What is wrong with this statement?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (17 posts)
  1. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

It is said that religion causes arguments.
    This may be true. People looking for answers but finding confusion. When I get confused I become a little angry with myself. Most people when angry with their self project that anger outward.
        Where did all of the confusion come from?
        It is not politically correct to say this but everyone is not entitled to their own interpretation. That is a lie that started in religion. Don't want the cheerful givers to go someplace else.
         I want to hear a preacher in Church 'SHAKE' the congregation up. Tell um what they need to hear even if it aint goina make them happy. There is Not a thousand different interpretations of the truth.
        Unfortunately if he were to do that there would be no one left in the benches, This is to the discredit of the parishioners.  If we were better listeners the preachers could be better teachers. Happy parishioner's feed the plate better.
    This is not the Churches fault.

1. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We don't have paid clergy, we all teach and we all learn. The members come because they want to be there with all their friends and family. We support each other and humbly accept support. We keep it simple and we always have room for another friend.

Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That sounds like the right kind of Church. I have been to a few like that a long time ago. Ones I've been to in the more recent past have been make um happy kind of Churches.
          I'm Still looking ..

1. profile image0

Well were not perfect but we try to do our best everyday and love Heavenly Father and all our brothers and sisters.

2. Brian Leighton profile image58
      Brian Leightonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I do not think that Religion by itself causes arguments. Arguments are generally caused by the believers or leaders of various Religions in attempt to prove their faith is more powerful than others.

1. Stimp profile image60
        Stimpposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Brian...how cute is that kitten?  VERY CUTE kitten.  I have ADD, I guess the conversation lost my attention....oh look a kitten....LOL

1. Brian Leighton profile image58
          Brian Leightonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Stimp, yes that kitten is very cute and indeed grew to be a lovely cat that chases dogs *WEG*

Sorry to hear about your ADD problem, but hopefully it does not cause you too much distress in the Forums..

1. Stimp profile image60
            Stimpposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't "distress" a whole lot.  I keep my comments and hubs comedic and light....or I try to.

2. rhamson profile image70
    rhamsonposted 14 years ago

If you pay a preacher to preach to you, he will speak to what you you pay him too.  The preacher who speaks to God's heart is one who does it as a calling.  Where does that leave the clergy you may say?  Who pays them and what are they preaching?

1. profile image0

That was always a problem for me and I'm not fond of being told who to vote for or how to spend my time and money.

2. Jerami profile image59

We have to pay attention to who is teaching and what they are teaching

3. Jerami profile image59

My phone been ringing off the wall this am  guess I have to go to work.  Later

4. profile image0
    TMinutposted 14 years ago

I found a church like that in SC, it was amazing, incredible. I took nonbelievers with me who responded the same way - Oh! I didn't know, I didn't know church was like THAT! That's not...that's not...I didn't know!"

It always felt like God was in the building, sounds strange, right? God's supposed to be everywhere, he's not contained in a building but the difference I think is: the people there came together and ARE the body of Christ. And hurting, devastated people came in and knew it.

The pastor had no problem being politically incorrect, he was never a jerk but he said what IS. One thing I always liked too is that he would say, "When you see a need and you want to come to me or the church leadership to get it filled, DON'T! You see a need? FILL IT! You don't need my permission, what am I? I'm just the one to tell you to get your backsides off your comfortable pews and get busy! There's a world of people who need someone. Know who they need? YOU."

Sorry to ramble, I just loved that church, like nothing I ever knew of before. I say that a lot about God things, "OH! I didn't know it was like THAT!" I AM is so amazingly awesome, beyond, more, incomprehensible. No wonder Jesus came to show what that life is like - and now we're supposed to be just like him so others can still see though he's gone.

5. Jerami profile image59

TMinut  .. thanks for sharing that.  Gives me hope.  Wish I could find a church that wasn't politically correct.

People on here talk about God including some and excluding others. They say "that that aint right"!  I ask them...
       If you were planning something that you thought that a group event would be nice; like a fishing trip for instance. Would you exclude some of your neighbors that you thought might sink tha boat just cause they could;  for fun ? Of course you would exclude those neighbors who was going to spoil the fun for everyone else.
        Does God include some and exclude others. Yea if he knows that they are going to eat the fish bait, and pour water on tha camp fire.

YES  GOD JUDGES   may not seem fair to some,,, but,,, It is his Job and I'm glad hes  doin it.

6. aware profile image68
    awareposted 14 years ago

what was the statement? was it the whole post?the first  sentence or what?

It was the not politically correct part.

7. profile image0
    TMinutposted 14 years ago

QUOTE:
    Does God include some and exclude others. Yea if he knows that they are going to eat the fish bait, and pour water on tha camp fire.

lol lol lol
    That was GREAT!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)