jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (23 posts)

Religious Forum Posts - A Simple Request

1. profile image0
    L. Andrew Marrposted 7 years ago

Dear all,

I understand that there are some people out there who want to sing and dance about God, preaching his word.

I also understand that there are people out there who are athiests and who want to disprove God on all accounts.

That's freedom of speech, no one can take that away from you and it is with in your right to post such ideas.

However, there are so many forum posts out there which are just posted in order to cause a riot.

People are entitled to their own beliefs; however, I ask that you write hubs on it, not millions of forum posts instead. In forums people often rush their explanations for things and others get the wrong idea from that. If you post it in a hub then you can explain yourselves fully.

Another reason is that the forums, back when I first joined, were a place of jokes and light conversation and pictures of funny things. Now it is just full of hardcore debates about religion. I can name several hubbers who have stopped using forums because of this (FieryCJ, Blondepoet etc) and several have said they are close to leaving because of it. Please can we redeem the forums to their former glory?

I understand that it's coming up for Christmas and all but please, this is my appeal to spread love in the forums. Not to argue and bicker in them.

Thank you.

Luke.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

I felt that way last night when 90% of the latest forum posts were from the religion forum.

1. lrohner profile image86
      lrohnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Love your new avatar, UW!

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
        Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It's me as Modigliani would have painted me smile

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
      rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I came on late last night and I wondered if it was because it was halloween. that poster was definitely writing to incite and attack. I stayed out of it.

nice avatar!

3. Dolores Monet profile image90
    Dolores Monetposted 7 years ago

Yeah, what is with the obessive religious arguements? I wonder if there is a concerted effort to sort of swarm hubpages as a sort of evangelical pulpit. It's getting old really fast. By the way, I love your stylish new avatar, Uninvited.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks smile

4. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 7 years ago

I agree with you Luke. Hopefully some people will take your words to heart. The threads that were started last night UW were just ridiculous and is the extreme of what has been happening in the forums. I hope that doesn't happen again. hmm

1. EmpressFelicity profile image82
      EmpressFelicityposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I used to think that forums of this nature, where the topics are grouped into subjects (politics, religion, relationships etc.) were a bit restrictive.  Now I can see their value.  If I don't want to participate in a religious thread, I just ignore it.

5. The Rope profile image59
    The Ropeposted 7 years ago

I've already taken up the challenge.  I spent the evening a few nights ago, posting comments on several forums and then deleting them before publishing - realized my retorts were not really appropriate.  Finally decided to curb my frustration by writing a very simple hub.  I'm fairly new here but it's too bad that the thoughful responses have given way to such.  Interestingly enough, while the simple hub I wrote has received a lot of views, only one comment has come in.  Where are all those forum responders?

1. profile image0
      Scott.Lifeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If they can't get a rise out of you and provoke a response they're not interested.

6. aware profile image72
    awareposted 7 years ago

lead by example

7. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Some people love to fight. Just give it to them. And most of us sometimes don't mind a good fight either. smile

1. profile image0

Hello Misha how was Halloween? Are you feeling better?

2. Colebabie profile image60
      Colebabieposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Well I'm a lover not a fighter. Speaking of lover, the boy is on his way over. Everyone have a good night! wink

1. Misha profile image75
        Mishaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Have fun. smile

8. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

LOL Hi Scott, how are you?

Non-eventful, we even did not go to trick-o-treating cause kids wished to get there so hard they got exhausted long before it started. smile

And I am feeling better, thanks for asking. smile

1. profile image0

I'm good but I'm getting off the computer for the rest of the night I've been at it all day in the forums now I have a headache.

1. Misha profile image75

LOL Forums can do this for you. To get off the hook I recommend "Addicts helping addicts" thread wink

9. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago

My feeling is if you don't believe in religion why would you post on a question you felt was fantasy. If you choose to then post a reply then you're the one being the antagonist. If religion is not for you butt-out! By now you know how we feel and your challenges to our belief system falls on deaf ears and if you call us sheep, stupid or intollerant you're only asking for a fight. I, personally, am tired of athiests telling how a Christian should reply to an insult.

Now if you're going to acknowledge the holidays are relevant then opposing Christianity and it's tenants is just plain mean spirited hypocracy. Now a truce is fine but it's all in the court of liberals and atheists. Don't start a fight and there won't be a fight.

1. profile image0

yikes

10. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 7 years ago

I didn't know you weren't well Misha. But I am glad you are feeling better. Have a good night. Make sure you keep quiet under my skirt now. smile

1. Misha profile image75

I don;t think I told anybody about it, so I have no idea how Scott learnt this. He probably has some military methods. lol

And I gonna be quiet as a mouse if you let me just sit there. I can move a bit though, hope you don;t mind some extra stimulation wink

working