

----Amen!!!

10. profile image0
    Revive@OwnRiskposted 14 years ago

Sometimes I'm sure I'm an idiot. I think, however, I make up for it by being tolerant of those who call everyone else idiots. At least it's a good laugh.

1. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am tolerant of those idiots that are all around me. Until they act like  they are less of an idiot than I am.
         Then I act more like one. Dont like it when I do that

11. UPStar profile image60
    UPStarposted 14 years ago

"The fool has said in his heart there is no god." psalm 14:1
    I think the "idiots" are the ones who want to deny the existence of God because then they know they would be accountable to Him... and thats kinda scary when you can't seem to stop sinning and even want to sin.
    "The fear of the Lord is the BEGINNING of wisdom." Proverbs 1:7

1. tantrum profile image61

Speak for yourself. I don't fear any God, thank you ! sad

2. Cagsil profile image70

To fear a "god" is to believe it exists. I can not fear anything that is not part of reality.

3. Cagsil profile image70

Secondly, I am accountable to myself and no other.

4. getitrite profile image71

I guess that confims that nonbelievers are fools. That's cruel and arrogant and childish. I either believe there is a god or I'm a fool?yikes RIGHT!  I guess Einstein, Lincoln, Mark Twain and Jefferson were all fools!!!

We are all fools... but happy ! big_smile
        Can she/he say the same ?
        I doubt it ! lol

1. getitrite profile image71

Probably not sad

12. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

lol reading this thraed made me laugh. Especially the religios fanatic saying that those who don't believe are idiots. Ah I have to agree with Cagsil that the bible does say not to judge others but those who believe are CONSTANTLY judging. That is why my beliefs have changed...I do believe in God but I also believe in other things such as magic, fairies...things like that. And I also believe that people should believe what they want to believe whether it be another type of religion or don't believe at all.

So yes I guess I'm an idiot and damn proud of it too LMAO

Here's another !! lol

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol hey tantrum can I join the Idiot club? According to another person on here I am on a path of destruction LMAO

13. Sedric  Dawyn profile image60
    Sedric Dawynposted 14 years ago

Crazdwriter, I do understand what you mean, but the thing is.. is there is ah HUGE different between religion and being spiritual. I am spiritual. I believe in some form of higher intelligence that created all. There are some things that just cannot be explained from a tongue, nor on paper or a thread like this. Things that we just hsve to have an open mind too just say "It just is" Smile and move on. You see, we are here for one purpose, for spiritual enlightenment. Do you know what it really means to be enlightened? It means perfect thoughts all the time that do not stray. No worries at all because you know that all is in good fortune. unconditional love all the time.. That is so hard to do especially when you know the persno knew what they were doing was wrong, they do it anyways, then they feel bad about it, et cetera. That is all the human in us, the part that grows with our bodies our brains not our minds. Our minds and our  spirits well they know more.. more lifetimes. We continue to live lives and have dreams of ou past lives to better our path for enlightenment. It is just almost utterly impossible to if you want to put it in words like of a game. We get extra lives to make to the end and once we beat it, We can help guide others. We can even get the option to be spirit guides, but the thing is, is words cannot really explain , I mean, I can go in and on and stray off the topic but that wouldn't be good. But we are here for spiritual einlightenment, it doesn't matter what religion you are, it is just a name. Every language their word means god or higher being creator et cetera, so yea. I mean come on of course we are killing each other. Everyone is missing the big picture, not only that but some people are just of chaos they will just destroy until they are physically stopped and that is sad. But i'm done with this for now as I dont intend to write a novel.

There is NO difference between religion and being spiritual. You maintain your spirituality through your belief of religious text. Meaning, you really don't understand life itself.

A higher intelligence higher than man's proven intelligence defies reality. Therefore, can only be imagined. If you imagine something- it doesn't make it real.

See: Aristotle definition of reality- Reality exists independently of thoughts, will, desires, or wishes. Reality is all knowable.

That may be your purpose. How ever, it is not the purpose of life.

Just in case you didn't know....your Brain is your mind, these are NOT two separate things.

This above section is ludicris to say the least. You get ONE life and you're suppose to live it, by being beneficial to society, as a whole. The purpose of your life is to be determined by you, your own thoughts and defined by your actions. There isn't a so-called 'divine' plan.

Everyone is missing the big picture, because they have been LIED to, not because of any other reason.

If religion and/or religious text didn't exist. You own understanding wouldn't have come to be what it is today.

So, with that said- let's keep it real.

14. profile image0

okay? Sedric I do know that there is a HUGE difference between the two. And being open minded doesn't mean to me just smile and move on. Obviously you don't know me so why sit there and lecture me? To me you are being very closed minded.

15. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

If there is a God who created human beings then I'd think He wouldn't have created nothing but "idiots".  (Sure, he may have created SOME idiots.  Why - we'll never know.  roll)  If there's no God then people who don't believe in Him aren't idiots, but neither are people who feel they gain something from having faith (in view of the fact that nobody can know for sure while we're on Earth).

So, to me, to sum it up:  We can all be idiots at times.  Most of us aren't idiots in general.  Some of us are idiots all the time (no doubt about that).  Some of us may even be in the minority of being worthless pieces of dirt (child predators, etc.).  Calling God's human creations "idiots" insults God, but if there's no God then people who don't believe are not idiots - and having said all that, none of us are viruses (or bacteria or fungus, for that matter).   lol

1. profile image0

lmao Lisa...and they say that God made man in the likeness of Him....where does that fit in with us idiots?

Put 2 & 2 together .  big_smile

16. Sedric  Dawyn profile image60

i did not mean to lecture, and if I did I apologize but the saying  that we are in the like image of god is meaning our spirits. Our spiritual essence is connected with this divine intelligence or god as most call it. And when I mean just smile and walk away hell no I dont mean literally, it is a form I say to mean what the hell else can I do? And when I was using an example I was in no means meaning you are anyone. I am speaking in general terms. I do tend to speak in a little different twist of words. I do apologize again. As far as open minded it is really hard like I was saying in my previous post, to be completely open minded. It is a challenge for us. There is a saying an open heart is an open mind... I find that difficult at times to open my heart. My Anahata which is the sanskrit for i love is the fourth chakra. It closes up defensivly. We all can do nothing more than do our best to keep on going in life.

I love all of humanity. At times, I don't like their actions, but that doesn't mean I love each person any less.

Humans are flawed and can not obtain the perfection described by religious text.

Besides, the 'spirit' you claim to have is a man-made definition. The 'spirit' of a person is not a physical or even an energy manifestation. It's a word that describes a person actions of not willing to give up.

Just like the word 'soul'. It is also a man-made word that describes a person through their own actions. A person can seem to have a good 'soul' because they don't demean other people and help those who do not understand. He/She would be consider of a good 'soul'.

Again, let's keep it real.

2. profile image0

Well luckily for me I have overcome the challenge of being completely open minded and open hearted when it come to other ppl. I accept them for who they are, flaws and all, as well as religios beliefs or no religious beliefs. I was raised to accept everyone and I have. smile Yes tehre are those who tick me off and I don't accept but that is because they had shown me that they can't be trusted or that they are very closed minded people. I give them at least 2 chances but after those two...i do push them away.

17. Sedric  Dawyn profile image60

diseases, illnesses are our body's ways of telling us sometihng is wrong. Our body is like our vehicle. All illness comes from mental illness first that gets imbedded into our chakras and causes physical illness later. Cancer et cetera can be prevented if treated before it becomes known as the physical disease. Any illness period.

18. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

I am neither an Athiest or a Believer, so shove your hypothesis up your arsehole; there is only one 'idiot' here - and that's you. Label me at your peril.

understand you first. than i will accept your word.if not u will remain idiot till your last breath, absolute truth.

2. starme77 profile image77

Ditto

19. profile image0

Cosette I love the way your brain works.

And that goes the same for you Cagsil. You two rock!

Thank you very much Crazdwriter. smile

1. profile image0

You are very welcome. smile

2. profile image0

smile  thanks CW...

1. profile image0

anytime Cosette and I have to say LOVE YOU PIC! OMG I love Charlie Brown movies. big_smile

20. Sedric  Dawyn profile image60

the bible is a book of stories that was deciphered by 38 people. All it is are stories and guidlines of events of to live. We already really (Well most of us ) know how to live. It is natural.

21. Sedric  Dawyn profile image60

i would have to agree with you on that yes. I love no one any less at all but it is their actions I do not like. As far as how you view how life is on that part, I understand. I really do. We all have our own way of "seeing" things.

22. Sedric  Dawyn profile image60

smile Indeed being open minded and having an open heart does not mean we have to allow anyone to hurt us or anyone we love in any way and just let it be. That is also why people fight, get upset, because they do care, and they do love. And if no one cared, no one would get upset, pissed off et cetera, correct? hehe Its just amazing how things are you know?

23. profile image0

definitely intersting on how life goes and how anyone could even hurt others the way they do. very sad when a so called friend back stabs another or says that she is your friend but uses you...has happened to me numerous times as a child and in my teens...and I just recently told a girl who I had given several chances to that I will no longer be her friend because all she ever did was use me sad

24. Sedric  Dawyn profile image60

yes and things like that are very hard. I am sure you still love her but that doesn't mean you have to accept her anymore into your life the way you did before. It is standing firm and refusing to be hurt anymore and hurting one last really big time in order to avoid it continuously in the future. I do wish things will light up more your way

25. profile image0

thanks I think they will...had a woman do a tarot car reading for me recently at a party and when she did my numerology she said that I am in hard year, my 8th year...and that next year will be the 9th year and it won't be as hellish as this year...oooo I can't wait for mmy 9th year. She also told me that I am already starting my journey on knowing who to push away from me and who to keep close and that next year I will be really doing all of this and that it's good that I have already started.

Don't push me away !! lol

1. profile image0

Don't worry Tantrum...I have a good feeling about you. I am good...well somewhat good at judging ppl lol

26. underhiswings profile image60
    underhiswingsposted 14 years ago

Your behavior and your words determine you to be wise or a fool.

What you are in your heart will manifest in the open for all to see. big_smile

Hey underhiswings,

I've noticed you haven't written any hubs? I'm just curious, what is your purpose at Hubpages?

Besides, coming to the forum and spreading the 'message' of your 'god'.

Seriously, I just want to know. If you're willing to tell me.

One would think that if you've been 'touched' by 'god' that you would be writing up a storm.

But, you've not written a word, either of a creative form or even a religious form.

So, it makes one curious what your purpose really is and curious minds want to know.

In my case, I want to understand, because I find knowledge a powerful source for understanding.

27. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

Yikes! Religion and Politics; so much fun. Makes you wonder if these two subjects weren't created to amuse some observing alien race. Seriously, whether you believe something to be true or, non-specificic locale forbid, KNOW it to be true,bottom line, makes it true for you and certainly no more or less valid than someone else's truth. Great arguments on both sides. I'll go and report these posts to my leader now.  ;p

Welcome Denno66,

Glad to see you among us humans. I'm glad you stopped by. Next time, I hope you can spend more time and we can get to know one another better.

I'd love to meet your leaders. When we know more about each other, maybe you'll take me to them.

lol  lol  lol  lol  lol

28. profile image0

Um, I'll get back to you on that one, but, hey, in the meantime let me just give you one of my cards.   ;p

Cute. lol smile

29. profile image0

Thank you. Thank you. (Bows) Hey, I just noticed that I wrote the specificic, I'll have to consult the Oxford guys to see if I can get that word to fly.  :-()

30. underhiswings profile image60

Cagsil:

I write many things in many places for many reasons.
    Sometimes I just post.

31. profile image0

UHW, I don't see why anyone has to explain their actions here. I didn't see any activity that injured anyone. No hubs? So? That's your choice. I choose to write strictly for entertainment's sake. Will that also be held up to a bright light? Hmmm.

I was only asking a question. I was curious.

32. underhiswings profile image60

Well, I hear ya, they asked and I gave an answer so as not to be rude.

33. viryabo profile image95
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

Now, what the H..l am i doing here? Seems i missed my way and strayed in.
    Out again i go.
    BYE smile

34. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

A person cannot gain knowledge if they never ask questions.

1. profile image0
      Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sure, that is, indeed, true. The intent and the means; are what I believe I was addressing.

35. Pr0metheus profile image57
    Pr0metheusposted 14 years ago

So if we believe in a god, we're stupid.  If we don't believe in god, we're also stupid.  Seems like a pretty hopeless situation, then.

GOD IS A SINE WAVE!

lol lol

36. aka-dj profile image65
    aka-djposted 14 years ago

PS I am not arguing per/se. Just pointing stuff out. No ill-will in my comments. smile

37. Sedric  Dawyn profile image60

aka-dj wrote:
    Why? Because humans are (hell) bent on division. There is no consensus on a single major issue in the world. There isn't even a priority list of ABSOLUTELY MUST DO, (or else we perish). We have multiplicity of politics, cultures, religions, resources, etc. We are headed for (a  certain) doomsday, and we cannot change it. There is NO WILL strong enough to do it. SORRY.

See the thing is, we manifest our own limitations. We are each individuals. So all it takes is for each of us as an individual ro give up or believe in such non-sense as that. If we all know we can change and help things then there will be results, but we all must work together, none of that crap above. We set our own limitations.

1. profile image0

i couldn't have said it better myself.

38. Cagsil profile image70

Hey, I am really sorry about this and I know this is not going to go over well with a lot of you and you know I don't care.

I've been understanding about a lot of people have thrown my way and the problem many of you are not looking at is this---

(1) The bible, as all religious scripture, had it's place and it had it's usefulness.

(2) The BIGGER picture is what many people are NOT paying attention to...the survival of mankind.

Now, I can understand each one of you have your belief and I want to let you in on ONE of my beliefs.

MY BELIEF- is that every single person on this planet is going to DIE if something isn't done to repair society. If society isn't healed, then society will destroy itself.

That was not the intention of the human race nor is it suppose to.

What you people seem to be missing is YES there is an opportunity to make peace with yourself and those around you. But, the agrument about religion has to DIE for that to happen.

The TRUTH about religion if not exposed for what it is isn't revealed, then the human race will no doubt be extinguished in one way or another.

You should be after the TRUTH of life? You should WANT that truth?

Yet, you people bicker and banter, annoy and pester, one another. It pathetic.

DON'T any of you get it.

What you seek is immortality? Ever-lasting LIFE.

You cannot imagine having ever-lasting life on Earth, which by the way, was the correct interpretation of Jesus' work- Immortal Being on Earth. You can have ever-lasting life- if you do not worship or pray to a false god or idol.

I find the belief in the words that most people have is ludicris and irrational, and extremely detrimental to life.

Literally, right now...the U.S. has plenty of military fighting a war, dying because of this pathetic reason of something that is 100% made up in your head.

What's more appalling is that you've based your belief on a book that is absent of any real facts, except for some of the people in it. That would make it a history and mythology book.

History means in the past- LEAVE IT THERE!

Mythology as we have learned through science and philosophy, are nothing more than that - a myth.

Now- if you want to talk about whether or not the book you read is real and event happened? Sure, there is alot of information in the book. But do realize- there is also ALOT of mis-information in the book.

I do understand your belief and I'm not doubting what you believe, but I will tell you this- ALL religions must die for mankind to live ever-lasting life.

Why? Because that is how Jesus Christ intended for you to live your life. He wanted YOU to be a GOD in this Universe.

I'm not saying that you would be all powerful, because you wouldn't- you would be equal with all the rest of us.

Jesus Christ consider the Human Race GODS and that simple truth has been uniquely shaded in religion. So, you can be controlled by the very thing that Jesus Christ told you not to do.

The simple fact- The HUMAN race is the ONLY known race in the Universe. We are ALL conscious ALIVE beings.

What else in the whole Universe can say that?

Yeah, you're right- NOTHING else can.

Do you really understand your religion? Or are you just believing out of fear?

1. profile image0

actually, over the years, the catholic church and the pope have come to acknowledge the possibility of life beyond our own in the universe.  however, I don't think religion itself is evil to be honest with you.

its the people that use religion as an excuse to gain leverage over everyone else is evil.  like the pilgrims used the excuse of purifying souls of indians by killing them, when they refused to convert to christianity.  Or George W. Bush when he said that he felt he was doing gods work by taking us to war into iraq.  the reality is that religion is idealistically supposed to be a foundation that brings humanity together peacefully.  Not to give people an excuse to do horrible and horrendous things, like Bin Laden using his religion as an excuse to justify orchestrating the biggest mass murder in world history.

Actually, of course the pope is going to tell you that he thinks that aliens exist, because he needs you to believe in 'god', which religion preaches. The likelihood aliens have visited Earth or ever did, is a myth. Like religion.

Religion is control. It has you doing the one thing Jesus Christ told you not to do.

When Jesus Christ was teaching his disciples- he specific told them not to prayer or worship any false god or idol.

Jesus Christ was a human male. A prophet- NO! He was a teacher.

He woke up the consciousness in people, so they could tell that they were alive and living beings. This hoax about an external authority has been controlling billions of people for centuries.

Jesus Christ told his disciples- that each one of them was a GOD-MAN and because of the time in which he lived- Roman rulership executed him to hide the truth.

When Jesus Christ was alive, the supposed 'god-kings', 'oracles' and 'mystics', those who were supposedly connected to 'god'(a external higher power), which went by many different names, had enslaved unconscious humans.

Jesus Christ saw what was happening and understood that humans were not to be enslaved or controlled, either by 'gods' or 'government'. When he was alive- the religious/spiritual leaders WERE the rulers.

That was the main reason for Jesus Christ's execution. He refuse to teach their religion and continued to teach consciousness, to people who didn't have a clue.

And, YES these people did NOT know they were alive. They had no clue. This is in the earliest stages where mankind was evolving.

Jesus Christ HELPED people break away from Nature's grip of guidance and into consciousness, so they could think for themselves and make conscious thoughts. These people couldn't talk- he had to teach them the primitive language, which began around his time.

That's WHY he spoke so strangely and baffled many religious leaders then and that is why his scriptures are written as they are.

Humankind was meant to be GODS themselves, but mankind was seen as evil, to perpetuate religious leaders control. This was reinforced by PLATO, the philosopher. Later dismissed by Aristotle.

Mankind is GOOD to begin with and should rule Earth, which we do. But, we are killing ourselves with everything else. The MYTH of a higher power has to come to an end, in order for the human race to take it's rightful place- ever lasting life.

1. profile image0

i understand what your saying completely, and get where your coming from with this.  however, you can't just look at what a bunch of other religious nuts do and assume that everyone that believe in god are like that.  not everyone uses god as an excuse to do horrible things.  its all up to the individual.  its like tommy lee jones said, in "Men In Black", "A person is smart.  PEOPLE are dumb panicky and you know it."

1. wyanjen profile image70
            wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

One of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite movies wink

39. Cagsil profile image70

So, I guess that makes you dumb and panicky.

How ever, I consider myself quite the opposite. I am an intelligent, self-confident adult human male, who can tell the difference between consciously living my life, through honesty and love, as per "Jesus Christ's words", not god.

There is no god. Jesus Christ's words are all that there is. You don't need to see past an facade or fasod. His words tell you what not to do. He specifically states it. He specifically states that if you come in from the darkness, he will show you the light.

The correct interpretation of this text has been hidden from people. It lets the mind wonder and believe in a mystical entity, which has no basis. The religious leaders of all faith know this is the case. It is the most corrupt organization on the planet, perpetuating the largest hoax - humankind has ever seen.

If you put into context what Jesus Christ said AND the time in which he LIVED....the comprehension for that statement becomes VERY VERY CLEAR!

Jesus Christ said- I want to take you out of darkness and bring you in to the light of heaven.

The 'darkness' is talking to the person who has NOT reached consciousness. Means, they were not AWARE that they were alive.

The 'to the light of heaven' is talking about being a conscious living being and living on Earth. And, if you do that- You will have ever-lasting life.

Yes, you are conscious and you are human. You are aware of your own life. That's what it means to be human. You can think for yourself and make rational choices, and even form plan for action, and still be able to carry out those plans.

YOU are the only thing on this planet that can do that. Everything else is guided by Nature and the Moon.

Our existence as a race came to be because of our moon. Life on Earth wouldn't have ever happened otherwise. Science has proven that. The only thing science has proven is 'HOW' or what did we evolve from. The question itself is moot. Who cares!

We exist. We are the only ones in the Universe that is conscious.

Am I missing something? Since everything on Earth is guided by Nature, except for humans. Cats, dogs, cattle, sheep, fish are all guided by nature.

The human race PASSED Nature when our minds evolved to consciousness. Because we are able to CONTROL OUR EXISTENCE.

Isn't that being a GOD?

1. profile image0

ummmm...first of all, i never said i was dumb and panicky.  secondly, the term, "a person is smart.  people are dumb and panicky and you know it."  a person is singular, so that would imply only one person/individual.  people is plural, thus meaning a group of people and not one person.  do i look like a group of people? 

anyway, what i meant by that quote is simply this.  anyone can be rational when faced with having to deal with difficult decisions on a daily basis.  it is only when they are put in groups of people that their decisions become compromised as they factor in other people's unnecessary opinions.  thus, creating a panicky situation. 

thirdly, i understand and respect your opinion if you choose to be an atheist.  I could care less.  my motto is that as long as you respect my opinions, i'll respect yours.  i don't see how that comes off as dumb and panicky to someone like you?

finally,  why are you saying aliens don't exist? the universe is huge, and nasa is discovering several planets, even within our own solar system, that could hold life because they have water.  and water is the essence of life.  plus, think about it.  on earth we kill each other on a constant basis over different skin color, green pieces of paper, and religion, would you want to make contact with us if you came from a highly evolved alien race?  i know i wouldn't.

40. profile image0

Yikes!

41. starme77 profile image77
    starme77posted 14 years ago

welp , gues that conversations over smile yey

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)