jump to last post 1-50 of 83 discussions (378 posts)

I spoke to God today and he told me that religion forums are evil

1. Bovine Currency profile image60
    Bovine Currencyposted 7 years ago

Should I visit a doctor or my chaplain?

1. 0
      Rick Marlowposted 7 years ago in reply to this

There have been 587 gods accounted for on the forums. Which one did you talk to? Some of them will contact the dr.and chaplain for you.

Bovine Currencyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I didn't catch his name but it was god. he didn't mention a denomination.

2. Jonathan Janco profile image80
        Jonathan Jancoposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You counted?!

2. mistywild profile image60
      mistywildposted 7 years ago in reply to this

hahahahahahhahahaha lol lol lol

3. drej2522 profile image87
      drej2522posted 7 years ago in reply to this

hahaha..awesome thread!

4. TimTurner profile image79
      TimTurnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Isn't that funny?  When people talk or see God, we lock them up and call them insane.

Weird how religions works.

It is funny, it a sick way but funny nonetheless.  What else to do?  Nothing ever changes.

5. 0
      lyricsingrayposted 7 years ago in reply to this

lol lol lol lol lol

6. AdsenseStrategies profile image72
      AdsenseStrategiesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Judging by your profile picture, you need a vet :-)

7. Rod Marsden profile image86
      Rod Marsdenposted 7 years ago in reply to this

When you are right you are God I suppose...or is THAT a dangerous thought?!

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image72

Yes, dangerous thought, and Bovine, I told you before, vet! smile

2. mohitmisra profile image60
        mohitmisraposted 7 years ago in reply to this

When I know something is right,
        Then with prayer and faith I must fight,
        God is behind me with all his might. smile

Your thought is correct and not dangerous. smile

8. Bibowen profile image89
      Bibowenposted 7 years ago in reply to this

When you heard from Him, did he also complain about the notorious dangling modifier, not to mention the lack of parallelism and subject-predicate agreement? I would think it would get, at least, a passing mention...

2. 61
    joshua7posted 7 years ago

I'm not sure of the god who spoke to you but it could have been the same one mentioned in 2 Corinthians 4:4.. 3.  But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
    4.  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

1. earnestshub profile image88
      earnestshubposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Here is some more of the loving gospel!

You must kill those who worship another god.  Exodus 22:20

Kill any friends or family that worship a god that is different than your own.  Deuteronomy 13:6-10

Kill all the inhabitants of any city where you find people that worship differently than you.  Deuteronomy 13:12-16

Kill everyone who has religious views that are different than your own.  Deuteronomy 17:2-7

Kill anyone who refuses to listen to a priest. Deuteronomy 17:12-13

Kill any false prophets. Deuteronomy 18:20

Any city that doesn’t receive the followers of Jesus will be destroyed in a manner even more savage than that of Sodom and Gomorrah.  Mark 6:11

Jude reminds us that God destroys those who don’t believe in him.  Jude 5.

Maybe this little god was the one! lol

1. pylos26 profile image77
        pylos26posted 7 years ago in reply to this

WOW...Earnest do you think loving christians have read and devoured all that?

Short answer? Hell no!!

2. cheaptrick profile image65
        cheaptrickposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hello my freind,you are talking about the Mean God of Christians but there is a Nice God that talks to me all the time,just last night She spoke to me,She said"Tomorrow,linguine and clam sauce",you should try praying to Her cause she has some great recipes and shes pretty Hot to(sometimes she appears to me in the shower)...

Ah yes! It it the goddess Rumpole of the Old Bailey spoke of?

1. cheaptrick profile image65

Remember this my friend.When in the shower always do what the Bible says"Do not let your left hand know what your Right hand is doing",You shouldn't let your wife know either..

who is the God of this world?
      Are you Gnostic?

3. glendoncaba profile image82
    glendoncabaposted 7 years ago

With very few exceptions the religion forum accomplishes more evil than good.  And like sex is best enjoyed twice a week with someone you care for and would rather be silent than insult.

4. 2patricias profile image61
    2patriciasposted 7 years ago

At last - a 'religion' post with a glimpse of humour!

5. aka-dj profile image80
    aka-djposted 7 years ago

Just call it the "Atheists and Unbelievers Forum", and you will hit the nail on the head.

6. Bovine Currency profile image60

"... I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved." -- Genesis 32:30

"No man hath seen God at any time..."-- John 1:18

7. Bovine Currency profile image60

"... with God all things are possible." -- Matthew 19:26

"...The LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron." -- Judges 1:19

8. Bovine Currency profile image60

"The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father..." -- Ezekiel 18:20

"I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation..." -- Exodus 20:5

1. tantrum profile image59
      tantrumposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Maybe Ezequiel was an heretic.
      If not, something is very wrong there.

1. Rayalternately profile image61
        Rayalternatelyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

He'd be great in Scrabble, were he not a Proper Noun! tongue

9. Bovine Currency profile image60

.he that goeth down to the grave shall come up no more. " -- Job 7:9

"...the hour is coming, in which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, and shall come forth...." -- John 5:28-29

10. 0
    poetlorraineposted 7 years ago

so disrespectful i suppose all you people will be celebrating christmas will you...... how can you when this person never existed,,,,

Xmas is a great time to give little ones presents! smile

1. 0
        Miss Takeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

yeah but christ birth,,,, is the meaning but you don't accept him, so it is only the children getting presents, they must be confused as hell

Not a bit! They have not had this nonsense forced on them.

2. Jewels profile image81
          Jewelsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No it's not really.  Christmas has been hijacked by the Christians.  It's an ancient pagan celebration coinciding with the summer solstice.  The solstice represents the closeness of the Sun to the earth, and the Sun is the symbol of the Solar Logos which is equal to the Christians' Christ Consciousness.  Consequently anyone can enjoy this pagan day of celebrating the Solar Logos - or the Sun God, or that which represents Christ Consciousness.  Also understand that because of the precession of the equinoxes there is a change in the days as the solstice day has changed.  But to keep all things to some form of equalibrium and to keep the shop keepers happy, the 25th is retained. smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
            Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Frankly - I wonder if any of these so-called "christians" understand anything at all about their own religion.

sad

1. Jewels profile image81

Doubt it. sad

OK,let me lay it out for you Mark.First there was God,but he got lonely so he made Adam,then Adam got lonely so God(for some strange reason)ripped out one of Adams ribs and made Eve(Adams ribs must have been in his butt cause thats where Eve seems to have been a pain),Eve wasn't cool with what God gave them so she ate some nasty fruit and then(like the naughty girl that she was)gave some to Adam.At that point Adam realized he was naked....

I haven't gotten past that point yet cause I keep wondering what Adam must have said when he realized Eve was naked Too.IMO it was something like this:Stand Back Eve cause I don't know How big this Thing is gonna get(Think about it).

Everyone stand away cause I should be"riding the Lightening" at any moment.

3. 0
              poetlorraineposted 7 years ago in reply to this

what an absolutely horrible thing to say,.,,,, you are just so arrogant, and i am hoping you get banned for life of here,  of course we know Christmas is pagan, but christs name is attatched to it.....

This is not a horrid thing to say, it's actually the truth.  Sorry you see it as a falsehood Lorraine, but it is just not the case.

4. glendoncaba profile image82
              glendoncabaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

The syncretised Church of Constantine is not the only form of Christianity.  There are Christians who:

Do understand the occult secrets behind the ancient calendars and numerology, so we say ...NO TO TRADITIONS, YES TO SOLA SCRIPTURA.

There are Christians who:

Don't pray to dead saints
              Don't pray to queen of heaven
              Don't observe Sunday

There are Christians who understand the New Age/pagan pride when pagans see Christians defending pagan customs by twisting bible verses to justify pagan traditions. 

There are Christians who understand the agenda of the antichrist and that is why we say ...SOLA SCRIPTURA.

1. 0
                Deborah Sextonposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I believe in Christ but I am not a part of the Christian religion.
                I feel they believe the scriptures they want and ignore those they don't and they think they are the only ones of God. Also there is the interpretation problem they have.

However could you explain the Christian/Pagan thing you said?? Who defends who and who does the justifying of Pagan tradition?
                Do you think the Pagans use the Bible to justify their beliefs?
                Or even want to justify them?

1. glendoncaba profile image82

If you were following the thread my comments were responding to a statement which suggested that Christians might lack knowledge of the origins of pagan elements in the Christian religion.

I (alas) took the bait and pointed out that not all Christians have disobeyed the Bible and conformed to the inserted traditions.  Which traditions our New Age and occult friends are delighted to use to minimise the purity of the faith.

I propose that all Christians should use such glaring clues as opportunities to examine the extra-biblical elements of Christendom especially post-Constantine.  In other words, there is much truth to the the accusations by atheists and New Agers that Christianity has been influenced by ancient mystery religions. Even incorporated the pagan calendar into Christmas and Easter.  Yea, this is true.  But not altogether evil, because it gives Christianity an opportunity to tell the world about the story of Jesus.  Like making the best of a less than desirable situation.

It is the work of God's end time people to call out a pure church which rejects false teachings and relies on the Word of God.  This calls for a work of reform and revival.

You speak in forked tongue, I'm not really sure what you are trying to convey.

The purity of spirituality was bastardized by the modern interpretations of the bible.  The church is the least pure it has ever been so I'm not sure if the post modern teachings are doing any good at all. Quite the contrary.  So is modern teachings and modern believers what you refer to as 'end time' people?

The most substantial influence of pre-bible teachings was a cleaner and experiential understanding of spiritual worlds and that included the Solar Logos and the knowing of an impersonal state of consciousness that one aspired to reach.  The personalization of God and the teachings of being saved by a third person has distanced people from the real mystery schools. Teachings passing the ability to reach high states of consciousness (on the way to Christ Consciousness), are not passed by any Christian on these religious forums.  The Romans entwined with political agendas of the church ensured that the masses were divorced from the pagan teachings, primarily because they had great merit and empowered the individual.  Of course disempowerment and control was the aim of the Roman Empire.   And whilst I can hear the retort that savagery reigned in Pagan times, look around and you will see we are only using different weapons, the separation remains.

The anti-christ will sit beautifully on the spire of the Vatican and sweep all to it's bossom, thanking the impulse of the Roman Empire's forceful manipulation as it's best chess move ever.  The modern versions of the 'Word of God' as passed to the world will ensure the dark side wins, it's already winning and the religious forum is great testament to that.  Ahriman is smiling at his lovely Christians who have no idea they are honoring a false god also.  Absolutely no body gets to the sanctity of a place of heaven or nirvana except through their own purified selves.  The Luciferic agenda is to ensure you believe it is through some external being (Jesus) that this will happen.  Jesus did it himself, what makes you think you get off that easy?  Ignorance creates fools.  From the mouth of the enlightened one: Forgive them, they know not what they do!

I agree with you, the date has been shifted over a period of time. smile The astrologer speaks smile

2. pylos26 profile image77

Hell...I just tag-along for the chicks.

11. GeneralHowitzer profile image62
    GeneralHowitzerposted 7 years ago

Hehehe... smile

1. 0
      poetlorraineposted 7 years ago in reply to this

is that funny

12. GeneralHowitzer profile image62
    GeneralHowitzerposted 7 years ago

I'm a theist... you got me wrong, the thread makes me laugh... it is senseless...

Truth hurts?  This thread makes perfect sense.  The athiests love it.  Does that bother some people?  I wouldn't say that their bother bothers me... Humour is a great cover big_smile  I thought a little humour might'nt go astray seeing how non-believers have been crucified so frequently by the benevolent children of god (apparently we are created in his image?)

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image62
        GeneralHowitzerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Sorry to disappoint you but I am not a Catholic...

Could you please explain that in English?  When did I say anything about you being Catholic and I am almost certain I have established that my feeling of self worth is not based on your opinions.  You really think I could be disappointed?  You don't even make sense, I don't expect you to so with no expectations I can hardly be disappointed can I?

13. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

I spoke to God today and he told me that religion forums are evil.

Hey, you spoke to God today too?

So, did I.

Want to know what he said? He told me that I was living my life without and he was proud of my efforts to spread knowledge to those who don't know any better.

He also isn't too happy about 'religion' in today's society, because it's been abused by those who usurp power for themselves, at the hands of those who don't understand their own beliefs of him.

He told me that I had to come to the forum today and make it known that he is NOT happy with his supposed followers because they were not listening.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

1. pylos26 profile image77

spot on dude!

14. 0
    Joel233posted 7 years ago

All of the people here mocking God are those who prayed without faith and didn't receive. Now they say God does not exist.
    Sad puny souls, lost from the path. God lies within. It is their own mind. If their minds are mean God's they are punished with emptiness. Those who believe in the mind God have happiness.
    For the guy here that is on every forum denouncing God it is because he is puny and his mind is tiny.

1. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

lol lol lol

15. Jerami profile image79
    Jeramiposted 7 years ago

Bovine Currency wrote:
    "The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father..." -- Ezekiel 18:20

"I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation..." -- Exodus 20:5

Jerami said   
    I think that this is a translation glitch.
    To over simplify I think that Ezekiel 20:5 was talking about something like if the mother or father were crack heads or taking LSD that kinda thing, those iniquities would be visited upon the children for three or four generations. If the father were abusing the children this would start a cycle of abuse. 

And 18:20 was referring to if the father was a thief cheat  etc, and the son was righteous, the sins of the father would not be visited upon the son.
      I could be wrong but that is the way I understood it when I read it.

I took it on face value Jerami.  Heaven forbid we interpret the bible.  Think of the bloodshed...

16. 0
    Denno66posted 7 years ago

God speaks to you, too? big_smile

lol

1. 0
        Denno66posted 7 years ago in reply to this

can't help it.

17. Jerami profile image79
    Jeramiposted 7 years ago

Debra said...
      I believe in Christ but I am not a part of the Christian religion.
    I feel they believe the scriptures they want and ignore those they don't and they think they are the only ones of God. Also there is the interpretation problem they have.

Jerami...   I agree...  I would like to hear preachers of all diffrent denominations discuss this problem of interpretation differences with out coming to the ..TOO SIMPLE .. of an answer such as  "All of yaul are wrong and I am right".
      I would like to hear the answer that the "EXPERTS" come up with if they could all agree upon what scripture actually says without relying upon interpretation. 
       To come up with the commonalities and swear by that only.

18. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 7 years ago

Speaking of the coming Solstice, I propose we all raise a glass in the honour of Mithras, who was born of a virgin in a cave on that very day.

Sounds familiar?

Mythology tends to repeat itself in diverse communities.

1. 0

Mythology was used as a simple way to make the people understand God and the human relationship to God and the lessons connected to them.  That's why it repeats itself. In the Bible the shorter versions were called parables.

You might want to look up mythology in the dictionary.
      When people speak, their intelligence shows. (The word is a two edged sword)

1. XTASIS profile image60
        XTASISposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes, that's true. When people speak their intelligence show.

Parables are not myths
        Parables are examples of what is morally correct.
        Myths are fairy tales.
        Stories about somebody  or something that is fictitious or nonexistent

1. 0

Parables teach lessons.
          So do Myths
          Both can be fictitious
          mythology
          noun
          1 a collection of myths, esp. one belonging to a particular religious or cultural tradition : Ganesa was the god of wisdom and success in Hindu mythology | a book discussing Jewish and Christian mythologies.
          • a set of stories or beliefs about a particular person, institution, or situation, esp. when exaggerated or fictitious : in popular mythology, truckers are kings of the road.

A toast to the solstice - definitely.  I'm doing a long term meditation soon which includes that day.

2. Make  Money profile image70
      Make Moneyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Mithras was not born of a virgin.  The myth goes that Mithras was hatched from an egg of rock. big_smile

Mithraic Mysteries
      "The mysteries of Mithras were not practiced until the 1st century AD."

Not practiced until the 1st century AD eh.  Hmm, it seems like you have been lied to WriteAngled. 

Here's a photo of an ancient statue of Mithras being hatched from an egg of rock.

http://www.aboutbibleprophecy.com/images/ajmithras.jpg

The zeitgeist video and the Seventh Day Adventist church have been spreading a lot of fables about the early church over the last couple of years.  But all these fables have been debunked by historical scholars - see zeitgeist video debunked or Take the Zeitgeist Challenge.  Some people even believe that the zeitgeist video was published by the Seventh Day Adventist church with hopes of gaining converts.  Fat chance seeing they are trashing Christianity in general.  Maybe they didn't published it but they are spreading the same fables.

19. 0
    lyricsingrayposted 7 years ago

lol

20. 0
    lyricsingrayposted 7 years ago

lol

21. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

Christians trashing christians. Wonderful! Just like in the bible! lol

1. 0

You are on every forum yet you didn't allow my posts on your hub.
      Must be you had no argument to stand against my words

No, I have allowed other negative comments on all my hubs, I only block the boring or inane ones. smile

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image72

It's called Socratic reasoning ;-)

Some such reasoning is obvious in the comments on my hubs, but 4 frantic posts from one recipient who would have voted me down for sure I do not need. My stats are good. smile

2. XTASIS profile image60

lol

3. 0

Deleted

Only in your imagination. Nothing new or of interest, same old drone. smile

1. 0

Deleted

Deborah, I found your staccato of replies to be silly and emotive, not new to me, (I have been in these forums quite a while) I disagree with your remarks to the contrary. smile

22. Eaglekiwi profile image76
    Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago

..I did not say that ... lol

So what did you say ? lol

23. Eaglekiwi profile image76

What I said was....Religion is created by man , and nothing to do with my department wink

Yes ,and that's why is such a mess.

and your department ? big_smile

24. Eaglekiwi profile image76

Memo from God

I have shown you how to walk humbly
    To show justice and mercy  and what things are good...

Walk in it...smile

good for you, if that's what you consider right.

I'd rather don't receive a memo from any God !   smile

2. earnestshub profile image88
      1. Eaglekiwi profile image76
        Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hey Earnest smile
        Thinkin too that even though judges can be corrupt , justice is still good ,if its truly just wink

True. smile Hope you are having a lovely day, I am! smile

25. goldenpath profile image80
    goldenpathposted 7 years ago

Not necessarily evil, however, the uselessness of many of the forums is a red flag or sign that we should be off our dairy air more often and out there helping and serving people.  I include myself even though I spend twelve hours of my Sunday in my clergy duties in the service of my God and fellow man.  There are still many people out there suffering and it is our obligation to go and do.

Amen!

Thank you for the reminder of what is really important.

2. Eaglekiwi profile image76

We have invented many things that make us slaves -cars ,mortgages, hobbies, technology, etc

How do you serve your fellow man ,may I ask?
      I am not in the clergy ,but I washed my neighbours walls for 4 hrs and soothed her sick child...then came home and  played poker online and had a ball lol..before doing  my own work.

I strongly beleive its what we think and do with those thoughts ,that matter to God than labels or accolades..or even public ceremonies -just my opinion smile

1. Presigo profile image61
        Presigoposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Eagle, you couldnt be more correct. I agree that our thoughts and intentions are truly what is important, and only our creator can judge that. Let us be of good heart and intent and let our spirit shine before us

Hey thanks, my lights been a little dim lately dealing with stupid govt departments and willfully ignorant companies who are quick to demand payment  and too slow to fulfil their responsibilties.

SometimeI just wanna take that lil light of mine and shove it somewhere else  lol

26. goldenpath profile image80
    goldenpathposted 7 years ago

If any of us do consistently serve others I commend you.  I would at the same time encourage you to continue further.  Serve more in various ways.  Only through losing yourself in the true service of others will you ultimately find yourself because you will have developed a unique faith and relationship with your Father in Heaven.  In time as you serve you will find that your needs have been met.

Last evening I received a call from an individual not of my faith and asked me to come and administer a blessing to him.  This was a great service opportunity.  To help mend the broken heart.  Three years ago at the break of dawn I received a call from a mother of six who's home just burned down.  She begged me to come and administer to her unconscious son in the hospital.  Another great opportunity.  Helping a child with homework is another.  The list goes on.  It's called life.  Service to others is religion in it's purity.  Let your light so shine!  : )

How does it feel to promote fairy dust for a living?

The master serves smile

3. Eaglekiwi profile image76

Love is an doing work , hands on service without prejuice, without critism.
      Its about making and serving hot soup to a prostitute standing on the corner..
      Feeding a hungry person ,even though he spits on your God
      Helping a stranger without malice or hate because of the color of his skin or because he marches  to the beat of a different drummer.....
      That is love , loving when you dont get loved (or thanked back)

That is what it means to be a servant of Christs..and to walk humbly in his sight...smile

Like soup is going to help.  Get real.  For all the good that so called missionaries do, religion stacks the odds that create those positions of poverty.

Its no the soup silly ,its the action...wink
          What would you do?

1. mohitmisra profile image60

The soup will be a great gift for someone hungry. smile

A prostitute doesn't need soup, not the pros I know, they had plenty of money.  You are missing the point tho, soup kitchens are a token gesture.  If you don't get that, your loss.

The point is to be nice and help those in need,to serve humanity.To make a difference however you can.

You are naive to those in need, that is my point.

Doesn't make any sense.

2. Bovine Currency profile image60

The action?  So can you help me here, seeing how I am so naive.  Its not the soup?  So what is it????

Serving...one another
              Hunger -food
              Education -Schools
              Thirst-Clean water
              Unloved-Love

If I have something someone needs , and I dont need it , I give it smile

TOKENISM

Sounds to me like its more about you and less about the other.  Token gestures.  Standard christian practice.

How is it about me?
                  Christians are not the only people who serve either ,I neve said that, but you appear to have a problem with serving your fellow being?

2. Eaglekiwi profile image76

May be a token gesture but you still havent said what your gesture would be ,so Im interested if you want to help to just critise?

Easy to point the finger but remain on the sideline huh ,or in your case left field wink

My gesture to those in need is to educate them about the evils and wrongs of their naivity.

2. glendoncaba profile image82

smile

2. goldenpath profile image80
        goldenpathposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Amen!  Couldn't have said it better...

3. mohitmisra profile image60

smile nice understanding. smile

27. Bovine Currency profile image60

I just had another chat to god, he said you are all going to hell.  I tried warning you, religion forums are evil and you are willing participants.  Too bad for you tongue

Moooooo..ve  over lol

28. Bovine Currency profile image60

Jolly good old chap, fine work, hohoho, aren't we good people, we fed the homeless and thank the lord for making us so humble. BLAH!  You people turn my stomach

1. goldenpath profile image80
      goldenpathposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That's OK, you are entitled to your stomach being turned.  We love you anyhow.

You don't love me and I like it that way.  Keep your filth off me.

2. tksensei profile image61
      tksenseiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Humble people feeding the homeless turn your stomach?

????????????????

If it makes you feel better to totally miss the point, just make up your own answers, I see no point in communicating with someone who only ever asks rhetorical questions.

1. tksensei profile image61

Why does humble people feeding the homeless seem to bother you so much?

When did humble people start feeding the homeless? big_smile

A long, long time ago.

When?

First time a humble person with food met a homeless person, I reckon.

You could be more precise.  I am really interested.

29. Eaglekiwi profile image76

Maybe its the mad cow thing lol

Cuz he/she sure as hell likes to ignore my points wink

30. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

And, as I've noticed, Bovine actually has a point, but has failed to make everyone see, really his point.

There are some who are talking here, like it's good to do good things for the homeless and for those in need.

This is all fine and good. But, this doesn't address the underlying problem, which NO ONE is paying attention to in the first place.

The point trying to be made, even shelters, missions and other things like a pantry for food...isn't solving the problem.

And those who are here acting like it does....then you're fooling yourself, more than anything else. Because, the problem is MUCH GREATER than it appears to be.

Example: You say you're helping the homeless- but are you really....there are almost 50 MILLION Homeless in America alone.

There are ONLY 700,000 beds available Nationwide, through all sorts of organizations. So, please let's get to the underlying problem....before you decide you know what's best?

Please let's keep it real people. As for the topic- yeah there is evil in some of the people who refuse to admit when they are wrong, or when they aren't really paying attention to what's going on.

Ignorance is bliss folks. And, if people are going to be ignorant about the true power of people, then Humankind is doomed.

Have a nice day folks.

Nice one Cagsil.

2. tksensei profile image61

If no service is legitimate but what promotes someone's doomed fantasy of political utopia then nothing will ever be done and the net result will be less alleviation of suffering and the increased coarsening of the human heart.

Apparently you didn't read what I wrote, otherwise you've not come at me with this statement. If you're so damn ignorant and/or blind, then you would see the truth of what's happening, all around the world, not just in America.

However, since YOU DO NOT want to address the underlying problem, then you're only will to promote the cheaters of our society, so you can benefit for yourself. Therefore, it leads one to conclude that your argument, as you have so clearly defined in your statement- you are NO BETTER than the cheaters of the world, who usurp power and wealth, at the expense of others and don't really give a damn about other people, unlike what you were saying about helping out the homeless.

Please, get over yourself.

Be nice , there is no need for such language.

Go fly a kite. lol

No intelligence in this reply.The believers are supposed to be rude , what a joke,

Are you trying to provoke me?

You keep trying to step on my toes, there is a limit to my tolerance.

Step on your toes? You are really sad.

3. Eaglekiwi profile image76

I wrote a hub about the homeless ,so I do have some understanding of the facts and figures, but the point bovine failed to make was 'What is he/she doing about the problem?
      because its easy to stand back and critise , a lot more difficult to go and serve people without pay or acknowledgement ,like thousands do everyday....because they believe they serve Gods commandment to serve one another.

Personally I know I cant feed the world ,but if everyone helped their neighbor, hunger and poverty would be greatly reduced IMO..smile

31. Bovine Currency profile image60

Like a piece of string?

32. 0
    Leta Sposted 7 years ago

Just reading this entire exchange is annoying, save Jewels substantial points above.  It's like sitting in a class with insipid spit balls be thrown about.  Is everyone going Marine/TKsensei or hoping to emulate Mark Knowles?

Of course people can make changes to help others.  That isn't a solely 'Christian' concept, either.

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image62
      GeneralHowitzerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree, well said big_smile

33. Bovine Currency profile image60

Number 3 huh.  Richard Dawkins must be #1 or #2 because he sure as hell has sold more than you.

Its not by sales,sorry to disappoint you.

Not by sales?  So.... ranked by what then?  Your peers?  Sounding like a fix to me.

Its a Book library ranking.

Yeah, see fixed. lol

Hows that?

Which book library?  As I said, it sounds like a fix, probably a paid ranking or something of the like or such a small club.  I once worked in a fish and chip store many moons ago and they refused to enter a competition becuase there was a fee of $5000.  The winner was 'the best store in the city'.  Is that your #3 ranking??

Look at my profile I have put these rankings up earlier.Not putting them up again.

I looked at your profile.  What am I looking at exactly?  A world #3 writer in religion.  Please...

34. Bovine Currency profile image60

I know I was going to leave but this is a new topic now.  Why lie for.

35. Bovine Currency profile image60

Like grease to grease paper.

36. Bovine Currency profile image60

big_smile big_smile big_smile

If I do show you, will you apologies? Also will you promise me that you will never go to a religious congregation or forum and laugh at those who believe in god.?

Not a chance

So it doesn't matter of my work is ranked over Bibles and Qurans?

Not in the slightest

Why? we are on a religious forum.

37. Bovine Currency profile image60

You are kidding, yes?  We are all in on this joke?  Not just me? big_smile big_smile

38. Bovine Currency profile image60

Look at the topic, I started this topic as a joke.  You just played right into it.

Was sharing knowledge.

You call it knowledge I call it a joke.

Because you are unable to comprehend?

39. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

I am done with this....have fun bovine.

40. Bovine Currency profile image60

@Cagsil, they will not learn.  It is that simple.

You guys will teach me lol   lol   lol   lol   lol

41. Bovine Currency profile image60

Cya bud

42. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

So Glendon, you take this literally?

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through.   (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

Hi earnest, its that disarming smile of yours.  its hard to argue with you?

C'mon man you strike me as one who is too educated to ask such a simple question.  Every book must be taken in context.  Even shakespeare.

1. 0
        Leta Sposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, thank God someone said that. (lol, not about earnest's smile.)

I guess they see theists as all one monolith and all of it is supposed to be funny.  But it is a joke (yeah, a joke) looking at this religion forum most days, and the joke is a bit on them - as they don't apparently know the definition of 'religionist,' and somewhat see things as literally as those they say they abhor.

OK!  Had to say it...as it has been bugging me.  Evidently 'atheists' quote, quote, are exempt from tolerance.

wink

I am not tolerant of being told that myself and family are going to burn in hell, does that surprise you? I replied to the willy waveadagga snipe, but the post went astray. no biggy. smile

1. 0
            Leta Sposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, Earnest, but that's a given.  I'm not too fond of being told where to go, either.  I've always known fundamentalists are nuts...obvious. But some of this stuff on these forums is beyond the pale...and doesn't strike me as honest. The (again, quote, quote) atheists here don't strike me as much better about things.

There are people who have spent their lives studying and attempting to understand something maybe you cannot conceive of.  Perhaps it is their path - who is to say?  Who, as many here are so fond of saying, possesses "the truth?"  I've been reading a lot of philosophy lately - all of the greatest thinkers have had different ideas about God.  None can be described as 'religionists,' which is to say they are false thinkers:

Religionist
            Noun    1.    religionism - exaggerated religious zealotry
            intolerance - unwillingness to recognize and respect differences in opinions or beliefs

2.    religionism - exaggerated or affected piety and religious zeal

It seems to me that many, many here on these forum can fit into the above definition, including the atheists.

It's fine.  It just honestly does bother me that people I like here are somewhat like this.  And it isn't like politics - at the moment, at least in America, you can study that a little bit and basically know what actually is right.  I believe spirituality to be something of an individual choice that should be respected (which is totally different than any adherence to brimstone and fire stupid indoctrination).  Few here apparently see it that way.

43. Bovine Currency profile image60

Some christians believe christ has already come again, that all the biblical promises have been revealed, many many years ago.

1. topgunjager profile image60
      topgunjagerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Christ is back, check this out!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAXaRcO25X4

very funny smile

44. Bovine Currency profile image60

Pastor Manning

Check this one out! Classic sermon!!

45. Bovine Currency profile image60

Do yourself a favor, click that link...soooooooo funny.

Here's one you might like.  I cringe when I see this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRMiRFJzIKA

46. Jewels profile image81
    Jewelsposted 7 years ago

Sola Scriptura = bible only - well that says it all doesn't it.  If you can't step outside the box, then enjoy being walled in it - exactly what the Romans wanted.

Please take into consideration that the OT existed before the Romans.

And the NT was written largely within a hostile Roman Empire.

The Church at Rome rejected pure gospel of Jesus and adopted the teachings of Simon Magus.  But sola scriptura will cut through errors of Simon magus.

Do you understand?

God has providentially been restoring the purity even through the same Church in its early years by raising up great teachers to point them to pure gospel.  Even before Reformation. 

Some, like Polycarp, were killed.  While heretics like marcion taught errors.

It is you who are not understanding. Please don't go down the condescending and patronizing road.  Lillith used to get pissed off, now it's just tiresome!

You need to understand the beginnings of the Word as the Logos and then from this point understand the meaning of Solar Logos.  You need to get your head out of the literal scriptures of the Word being scriptures - it just isn't so.  Then have an experience of an emanation of the Solar Logos.  Then you are on your way to understanding what was known as a spiritual experience before your first transcribed bible was published.  You don't have the experience because of your bible, you have the experience first, then it's written about in a book.

Do you understand?

sola not solar.

SOLA SCRIPTURA = BIBLE ONLY.

unfortunate similarity to your solar focus.

Tut tut. 

OK forget the latin.

Just read 'Bible only' as apposed to traditions which allowed for pagan mysteries to be incorporated into Christianity.

Are you deliberately misunderstanding me in order to preach your mysteries to me.  I will listen to you without the strategy.

I have read the term solar logos in a book by a Buddhist master in a "A Treatise To White Magic" Buddha and Jesus=same thing= enlightened ones or awakened ones.
            Jewels is correct about the experience being all important, one can never understand the true meaning of any spiritual book and not only the Holy Bible without a spiritual experience of god.

2. Jewels profile image81

Pagan mysteries were incorporated into the bible, you just have misinterpreted them and then rewritten your bible to make it more ignorant friendly.  There is no strategy at all.  When I spoke about the solar logos I had no intention of you having a misunderstanding between it and your sola scriptura which means the one and only book.  Mind you, that is such an arrogant term for a book that has been bastardized to death since it's first writings.  I do understand you, I just have no interest in what you are passing. And again, if you clearly have no intention of having experiences nor understanding the original teachings then sad day for you.  The Cathars who were early christians very much understood pagan mysteries.  However, in the times of the Cathars these mysteries were not mysteries.  Shame they were slaughtered.  How convenient! 

The bible is not the be all and end all of spiritual knowledge, never has been and never will be a complete teaching of what's possible.

Sad that you can participate in a discussion without any interest in what the other party has to say.

You spill paragraphs of ink talking about solar logos and when I correct you there is a total rejection of the importance of the correction.  I am simply saying that the Christian who is sola scriptura will reject the extra-biblical heresies.  This assertion of mine is a response to someone who said earlier that Christians dont understand the (pagan content) of the Christian religion.  If the only response you can muster is to reject and disannul my point then you have no idea of the fundamental difference between the Roman school and the reformers. 

And I have wasted my time here...I should know better. 

And I have 9 more hubs to write for hub challenge today.

Perhaps it's the way in which you word your content.  It created confusion for me, apologies if I got that wrong.  Clarity required however, that when I speak of the solar logos I am not making any reference to or connection to what you brought into the conversation - sola scriptura.  It's not the same thing.   If you intend to replace sola scriptura over solar logos then please be aware, it's not me who needs correcting. Do you reject the "extra-bible heresies?"

Goodluck with your hub writing.

Thanks.  Point taken.  I could not help but thinking that you missed my earlier point.

It appears that philosophically we are approaching the issue from two irreconcilable perspectives.  But I appreciate the toned down language. 

Warning:  Beware that the same old fruit from eden will promise an 'experience' which points away from God. Jesus is the way, truth and life.

Check this poem on Simon Magus.  The entrance of certain heresies can be traced to Simon Magus.
                  http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Road-of-History

Crikey (that's the Australian way of saying CHRIST!)  Please don't preach to me, please do not warn me, please don't take a preachers role to me.  Do it to yourself, but not me. So I'm not one to turn the other cheek easily so I'll respond by saying:

WARNING: Beware that the same old fruit from Eden will promise an 'experience' which points away from God.  Your Jesus is not the only way to truth and life.  Get with the program glendoncaba.  I'm doing very well and no thanks for your unwanted concern. That's as toned down as I want to make it.  I'd much rather have the experiences of a higher state of consciousness and not be told about it.  And in that department, the church fails miserably.  Oh!  I should say for clarity sake, the church excels at telling you, fails miserably at teaching you how to have the experiences.

2. 0

Excuse me but it is the Solar Logos
                She was right and didn't need correcting. you say she won't listen,  but it's you not her.

47. Bovine Currency profile image60

Manufacturing consent - The propaganda machine at work  and,

Chomsky on religion

Noam Chomsky is the daddy of realism

Check it out.

48. tksensei profile image61
    tksenseiposted 7 years ago

Chomsky is a brilliant linguist but just another extremist dope when it comes to politics.

hahahahahahahhahahahahhahaahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahah!!!!  You are the expert over chomsky now??? LOLOLOLOLOL big_smile big_smile: big_smile HAHAHA big_smile

49. Bovine Currency profile image60
  50. tksensei profile image61
    tksenseiposted 7 years ago

His field of expertise is linguistics. The rest is just opinion that is worth about the same as that of any other hysterical old partisan crank.

Strange as this may seem to you but I never posted that for you.  I wouldn't dream of converting you to the truth.

working