2012 End of time or a new beginning?

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (65 posts)
  1. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

oops, did you read the forum rules first??

the grey box next to the reply box.
    <--------

please read before posting.

1. profile image58
      garnervilleposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The Bible states that no one but He knows when the world is going to end - not even Jesus Christ, Himself. As far as the world ending in 2012, that is all Hype. I feel that we are in the end times. Not because of some Mayan calendar, but because all of the Bible Prophesies are coming true faster than ever before.

1. starme77 profile image76
        starme77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

The Bible is just one book , every religion has their own book and stuff in their books is comming true too

2. profile image0
      Writer Riderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, I feel it's a new beginning.

2. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

End of time?  Maybe, depending upon your definition of TIME
      End of time does not necesarily mean the end of existence.

New beginning? I think definately.
      The old will have to decrease in order for the new to increase
      What that means? I do not know with any certainty.

1. profile image49
      vanessagrposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Aren't they the same?  One cannot happen without the other happening simultaneously.

3. AEvans profile image74
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Two words: New beginning the world I believe is definitely not coming to an end. smile

1. profile image54
      carmenr35posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree, the world is not coming to an end in 2012. In the bible in revelations jesus told his deciples that he will return. The deciples asked him when will the world end. jesus answered only his father knows when the world will end and jesus himself does not know.

4. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

Well, if the world comes to an end we, among the many human beings who have existed on this planet, will be the only people to find out how everything turns out.  Not much consolation but it's something.

Besides, it's a perfect chance for an end-of-the-world party.  In fact, I've already written a hub about it.

1. profile image0

Now that's what I'm talking about! If it is a guarantee that the world will end, I'll be jigging with a cocktail in one hand.

5. pay2cEM profile image81
    pay2cEMposted 14 years ago

"The Bible states that no one but He knows when the world is going to end - not even Jesus Christ, Himself. As far as the world ending in 2012, that is all Hype. I feel that we are in the end times. Not because of some Mayan calendar, but because all of the Bible Prophesies are coming true faster than ever before."

Yes, and the Bible also says that raped virgins should be put to death, so you'll forgive those of us who are reluctant to buy it's every statement.

You feel like we are in the End Times.  So has every single other generation for the last 2,000 years, each of whom pointed to the exact same events in their time that you're using to justify your End Time theories.

From the Mayan perspective, the reason the calendar "ends" on Dec 21, 2012 is because the buys new calendars from Halmark at the end of all their years, ages, and "Great Cycles," (a period of roughly 26,000 years).  They just started back at the beginning. Yes, 2012 will be the end of the Mayan calendar...at which point we just reset the same calendar back to the beginning, not start drinking the Kool-aid.

As for what Jesus himself and Paul had to say about the end, perhaps you'd like to wade into what C.S. Lewis deemed "the most embarrassing phrases in the Bible": that Jesus believed he was returning in the generation of people living at the time.  Paul was under the same impression, advising people that the Return was so nigh that it was best if people refrained from getting married any longer.  Numerous Biblical passages from several different authors warn of a Return and End within their lifetimes. Paul was wrong.  Jesus was wrong.  Everyone who's ever believed it SINCE then has been wrong.  And people will probably CONTINUE to be wrong a very long time until we finally make this a self-fulling set of prophecies, blowing ourselves to kingdom come because we can't agree on the correct interpretation of some hazy, abstract, biblical End Times mumbo-jumbo.

1. getitrite profile image72
      getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Also, Jehovah's Witness have predicted the end of time several times.  This is all just hype, and goes to show what a fool man is.

6. profile image0
    BroStefposted 14 years ago

The Bible is clear that the world will not come to an end in 2012. Here's how you can know for certain. You need to keep in mind that I believe in the "literal" translation of the Bible. I believe that what God says in the book He means.

The 2nd coming of Jesus Christ is still in our future, 2012 will not be the destruction of the world. 2012 could be a time of great distress on earth however, we'll have to wait and see on that.

You see once the Lord returns to earth for the 2nd time the Bible teaches that He will rule and reign on this earth for 1,000 years, this is called the Mellenial Regin of Christ, you can find this in Revelation 19 and 20. Actually Revelation 19 is the picture of the war to end all wars that ties into Zechariah 12-14 or the War of Armegeddon that will be fought in the valley of Megiddo, the Jezreel Valley in Israel.

This war will be so bad that 50% of the world entire population will be destroyed and the blood of the slain will run up to the horses bridles see Revelation 14:20. This is why it's so important to know and yeild ones heart, soul and spirit to Yeshua (Jesus Christ) today!

World, sleep well because we will still be here on this earth come 2012, this I can promise you because the Bible says so and the Bible, God's living Word is never wrong.

Go here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jezreel_Valley to read up on the Jezreel Valley.

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're really scary bro! lol lol

7. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

How many times has this been said since man became conscious!
    The earth has nothing to do with the dumb movie or a god. We have been in the path of many objects from space and will again. Stay cool, scientists are. smile

8. Jerami profile image59

Why do so many people say that they follow Jesus and yet pick and choose which verses that they believe. Which things that he said are true and which things are not.  They are all true.

Which INTERPRETATIONS are true?  NONE !! 
       What he actually said? YES!!  All of it!!

1. profile image0
      BroStefposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They should believe it all. Everything He said was said for a reason.

1. Jerami profile image59
        Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Where sould we draw the line between what he said and our Interpretations of what he said?

2. earnestshub profile image81

Most of the bible is psychotic threats in one way or another. There are literally thousands of them, some thinly veiled, most are overt, all are psychotic!

1. starme77 profile image76
          starme77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Very nice way to put it, summs things right up , Perfect! smile

3. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The question is do you know the reason? I'm not even sure you can answer that. smile But, you can try. smile

Just happened to check in to see what's happening.
          I supposed you asking me? I was referring to those scripture that Jesus was prophesying. It should be clear as to when Jesus was clearly making a statement of fact, and when that fact was expressed in parable form. The parables were not difficult to understand as stated. BUT this seems to be the best excuse available to "INTERPRET"  those things that do not fit into an existing belief system.  Rather than to alter their belief it is more convenient to alter the words of Christ. 
              It is my opinion that A professing Christian should believe everything that Jesus said exactly as he said them.
              I can not stress enough the words of 2ND Peter 1:20  that we are not to interpret prophesy in scripture.
              But people do.  This is the cause of our confusion.

2. Daniel Carter profile image63
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well there's a problem with that for some of us. Jesus never wrote a syllable that is recorded in the Bible, and therefore, what he is quoted as saying could have been "interpreted", thus introducing contextual errors.

I'm just sayin'.

You are exactly correct and I think about that often when referencing "what he said".  I'm just saying that if anything at all is to be believed in scripture ; we should believe those things that God, Jesus, and Gabriel are quoted as saying. If we can not believe these things to be true? then what are we supposed to believe? These quotes is what I have as the foundation of my belief system.
        The rest is color of clothing and makeup sort a speak..

9. Highvoltagewriter profile image67
    Highvoltagewriterposted 14 years ago

It never fails to amaze me all the hype this 2012 December 21 end of the world foolishness is believed by so many people! Enough all ready! Even modern Mayan do not believe it will be the end! I am not sure how this got started...but it was not by the Mayan!

1. Lisa HW profile image62
      Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Every time I hear "end-of-the-world" talk I just think, "blah blah blah:  lol.  The world is full of people who don't have enough drama in their lives that they need to stir some up.

10. Jerami profile image59

If people would stop elevating themselves as God, then they might stop rewriting the word of God in order to make it sound like it says what they want it to say.
      Then and only then will anyone understand what it says.

I just quote the book. smile

earnest.. I wasn't puttin you down, you say you don't believe it.  I want the believers to believe what it says instead of what they want it to say.

Cool. smile

Christians are supposed to be attempting to follow Christ and believe the things that he said over and above anything that anyone else says. Doesn't seem like anyone does.

1. marinealways24 profile image61
              marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe he should have accepted all instead of being a separatist.

It's kinda like that wagon ride I talked about earlier.  Everyone can come along.. but not if you are going to be raising hell on the wagon. No biting or scratching and caint be pushin anybody else off of the wagon.

1. profile image0

I agree. I wish some people wouldn't bring problems to me. I hate to have to stand up for myself but I refuse to be a doormat.

2. marinealways24 profile image61
                  marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol You are the one that pushes them off the wagon, except it's not grass they fall in, it's a hellish lake of fire.

2. Jerami profile image59

Earnest..?  You have knowledge of what scripture actually says.   Forget about the psychotic God dribble.  Do you think that Christians are reading the bible or are they sounding in their heads the interpretations of end time prophesy as their eyes run past the words that they think that they are reading.

I do believe that to understand these end time prophesy in an uninterpretated perseption ...  scripture becomes very understandable from beginning to end. I think that it might even make better sence to you.  what cha think?

As much as I like to be agreeable, the god thing is not my thing. smile I will forget the psychotic god thing when religionists stop spouting about how their mad god loves us. There is no sky fairy Jerami, men made it up mostly out of stories and bits of stories told by others. The motivation in the OT is obvious to me. smile

11. Jerami profile image59

You never saw me bittin, scratchin or pushin.

12. mistywild profile image60
    mistywildposted 14 years ago

who knows.

I don't think anybody saw me doin that.

13. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

End of the world stuff generates piles of cash. Period.

Apocalypses are good for business. Very good indeed. After our demise in 2012, we have another one right on it's tail.

You'd think the Four Horsemen would get it right *sighs*.

14. PabstPenrose profile image61
    PabstPenroseposted 14 years ago

Haven't you guys seen the movie?

With graphics like that, I'll belive the hype. Hahah

15. K Partin profile image61
    K Partinposted 14 years ago

Neither, just another year.... smile

1. prettydarkhorse profile image56
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

every year is a new beginning, it always brings fresh hope and start

1. K Partin profile image61
        K Partinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ok, if you say so smile

1. prettydarkhorse profile image56
          prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yes K i said so

1. K Partin profile image61
            K Partinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile Ok, you're the boss.....

16. Rod Marsden profile image67
    Rod Marsdenposted 14 years ago

People have been predicting the end of the world since Christianity first started. No one has got it right yet. The world was supposed to end in 1972 and here we are in 2009 going into 2010.

Will the world end in 2012? I can't see it happening!

Hey! someone who predicts the end of the world using Biblical material, etc will get it right someday. Nothing lasts forever...

17. profile image0
    Millionheirposted 14 years ago

2012 is going to be a new beginning for me. I just don't believe one can live their live in fear, it's just not practical

18. double_frick profile image60
    double_frickposted 14 years ago

i recently heard a theory, i guess it could be called that. well anyway, i read that this end times will yield whatever results one expects. so if you believe absolutely nothing will happen and life will continue as usual. this is what you will experience.  however, i believe that earth, or at least our perception of it, will diverge or break into at least 2 distinct and separate realities.
    i've heard the comparison of earth as a group of marbles on a sheet (we are all the individual marbles) and there are so many different levels of soul advancement throughout the worlds souls so around 2012 its like a bump will be hit, a bump that will knock us marbles up and when we come back down we will find that place that most naturally matches our own vibration.
    i don't know that 12-21-2012 will be the exact date. i've actually read a lot and lean a bit more toward october of 2011, that will herald the real beginning of the changes we and earth will be experiencing. 2012 the culmination.
    i can't wait for 2013, no matter if something drastically affects our material reality or not many people will be deeply changed after this predicted end date. and with so much change inside of men due to this prediction, well, you know how they say: as above so below, as below so above.
    its a fractal MULTIverse and i'm glad i and so many others are finding this easy to understand these days. smile

19. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Over the years including the hippie times I have heard hundreds of stories with dozens of dates for when the world will end.
    The next dates depended on how utterly ridiculous they made themselves look the previous 10 times as they waited for god or some spacecraft to pick them up. I think it is very amusing! lol

20. profile image0
    ShadowKing!posted 13 years ago

Again people don't use logic & common sense, neither do they research what they allegedly claim to believe in. The Bible doesn't mention "the world coming to an end" or it "coming to an end in 2012". First, The Bible conveys that "man's rule over man will come to an end". Second, the "New Earth" spoken about in Isaiah, 2 Peter, & Revelation will come about by regeneration of the Holy Spirit: 1st by fire consuming everything; 2nd by water replenishing everything. For 2 Peter 3:10 syas: "the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the [surface of] earth and the works that are in it will be burned up..." Understand this "fire" & "water" are both literal & figurative representations of God's active power.

Also, this December 12 (some says 22nd), 2012 crap comes from the Mayans astrological beliefs that the world is on a cycle. Their calender cycle ENDS IN DECEMBER 2012! In elementary words:that's basically ALL they meant. But humanity's fixation on "doom and gloom" and "prophetic date setting" has confused the situation.

When it all boils down, religious date setting by people is NOT their genuine attempt to warn others of impending danger, but rather the desire to be "the first TO GET IT RIGHT". Why? Well, because fortune & fame WILL DEFINITELY follow anyone who accurately sets a date that was fulfilled. The Bible tells us that "the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil".

1. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, but I see your post as only a decision you have made to embrace one set of beliefs over another, without any logic or common sense. smile

21. Kangaroo_Jase profile image74
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

So, very important question here.....

Who is bringing the beer to this 2012 Shebang ????

22. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

ShadowKing! said   Again people don't use logic & common sense, neither do they research what they allegedly claim to believe in. The Bible doesn't mention "the world coming to an end" or it "coming to an end in 2012".

Jerami     It does say that the birds are going to eat the flesh of "ALL"  men.  And every mountain and island will be moved out of their place.
    ============================================================
    ShadowKing! said      When it all boils down, religious date setting by people is NOT their genuine attempt to warn others of impending danger, but rather the desire to be "the first TO GET IT RIGHT". Why? Well, because fortune & fame WILL DEFINITELY follow anyone who accurately sets a date that was fulfilled. The Bible tells us that "the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil".
    ==========
    jerami says      That can not be true cause no one will believe their prediction to be true until after the fact so they will not get rich.

There is enough information in scripture for us to determine Many things.  The timelines mentioned in scripture are given for a purpose. If not to figure out when these things are to come to fulfillment then "WHY" was that information given?

I have come to the conclusion that the 42 months of the Beast (Rev. 13) is about to come to completion.

1. Dave Barnett profile image57
      Dave Barnettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Most people don't know thw definitions of ceratain words connected to the end times. Secondly, they aren't following the texts that they read to their conclusion. "A new heaven and a new earth will be formed" Frankly, there isn't enough time for this to all happen before 2012, further, the Mayan calendar is circular and once the final Baktun has ended the cycle begins again. Nostradamus saw to the year 3000, supposedly. It's all hype and misdirection. 2012 is BS

Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I believe that the Mayan calendar is simply that.
        Like ours has an ending date of Dec. 31 every year. And the earth cycle repeats self.

Their calendar is similar except it indicates the end of an 26000  year cycle that repeats itself. We had an ice age in the middle of the last cycle; I wonder if the earth can expect another one?

My calculations have nothing to do with anything but biblical prophesy.  There are many indicators as to what these are referencing when we take the time to analyze what they are saying.
          Instead everyone wants to make an easy interpretation and make up just any old answer and save themselves the trouble of studying and analyzing what is actually written.

23. Jenna~sea profile image59
    Jenna~seaposted 13 years ago

maybe good old JC himself?I heard that solar storms are the only thing that will happen. what's your take? anybody care to share???????

24. Jerami profile image59

Solar storms ? ...  quite possible, maybe more than likely?
    This would probably also an cause ALL satellite communication breakdown.   
    Would that be bad?

There is more oil gushing out of a hole in the floor of the gulf of Mexico than is pumped out of "I don't know" maybe a hundred or two oil wells produce.  After a couple of hurricanes coming into the Gulf; that oil is going to be spread through out the Atlantic.
      How many drops of poison does it take to kill all the fish in a fish tank?

All the ash and sulfur from a volcano eruption that settled upon European farm land a while back, do ya think this years crops are going to be affected?

These things are not going to help the economy recover.

O  YEA;  lets not forget the polar ice caps melting which could cause ocean currents to be greatly affected.
       The list goes on and on.

There are many trains approaching the same intersection at the same time.
       The Mayans point to 2012.  Coinsidence?  It doesn't matter, the trains are still on the same shedule.

Bible prophesy points to a slightly  broader range in time, with 2012 being at about the center of that same range.

Do I believe Bible prophesy?   You betsha.  I’m not very optimistic about our civilization lately,

We really do need to quit “Interpreting” bible  prophesy to mean other than what it says. And it would be more clear.

25. profile image0

In response to Jerami's comment:

What is your point in quoting this verse? "It does say that the birds are going to eat the flesh of "ALL"  men.  And every mountain and island will be moved out of their place." It has nothing to do with "the world ENDING".

Perhaps we all need to define in our own words what "the end of the world" means. For 1) Find me a verse in the Bible that says "the world will cease to exist" and I'll shut my mouth. 2) The Bible is clear about man's EVIL reign OVER man WILL come to an END. Can anyone discredit that according to the Bible? I doubt it.

Also, you're delusional if you don't think false ministers "setting dates" in their books & videos don't make MONEY before the set date can come to pass. In addition, even before a false prophet's erred prophetic date can come to pass, SOME people DO BELIEVE them. Now understand cause & effect. If someone DOES set a prophetic date for, let's say--a earthquake to kick half of California into sea, and it HAPPENS ON that DATE, then, COMMON SENSE says that others alive WILL believe this person's words and likely BUY his books, pamphlets, & videos while coming to his PAID seminars, while giving his church TITHES & DONATIONS.
    That would be a logical scenario if a person was the FIRST TO GET IT RIGHT.

Like Dave Barnett said "2012 is B(ull)S(hit)".

The earth will not cease to exist. Man's dominion over man will cease to exist. However, the earth's surface & atmosphere will be cleansed by divine fire and then will be refurbished by supernatural means.

Please stick to logical interpretations based on proven or provable realities.

And to you Beelzedad, you're either daft or in denial because I made a logical summation: "...December 12 (some says 22nd), 2012 crap comes from the Mayans astrological beliefs that the world is on a cycle. Their calender cycle ENDS IN DECEMBER 2012!"  Logic is based is factual reason. Do your homework on the Mayans and you'll see I have spoken logically...and that's a fact.

I am not disputing most all of your comment.
               Except for the motives part for "getting it right"
         I was talking about "Getting It" right concerning the end of the world as we know it.  By the time someone gets that one right it will be too late for him to make any money.

This event that the Mayans speak of, in my opinion ( from the solar systems' prospective),   is kinda like our spring equinox ; A brand new season. You can just see life change around you.
      At least ya can down here is south east Texas.

26. profile image0

I agree with your perspective on the spring equinox example--that's logical reasoning. But you misunderstood my original dissent: 1) the Biblical evidence refuting the end of the world & 2) WHY people SET PROPHETIC DATES. These two (2) arguments where distinct in my one (1) dissent.

Again understand what was said:
    "When it all boils down, religious date setting by people is NOT their genuine attempt to warn others of impending danger, but rather the desire to be "the first TO GET IT RIGHT". Why? Well, because fortune & fame WILL DEFINITELY follow anyone who accurately sets a date that was fulfilled."

That is one essential of the bottom line.
    You said in response to me, "I was talking about "Getting It" right concerning the end of the world as we know it." And my original argument was (and still is) that deceived people set dates on "disasters" for their "desire to be the first [person]" to be seen "as genuine & authentic".

My first rebuttal debunked the end of the world idea; logically my second rebuttal would NOT tag the "end of the world" to my debunking of why some people set prophecy dates for disasters. It seems there was just a misunderstanding of what I said. As you can see, my position remains EXACTLY THE SAME. Two arguments distinct in representation but conveyed in one protest.

27. Jerami profile image59

And I still agree with you  "in part" 
    I can run down the list and tell you when where every one of the prophesy occured. But you are not going to beleive me unless you already had a predespension to do so.

That is what it is all about.
      Our predespension establishes our destiny.
      Unless our faith is in something greater than our self, we gotta do it by ourself. We cain't cross that bridge by ourself with out some help.

He/it is not going to help us to do that unless we give it to him.
       I don't meah 99.9% of it 
       I can give you my hankerchif but if I hold onto "just" an itty bitty corner of it; You can not take it any where. Cain't do anything with it.  It's kinda like that.

But NO! Just cause somebody does figure it out don't mean he/she wants to get rich.     If Ya really figure it out????  You are goina know that ya caint take those riches with ya!
    They got no value, "IF" ya really figure it out!!

28. profile image0

If you're referring to already fulfilled prophesies, I'll believe your list as long as they square with the key players in scriptures, supported by related verses, occurred in a year credited by reputable scholars to be valid, and equate to logic. As far as future prophecies that depends on your interpretations of past prophesies.

You are absolutely correct.
         Future prophesy????   That is easy..  There are only One trumpet judgment(7th) , one vial judgment(7th); the two prophets being killed and the final battle according to scripture.

History is easy to read.  Any body can do that.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)