The Breastplate

1. Willbeblessed profile image60
    Willbeblessedposted 6 years ago

After reading an article by Kim Garcia,"The Holy Stones and Symbolism" I was inspired to write this, my first Hub article. 
    By the grace of God, I want to show the deep significance of "The Breastplate" worn by only the High Priest, and how that when rightly understood it will shed a flood of light on every other false system that seeks to set up another "Speaking-Place." Kim brought out a most precious truth concerning the meaning of The Breastplate; it comes from the word "Choshen", or as we would say, chosen.  This signifies that the person who holds this office is not chosen of himself, but that he was chosen by someone else, and considering the exalted position of this office it would require someone who possed even greater authority. Moses in Exodus chpt.29, washes, annoints and  dresses Aaron and his sons, demonstrating clearly that his authority was higher than the office of the High Priest. Paul confirms this fact in Hebrews 5:4-5 "And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as was Aaron.  So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee."  So we see that this word "Choshen" establishes the fact that the Father is the one that appointed His Son, and as Paul goes on to say in Heb. 8:5 "the priest served unto the example and shadow of heavenly things" Question: If Christ is the "Choshen" of God, when was he chosen? and what qualified him to be chosen.  Let's take a hint from the scriptures that we've just read, the text say's that the earthly priesthood was a shadow of the heavenly; Question: What is a shadow? Webster say's, "A figure or an image cast on some surface by a body intercepting light", in other words there has to be substance in order to cast a shadow, so what is the substance that's casting the shadow? CHRIST!!! is the substance that's standing in the "Shekinah Glory" of the Father and the priesthood is the image being cast upon the earth. How do we know that? Because it happened every time Aaron went into the presence of God in the Most Holy Place, his physical substance or body cast an image back into the Holy Place. Now let me say something that you need to meditate upon, the Priesthood of Christ predates sin, it predates the existence of anything or anyone because it truly has nothing to do with sin. "all things were created by him, and for him:for He was before all things and by Him all things consist," Col. 1:16-17. The text 1Tim.2:4-5 lays this principal out in clear definitive fashion, "Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth", well, who is that TRUTH! Christ said "I AM THE TRUTH". What, is that TRUTH? Verse five say's "For there is ONE GOD, and ONE MEDIATOR between GOD and MAN, the man CHRIST Jesus." This is the truth that Satan hates; This is the very thing that Lucifer attacked in Heaven, he questioned God concerning Christ being the "only Speaking-Place" or the ONLY ONE through whom God would speak, thus he (Satan) refused to honor Christ as the "Breastplate", The "CHOSHEN", and he has deceived and led man into the same folly. Yeshua, "The Christ" goes right to the core of this by asking the question "Who do men say that I am?" because it's here, upon this point that the Great Controversy started in Heaven.     To be continued......

Be Blessed, Shalom!

2. lgolden1911 profile image61
    lgolden1911posted 6 years ago

Illuminating points, Willbeblessed.  There's a lotta great stuff on here.  If you haven't already, you should check out some of the stuff Judah's Daughter has written, namely Is Lucifer the Devil (  Keep doin ya thang.